• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
should've probably been more specific, but I agree that 5 is way too much. A person should definitely have a main and a secondary (to cover the weaknesses of the main) and can have as many pocket characters that they want (it wouldn't be accurate to call those characters mains though).
Ok, so are you saying that all my characters are pocket characters? If anything, I call my characters co-mains, as they are all meant to take the spot of a main, and are meant to be practically evened out. A team standing side by side, not one character looming over the others.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
How's your internet doing mate? I really need to know someone who can answer questions for me as soon as Mewtwo releases :p

Also @Metros are you also from AU?
Yeah, Metros is from AU.

Why I plan on lowering down to 4 mains only, a small group that I can keep evened out. I just need to stop being an indecisive idiot and make a choice already (been stuck on this question since the Wii U version came out). :p
It's alright man. I'm pretty indecisive myself. I would rotate between like 6 characters until I finally decided on Mewtwo. Mewtwo was always in my Melee rotation ever since I was a little, so I'm glad I could settle on a character I used a lot. He was also my used PM character back when I still played it actively~ Thank god for Mewtwo, I might actually stand a chance against my friends who has 1 main...

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
It's alright man. I'm pretty indecisive myself. I would rotate between like 6 characters until I finally decided on Mewtwo. Mewtwo was always in my Melee rotation ever since I was a little, so I'm glad I could settle on a character I used a lot. He was also my used PM character back when I still played it actively~ Thank god for Mewtwo, I might actually stand a chance against my friends who has 1 main...
Yeah, I can't go down to 1 character, unless I'm playing 64, which it's been a long time since I've played that. It's too limiting. I DID go with 2 in Melee, but I want to stick with these 3 for certain (Mewtwo, Meta Knight, and Lucina), but still do want that 4th spot like I had in PM (torn between Rosalina & Luma, Greninja, Lucario, Sonic, and Robin...for those who can't see my sig :p).

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
Ok, so are you saying that all my characters are pocket characters? If anything, I call my characters co-mains, as they are all meant to take the spot of a main, and are meant to be practically evened out. A team standing side by side, not one character looming over the others.
Co-mains would work, honestly this boils down to semantics, but if a person is trying to say they main 10 characters, they're using the word incorrectly.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Co-mains would work, honestly this boils down to semantics, but if a person is trying to say they main 10 characters, they're using the word incorrectly.
Ah, I must've misunderstood. I thought you were implying that 1 main and secondaries was the only thing that works. I do agree that 5+ IS pushing it a bit much. I even do think 4 is a bit more than most should use, but if you can handle that many, you'll be fine.

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
Ah, I must've misunderstood. I thought you were implying that 1 main and secondaries was the only thing that works. I do agree that 5+ IS pushing it a bit much. I even do think 4 is a bit more than most should use, but if you can handle that many, you'll be fine.
In the words of the once mighty Chillindude, "my b" for the misunderstanding. 1 main and secondaries is just the traditional route.
But I agree with what you're saying completely though^-^

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
In the words of the once mighty Chillindude, "my b" for the misunderstanding. 1 main and secondaries is just the traditional route.
But I agree with what you're saying completely though^-^
I think, as Mewtwo is coming out soon, I'll put the TBD characters on the shelf for now. Stick with Lucina, Meta Knight, and (eventually) Mewtwo. This way I can get back to where I was at skillwise, and work on the others and figure out who I'll choose at a later date.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
For the longest time Pit has been my main. Then my list of secondaries grew to be as long as my arm. So glad with Mewtwo I should be able to decide on a main once and for all.

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
I think, as Mewtwo is coming out soon, I'll put the TBD characters on the shelf for now. Stick with Lucina, Meta Knight, and (eventually) Mewtwo. This way I can get back to where I was at skillwise, and work on the others and figure out who I'll choose at a later date.
Do you have a character you dislike playing against? (Other than Sonic of course)

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
At first I had difficulties deciding my 'for sure' mains, (even up to recently, like yesterday, but I always stuck w/ Mac and Gninja.) but I had to narrow it down a bit 'cause it was getting hectic. So now I only main 3 (Mac, Ninja, & soon to be M2) and 2 secondaries / pocket chars. (Ness & Fox)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I started with Lucina, Robin, and Samus, followed by adding Bowser to the mix of my four mains.

And now, Mewtwo.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
@ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix
Nice!!!

I got a list of "easy" checks that should take you no longer than 10 minutes to test and inform us.

I also have some "'medium" checks that might take like 30-45 minutes at most.

All other checks I'll do them myself once I get Mewtwo.

I'd be very grateful if you could help me out with those.

Last edited:

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
I dislike fighting a decent amount of characters, yes. It mostly depends on how their played/who's playing them though.
Oh, if there was a certain character then I would've tried to pinpoint a character that does somewhat well while still fitting into your playstyle.

KarleKat

Smash Cadet
I main Charizard and Palutena pretty evenly - Charizard is, incredibly, 'okay' in certain (VERY FEW) matchups, particularly when your opponent has never even SEEN someone playing a Charizard before - though I think Palutena is taking over my time priority-wise. She's just a better character in general, and I love how effortlessly graceful she is while being a complete b*tch.

I'd like to see how I handle Mewtwo in this game. He had so much potential as a character in Melee that was never truly realized, and if he suits my playstyle in Sm4sh, I'd love to add him as a secondary (or even replace one of my mains if he's enjoyable enough).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What characters do I hate fighting? Well, it's not Diddy Kong. It's not Pikachu. It's not Sheik.

It's Game&Watch.
I hate the way he moves. That rugged way of moving just completely throws me off.

I also kind of don't like Rosalina. She's far too difficult to approach.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
It's Game&Watch.
I hate the way he moves. That rugged way of moving just completely throws me off.

anyway, the character i just cant play at all is Olimar and just Olimar, his nerf in 4 is so bad, for me he is unplayable.

but i do like his ability to throw Pikmin at the smash ball and the Pikmin will attatch to it.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I hate fighting a friend who mains G&W. All he does is roll. I keep telling him he has to git gud but he's convinced that it's a good strategy as it worked on For Glory. Dsmash is a thing
dodging into down smash isn't too bad of a strategy especially because there is little ending lag, but should not be oversued.

my point of advice is to keep opponents off the ground and around the edge.

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
Hey guys, I think I just found the worst thing involving Pokemon ever.
Enjoy. :seuss:

Last edited:
Top Bottom