• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Caved to the hype and changed out my Fletchling avatar. Not changing my main icon just yet. As excited as I am for Mewtwo I want to actually get a feel for playing the character first. Reasonably sure I'll end up maining him, though, he has a lot of traits I like in a fighter and looks viable and fun this time around.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Your gif is there only until Mewtwo is released, which isn't too far. Once Mewtwo comes out, my signature will change to all my mains again.

Which gives me the point of not really crediting you.
Though if anyone asks where i got it, I will mention it was made by you.
Uh, OK then. That's fine, I guess.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Wow, I finally get to the computer to see 6 or so more pages and think 'wow! more news this is going to be great!'..... only to find pages of arguing. :(

After the hype day we had yesterday, rejoicing Mewtwo coming back and finally having our painful 6 month wait of not knowing what he looks like, or how he plays come to an end, I'm really sad to see this happen our boards. I understand how people feel about femtwo and that she's different from the original Mewtwo, and I understand WHY people would be upset if they use her voice instead of Mewtwo's. But this is silly we shouldn't resort to arguing after celebrating one of the happiest days in Smash history.

If anybody wants to drop Mewtwo because of his voice that's ultimately their choice. I am not going to be dropping Mewtwo at all, whether male or female.

We should be celebrating, not arguing over something petty or calling each other idiots and immature. :( I didn't read through all of the posts over the past 5 or so pages, but I get the gist of it.

I hope people can put their differences aside. At the end of the day we all love and support the character who's been influential to a lot of us and our childhoods and that's what makes this board so enjoyable to be a part of. :)

And now for something positive... because OH MY GOD THERE'S MORE! <3 <3

Where did you get these pics?

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
i never heard it! what is it.
it's late & i'm tired so I'm not sure if anyone has replied to you yet so i'll do it anyway :>

4(?) songs were found on the disc that haven't been used anywhere else in the game: the Mario Paint Medley, a Wii Shop Channel remix, a Nintendo Land remix, and the original version of the Nintendo Land theme. I dont think it's been officially confirmed but many people think they'll be used on the Miiverse stage (along with songs from the 3DS version that aren't in the Wii U one like the Mii Plaza theme and Tomodachi Life). I'm too lazy to go get links but you can find all this (plus more unused stuff for the Tourney mode) on youtube!

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I can't tell if up-throw would still kill at higher percents. Based on the knockback from bair in the trailer, it seems the opponent was at a pretty low percent. Please for the love of god.... up-throw and b-throw, please still be OP as hell... please... :sadeyes:

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
it's late & i'm tired so I'm not sure if anyone has replied to you yet so i'll do it anyway :>

4(?) songs were found on the disc that haven't been used anywhere else in the game: the Mario Paint Medley, a Wii Shop Channel remix, a Nintendo Land remix, and the original version of the Nintendo Land theme. I dont think it's been officially confirmed but many people think they'll be used on the Miiverse stage (along with songs from the 3DS version that aren't in the Wii U one like the Mii Plaza theme and Tomodachi Life). I'm too lazy to go get links but you can find all this (plus more unused stuff for the Tourney mode) on youtube!
There are 14 songs on the Wii U version not currently in use
some of those songs are from the 3DS version.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Music_(SSB4-Wii_U)
The footnotes on this page will direct anyone to the unused tracks.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Today was fun, I sleep now Mewtwo Social, but tomorrow, we have even more fun!
You must rest and replenish your energy in order to wreck havoc on the fools that dare defy Mewtwo. Goodnight, fellow kinsmen and brother.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Mewduuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

12 more days ;u;
Im still very happy that hes coming.
Cant wait to use him.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
How do you think the emails will work? Will they all automatically be sent at 12AM April 15th, or will they be spaced out throughout the day?

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
How do you think the emails will work? Will they all automatically be sent at 12AM April 15th, or will they be spaced out throughout the day?
Hopefully the former. Please please please pleaseee... Realistically speaking though, I'm not sure what Nintendo would do. A 50/50, really.

Spirst

I think there'll be a time during the noon where they send out the emails en masse. Ideally, it'd be midnight but that's too good to be true.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hopefully the Australian site is correct about the date for Mewtwo. The date for his full/purchase release has its date adjusted for time zones but isn't for his promotional release.
Wouldn't be the first time Australia got a promotional distribution a day before the rest of the world. It happened with the GBA games for the 3DS Ambassador program.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Lurking in this thread on my phone at 3am because I can't sleep.

I think I just fell asleep while typing this; did 12 days pass in that time?

If only Mewtwo opted for confusion instead.
But it didn't. It gave Megaman a bit more time to come to terms with his inevitable destruction by Mewtwo.

Such a kind soul, that Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
And then Link plays the song of time...

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Lurking in this thread on my phone at 3am because I can't sleep.

I think I just fell asleep while typing this; did 12 days pass in that time?
I wish. I have a countdown widget on my phone homescreen.. still 12 days.. I hope they start sending out the codes a week prior.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Two weeks is but a simple test of faith towards our fair lady...

Spirst

Might want to self-induce a coma there for the next 12 days it's barely been 1.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I could possibly reenact that South Park episode where Cartman freezes himself on a mountain to speed up waiting for the Wii release. :D then overshoot it by half a millennium.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

If you don't understand the reference then I weep for you.
And I missed page 117.
Bugger.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Well we waited for longer than this before, but this wait just seems so much more difficult!

But at least the goal is in sight. And on the plus side I'm on break from uni so I can Smash with Mewtwo for as long as I'd like.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wow. I missed a lot while I was asleep.
View attachment 45596

It does look like a sparkle visual cue, yeah.
Huh. Yeah, I guess it does. I must've missed that. I apologize. However, even after rewatching the trailer, it still looks like Disable's range is pretty deceptive. I mean, Mewtwo's eyes flashed green and sparked, but it looks like Disable can hit much farther away than what the sparks imply. I could be wrong on all this, and if I am, then please call me out on it.
Wow! That looks really cool! Something about having both of Mewtwo's hands pulsating with dark energy instead of just one makes him seem way more powerful! I can't wait to see all of this in-game. Now I just wonder if the dark energy, and by extension, items, will disappear along with Mewtwo when he air dodges. It looked so weird and unnatural in Melee, and I really hope they've fixed that up.
Wait is it 5 days as in the 20th of April or 5 days as in the 3rd of May?

If I had to guess I would say:

Shadow Ball
Quick "Piercing" Shadow Ball
Super Jagged Path Shadow Ball

Teleport
Mid Range Exploding Teleport
Double Short Ranged Teleport (You get 2 short distance teleports but you can act out of the first one)

Confusion
Reflector Confusion (doesn't "hurl" opponent but reflecs faster and stronger)
Grab Confusion (grabs the opponent, doesn't reflect)

Disable
Long Range Disable (much lower "hitstun")
No Hitstun Disable (knockbacks opponent instead of putting then in dizzy state. Works indepent of direction)

Let's see how many I get right :p
I love your idea for a Double Teleport! If something like that really does happen, then that's probably the one I'd use, assuming the decreased distance was reasonable. I think something like that could add even more diversity to Mewtwo's recovery, and it would definitely help with his combo game.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So... much... Mewtwo... hype...

This is late as heck, but congradulations my fellow Mewtwo fans...

We've arrived.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I'm actually sort of glad we had to wait....
Back in the Melee days, before the internet, I didn't know that Mewtwo was in the game....
Around 1-2 years after getting Melee, I saw that Mewtwo returned, and I completely flipped out!
So this is kind of reminiscing of that time.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't decide if I'm going to main Mewtwo or use him as a secondary yet....I never played Melee, so only time will tell at this point, I suppose.
But either way, I am definitely going to practice him. I've waited this long for him; I can't turn back on my word now.

Top Bottom