• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
@ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix
Nice!!!

I got a list of "easy" checks that should take you no longer than 10 minutes to test and inform us.

I also have some "'medium" checks that might take like 30-45 minutes at most.

All other checks I'll do them myself once I get Mewtwo.

I'd be very grateful if you could help me out with those.

@ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
Rosalina is good against villager it seems, Greninja is good against Diddy, and idk about Olimar...Robin?
What does Greninja have to counteract Diddy? Nothing but the finest of DI can stop the Hoo Hah.
And I feel like a sword user would be decent against Olimar seeing as a good chunk of them have counters and can out space him.

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
What does Greninja have to counteract Diddy? Nothing but the finest of DI can stop the Hoo Hah.
And I feel like a sword user would be decent against Olimar seeing as a good chunk of them have counters and can out space him.
Who's good (or a good matchup) against Jiggs?

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
Who's good (or a good matchup) against Jiggs?
Jiggs is annoying.
If Mega Man doesn't commit to anything or act recklessly then he'd do well otherwise one missed punish and he's getting slept on.
Diddy kills Jiggs EXTREMELY early but that's to be expected.
Bowser is 50/50 tbh. Same case as mega man.
If the player recovers very smartly and can avoid getting launched off stage then Fox and the Mario bros do well.
Ness too.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
So, I sent Nintendo an email, and here is the response:

Thanks for contacting us. I appreciate your excitement and enthusiasm for the release of the Mewtwo DLC for Super Smash Bros.

In regard to your email, on April 15, 2015, we will begin emailing the codes for the Mewtwo DLC. One email will have the code for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and one will have the code for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Currently, there are no plans to allow for code redemption through Club Nintendo. Unfortunately I don't have any additional information to provide, but I assure you that Mewtwo will be sent out, so keep an eye on your email!

Thank you for being a member of the club!

Sincerely,

Nintendo Of America Inc.

Helpful, huh?
:ohwell:

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846

Thanks for contacting us. I appreciate your excitement and enthusiasm for the release of the Mewtwo DLC for Super Smash Bros.

In regard to your email, on April 15, 2015, we will begin emailing the codes for the Mewtwo DLC. One email will have the code for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and one will have the code for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Currently, there are no plans to allow for code redemption through Club Nintendo. Unfortunately I don't have any additional information to provide, but I assure you that Mewtwo will be sent out, so keep an eye on your email!

Sincerely,

Nintendo Of America Inc.

Helpful, huh?
Whoah, this changes everything!

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

Sincerely,

Nintendo Of America Inc.

Helpful, huh?
well then, clearly they know they will **** up the emailing system.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Idk if it's just me, but depending on the stage, whenever I'm close to closing out stocks against Villager, I somehow end up offstage and then get Bowling Ball'd.
I'm wondering, what would you say Lucina, MK, and Mewtwo all add to the table for me?

Last edited:

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425

Sincerely,

Nintendo Of America Inc.

Helpful, huh?
Well, at least we know something now.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Idk if it's just me, but depending on the stage, whenever I'm close to closing out stocks against Villager, I somehow end up offstage and then get Bowling Ball'd.
Yeah, characters with vertical recovery struggle with that. Good thing Mewtwo won't!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I main Dr. Mario pretty hardcore. No pocket characters, no secondaries, no nothing. I know that it's probably not a very good habit, but I can't really help it. It's just kinda how I roll. I play the game, toy around with a few characters, and when I find the one that just clicks, I stick with him. It's happened with all three previous games, and this time wasn't any different. Initially, I tried out Iggy, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Ness, and I thought they were all really cool, especially Iggy. However, as much as I liked him, he just wouldn't click. I liked playing as him and all, but there wasn't the same connection that I had with my previous mains. Then, at some point, I tried out Dr. Mario, who I already partially gravitated toward because I like his games, and something in my head just fell into place. I already like Doc as a character, and I was a fan of his games, and since his playstyle just seemed to work with me, I dropped everybody else and focused all of my efforts on him, just like what I did previously with Fox and Mewtwo. Now, I main Dr. Mario so much that I rarely deviate from him, only doing so in extremely laid back matches, and even then only after several matches have been played. I know that it's bad, but I can't really help it, and I feel like I'm pretty good with him.

Once Mewtwo is released, however, Dr. Mario will take a backseat to Mewtwo, and he'll become my secondary, while Mewtwo will be my new main. Because of how much I like Mewtwo an Dr. Mario, this'll be the first Smash game where I can really say that I have a secondary. I'll probably play as Mewtwo for the vast majority of my matches, but I'll switch to Doc fairly frequently in laid back matches, when I'm playing against a particularly tough character, or just when I bored of playing as Mewtwo. As for pocket characters, I still have none. Once Dr. Mario becomes my secondary, the extra variety might cause me to loosen slightly and play as a few other characters in really laid back matches, but I don't expect any pocket characters to come along. Just Mewtwo as my main and Doc as my secondary.

I hate fighting against any fast, combo-oriented, rush down characters, namely Sonic, Sheik, Fox, and Captain Falcon. As a Dr. Mario main, I really struggle against them. I mean, sometimes I can pull through and beat them, but it's the equivalent of going to Hell and back. Other than those, though, I can normally handle myself pretty well. Hopefully, Mewtwo will help alleviate some of those issues, what with Confusion and Disable and such. If the two cover each other's weaknesses well, that would be awesome, as well as more than a little appropriate, considering they're both returning Melee vets!

