• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

D

Deleted member

Listen you fool, I was talking about how you use it in a serious match. You revealed that you'd rather try to mock someone than answer a competitive Smash question. I tried to see how you use Usmash, arguably Mewtwo's best kill move
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5:22&version=NRSV

It's not worth it, Greninja. Also, you can use it

1. When an opponent's above you
2. Anywhere, if they're big enough
3. To finish somebody off
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It's-a-me! Butthurt Smith!
U mad bro?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Says the person who had a tamper tantrum because Mewtwo wasn't as OP as they wanted. Question: How do you use Mewtwo's Usmash? This is for everyone
Mostly as an anti-landing move. If an opponent tries to come down right on top of me, then U-Smash typically puts a stop to it. Even if the opponent manages to air-dodge through the bulk of the move, they still tend to get sucked into it for the last few blows unless they're playing as a really short character, like Kirby or Jigglypuff. Also, Mewtwo's U-Smash can actually power through moves like Falcon Kick and Wizard's Foot, as well as a few other stall-then-fall moves. It's pretty incredible, and the opponent is in for a rude awakening if they don't know what they're up against.
In addition to that, I occasionally use it to counter opponents who try to jump from a ledge, and if anybody happens to be on a platform above me, then Mewtwo's U-Smash can usually hit them through the platform. Finally, I also sometimes use it as a follow-up to a D-Throw. It's a pretty effective kill move, as well, like you said. I don't know if it's Mewtwo's best kill move, but it's certainly up there. I really enjoy using it!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Eating pizza is a sin according to the old testament (dairy and meat), so is trying to convert someone. You committed two sins for the price of one
Mostly as an anti-landing move. If an opponent tries to come down right on top of me, then U-Smash typically puts a stop to it. Even if the opponent manages to air-dodge through the bulk of the move, they still tend to get sucked into it for the last few blows unless they're playing as a really short character, like Kirby or Jigglypuff. Also, Mewtwo's U-Smash can actually power through moves like Falcon Kick and Wizard's Foot, as well as a few other stall-then-fall moves. It's pretty incredible, and the opponent is in for a rude awakening if the don't know what they're up against.
In addition to that, I occasionally use it to counter opponents who try to jump from a ledge, and if anybody happens to be on a platform above me, then Mewtwo's U-Smash can usually hit them through the platform. Finally, I also sometimes use it as a follow-up to a D-Throw. It's a pretty effective kill move, as well, like you said. I don't know if it's Mewtwo's best kill move, but it's certainly up there. I really enjoy using it!
I remember Marth dying at 70%. That alone shows how Mewtwo's punish game is good enough to make him a threat

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Says the person who had a tamper tantrum because Mewtwo wasn't as OP as they wanted. Question: How do you use Mewtwo's Usmash? This is for everyone
USmash I more use as mix up tool. Because Mewtwo has good range, he can generally force an action out of an opponent when they try to land, since UTilt, Uair, and Fair are good air to air or anti air options. If you condition an opponent to act every time they are above you, I generally do a short hop fake into Usmash, for those times where I need an early kill to catch up. Usmash isn't super nice otherwise. It has a lot of kill power and priority, but hit box placement and how easily punishable it is makes me usually stick with a good Fair unless I need to mix it up.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Eating pizza is a sin according to the old testament (dairy and meat), so is trying to convert someone. You committed two sins for the price of one
But thou art welcome anytime. It is only human to commit a sin...Hehehehehe

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Find this verse.

It's not a weapon, it's a warning. But I delivered my message, thus, doing my part.
Trying to convert people to another religion (Deuteronomy 13:1-11, Deuteronomy 18:20)
Warn me? Don't make me laugh! Do you think I'm being rude to you based on your religion? I've got quite a lot of Christian friends actually, not to mention you fail to counter my pizza sin.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Trying to convert people to another religion (Deuteronomy 13:1-11, Deuteronomy 18:20)
Warn me? Don't make me laugh! Do you think I'm being rude to you based on your religion? I've got quite a lot of Christian friends actually, not to mention you fail to counter my pizza sin.
I'd like to point out that the verses you're citing refer to Christians giving into temptation and converting to other, non-Christian religions. It's not saying that Christians converting other people to Christianity is a sin. It's saying that following what Christians refer to as false idols is a sin. So, you're statement isn't entirely accurate.

As for the whole thing about eating pizza, that's a law from the Old Testament. Later on, the Old Testament has several rules and restrictions that are cleared up after the death of Jesus Christ, so eating pizza today is not sin, but it would've been back during the times of the Old Testament. The New Testament makes it clear that all meat is clean, so it's fine to eat it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If anything, these aren't proving your point, as it seems to be saying that if somebody tells you to praise somebody other than the Lord Gord almighty, then not to believe them and to "terminate" them. Telling you about The Real God is not violating this.

And regardless of what you believe, it's not about what you believe anymore. The end is near and indeed imminent, people are running out of reasons to not believe in the Lord God, I know He's real, and the Bible is real, and by saying those words, you are sinning. Not believing in something doesn't invalidate it if it's the real deal. So no. It's not just "based on [my] religion", it's based on reality. And you ought to tell your friends to help you out and show you the way.

