• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
May have hit the dab pen too hard but remember how someone had said brave(SE character ) had a female and male costume ... what if it’s mallow & geno
I'm pretty sure it's not the case, and Mallow is a boy.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I'm not familiar with the "Tales of" series, so, I heard some people think that Brave is a character from that series. Can someone explain it to me?

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
I'm not familiar with the "Tales of" series, so, I heard some people think that Brave is a character from that series. Can someone explain it to me?
A sliding and floaty movement profile would fit Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesparia. As I understand it, he's considered a possibility. I did play Tales of Symphonia a while ago but can't really remember how Lloyd moved.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Well, Alex Jones would really love the Mallow conspiracy right now with the whole frog thing, holy moly.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Characters are great and all but I really hope whoever comes to smash brings a unique looking stage and layout, preferably one thats interesting with hazards on, good to play with hazards off. I really hope we don't get a grass land stage since smash has so many already, which might happen if we got DQ character since a lot of those games is walking around overworld grasslands. But I wont mind too much.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Characters are great and all but I really hope whoever comes to smash brings a unique looking stage and layout, preferably one thats interesting with hazards on, good to play with hazards off. I really hope we don't get a grass land stage since smash has so many already, which might happen if we got DQ character since a lot of those games is walking around overworld grasslands. But I wont mind too much.
If its Geno, then Id say forest maze would offer something different.

I always thought a forest maze with a ring out gimmick would be interesting. Basically there is only one direction you can ring out someone at a time. Sending an opponent to a direction that is not the "exit" would just result in them appearing back on the stage from the same or different direction. Ofcourse the exit would shift throughout play.

The Kingdom Hearts Series could offer some good visuals of the world being destroyed or being swallowed by darkness.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
DQ can offer more than just green fields.

.... They got Cookies n' Cream and Mint Chips for starters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DQ can offer more than just green fields.

.... They got Cookies n' Cream and Mint Chips for starters.
How about Zoma's Ice Breath Ice Cream?
Ok really though, I want Zoma's Castle as a stage if Erdrick does get in.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Yuri Lowell is the one that connects to Brave the easiest. Throughout the plot of his game him and his party create a guild called "Brave Vesperia" which is named after the titular star in the game's universe.

Others say Lloyd because he has an unlockable title in game called "Brave Soul", but titles are a dime a dozen in Tales games

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Every day we're getting closer to pplant and (hopefully) more data... i may be getting a tiny bit impatient. Probably not as much as some other people. I really wanna play pplant tho.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Tbh he's not wrong on that one.
When it's about leak, the smash community get a malus of -600 IQ and we reach dangerous idiocy level.
oh man, wait until you see people trying to talk about the new french interview about Dead or Alive 6
because i can tell you NOBODY bothered to click the link other than taking the words of anonymous poster who really doesn't want Ryu Hayabusa in the game

speaking of, i'm going to repost what i typed at ERA so nobody will get lost on what's up.
more people need to see the interview properly
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://www.actugaming.net/dead-or-alive-6-interview-yohei-shimbori-producteur-184969/
1548622404525.png

no mention of Ninja Gaiden and Ryu Hayabusa

and here's the actual snippet, ran through perfectly with Google Translate:
-Speaking of Smash Bros , if you could take a DOA character to implement it in the Smash cast , who would you choose?

Shimbori: "I never spoke with Mr. Sakurai (Masahiro Sakurai, the creator of the Super Smash Bros series), but if I had the chance to do so I would ask him with pleasure, and I would probably choose Kasumi."
also, i recall Imran on twitter saying he interviewed Shimbori as well, back in December, and said he didn't want to speculate about Smash too much aside willing to be really happy to see Christie in the series.
https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1081254237575630853?s=19

I don't follow Tansut. What has he been saying on the current dlc?
Tansut calls on Erdrick and says he's not even far on development, backs partially of the 5channel rumor due to the character and genderswap costumes, can't say for the pallet swaps or the Alegard stage
he's also known for leaking the Cloud DLC days before the reveal, implying about the fighter and stage, as well as hinting when he's releasing.

hope that helps ye

Last edited:

Jboy1010

Smash Cadet
Why does everyone act as if my boy Sora is a SE rep? Even though it’s the copyright holder that gets represented

D

Deleted member

Which one? That 5channel rumor with Joker's stage or Other leak that claims to have full five fighters?
Seems he is referring to the one with only the Persona stuff, as he only mentions the persona stuff a few posts below. If I recall correctly that rumor was the one that popped first in the west, and then later the other one came to attention even if it was made earlier.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I made some pixel art for the Square 7. Took me some time but I finished it.
OMG these are really good!
They look like they'd feel right at home in Mario Maker! You got some mad spriting skills. (Sora's face looks a little derpy, but it's still cool. Can't believe how you managed to sneak in so many details).

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Why does everyone act as if my boy Sora is a SE rep? Even though it’s the copyright holder that gets represented
He was designed by a FF character designer.

The series is directed by someone at Square.

He uses Final Fantasy Spells, equips FF-esque equipment, and references Final Fantasy on multiple occasions.

Namoura still has the final say on what Disney uses Sora for.

Sora has shown up in FF titles (WoFF and Breave Exivus)

Sora is a SE rep in every way but a 100% purely legal standpoint. That's like saying Bayonetta isn't still a SEGA character.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I have a question for you all, if you had to pick characters to be in Smash from all of the franchises in the list, but it cant be any of the list characters themselves, who would you choose?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I have a question for you all, if you had to pick characters to be in Smash from all of the franchises in the list, but it cant be any of the list characters themselves, who would you choose?
Terra instead of Sephiroth.