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
To be honest I don't think they really cover each others weaknesses well...
I'm gonna agree with DrRiceBoy.
Pikachu and Diddy beat both characters pretty badly on stage if they know what they're doing. Meta Knight benefits from having one of the best dash grabs in the game. For both those characters, you're going to probably get most of your damage offstage.
Meta Knight's real weakness is deprivation of reliably killing and being light. You want to avoid unnecessary trades in the air so be wary of the Mario bros, Ness, and Yoshi.
Both characters dislike projectile users.
A lot of MUs for these two require them to be patient and capitalize when they can and for me to go through the specifics for each one would take a good while. If there's any specifics you need then just let me know.
Mewtwo helps with the projectiles though but overall they all get beaten by the top tiers.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I main Dr. Mario pretty hardcore. No pocket characters, no secondaries, no nothing. I know that it's probably not a very good habit, but I can't really help it. It's just kinda how I roll. I play the game, toy around with a few characters, and when I find the one that just clicks, I stick with him. It's happened with all three previous games, and this time wasn't any different. Initially, I tried out Iggy, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Ness, and I thought they were all really cool, especially Iggy. However, as much as I liked him, he just wouldn't click. I liked playing as him and all, but there wasn't the same connection that I had with my previous mains. Then, at some point, I tried out Dr. Mario, who I already partially gravitated toward because I like his games, and something in my head just fell into place. I already like Doc as a character, and I was a fan of his games, and since his playstyle just seemed to work with me, I dropped everybody else and focused all of my efforts on him, just like what I did previously with Fox and Mewtwo. Now, I main Dr. Mario so much that I rarely deviate from him, only doing so in extremely laid back matches, and even then only after several matches have been played. I know that it's bad, but I can't really help it, and I feel like I'm pretty good with him.

Once Mewtwo is released, however, Dr. Mario will take a backseat to Mewtwo, and he'll become my secondary, while Mewtwo will be my new main. Because of how much I like Mewtwo an Dr. Mario, this'll be the first Smash game where I can really say that I have a secondary. I'll probably play as Mewtwo for the vast majority of my matches, but I'll switch to Doc fairly frequently in laid back matches, when I'm playing against a particularly tough character, or just when I bored of playing as Mewtwo. As for pocket characters, I still have none. Once Dr. Mario becomes my secondary, the extra variety might cause me to loosen slightly and play as a few other characters in really laid back matches, but I don't expect any pocket characters to come along. Just Mewtwo as my main and Doc as my secondary.

I hate fighting against any fast, combo-oriented, rush down characters, namely Sonic, Sheik, Fox, and Captain Falcon. As a Dr. Mario main, I really struggle against them. I mean, sometimes I can pull through and beat them, but it's the equivalent of going to Hell and back. Other than those, though, I can normally handle myself pretty well. Hopefully, Mewtwo will help alleviate some of those issues, what with Confusion and Disable and such. If the two cover each other's weaknesses well, that would be awesome, as well as more than a little appropriate, considering they're both returning Melee vets!
Having a single main is always better than having multiple ones. It makes you a better player overall.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Pikachu and Diddy beat both characters pretty badly on stage if they know what they're doing. Meta Knight benefits from having one of the best dash grabs in the game. For both those characters, you're going to probably get most of your damage offstage.
Meta Knight's real weakness is deprivation of reliably killing and being light. You want to avoid unnecessary trades in the air so be wary of the Mario bros, Ness, and Yoshi.
A lot of MUs for these two require them to be patient and capitalize when they can and for me to go through the specifics for each one would take a good while. If there's any specifics you need then just let me know.
Mewtwo helps with the projectiles though but overall they all get beaten by the top tiers.
Stole the words from my mouth! I couldn't word it properly but this is what I wanted to say. Basically, all three of those characters IMO seem like they would do badly against most of the top tiers and rush down characters.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
As an MK main, I know he has pretty good kill moves. Even so though, I don't see what TBD character would assist the 3 with...
Having a single main is always better than having multiple ones. It makes you a better player overall.
In your opinion.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
As an MK main, I know he has pretty good kill moves. Even so though, I don't see what TBD character would assist the 3 with...

In your opinion.
As someone who's 10th most used character is MK, all of MK's moves seem pretty risky. Most of the time I just try to go for edgeguards and gimps, which are MK's forte. Up-b is a good kill move, but missing is bad. Most reliable kill option is probably d-throw to up-b as it combos most of the time, but with correct DI from opponent they can escape. Down-b is a good kill move, but it can be punished quite easily because endlag. F-smash has startup lag, u-smash has end-lag and bad hitboxes, and d-smash has endlag. MK has a lot of killmoves but they're just all pretty risky...

Last edited:

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
As an MK main, I know he has pretty good kill moves.
I mean every character has good kill moves, it's just a matter of how easy it is our how reliably you can get them to land.
And if you feel like losing your soul then Diddy is a quick fix.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I'll have to agree with @ Pacack Pacack here. Focusing your time on one or two characters is better than having several mains at once. More time spent on the characters so they're more refined.

Top Bottom