• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
so im curious, what is the very first thing your going to do with Mewtwo as soon as hes downloaded? me personally, am going to jump in a 2V1 match of LucarioXGreninja V Mewtwo and own the both of them lol then training mode for a lil bit
Test out his u-throw. It always has and always will be my favorite Mewtwo move (tied with Shadow Ball, but Shadow Ball being able to kill doesn't matter as much) so that's the first thing I'll test out. Mewtwo's forte in Melee IMO were definitely his throws, and I think that's what makes Mewtwo a character. Mewtwo's throws define him as a character gameplay-wise, and u-throw is his best and my favorite one, so it being good is important to me. Hopefully it can still kill...

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
so im curious, what is the very first thing your going to do with Mewtwo as soon as hes downloaded? me personally, am going to jump in a 2V1 match of LucarioXGreninja V Mewtwo and own the both of them lol then training mode for a lil bit
1. Stare at the character select screen in glee
2. See which voice he has (and put an end to the torture)
3. Take a selfie with him to celebrate the occasion.
4. More staring
5. See his final smash in action. Play around with items.
6. Kick some ass.
7. Spend the rest of the night playing him. Go to work, spend the rest of the night playing him, repeat again.
8. When not playing Mewtwo, think about when I can play him again.
._.

I'm actually looking forward to work tomorrow... because, when I finish, I know that the NEXT shift I have will be....

MEWTWO DAY

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
1. Stare at the character select screen in glee
2. See which voice he has.
3. Take a selfie with him to celebrate the occasion.
4. More staring
5. See his final smash in action. Play around with items.
6. Kick some ***.
7. Spend the rest of the night playing him. Go to work, spend the rest of the night playing him, repeat again.
8. When not playing Mewtwo, think about when I can play him again.
._.
I agree with all of this. Except selfies, I'll pretty much do all of this after testing out his u-throw.

Speaking of which, Mewtwo's item holding animation is so freaking cool. He doesn't hold it with his hands and uses some psychic thing! As a kid I always found it awesome as heck. Mewtwo is the only character who doesn't hold it physically if I remember correctly. It's the best.

Last edited:

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
I'm so happy they brought back his ledge animation where he crosses his arms and balances over the edge. That was like my favorite thing about Mewtwo in Melee.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Test out his u-throw. It always has and always will be my favorite Mewtwo move (tied with Shadow Ball, but Shadow Ball being able to kill doesn't matter as much) so that's the first thing I'll test out. Mewtwo's forte in Melee IMO were definitely his throws, and I think that's what makes Mewtwo a character. Mewtwo's throws define him as a character gameplay-wise, and u-throw is his best and my favorite one, so it being good is important to me. Hopefully it can still kill...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Why would you discount Lucina? That makes no sense.
Because as much as I like Lucina she's a really lazy clone that just pads out the roster with nothing unique too her. TLink at least has differences in physics, attacks and speed.

And do I really need to explain one of the worst additions to Smash Bros (Miis)?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I was thinking of using my mum's data from her phone, but I don't know how big the update or the Mewtwo download will be combined, and if it gets anywhere near 1 Gigabyte I'm so screwed ;_;
I know the internet can be crap in some parts of Australia but come on, how bad will it really be for you?

Red-Ruby

Smash Cadet
Edit: If this is against the rules, please no warning then, just tell me so I can delete this post.

This may sound weird, but is anyone willing to give me a €10 eshop code (or 5 if that exists) in exchange for my 3ds mewtwo code? I really want some points to buy some of the dlc outfits but I do not have any money myself I can spend on points..

Last edited:

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
Because as much as I like Lucina she's a really lazy clone that just pads out the roster with nothing unique too her. TLink at least has differences in physics, attacks and speed.

And do I really need to explain one of the worst additions to Smash Bros (Miis)?
Miis are cool.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Because apparently clones aren't real fighters according to some? Which is kinda dehumanizing.

In other news, I hope to the gods that Mewtwo isn't required for completing the All-Star on Hard with everyone challenge, and I hope you don't get to fight him in All-Star either.
One cannot dehumanize a clone, but one can declone a human :4lucina:
#MakeLucinaUnique2k15Edition

"We may not be the originals, but that is why you should fear us"

Also last subjective sentence is subjective.

I know the internet can be crap in some parts of Australia but come on, how bad will it really be for you?
It takes me an hour to download one 28 Megabyte file.
On a wired connection as well.... yeah :ohwell:

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
I'll never understand the hate for Miis. I thought they were a fun edition to the roster (besides, how else can I play as Ned Stark?)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"We may not be the originals, but that is why you should fear us"

Also last subjective sentence is subjective.
Yes I'm aware seeing as I main her.

And I honestly don't care. You can have your Stalins, Hitlers, Gokus etc. The Miis are a terrible addition to the series. I'd have preferred 2 unique newcomers over 3 different types of Mii Fighters.

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
I dont love the Miis but I don't hate them either. I feel like Mii Swordsman and Gunner are rather underwhelming moveset wise. I do appreciate the Miis for the laughs my friends and I all have when we see Lonk and Petch join the battle lol. I don't really take them all serious frankly. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't want the Miis to be in Smash Bros either but whats done is done so I find no use in being bitter about it, thats just not who I am. Besides, its not like they're making me play and like the Mii fighters.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not too fond of the miis but I like how they aren't some tacky sports characters. However, mah bootyful boi brings a point: Stalins and Hitlers. I think it's safe to say that's why they aren't online. I'd have made them the default Miis in the artwork for online purposes personally

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Random hope: I want training mode to be patched so you can adjust just cpu damage or just your own. That'd be nice

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
Random hope: I want training mode to be patched so you can adjust just cpu damage or just your own. That'd be nice
This.

And goodmorning everyone!! Or if it's shady wherever you are, I hope you're at least having a good time :denzel:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm fine with Miis. I personally don't use them much, but I do think that they're a pretty cool addition. Besides, there are people out there who love them, and I'm glad they got them. I don't really understand hating an addition. Yeah, you don't like them, but there are people that do, and it wouldn't be any different if your character of choice got in: You would like them, of course, but somebody out there wouldn't. And, let's be honest here, Miis were going to get in eventually. We either eat it now or eat it later. I personally am happy with their addition.

As for clones, I'm a Dr. Mario main, and I absolutely love him. Hating on clones is illogical and pointless. They're just gifts for their fans, and they help pad out the roster. They take up no development time, so no-one's slot is stolen, so why even be mad? They're there for their fans, and that's it. If they weren't in the game, then nobody would take their places, so they're purely a bonus. Like somebody on this thread once said, hating clones is like being offered desert after a meal, and then throwing it in the server's face because it's "unnecessary" or "not the way you want it". Just why even?

Last edited:
Top Bottom