• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
If we get geno and crono as miis then this list was like ""'almost"" 99% accurate in a way... we would almost have gotten everything from it, wow
This list definitely feels like it has credibility but how come the list does not have every single Mii costume that has come with Hero or potentially Sephiroth. I would have expected there to be Chocobo hat or Veronica listed as well given how it is.

As a Geno fan, I can only hope for that he is not included as a Mii this wave, but maybe the talks of "Don't take Geno seriously" and "Sora is the only one not legit" actually have some value to them.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This list definitely feels like it has credibility but how come the list does not have every single Mii costume that has come with Hero or potentially Sephiroth. I would have expected there to be Chocobo hat or Veronica listed as well given how it is.
I don't remember ever getting a leak saying all of the contents of any dlc to begin with, or all of the miis of a certain pack. So I dunno why should we expect a leak to do it in the first place.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don't remember ever getting a leak saying all of the contents of any dlc to begin with, or all of the miis of a certain pack. So I dunno why should we expect a leak to do it in the first place.
There is another list that predicted all of Banjo's Mii Costumes (minus Sans) but also included Mallow and Smithy.

Edit: List added

1607799298834.png

In theory, if Geno's mii costume does not return along side Sephiroth's Mii Costume Wave, would that jump up in terms of credibility? This isn't the first source to claim Mallow or Smithy are costumes.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think the talk was around the list of the thread, the characters we voted for.
In any case I don't think we'll see anything from kingdom hearts.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Im really curious about Geno and Sora's chances now. After Steve and Sephiroth its difficult to see where the fighters pass goes from here. How can they top the best globally selling game rep, and one of the most iconic villains of all time. Like who are we getting next that can top those two? Geno still has a shot as does Sora, but im curious if they will make this fighters pass or a future one.

Anywho its good to see you all again my friends :).

Edit: Also thought I would share this for laughs.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
There is another list that predicted all of Banjo's Mii Costumes (minus Sans) but also included Mallow and Smithy.

Edit: List added

View attachment 295282

In theory, if Geno's mii costume does not return along side Sephiroth's Mii Costume Wave, would that jump up in terms of credibility? This isn't the first source to claim Mallow or Smithy are costumes.
If Geno's Mii costume doesn't return in Sephiroth's Presentation than Geno will be back to where he was before Sephiroth was confirmed. The Mallow and Smithy costumes would give Geno's chances much more credibility if nether of them show up or Geno's costume comes back.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
So iv thought about it more, and it seems less and less likely that Sora will be a Mii costume. A lot of people have stated that the reason Sora is not in Smash is due to difficulty negotiating with Disney and because Disney wanted more money. If thats true, it makes no sense that Disney and Nintendo would settle for a Mii costume.

We have to keep in mind Disney can be reasoned with, when its beneficial to them. Look at how many characters that are arguably more important to Disney than Sora, are in Fortnite. Disney practically allowed all Marvel characters to be in Fortnite, they are allowing the Mandolorian and the child in Fortnite, Star Wars characters in Fortnite, Wreck it Ralph cameo in Fortnite and in Sonic & All Stars Racing. Also there is a Black Panther costume for Armor King in Tekken 7. Also Disney allowed Nintendo to have exclusivity to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

So what we have here is clear cases where Disney can be negotiated with, with characters that are arguably way more important to them. So it doesn't make sense they would settle for a Mii costume when they would prefer him as a character. I can see what Disney would want the most is the cross promotion and seeing that Disney logo at the end credits with the other gaming companies. I really do think someone else will be the premier mii costume for this Thursday's Sakurai's presents.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Im really curious about Geno and Sora's chances now. After Steve and Sephiroth its difficult to see where the fighters pass goes from here. How can they top the best globally selling game rep, and one of the most iconic villains of all time. Like who are we getting next that can top those two? Geno still has a shot as does Sora, but im curious if they will make this fighters pass or a future one.

Anywho its good to see you all again my friends :).

Edit: Also thought I would share this for laughs.
A lot of Geno's odds fall on whether or not he is a costume. If Crono shows up as a Mii Costume, I think it is safe to consider Sora back in the running. When it is all said and done, every character on this list has a shot of making it in. Cross reference Verge's Square Enix list and a Mii Costume list that got Goemon/Rocket Grunts correct and Geno seems fairly likely.

However, he has to not appear in this mii costume wave before I can consider him having a legitimate shot again.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Geno, and for that matter any other Square Enix Character's chances (that aren't from Final Fantasy), all hinge on the 17th.

Geno and Mallow being Mii'd in the same costume wave, let alone one focused primarily on Final Fantasy 7, bucks precedence seen with Hero's Mii Costume Wave.

Sora has an even tougher road ahead of him if he wants to get the fabled envelope. You have to have the green to convince Disney that Sora in Smash is a good idea, and also get rights to "certain cameos" in Sora's moveset if that's in the cards.

