• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Would have been hilarious to release Mewtwo on the 8th of April, the same day Sakurai duped us all with the Greninja reveal.

Last edited:

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I'll definitely contribute regarding custom moves as much as I can. If we have to unlock them all at random it could prove to be a bit of a struggle with the deadline, but I think we've got it on lock in terms of accurately judging set viability.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Wow, I finally get to the computer to see 6 or so more pages and think 'wow! more news this is going to be great!'..... only to find pages of arguing. :(

After the hype day we had yesterday, rejoicing Mewtwo coming back and finally having our painful 6 month wait of not knowing what he looks like, or how he plays come to an end, I'm really sad to see this happen our boards. I understand how people feel about femtwo and that she's different from the original Mewtwo, and I understand WHY people would be upset if they use her voice instead of Mewtwo's. But this is silly we shouldn't resort to arguing after celebrating one of the happiest days in Smash history.

If anybody wants to drop Mewtwo because of his voice that's ultimately their choice. I am not going to be dropping Mewtwo at all, whether male or female.

We should be celebrating, not arguing over something petty or calling each other idiots and immature. :( I didn't read through all of the posts over the past 5 or so pages, but I get the gist of it.

I hope people can put their differences aside. At the end of the day we all love and support the character who's been influential to a lot of us and our childhoods and that's what makes this board so enjoyable to be a part of. :)

And now for something positive... because OH MY GOD THERE'S MORE! <3 <3

Ummmmmm....

Could Forward Tilt always be angled?? I can't remember

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Er, could someone remind of the gifs they wanted made? I finally got home and kinda forgot. >.<

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think that they'll just subtly remove Mewtwo's old trophy from the game? Its a pretty similar pose and everything.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Do you guys think that they'll just subtly remove Mewtwo's old trophy from the game? Its a pretty similar pose and everything.
Maybe they'll keep it, maybe they will remake it.

I personally hope we atleast get some new trophies for Mewtwo.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Am I the only one here who's actually glad they kept his Melee moveset? I love his Melee moveset even if it isn't exactly true to the anime or games. Something about a legendary super duper strong psychic creature with OP psychic moves limiting himself, using weak psychic moves, and physical moves sounds really badass to me. It's like Ganondorf. It's disrespectful and I love it. Fits Mewtwo's badass personality a lot. I actually quite like Confusion and Disable too, as worthless as they were. There's also something about Mewtwo's tail I really like too... I've always liked creatures that uses their tails in battle a lot (reptiles, monkeys, etc).

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Am I the only one here who's actually glad they kept his Melee moveset? I love his Melee moveset even if it isn't exactly true to the anime or games. Something about a legendary super duper strong psychic creature with OP psychic moves limiting himself, using weak psychic moves, and physical moves sounds really badass to me. It's like Ganondorf. It's disrespectful and I love it. Fits Mewtwo's badass personality a lot. I actually quite like Confusion and Disable too, as worthless as they were. There's also something about Mewtwo's tail I really like too... I've always liked creatures that uses their tails in battle a lot (reptiles, monkeys, etc).
Melee Mewtwo's moveset was perfect...it just wasn't pulled off perfectly by the dev team...

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I wouldn't say I'm "glad" or "displeased" so much as merely puzzled that there seems to be no change whatsoever.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I loved his Melee moveset as well. I'm glad it appears better implemented this time around.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There's a few Gifs for everyone to use. Again, if you have a particular one you want "gif'd" just let me know.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Melee Mewtwo's moveset was perfect...it just wasn't pulled off perfectly by the dev team...
I wouldn't say "perfect", but yes I agree that Melee Mewtwo's moveset was frikkin' awesome. Are you talking about the balance portion of his moveset in the second part of your sentence? If I'm incorrect, please correct me, but I'd have to agree. Mewtwo was super, SUPER, fun in Melee and he's my main but I can't deny that he was balanced poorly. He might or might not suck in this game as well (I predict mid or mid-low based on what we've seen in the trailer), but I'm still gonna main him.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Since there are two Cucco trophies on the 3DS with no name difference, I'm guessing they'll just keep the old Mewtwo and Lucas trophies in addition to the playable ones.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Funny story: Doc and Mewtwo were both my mains in Melee. Which meant I came into Brawl practically heartbroken.

Oh, how things have changed...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Wow, I finally get to the computer to see 6 or so more pages and think 'wow! more news this is going to be great!'..... only to find pages of arguing. :(

After the hype day we had yesterday, rejoicing Mewtwo coming back and finally having our painful 6 month wait of not knowing what he looks like, or how he plays come to an end, I'm really sad to see this happen our boards. I understand how people feel about femtwo and that she's different from the original Mewtwo, and I understand WHY people would be upset if they use her voice instead of Mewtwo's. But this is silly we shouldn't resort to arguing after celebrating one of the happiest days in Smash history.

If anybody wants to drop Mewtwo because of his voice that's ultimately their choice. I am not going to be dropping Mewtwo at all, whether male or female.

We should be celebrating, not arguing over something petty or calling each other idiots and immature. :( I didn't read through all of the posts over the past 5 or so pages, but I get the gist of it.

I hope people can put their differences aside. At the end of the day we all love and support the character who's been influential to a lot of us and our childhoods and that's what makes this board so enjoyable to be a part of. :)

And now for something positive... because OH MY GOD THERE'S MORE! <3 <3

Hmm...it seems as if both his hands glow now when fully charged...instead of one.
Interesting touch.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I can't play Smash 4 without thinking of Mewtwo. Distracts me quite a lot and makes me sad that he's not in the game yet. Gonna take a break until the 15th~ Come faster already :<

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I can't play Smash 4 without thinking of Mewtwo. Distracts me quite a lot and makes me sad that he's not in the game yet. Gonna take a break until the 15th~ Come faster already :<
I feel that way as well. Right now I have no motivation or desire to play it. But as soon as Mewtwo is downloaded I'll be playing it non-stop.

Him being back was what really saved the game for me. Honestly, if he wasn't, I would never have bought a Wii-U or probably never got into the game. It's perfect in every way now that he's back.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey, guys, if you use one of my gifs would you guys mind giving me a little credit.

I don't need much just a little NSG in your sigs would give me peace.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I must never have looked that closely at your sig, because I didn't see the GL logo. To which I say, ♥
View attachment 45613 View attachment 45614
Yeah, I'll be expecting some of you to Mewtwo ditto with me online on 3DS; I don't play much on 3DS but I'll be going to A-Kon this year, cosplaying as Simon the Digger himself, and I'm willing to bet lots of other people will bring theirs, so I'd like to get some practice in while simultaneously learning the MU.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
NonSpecificGuy. :3
Your gif is there only until Mewtwo is released, which isn't too far. Once Mewtwo comes out, my signature will change to all my mains again.

Which gives me the point of not really crediting you.
Though if anyone asks where i got it, I will mention it was made by you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom