• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
I pretty much agree with the all powerful U-Throw when it comes to the miis and "clone characters". Sakurai already said that clones are done last when the actual roster was complete so even if they weren't in, we'd have the same characters.
I don't main any clone characters but I still use them from time to time. Like someone else said, you aren't required to use them and it's not like they took the place of any other potential character so I don't understand why some people have a personal vendetta against them.
I will state that I do understand why their inclusion may upset (the somewhat flawed view that they offer nothing new towards the cast), but imo they further diversify the cast and appeal to certain people that like the original character but doesn't have a trait/ability they're interested in that the clone has.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
One cannot dehumanize a clone, but one can declone a human :4lucina:
#MakeLucinaUnique2k15Edition

"We may not be the originals, but that is why you should fear us"

Also last subjective sentence is subjective.

It takes me an hour to download one 28 Megabyte file.
On a wired connection as well.... yeah :ohwell:

You bet we should be feared

Payback time is in 4 days

And I can't wait to see how much faster mewtwo's @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed is ,love how much faster mewtwo looks in the trailer

And also want to test @ U-Throw U-Throw with mewtwo as well my favorite throw and im really hoping its kill potential is the same as before.

But first before those the guidence on the temple.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Wot a buncha jokahs.jpg

Yes Miis are fun for stuff like this but they shouldn't have had 3 completely different movesets.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
View attachment 46940

Yes Miis are fun for stuff like this but they shouldn't have had 3 completely different movesets.
Why? Taking away that is kind of like taking away their customizability, and since Miis are designed to be customizable, it sort of defeats the purpose, especially in a game where regular characters are customizable.

Last edited:

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
2 DAYS TO GO!!!

I purposely stay up till 12am just for the sake of doing this each night/morning
It's like 10:30 a.m. where I am. The world is a funny place.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Why? Taking away that is kind of like taking away their customizability, and since Miis are designed to be customizable, it's kind of defeating the purpose, especially in a game where regular characters are customizable.
Because then time could've been put towards two actual characters instead of 3 different versions of an avatar that could be any random mug from Obama to Joker to Erron Black. They already have the hats and suits (channelling the inner TF2) plus the one Mii would still have a wide variety of customs to choose from like Palutena which act completely differently.

Other fighters really aren't that customisable when most of their customs are "Boost X, Reduce Y" and vice versa.
I'd prefer more Palutena/Mega Man style customs.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Replace all the Golden Goose related stuff with Mewtwo related stuff.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Because then time could've been put towards two actual characters instead of 3 different versions of an avatar that could be any random mug from Obama to Joker to Erron Black. They already have the hats and suits (channelling the inner TF2) plus the one Mii would still have a wide variety of customs to choose from like Palutena which act completely differently.

Other fighters really aren't that customisable when most of their customs are "Boost X, Reduce Y" and vice versa.
I still feel like limiting them to one type of Fighter is limiting their customization a little too much, especially when Palutena and, to an certain extent, Mega Man have similar features. It's all relative, I guess. If we didn't have Custom moves in Smash 4, then I'd probably be fine with what you're suggesting, but that's not the case. I also guess that another reason would be that we already have the 3 Fighter versions, so now that I've gotten a taste of just how customizable the Miis can be, taking away 2 of those versions seems like losing a lot.
But, all of that said, I see where you're coming from, and I'll respect that. Each to their own.

However, making Palutena-style Customs for every character is completely unreasonable. If they couldn't make 200 moveset variations, then making 150 completely unique movesets is out of the question. There's no way they could handle something like that, at least not at this point in time. I agree that a few of the characters' Customs feel a little brain dead, but, overall, I personally think they're pretty great. That's just me, though.

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
How can you have 2 days to go when I still have 4 days left?
I dunno, my countdown clock says 3 days, 14 hours and 27 minutes left. :upsidedown:
Plus, Australia is a day forward of America. (Apparently it's like, 2:30 in the morning there.)

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
3 days 6 hours 25 minutes.
@ Metros Metros is evidently from the future.
Do they have Hoverboards yet or is Back to the Future a dirty liar?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

i always thought the three mii variants were three seprate characters, they just share one slot (which actually makes it better so you can fit more characters in the CSS)
so your saying you prefer 2 characters over 3

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
i always thought the three mii variants were three seprate characters, they just share one slot (which actually makes it better so you can fit more characters in the CSS)
so your saying you prefer 2 characters over 3
No. I'm saying I prefer having 2 new characters alongside a single Mii Fighter variant over 3 Mii fighter variants.
In fact I don't think you read the comment properly.

Last edited:

mobilisq

Smash Ace
They should have just made the release at a specified UTC time and nobody would be confused

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
To be fair, EarthBound has a huge following, and, for many people, that was their first chance to play this legendary game. An insane amount of people probably tried to buy it, especially since it's only 250 coins. Nintendo probably just wasn't prepared for the massive customer storm headed their way.

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
In other non-Nintendo or Mewtwo news, my girlfriend just told me she wants me to become a hobo for the obligatory can of beans.

Me:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
In other non-Nintendo or Mewtwo news, my girlfriend just told me she wants me to become a hobo for the obligatory can of beans.

Me:
She's not exactly the brightest crayon in the box, is she?

You should do it for the obligatory bag-on-a-stick. I mean, obviously.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
To be fair, EarthBound has a huge following, and, for many people, that was their first chance to play this legendary game. An insane amount of people probably tried to buy it, especially since it's only 250 coins. Nintendo probably just wasn't prepared for the massive customer storm headed their way.
Yeah, I managed to get Earthbound before they ran out of the codes. Haven't had the chance to play it yet, though...

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
She's not exactly the brightest crayon in the box, is she?

You should do it for the obligatory bag-on-a-stick. I mean, obviously.
I don't know man, ripped trench coats are practically the equivalent of leather jackets in the 80s

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hey, guys! You know how that Microsoft employee was Tweeting stuff about Banjo & Kazooie in Smash? Well...
image.jpg
ArtsyOmni made Smashified artwork of them! Pretty cool, huh?

Top Bottom