• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
You know, I'm just thinking out loud here, but I think that Confusion might be an extremely good combo starter. Judging by where it leaves opponents after flipping them around, it might actually combo into his aerials or Smashes. And the best part is that, since Confusion doesn't cause knockback, it can combo into the same moves at any percentage. Think about all of the things you can do with that kind of set predictability! Hopefully, some good KO moves will link into Confusion, such as his @ U-Throw U-Throw .

Also, @NonSpecificGuy - Did I credit you right in my signature?

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
You know, I'm just thinking out loud here, but I think that Confusion might be an extremely good combo starter. Judging by where it leaves opponents after flipping them around, it might actually combo into his aerials or Smashes. And the best part is that, since Confusion doesn't cause knockback, it can combo into the same moves at any percentage. Think about all of the things you can do with that kind of set predictability! Hopefully, some good KO moves will link into Confusion, such as his @ U-Throw U-Throw .

Also, @NonSpecificGuy - Did I credit you right in my signature?
I have a feeling that confusion would keep the enemy slightly out of Mewtwo's attack range, I fear he would need a beam sword to hit them out of it.

I hope I'm wrong, and f-tilt can be angled and reach a confused enemy.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I have a feeling that confusion would keep the enemy slightly out of Mewtwo's attack range, I fear he would need a beam sword to hit them out of it.

I hope I'm wrong, and f-tilt can be angled and reach a confused enemy.
I just rewatched Mewtwo's trailer to make sure, and when he uses Confusion in midair on Charizard, it definitely looks like it would combo into his F-Air. And if Shadow Claw's power is anywhere near Melee's, I think that should serve as a sufficient follow-up. When he uses it on Greninja, it does look like Confusion drops Greninja a little far away, but I'm almost certain that his F-Tilt could be angled to hit him, like you said. We also haven't clearly seen Mewtwo's F-Smash's range yet, so that might be a potential follow-up, as well, assuming it can be angled this time around.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Something else that excites as much as Lucas's and Mewtwo's return is the balance patch. Goodbye to Diddy's Hoo Hah!
Seriously though, I doubt that they're going to leave that untouched, Sakurai and co. must have already noticed how unfair it is.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Confusion definitely looks like a combo starter. Given how it somehow hit Charizard out of Fly, it's priority will be interesting.

If it looks as rewarding as it does, Mewtwo's neutral game will be very good (hitting Diddy out of his Monkey Flip?), and Disable may only increase it further.

Am guessing that characters who can space well will be Mewtwo's biggest headache. Mega Man I can see being a problem.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Good Morning fellow Mewtwonians! I have returned well rested to bring forth the word of Mewtwo.
Morning!
Something else that excites as much as Lucas's and Mewtwo's return is the balance patch. Goodbye to Diddy's Hoo Hah!
Seriously though, I doubt that they're going to leave that untouched, Sakurai and co. must have already noticed how unfair it is.
Yeah, they'll probably make it stale faster.
I just hope ththey dont nerf Sonic too hard. :c
Maybe they'll give his bthrow less knockback? That wouldnt be too bad.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Actually, I'd prefer it if you referred to me as a "scrub", kind gentlemen.

I'd like to see improvements to Marth/Lucina in the character balancing. Namely some slight reduces on lag on a few moves.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
But now im concluding something.

Thank you sakurai for buffing mewtwo as much as sonic got from brawl. (its a lock if the knock back and strength is bigger)

But we got that hint from up-smash in the trailer

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Twelve days is nothing.

DId I ever tell any of you how I waited three years for a game called SSB4?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I've been waiting for a sequel to Sonic Heroes for 10 years, waiting for a good evolution for Sableye(moot because Mega) and for Ridley to speak for once in Metroid
The sequel to Sonic Heroes would technically be Shadow the Edgehog but I get what you mean.

I loved the Spyro/Crash crossover game as well.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I just had a thought: with the new ledge mechanics, and Mewtwo being able to sweet-spot the ledge with Teleport. His D-smash would be absolutely perfect for being an ultimate badass to a clinging opponent.

"Oh, I see you grabbed the edge twice"
*points finger, death ensues*
"Not even worth the trouble..."

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just had a thought: with the new ledge mechanics, and Mewtwo being able to sweet-spot the ledge with Teleport. His D-smash would be absolutely perfect for being an ultimate badass to a clinging opponent.

...Awesome But Impractical doesn't apply anymore...

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

Except it's still his thumb...

Im waiting til marriage
Stay strong, brother. You can do it, and it will be well worth it!

Last edited:

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Except it's still his thumb...

Stay strong, brother. You can do it, and it will be well worth it!
Im not really serious. xD
but kinda am
(I dont have a significant other to actually wait for)

Just said that because everyone was saying what they were waiting for.

In reality, im waiting for Mewtwo.
He's all I need :^)

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Im not really serious. xD
but kinda am
(I dont have a significant other to actually wait for)

Just said that because everyone was saying what they were waiting for.

In reality, im waiting for Mewtwo.
He's all I need :^)
Mewtwo is love. Mewtwo is life.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yahtzee was originally going to write it, but apparently wasn't hired because they wanted a serious story...
>Duke Nukem
>Serious

Also literally flinging **** about in the first level is totally serious.

Last edited:

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I'm waiting for Godot. I think he stepped out to get some coffee.
I waited almost 20 years for a new Duke Nukem game, and -then- it was a massive disappointment. :E
Mewtwo will be better. Almost has to be. He's got balls of steel shadow.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
There's a few Gifs for everyone to use. Again, if you have a particular one you want "gif'd" just let me know.

Can you make the 1st Mewtwo gif smaller (the size of it would screw up my current sigs I have up, I want it to be the height of my Violet gif, but the exact size of my Smallville gif).

Last edited:
Top Bottom