If it still has to be 7, Tifa.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Geno > Boshi, I dunno lmao
Sephiroth > Tifa if it has to be FF7, If FF in general then Freya Crescent
Dragon Quest > Dunno, anyone else I still won't be interested anyway
Sora > Roxas, can't get cooler than dual wield keyblades (altho ventus would be fun too, he has my favorite looking keyblade)
Crono > Frog

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For FF, if it has to be FF7 specifically then Barret. Or if it's FF as a whole then Bartz.
For DQ, I'll pick DQ5's protagonist. Having a moveset around summoning different monsters for attacks could represent the series really nicely in a different way than Erdrick or the others.
For Chrono Trigger... Frog. Is there any other answer? lol
For SMRPG (or Mario RPGs as a whole), I would actually really like Mallow. Or if we're talking the latter, then I would pick Fawful instead.
For KH... I don't know enough about it sorry lol

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Personally for me, it would go Mallow, Aqua and Tifa. I don't know DQ and CT that well, so I can't really make a judgement for them.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They're great franchises, so too many :)
Well basically it'd be the same as I mentioned before that I want. I'll just add Yuffie, though I dont think she'd have much chance over some others. Tifa has more of a chance and I'd love her too.

D

Deleted member

Its kind of difficult with Sora as he is the clear MC of his franchise, same with Crono. You could use Riku and Frog/Magus but would feel weird.

FFVII-wise Tifa is pretty much a lock. If other FF characters? Probably Vivi, Yuna, Onion Knight, Mog or Terra. Edit: add Balthier to the options, how could I forget the leading man.

For Geno you are pretty much locked between Mallow and Croc, but I actually like Mallow a lot more than Geno. If not restricted to SMRPG, probably Fawful for Mario RPG rep.

For DQ, Jade to keep with the luminary, Dragonlord for monster rep, a Builder from DQB, a DQ Monsters protag, or the protag from DQ VIII.

Last edited by a moderator:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
OMG these are really good!
They look like they'd feel right at home in Mario Maker! You got some mad spriting skills. (Sora's face looks a little derpy, but it's still cool. Can't believe how you managed to sneak in so many details).
Absolutely adorable!

You know, I like how you're one of the few users here driving this thread forward with nice little quizzes. :3
So here's my list:

Sephiroth -> Tifa (It has to be FFVII given the blog and the game itself... I also would love to see her).
Erdrick/Luminary -> Hero from DQVIII
Sora -> Riku, given it has to be an orginal KH character. But I think it would be epic to see Mickey Mouse there
Crono -> Glenn (Frog), zero doubts about that.
Geno -> Mallow

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Super Mario RPG: Mallow, if I can't get Geno. He could have attacks based on his stretchiness and weather special attacks.
Final Fantasy: Cecil from Final Fantasy 4
Dragon Quest: Madason from Dragon Quest 5

Skipped the Chrono and Kingdom Hearts series cuz honestly I wouldn't like Serge or any KH character that isn't Sora.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Squall Leonhart. None of the other FF characters interest me nearly as much. Not with Sephiroth gone(though Aerith would be cool).
Frog, I guess?
I know jack-all of Kingdom Hearts' Original Characters, though King Mickey would be cool.
Slime, obviously, for Dragon Quest. Nobody else tickles my fancy.

Jboy1010

Smash Cadet
Perhaps because he's on the official Squenix 7 list. As in the organized list of names SQUENIX has sent out of potential characters.
It's easy to get confused.
Well then it’s clear leakbait since Sora can’t officially represent SE since it’s not their character to own... it would be like Persona repping SE since they used to publish the games

He was designed by a FF character designer.

The series is directed by someone at Square.

He uses Final Fantasy Spells, equips FF-esque equipment, and references Final Fantasy on multiple occasions.

Namoura still has the final say on what Disney uses Sora for.

Sora has shown up in FF titles (WoFF and Breave Exivus)

Sora is a SE rep in every way but a 100% purely legal standpoint. That's like saying Bayonetta isn't still a SEGA character.
False equivalence to Bayonetta since she’s actually owned by the company that publish her games and have her copyright... try again.

At the end of the day it’s the company that own the copyright that are represented... it’s as simple as that. Hence the reason why Bayonetta is a 2nd party rep due to Nintendo also owning her copyright along with SEGA in the smash 4 inclusion. It’s the same logic as to why Kojima isn’t represented in snake’s inclusion

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well then it’s clear leakbait since Sora can’t officially represent SE since it’s not their character to own... it would be like Persona repping SE since they used to publish the games

False equivalence to Bayonetta since she’s actually owned by the company that publish her games and have her copyright... try again.

At the end of the day it’s the company that own the copyright that are represented... it’s as simple as that. Hence the reason why Bayonetta is a 2nd party rep due to Nintendo also owning her copyright along with SEGA in the smash 4 inclusion. It’s the same logic as to why Kojima isn’t represented in snake’s inclusion
If SE didn't consider Sora "close to them" or an "honnorary SE rep", they wouldn't even put him in the list of leakbait name they throw around.

D

Deleted member

Easy! Simply another Dragon Quest hero. Probably 4, 5, or 8.

E: Or Mallow I guess, but Mallow is below DQ representation period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom