• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Confusion definitely looks like a combo starter. Given how it somehow hit Charizard out of Fly, it's priority will be interesting.

If it looks as rewarding as it does, Mewtwo's neutral game will be very good (hitting Diddy out of his Monkey Flip?), and Disable may only increase it further.

Am guessing that characters who can space well will be Mewtwo's biggest headache. Mega Man I can see being a problem.
What I wanted to know was.. did Charizard go into free fall after it got hit by Confusion during mid-recovery? Because if that's the case, it may as well work like a meteor smash.. and we'd be able to chase opponents off the stage.. so maybe not? Sounds OP.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
What I wanted to know was.. did Charizard go into free fall after it got hit by Confusion during mid-recovery? Because if that's the case, it may as well work like a meteor smash.. and we'd be able to chase opponents off the stage.. so maybe not? Sounds OP.
Having used Charizard extensively: no. That is definitely not his special freefall animation. It looks like his tumble animation, as if he got footstool stomped. Depending on how long that lasts it could make a great tool for gimping recoveries. Confusion, the speedy and dunk-tastic new Dair, and our fancy jump and Teleport mobility are making us look like a real force offstage.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Having used Charizard extensively: no. That is definitely not his special freefall animation. It looks like his tumble animation, as if he got footstool stomped. Depending on how long that lasts it could make a great tool for gimping recoveries. Confusion, the speedy and dunk-tastic new Dair, and our fancy jump and Teleport mobility are making us look like a real force offstage.
Greninja truly is better than Mewtwo considering avis, Dark types ftw. I'd also finally have a good character to meteor with

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Greninja truly is better than Mewtwo considering avis, Dark types ftw. I'd also finally have a good character to meteor with
Being a dark type has no effect when Mewtwo can use thunder to one-shot Greninja before he even had a chance to move(130 base speed baby!).
Mewtwo Master Race!

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Yeah it looks like you can cancel out of the throwing animation of confusion on hit. Now if it's still unblockable...

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Except it's still his thumb...

Stay strong, brother. You can do it, and it will be well worth it!
Mewtwo has no thumb. He has index, middle and anular (No thumb or pinky). So that would be his index finger which is how a human would do it too.

At least that's how I've always viewed his 3 fingers since I was little.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Mewtwo has no thumb. He has index, middle and anular. That's his index finger which is how a human would do it too.

At least that's how I've always viewed his 3 fingers since I was little.
He uses his left hand and the best way for me to imitate Mewtwo's hands it to use my thumb and the two fingers next to it.
It would be the thumb if I were doing it.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
He uses his left hand and the best way for me to imitate Mewtwo's hands it to use my thumb and the two fingers next to it.
It would be the thumb if I were doing it.
Well Mewtwo is supposed to represent a feline right? They don't have thumbs :p.

I get what you're saying though but.... Pictures!

This is how I've always viewed Mewtwo's hand (which would make it his index for me).

Attachments

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

This is how I've always viewed Mewtwo's hand (which would make it his index for me).
And you've just reminded me of that advert where cats grow thumbs to get in the guys house for milk.

I've always used the thumb and the two fingers next to it because it's easier to a grabbing motion with the thumb and middle finger than it is the ring and index finger.

Why the grabbing motion?
Just in case he decides to do his equivalent of the Force Choke of course.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
And you've just reminded me of that advert where cats grow thumbs to get in the guys house for milk.

I've always used the thumb and the two fingers next to it because it's easier to a grabbing motion with the thumb and middle finger than it is the ring and index finger.

Why the grabbing motion?
Just in case he decides to do his equivalent of the Force Choke of course.

Force Choke should so be a custom Side-B

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Force Choke should so be a custom Side-B
Mewtwo has to say a line as well otherwise Vader's will still be better (still would be better because of my Star Wars bias and Vader being my favourite character).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Like I said during my first analysis, it may cause an auto Footstool.

Confusion + Short Hop = Profit?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Like I said during my first analysis, it may cause an auto Footstool.

Confusion + Short Hop = Profit?
Or if you're far off the stage, Confusion + short hop + TP = WIN. Assuming you can TP after Confusion..

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm waiting for The Wonderful 101 to get a sequel where the OST is even more perfect.
...Awesome But Impractical doesn't apply anymore...
Just to add this, its also important to note that Mewtwo's U-Smash hits on both sides simultaneously, and with its new and improved range, it essentially serves the role of a regular D-Smash, though it hits up high instead of low and has admittedly shorter range. However, all that said, in addition to the edge-guarding utilities, it also looks much more powerful than your average D-Smash, so its possible that it compensates for its one-sidedness with extra power. I personally think that Mewtwo's D-Smash will just take a little bit of getting used to. Once Mewtwo mains have learned how to effectively utilize it, I don't think anyone will ever complain about his D-Smash again.

And, also, I agree about Mewtwo shaping up to be an offstage beast. Assuming that Confusion is truly an auto-Footstool, Mewtwo will probably be a recovering player's worst fear. He has a quick Meteor Smash, an excellent recovery, useful aerials, and, assuming --- is right, an auto-Footstool with added range.
I have a feeling that Mewtwo is going to be the bane of Mac players.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I'm waiting for The Wonderful 101 to get a sequel where the OST is even more perfect.

Just to add this, its also important to note that Mewtwo's U-Smash hits on both sides simultaneously, and with its new and improved range, it essentially serves the role of a regular D-Smash, though it hits up high instead of low and has admittedly shorter range. However, all that said, in addition to the edge-guarding utilities, it also looks much more powerful than your average D-Smash, so its possible that it compensates for its one-sidedness with extra power. I personally think that Mewtwo's D-Smash will just take a little bit of getting used to. Once Mewtwo mains have learned how to effectively utilize it, I don't think anyone will ever complain about his D-Smash again.

And, also, I agree about Mewtwo shaping up to be an offstage beast. Assuming that Confusion is truly an auto-Footstool, Mewtwo will probably be a recovering player's worst fear. He has a quick Meteor Smash, an excellent recovery, useful aerials, and, assuming --- is right, an auto-Footstool with added range.
I have a feeling that Mewtwo is going to be the bane of Mac players.
I doubt Mewtwo's Up-Smash can serve the role of a Down-Smash. It probably won't be able to hit most of the cast while on the ground. It might hit tall characters like Rosa.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Not to mention, Mewtwo has amazing jumps, and throws that can knock opponents in the air...
Though I wonder if disable will do anything in the air.... That would be pretty amazing if it put people in helpless states while they were recovering....

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Or if you're far off the stage, Confusion + short hop + TP = WIN. Assuming you can TP after Confusion..
Can he Teleport after midair Confusion in Melee? I can't recall. I'm sure they COULD change it but I don't see why they would make that happen. Confusion is a very different case from moves like Monkey Flip.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Can he Teleport after midair Confusion in Melee? I can't recall. I'm sure they COULD change it but I don't see why they would make that happen. Confusion is a very different case from moves like Monkey Flip.
Yes, confusion doesn't put Mewtwo in free fall.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

*internal screaming of joy that Banjo has a chance*

Also stuff could have changed between Melee and SSB4 but we'll have to wait and see for ourselves whether we get OP Mewtwo or not.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Yes, you could Teleport after using Confusion in Melee, and there's even less of a reason to take that ability away in Smash 4. Judging by his trailer, Confusion no longer gives Mewtwo that little midair boost when he uses it, so it no longer helps with recovery. Therefore, taking away the ability use Teleport after using Confusion would be a really weird design choice. I highly doubt that it's going to happen.
Would Disable put him in free fall? Did that happen in Melee?
Nope. In Melee, Disable just stalled Mewtwo's fall for a second, so there wasn't really a reason for it to put him into helpless. We don't know what Disable is going to do in midair this time around, and while I want to say that it will keep its stalling properties, given what happened to Confusion, I can't say for sure.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

I've always felt three-finger-oriented hands would "feel" more like this. First digit is thumb, second is index/middle, and third is ring/pinkie.
At least, that's how I always did it when I pretend used to pretend I was Mewtwo.

Attachments

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I've always felt three-finger-oriented hands would "feel" more like this. First digit is thumb, second is index/middle, and third is ring/pinkie.
At least, that's how I always did it when I pretend used to pretend I was Mewtwo.
This is probably the most correct interpretation. It feels the closest to "natural" out of all the different ways to give yourself three fingers, at least to me. Plus, Mewtwo almost certainly has an opposable thumb, as he wouldn't be able to open doors, play video games, or read books easily without his psychic powers.

However, the real question is: What does it feel like to have a tail as big as Mewtwo's?

Top Bottom