• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
True, but i mean, eventually there's going to be a point where Sakurai retires (or dies god forbid) somewhere down the line, and Nintendo is gonna probably continue making Smash every gaming generation due to it being a Cash Cow Franchise, with or without Sakurai. It'll happen eventually, whether he wants it to or not.

Besides, he obviously has other things he wants to work on, i mean he totally didn't hint at Kid Icarus Uprising 2 in the Dark Pit Conversation of Palutena's Guidance for no reason. : 3
Even the game itself admits that there are unresolved plot points: namely, Viridi still hates humans.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Whale you tell us more?

........I'm sorry
No, I whale not. That pun was bad and you will sea your way out of here. I can't be-reef you would do something like that... that pun was so bad it froze me all over.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Eh, my childhood's already ****ed up a bit, so why not ruin more childhoods?
Go ahead then. It's actually a really well-put together documentary about how they're basically abusing the orca's at Seaworld and how the PR team keeps trying to cover up various attacks on the trainers by the orcas. It's pretty damn sad

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
Go ahead then. It's actually a really well-put together documentary about how they're basically abusing the orca's at Seaworld and how the PR team keeps trying to cover up various attacks on the trainers by the orcas. It's pretty damn sad
Damn... That's heart wrenching. Them orcas are freakin' cute at Seaworld. :urg:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, when you're dealing with massive 6-ton predators, of course there's going to be an accident every now and then.

Not that I'm an expert on the topic, though.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Seems as though trying to learn 5 other characters and trying to figure out which to main has affected my Lucina play...incredibly disheartening...think I may postpone my "who will take 4th main" thing for a bit to get back on track with Lucina (and eventually Mewtwo as well). Course, this could be because I don't really use FG or have a chance to train with people online that much.
Oddly enough though, my MK play hasn't been affected.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Seems as though trying to learn 5 other characters and trying to figure out which to main has affected my Lucina play...incredibly disheartening...think I may postpone my "who will take 4th main" thing for a bit to get back on track with Lucina (and eventually Mewtwo as well). Course, this could be because I don't really use FG or have a chance to train with people online that much.
Oddly enough though, my MK play hasn't been affected.
In my opinion, I think 4 or 5 mains is too much. I'm planning on making Doc my pocket character when Mewtwo is released. I suggest get 3 of your five characters definitive mains, and make the other 2 pocket characters.

I had the same issue earlier, I tried to main as many characters as I could and then I realized I'm just mediocre with 5-7 characters when I could be good with 3 characters and have 2 backup/for fun/pocket/certain MU's characters.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
In my opinion, I think 4 or 5 mains is too much. I'm planning on making Doc my pocket character when Mewtwo is released. I suggest get 3 of your five characters definitive mains, and make the other 2 pocket characters.

I had the same issue earlier, I tried to main as many characters as I could and then I realized I'm just mediocre with 5-7 characters when I could be good with 3 characters and have 2 backup/for fun/pocket/certain MU's characters.
Well 4 would work best for me, as I've done so rather well in the past. Plus, with my tag being RWBY (In reference to the web series as well as a way to honor Monty Oum) having a team of 4 just makes sense. It's just narrowing it down to the 4th. Plus Yoshiller is a good example of having 4 mains and being great with all of them.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

i have 6 mains, so i have many options

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Well 4 would work best for me, as I've done so rather well in the past. Plus, with my tag being RWBY (In reference to the web series as well as a way to honor Monty Oum) having a team of 4 just makes sense. It's just narrowing it down to the 4th. Plus Yoshiller is a good example of having 4 mains and being great with all of them.
I love that series. I was heartbroken when I heard about Monty :(

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789

That's honestly how it should be if you're trying to be competitive. Fox is my definitive main while I have Luigi to deal with any of his annoying MU's.
I'm gonna try and use Mewtwo as a secondary because instinct tells me that Fox would handle any of his bad MU's.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
That's honestly how it should be if you're trying to be competitive. Fox is my definitive main while I have Luigi to deal with any of his annoying MU's.
I'm gonna try and use Mewtwo as a secondary because instinct tells me that Fox would handle any of his bad MU's.
Perhaps, I feel that perhaps 5+ is a bit much for competitive (unless they can handle it, which isn't often), but I do feel I can handle 4 extremely well...I just have trouble narrowing down the 5 other possible characters FOR the 4th spot.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I used to main several characters too, until I realized I would never get good if I kept on rotating. I vowed that when Mewtwo came out he would be my one and only main. My old characters would be my secondaries I suppose. I pretty much agree with what @ BugCatcherWill BugCatcherWill said.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'll be sticking with Monado Boy, Kirito-Kun Robin and Lucina whilst giving Mewtwo a good go before making a solid decision.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I used to main several characters too, until I realized I would never get good if I kept on rotating. I then vowed that when Mewtwo came out he would be my one and only main. My old characters would be my secondaries I suppose.
Why I plan on lowering down to 4 mains only, a small group that I can keep evened out. I just need to stop being an indecisive idiot and make a choice already (been stuck on this question since the Wii U version came out). :p

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
Perhaps, I feel that perhaps 5+ is a bit much for competitive (unless they can handle it, which isn't often), but I do feel I can handle 4 extremely well...I just have trouble narrowing down the 5 other possible characters FOR the 4th spot.
should've probably been more specific, but I agree that 5 is way too much. A person should definitely have a main and a secondary (to cover the weaknesses of the main) and can have as many pocket characters that they want (it wouldn't be accurate to call those characters mains though).

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I'll be sticking with Monado Boy, Kirito-Kun Robin and Lucina whilst giving Mewtwo a good go before making a solid decision.
On the topic of Kirito-kun, a dual wielding sword character in Smash would be so cool. I dunno who would fit but I kinda want a dual wielding sword character now. I always found dual wielders awesome. Maybe that guy from Tales of Symphonia would fit?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
On the topic of Kirito-kun, a dual wielding sword character in Smash would be so cool. I dunno who would fit but I kinda want a dual wielding sword character now. I always found dual wielders awesome. Maybe that guy from Tales of Symphonia would fit?
Lloyd.
Problem is we already have a Namco character unless Smash 5 decides to expand :4dk: on the third parties.
Otherwise Toon Ganondorf or Seven (Xenoblade) would fit the bill.

Top Bottom