Also, cheeseless pizza would suffice if I'm correct.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If anything, these aren't proving your point, as it seems to be saying that if somebody tells you to praise somebody other than the Lord Gord almighty, then not to believe them and to "terminate" them. Telling you about The Real God is not violating this.

And regardless of what you believe, it's not about what you believe anymore. The end is near and indeed imminent, people are running out of reasons to not believe in the Lord God, I know He's real, and the Bible is real, and by saying those words, you are sinning. Not believing in something doesn't invalidate it if it's the real deal. So no. It's not just "based on [my] religion", it's based on reality. And you ought to tell your friends to help you out and show you the way.

Also, cheeseless pizza would suffice if I'm correct.
>Implying I give a damn about your god.
*****, I've suffered enough in life for no reason to the point where I've just become cynical. I have a question: Why can I cope with other religious people but not you? Answer: You are a prick who doesn't know **** about competitive smash and forces their believes. My friends who are Christians don't do this: Respect my beliefs and I'll respect yours. But noooo, you HAD to cry about the LGBT when I joked about Ike

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Can't you take the religious debates to a debate forum or PM? I'm here to read about Mewtwo. :(

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm not even joking, here!
Eating a cheeseburger or anything that mixes meat and dairy (Exodus 23:19)
Pizza's main ingredients are cheese and meat
Once again, that's a law from the Old Testament. Later on, in the New Testament, Jesus makes it clear that all meat is clean.
Mark 7:19: For it doesn't go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.
Basically, Jesus is saying that meat does not affect a person's intentions or mind, so it's not a sin to eat it. Here, it's made clear that all meat is clean and OK to eat.

EDIT: Just in case you perceive this as offensive, let me say that I'm not trying to be. I'm merely correcting a few minor inaccuracies you've said. I mean no disrespect whatsoever.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Can't you take the religious debates to a debate forum or PM? I'm here to read about Mewtwo. :(
My apologies, thanks for posting this! Going to do what I should have done a long time ago...
EDIT: U-throw, smithy feels like the old testament shouldn't be ignored and hates LGBT because of the old testament, double standards drive me nuts

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 5:22&version=NRSV

It's not worth it, Greninja. Also, you can use it

1. When an opponent's above you
2. Anywhere, if they're big enough
3. To finish somebody off
----------------------------------------------------------------------

U mad bro?
Ah, but you're taking the scripture too literally. Also, it isn't very wise to say someone has a dumb question, that's rude.

And @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , you know I love you but settle down just a little bit? As to not attract Mods of course.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
This is like what, the 4th f****** time we argued using religion, please do NOT take religion into arguments, it just makes thins worse and more offensive.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ah, but you're taking the scripture too literally. Also, it isn't very wise to say someone has a dumb question, that's rude.

And @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , you know I love you but settle down just a little bit? As to not attract Mods of course.
Funny enough my post above showed I stopped XD
you know I love you

JK, the bae reads this thread
EDIT: 4th time? I thought this was the second

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Christian/Jewish religious debates are the awkwardest things ever for me.

I always want to throw in my input, but I happen to be both an athiest and someone who hasn't really ever read the bible, so I have to do everything in my power to restrain myself.

Also, I'm eating pizza right now, and that doesn't really help.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
This is like what, the 4th f****** time we argued using religion (looking at you Mario Smith), please do NOT take religion into arguments, it just makes thins worse and more offensive.
I have agree with this. I've stated my views, but I've no desire to continue arguing about religion. It's off-topic and irrelevant, not to mention being a super-touchy subject. It doesn't take much to set people off when it comes to religious matters. Let's just put a stop to it before anything gets out of hand.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This is like what, the 4th f****** time we argued using religion (looking at you Mario Smith), please do NOT take religion into arguments, it just makes thins worse and more offensive.
Please, don't call people out. That's pretty close to bullying.

Just drop it and move on. Yes, religion is a sore subject as there is multiple religions whom believe different things. That's no reason to go pointing fingers however. It isn't bad yet but if we continue it may turn out to be.

D

Deleted member

>Implying I give a damn about your God.
*****, I've suffered enough in life for no reason to the point where I've just become cynical. I have a question: Why can I cope with other religious people but not you? Answer: You are a prick who doesn't know **** about competitive smash and forces their believes. My friends who are Christians don't do this: Respect my beliefs and I'll respect yours. But noooo, you HAD to cry about the LGBT when I joked about Ike
So your anger is from suffering and vengeance? Look, maybe your life hasn't gotten better because you haven't given yourself over to God yet. You have absolutely no reason to be complaining. Are you still alive? Do you still have food to eat? Water to drink? A roof over your head? People who care about you? If so, then you have NOTHING to complain about. You can't just expect God to babysit you through the troubles of the world, you have to suffer some, but those who are last here will be first in heaven. There are probably so many people who wish that they could've been you, and so many people who are much worst positions than you, and would give almost anything just to have an even somewhat stable life. I was kind of like you when I was growing up, except the fact that I always kept God close to me, and I confessed Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savoir. I always had somebody that I could talk to, a friend who would never abandon me, somebody who cared for me, even when the world didn't.

And regardless of whether you believe in God or not, he's real, and when the tribulations come, there will be nowhere to hide, not from the seven seals, not from satan, and ESPECIALLY not from God. For you will now he's real, and every knee shall bow before him. But you don't have to suffer, you can get confess, and get raptured.

Anyways, I'm not going to continue to argue with you, but if you ever want advice or somebody to talk to, I'll be around.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Damn, I forgot how stress relieving the ignore button is...Sorry guys, Didn't mean to turn this place to a ****storm again, mods, if I deserve an infraction point, I'm not going to protest, should have gotten one earlier judging from the Isaac thread tbh

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So your anger is from suffering and vengeance? Look, maybe your life hasn't gotten better because you haven't given yourself over to God yet. You have absolutely no reason to be complaining. Are you still alive? Do you still have food to eat? Water to drink? A roof over your head? People who care about you? If so, then you have NOTHING to complain about. You can't just expect God to babysit you through the troubles of the world, you have to suffer some, but those who are last here will be first in heaven. There are probably so many people who wish that they could've been you, and so many people who are much worst positions than you, and would give almost anything just to have an even somewhat stable life. I was kind of like you when I was growing up, except the fact that I always kept God close to me, and I confessed Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savoir. I always had somebody that I could talk to, a friend who would never abandon me, somebody who cared for me, even when the world didn't.

And regardless of whether you believe in God or not, he's real, and when the tribulations come, there will be nowhere to hide, not from the seven seals, not from satan, and ESPECIALLY not from God. For you will now he's real, and every knee shall bow before him. But you don't have to suffer, you can get confess, and get raptured.

Anyways, I'm not going to continue to argue with you, but if you ever want advice or somebody to talk to, I'll be around.
Look, I admire your religious strength. I really do. It's a sort of gift and dedication that only a few people are lucky enough to have. But, now is not the time or the place. People are getting upset and offended, and nothing good is going to come out of all this. It's better to just leave it as is and drop the entire discussion. We're all here to talk about Mewtwo, so why not get back on track?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Are we really doing this?

D

Deleted member

I'm content with the path that I've chosen. Insalt away.

edit: didn't see your post at the time, U-throw.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm content with the path that I've chosen. Insalt away.
You are a great Christian, I will admit that. I admire your conviction in your religious ventures. But, man, please. Now you are just trying to provoke people just for the sake of provoking people. Please, please, just stop.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I want to end this buy saying this: @ BugCatcherWill BugCatcherWill and @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy . I apologize for making one bad apple made me forget to keep you two in consideration, you two are good people in my eyes, and respect my beliefs so I should do the same to you two. Will, you being a bug catcher shows me you don't care what others have to say as bug catchers are unpopular. Hokori, you're a very memorable person to me, not just because your constant alert box destroying boosts my ego, but because you're honestly one of the most mature people I've met on the net. To other Christian people who were forced to see me fight with someone who was acting rude to me, I apologize to you too

D

Deleted member

You are a great Christian, I will admit that. I admire your conviction in your religious ventures. But, man, please. Now you are just trying to provoke people just for the sake of provoking people. Please, please, just stop.
That was actually me saying that people can say as they will, but I'm done arguing.

Also, I'm not a great Christian, just a strong one.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
My faith is only in Mewtwo. She at least answers the many deep existential questions mankind has. Questions such as "Why is there suffering in this world?" That would be because you're an NU and she is an Uber. "What is life?" It is what happens when you are not battling against Mewtwo.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I've got two things to say:

1. How to beat rushdown characters. This is actually going to sound stupid, but fight fire with fire. Believe me, if you rush down a rushdown character as Mewtwo, you will win. Some of the more significant Falcons have fallen at the feet of my rushdown-two.
This strategy works because a rushdown player wouldn't expect their own technique to be used against them. Usually the go in for the same two options (if you're going against Falcon), which are dash-grab, and dash attack, however, Mewtwo's dash attack is better than Falcon's, and it will assert a form of priority over his.

2. For those of you @pikazz @pikazz @pikazz, Teleport looks like the type of move where you'd be able to act out of it, and personally, I think that the aerial cooldown animation for it supports that. I can always imagine the spin transitioning into a Melee shadowclaw, and the animation (and move as a whole) just looks incomplete without it.
Falcons, Sanics and Sheiks have nothing on properly timed tail attacks and Confusion. DTilt and UTilt works best. DTilt is my preferred move or a jab because it leaves the opponent open for a Jab, DTilt, FJC USmash combo or a DTilt, FSmash. In higher %s what I do is JC with air dodges and hit em with a NAir or DAir, the former you can link to a combo and the latter can kill or at the very least send the opponent high if you need to stall, say, for charging Shadow Ball. DJC Disable or Shadow Ball on ledges works wonders too. It's all about muscle memory and proper timing with fast characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ugh, another day, failed...

Anyways... You should all try playing a more offensive (even if not rushdown-level) Mewtwo.

Also, is anybody who hasn't ignored me open?

Top Bottom