Crono has more issues in regards to the particular likeness that Sakurai would aim for. This goes back to a period of time where Akira Toriyama was legally represented by certain companies that would own his characters. You'd have to work out the rights to use Toriyama's depictions of the Crono Trigger cast for Spirits alongside the character himself.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Sora has an even tougher road ahead of him if he wants to get the fabled envelope. You have to have the green to convince Disney that Sora in Smash is a good idea, and also get rights to "certain cameos" in Sora's moveset if that's in the cards.
Sora doesn't even need those "certain cameos" in his moveset. He has plenty of material that doesn't need them.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Geno, and for that matter any other Square Enix Character's chances (that aren't from Final Fantasy), all hinge on the 17th.

Geno and Mallow being Mii'd in the same costume wave, let alone one focused primarily on Final Fantasy 7, bucks precedence seen with Hero's Mii Costume Wave.

Crono has more issues in regards to the particular likeness that Sakurai would aim for. This goes back to a period of time where Akira Toriyama was legally represented by certain companies that would own his characters. You'd have to work out the rights to use Toriyama's depictions of the Crono Trigger cast for Spirits alongside the character himself.
Sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree. I think people keep making Disney out to be this giant boogeyman that refuses to budge, in reality Square is a tougher company to negotiate with (in terms of videogames). If you want proof Disney can be reasoned with look at all the content and characters they have given Fortnite. They allowed a Black Panther costume for Armor King in Tekken 7. And they allowed Nintendo to have exclusivity to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and allowed Wreck It Ralph to be in the Sega All Stars racing game.

All of these properties are much more valuable to Disney than Sora is, who barely has any merchandise in Disney Parks. It would not be that difficult to convince them as for all the examples I just mentioned.

Now you have the roadblock that is Square Enix, iv said it many times in this thread. Square like cross promotion, they do not like putting guest characters that do nothing for them. Cloud, Hero, Sephiroth are all cross promotional picks. Even guest characters in other games are cross promotion picks like Noctis and 2B. Sora fits this crosspromoting agenda. If Sora does not happen, it is because Nintendo did not want to have a non gaming company in the credits, and have non gaming elements in Smash.

I saw that you said Geno has the highest chance for the next Square pick over in the Geno thread, again I have to respectfully disagree. This goes back to Geno's biggest obstacle is not Sakurai or Nintendo. Its Square Enix, they love cross promotion, Geno does not fit that. If Square allows Geno to happen its because they wanted to please fans, which is very out of character for them. Im not saying its impossible, but he has a 50% chance of happening. It would really have to be Nintendo and Sakurai who would have to convince Square Enix to allow Geno to be a playable character. Again I want to stress Geno has a shot, but he is definitely not guaranteed to be Square Enix's next rep.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

There are no disney refrences or cameos in his og magic attacks. Its all FF stuff like thundaga and what not

Last edited:

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Why didn't neku from the world ends with you get any love on here?

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Crono's an underrated pick for the next game I think (as much as I loathe to think about a next game). At the very least a mii costume. One of the most popular JRPGS ever and a big legacy title for the SNES. He'd probably be the best Square Enix choice to add next, even though I'm greedy and would love more FFVII since I love the game so much.

If not Crono definitely a Final Fantasy rep from 1-6 or from one of the more modern titles.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Maybe a surprise Chrono Trigger Spirit Event if they decide to still do those
one can hope, I understand not making new content like fighters or stages, but stuff like spirit events, tourneys and balance patches are things that should be supported for some more time before fully abandoning the game, imo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
one can hope, I understand not making new content like fighters or stages, but stuff like spirit events, tourneys and balance patches are things that should be supported for some more time before fully abandoning the game, imo.
Speaking of stages

we still have three empty stage spots

that will bother me for quite a while

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Oh, interesting we did get many Square Enix fighters until today.
Although I would had hoped the 3rd party to be more fair to different companies, or let a different Square franchise like Nier enter the roster.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At the very least Chrono Trigger could get a SNES Online release at some point.

Also, nothing has come about of the SMRPG remake rumors as of yet, though those plans might have been delayed.

For what it's worth, it'll take ages for the amiibo to release, so that could happen still.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
First off, I SCREAMED my head off when Sora got revealed! My most wanted character next to Banjo! Can't believe I ended up getting both of my most wanted in this game as DLC!
With Sora now in the game and with Square having practically five of the seven in the game as playable (people forget that Slime is apart of Hero's moveset), with Version 13.0 and Sora coming why not make an event out of it!

Give us another Sephiroth type level challenge but with Sora. How about Sora fights all of the sword characters in Smash and that could be our sword event that we've still have yet to have, and it's timed give it about a week. When the challenge is completed and to fix the no Chrono content, when you successfully do the challenge at the highest difficulty you get rewarded with a premium Chrono Mii costume that looks like Chrono (almost similar to the Shantae Mii costume) you get a song, and also a Spirit of Chrono.

Last edited:
Top Bottom