• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Feasible...? No.
Impossible? No.
Actually, it isn't possible. Once the "leak" was released Omni's videos would have been deleted, he would have been sued for every cent, and we would have never heard from him again.

D

Deleted member

The harder you try to peddle this as real, the less funny this gag becomes.

....and it wasn't real funny to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
...-_-;
You mean like this one?
At this time and age, I'd need actual gameplay of Mewtwo to prove any kind of point...*sigh*

Naaaaa, if you can shoot a video of you selecting Mario, changing his color to the black one, then hovering to Mewtwo (just to see what happens) and then selecting Red Peach... In the next 20 minutes... Then i will completely believe you. I will even write a public statement about how wrong I was for not believing you.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Naaaaa, if you can shoot a video of you selecting Mario, changing his color to the black one, then hovering to Mewtwo (just to see what happens) and then selecting Red Peach... In the next 20 minutes... Then i will completely believe you. I will even write a public statement about how wrong I was for not believing you.
-.- Nothing happens when I hover over Mewtwo. It would look fake.

D

Deleted member

Just keep digging that hole deeper....you'll get to China eventually.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
...-_-;
You mean like this one?
At this time and age, I'd need actual gameplay of Mewtwo to prove any kind of point...*sigh*
I dunno why you thought a picture would make any difference though. When Mewtwo finally comes out and if it turns out he has the same CSP, I will literally eat my own words.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Want an easy way to prove it for certainty, Speed?
Post a screenshot of the menu select screen to Miiverse.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
If we follow what Speed has said, it does raise the possibility of a Nintendo Direct coming up next week some time. I mean they might be prepping codes to send out to people and accidentally sent one to her. This could be in preparation for Mewtwo's release possibly next week and releasing codes for the end of the direct.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We'll get and hear nothing for a long time.

And that's okay.

It will still come.
Eh, I'm sure they'll have a Direct sometime this month, hopefully next week. They'll show off Mewtwo before April I'm sure.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
....you guys are not going to believe this.... but here's an image... of the starting screen that is...

Now first and foremost.... I can't pick Mewtwo. There was hardly even a download period at all. Maybe he isn't fully released.... If I even hover above his icon, it appears as a blank space.
But anyway...I think a certain someone has a bit of explaining to do....doesn't that Mewtwo icon look a bit familiar?
:/

First of all, none of us have heard any news. Nothing. The only thing I've heard from Nintendo so far is that my CD was delayed and won't be shipped until April. They said to register for the Mewtwo DLC codes by the 31st. For you guys, it's the 11th. For us it's the 12th. Nowhere near the 31st so I have a very hard time believing you were given the codes long before anybody else. If somebody else were to perhaps come along and say they got the codes, then I'd believe you. But at this point, I don't buy it.

The screenshot is from the Rayman leak. You can see exactly how the guy did it right here, and that's the exact image in your screenshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaoB7lnOiXM&t=188

It's just wayyyy too much of a coincidence the image in your screenshot matches some random trophy pose this guy made himself. If Mewtwo's pose was different, then it would be more believable.

You need a lot more proof than just a screenshot and a cropped picture of your email~! :p

Until there is solid evidence, then I don't believe you. Sorry.

Looks like we need the troll patrol on this one!

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Falco. Being floaty, tall, awkwardly huge and no good answer to his aerial approaches and pressure really kind of screws over the whole being Mewtwo thing.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Who did you guys have a problem against in Melee when you played as Mewtwo?
Pretty much every S tier ranked character (mostly Fox and Falco), fast and hit like a freaking truck. Doesn't really go into Mewtwo's favor since he's really floaty but of course when I fought people who used S tier characters I just chose Marth because he was my secondary and my chances of winning were higher.

Last edited:

johab001

Smash Cadet
Falco. Being floaty, tall, awkwardly huge and no good answer to his aerial approaches and pressure really kind of screws over the whole being Mewtwo thing.
Pretty much every S tier ranked character (mostly Fox and Falco), fast and hit like a freaking truck. Doesn't really go into Mewtwo's favor since he's really floaty but of course when I fought people who used S tier characters I just chose Marth because he was my secondary and my chances of winning were higher.
yeah its true Falco was very annoying when he kicked hard and fast. Feels like he plays soccer with mewtwo.
Btw, who did notice mewtwo cross his arm when he Sneak walks in melee? that was cool

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Basically the only way to play the Falco match up as mewtwo is roll or teleport out of shield when he gets close in for pressure, perfect shield every laser, and fish for dtilts till you can grab and go for combos. Literally the biggest ass matchup on mewtwo in my opinion.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
:/

First of all, none of us have heard any news. Nothing. The only thing I've heard from Nintendo so far is that my CD was delayed and won't be shipped until April. They said to register for the Mewtwo DLC codes by the 31st. For you guys, it's the 11th. For us it's the 12th. Nowhere near the 31st so I have a very hard time believing you were given the codes long before anybody else. If somebody else were to perhaps come along and say they got the codes, then I'd believe you. But at this point, I don't buy it.

The screenshot is from the Rayman leak. You can see exactly how the guy did it right here, and that's the exact image in your screenshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaoB7lnOiXM&t=188

It's just wayyyy too much of a coincidence the image in your screenshot matches some random trophy pose this guy made himself. If Mewtwo's pose was different, then it would be more believable.

You need a lot more proof than just a screenshot and a cropped picture of your email~! :p

Until there is solid evidence, then I don't believe you. Sorry.

Looks like we need the troll patrol on this one!

It would be quite simple to debunk actually. Not that it's already debunked, but if Speed is still claiming it's true, then a simple phone picture or video of her OFF SCREEN on the css shouldn't be hard to do. As in, a picture of her tv on the css. Done :)

Let's wait a couple more weeks folks, there should be some news coming in soon!

johab001

Smash Cadet
It would be quite simple to debunk actually. Not that it's already debunked, but if Speed is still claiming it's true, then a simple phone picture or video of her OFF SCREEN on the css shouldn't be hard to do. As in, a picture of her tv on the css. Done :)

Let's wait a couple more weeks folks, there should be some news coming in soon!
She's obviously joking with us. That CSS is clearly fake, mewtwo will look different when its out

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Oh, Speed. At this point, I don't believe you anymore for reasons already stated. Nobody else got their email, and the CSS is from the Artsy Omni leak, only photo shopped to exclude Rayman. Oh, well, we have to get Mewtwo information at some point. Besides, like @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy said, the activity in this thread was lots of fun, as was your whole "leak," at least while it lasted.
Also, I don't hate you. It was fun, and it was nice to actually have something to hype over. Plus, your leak was enough to motivate me to finally redeem my codes. I'm lazy like that:laugh:.
Yeah, pretty much what everyone else said. Falco, in particular, was pretty nasty, but Fox was bad as well. Also, for some reason, I had a rough time with Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. I don't why, though. Maybe I just didn't know how to counter those characters in general.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Oh, Speed. At this point, I don't believe you anymore for reasons already stated. Nobody else got their email, and the CSS is from the Artsy Omni leak, only photo shopped to exclude Rayman. Oh, well, we have to get Mewtwo information at some point. Besides, like @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy said, the activity in this thread was lots of fun, as was your whole "leak," at least while it lasted.
Also, I don't hate you. It was fun, and it was nice to actually have something to hype over. Plus, your leak was enough to motivate me to finally redeem my codes. I'm lazy like that:laugh:.

Yeah, pretty much what everyone else said. Falco, in particular, was pretty nasty, but Fox was bad as well. Also, for some reason, I had a rough time with Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. I don't why, though. Maybe I just didn't know how to counter those characters in general.
Somehow I always thought the Mewtwo vs Fox matchup wasn't that bad considering Mewtwo had 0-70% combos and juggles on fast fallers. Falco was harder though. I wasn't that great at Melee though so I would lose anyways to most people.

Another point on Speed's "leak" that everyone seems to have missed is that the "mail" is not the usual Nintendo format. Those mails are automatic and follow a very specific format in which all of those mails come. For example there is no mail with the name of the object on it. Normally it's "your reward". Plus a couple of other things.

I think you guys are so wound up in Speed's prank that you forgot about the fact that a guy from Naughty Dog (was it Naughty Dog?) tweeted that there would be a direct soon. Or was that also fake? I don't remember and I can't find the page it was posted on.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I think you guys are so wound up in Speed's prank that you forgot about the fact that a guy from Naughty Dog (was it Naughty Dog?) tweeted that there would be a direct soon. Or was that also fake? I don't remember and I can't find the page it was posted on.
I found it:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/11/rumour-nintendo-direct-apparently-coming-soon/

I hope it's true. I'm looking forward to it! Not that I'm 100% up to date with Nintendo news but I don't think they have much to put in there other than Mewtwo. Well, at least a compilation of previews for upcoming games, but I can't imagine them doing another without Mewtwo. It's been over 3 months now? Four?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I found it:
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/11/rumour-nintendo-direct-apparently-coming-soon/

I hope it's true. I'm looking forward to it! Not that I'm 100% up to date with Nintendo news but I don't think they have much to put in there other than Mewtwo. Well, at least a compilation of previews for upcoming games, but I can't imagine them doing another without Mewtwo. It's been over 3 months now? Four?
He was announced a littl over 4 months ago. Also it's just some guy with a nickname called "NaughtyDog4Life" for a moment I thought it was an actual Naughty Dog employee. Still, there should be a direct coming up soon.

Nintendo Direct confirmed on tuesday by NoA themselves!!!!!

edit: Apparently it was a fake tweet. Don't get excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom