• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Keep in mind though, my bar for hype on the base roster was very low. I wasn't thrilled with smash 4 newcomers.

I legitimately think Brave is Wonder Red. I think Erdrick will come later, but I'm calling it now, Brave is Wonder Red. That'll throw everyone for a loop.
I love The Wonderful 101 and think it's even better than Bayonetta and Devil May Cry, personally. I'm sad Nintendo never advertised and promoted it properly so Wonder Red's chance to join Smash is up in the air, but if he happens I'll be ecstatic.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Uh....Interesting tibit from Vergeben on Reddit, about Smash/JumpForce and DQ in general.

source

So seems that Dai being in Jump Force doesn't hurt Erdrick at all, he still seems to believe Erdrick will be the one
But if there are people that have taken Dai for Erdick, how does that disqualify the chances of people mistaken Dai for Erdick and for that being in Smash? That doesn't make sense... I'm not saying that it has happened but if A has happened then certainly B (or should I say C in this cause?) could have.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I love The Wonderful 101 and think it's even better than Bayonetta and Devil May Cry, personally. I'm sad Nintendo never advertised and promoted it properly so Wonder Red's chance to join Smash is up in the air, but if he happens I'll be ecstatic.
I believe Wondeful 101 was teased to be on switch in some form. Maybe in the next direct we get Wondeful 101 switch port, sequel announced, and Wonder Red in smash.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I had a thought.
We assumed Joker would be #71 because he was announced first. But what if the first dlc is actually someone else?

I think what might go against it is that 'jack' has more fleshed out stats. But here's another thought, what if it's not brave who has the copy of landing data and it's actually the other way around? :O

I know, whacky, but Vergeben said the first dlc would be an SE rep right? What if that's how it is and the Joker reveal was for another reason, like the timing or to throw people off?

D

Deleted member

I had a thought.
We assumed Joker would be #71 because he was announced first. But what if the first dlc is actually someone else?

I think what might go against it is that 'jack' has more fleshed out stats. But here's another thought, what if it's not brave who has the copy of landing data and it's actually the other way around? :O

I know, whacky, but Vergeben said the first dlc would be an SE rep right? What if that's how it is and the Joker reveal was for another reason, like the timing or to throw people off?
I wouldn't say that's out of the question. DLC for Smash 4 came mostly in batches rather than individually, perhaps that will be the case again.

D

Deleted member

INB4 Joker is akin to Pokemon trainer and it ends up that both brave and jack are Personas he uses.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sure if you can tell me why the name Brave, the most definite of everything (as the stats can change), would actually correlate to Banjo on a reasonable level
Brave is such a broad term that it doesn't need to mean exactly for a character. Pretty much every protagonist is brave. Also, didn't some of the Smash 4 DLC having the codename Mario?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Brave is such a broad term that it doesn't need to mean exactly for a character. Pretty much every protagonist is brave. Also, didn't some of the Smash 4 DLC having the codename Mario?
Mario's placeholder was for Corrin but for a good reason.
The dev team didn't know what Character they'll do last until the very end.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
More like their placeholder was Mario rather than a codename. Brave as a codename only works if Brave is directly connected to the character it's meant to be referencing. That's why I think Erdrick and Yuri Lowell are the ones that make the most sense. THere's a lot less hoops to jump through connecting them to Brave. Bravely Default is an option, but it doesn't point to any singular character.

Mario's placeholder was for Corrin but for a good reason.
The dev team didn't know what Character they'll do last until the very end.
There were 2 Mario slots in total after Ryu and Roy were released. a 3rd showed up with the Mariomaker stage update.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
A while ago he said that the Square Enix is DQ, and that there was a male and female alt.
He also very heavily suggested that it was Erdrick.
He also said they're not very far along in development from what he understands. Honestly, Tansut's info and apparent certainty are the most compelling things pointing to Erdrick to me. And even then, I still can't believe it. There's always the chance he jumped the gun, I guess.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Tansut said they weren't far in development?

Also, here's another option for DQ (did hear someone mention it too) :p

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
More like their placeholder was Mario rather than a codename. Brave as a codename only works if Brave is directly connected to the character it's meant to be referencing. That's why I think Erdrick and Yuri Lowell are the ones that make the most sense. THere's a lot less hoops to jump through connecting them to Brave. Bravely Default is an option, but it doesn't point to any singular character.
Just curious. Is there any knowledge of when the data mine of what people assume is Joker and Piranha Plant got included?

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Yeah that's right, brave was added after. I guess that puts a small whole in my brave being first dlc theory :O
Could still be possible tho.
Regardless of development order, we don't know the order that DLC characters were selected in. THe possibility exists that development only began after all the characters were decided and the schedule was made. It's very possible that several characters were being tossed around to be the first reveal before the decision on Joker was made and before development actually started.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Regardless of development order, we don't know the order that DLC characters were selected in. THe possibility exists that development only began after all the characters were decided and the schedule was made. It's very possible that several characters were being tossed around to be the first reveal before the decision on Joker was made and before development actually started.
Yeah definitely possible. Probably more likely to get joker first, but not impossible to get 2 characters not too far apart.

Tho if it was all structured then we'd be getting a new dlc every 2-3 months, if it's gonna take 1 year for all 5.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Plant and Joker were in 0.9, before the day one patch.
Then who isn't to say that they used Brave because it's such a broad term working as both a placeholder and code name when you really think of it. I mean, with Joker and the plant, they don't need to be AS secretive about it if the data mine was added with 0.9 with Joker and especially not the plant

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Then who isn't to say that they used Brave because it's such a broad term working as both a placeholder and code name when you really think of it. I mean, with Joker and the plant, they don't need to be AS secretive about it if the data mine was added with 0.9
Joker was already coded as 'Jack', so it was secretive and everyone was surprised by joker's reveal. Now that we know we can see that jack makes sense for it.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Then who isn't to say that they used Brave because it's such a broad term working as both a placeholder and code name when you really think of it. I mean, with Joker and the plant, they don't need to be AS secretive about it if the data mine was added with 0.9 with Joker and especially not the plant
"Jack" was datamined before Joker's reveal. The dataminers themselves thought it meant Raiden from MGS

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't 0.9 come after TGA?
Well the day one patch was.. on day one. Before that people had access to smash anyway.
I'm not entirely sure about the numbers, but I did hear that the dataminers had access to that data before.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
"Jack" was datamined before Joker's reveal. The dataminers themselves thought it meant Raiden from MGS
Well the day one patch was.. on day one. Before that people had access to smash anyway.
I'm not entirely sure about the numbers, but I did hear that the dataminers had access to that data before.
This shows how much I've lost track of time recently :lol:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So is Erdrick actually a thing or are people still basing it off of leaks?
It’s all based of datamines and insider info. Erdrick is not officially confirmed, in any way, to be DLC.

The main debate seems to be whether or not someone believes the insiders are correct.

Some people trust the insiders enough to go all in on Erdrick.

Others, like myself, aren’t convinced it’s Erdrick for sure.

It’s pretty much gonna be like that until a full-blown leak or an official confirmation.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This shows how much I've lost track of time recently :lol:
To be fair, I think they weren't very vocal about the data. A lot of people found out about it at the same time as the brave data.
I'm not entirely sure about those details cuz I wasn't very active here in december.

It’s all based of datamines and insider info. Erdrick is not officially confirmed, in any way, to be DLC.

The main debate seems to be whether or not someone believes the insiders are correct.

Some people trust the insiders enough to go all in on Erdrick.

Others, like myself, aren’t convinced it’s Erdrick for sure.

It’s pretty much gonna be like that until a full-blown leak or an official confirmation.
I'm pretty skeptical of leaks and insiders, and I'm not entirely sure yet who's legit and not just piggybacking on others.
Besides the original leak, there's Tansut.. And.. anybody know who else talks about Erdrick?

TUNDRA IV

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
May have hit the dab pen too hard but remember how someone had said brave(SE character ) had a female and male costume ... what if it’s mallow & geno

D

Deleted member

HOLY **** I DIDN'T KNOW MALLOW WAS A SHE /s
Well Mallow was a toadpole wasn't he? I remember that there are species of frogs that change gender, or at least that's what I remember from Jurassic Park.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well Mallow was a toadpole wasn't he? I remember that there are species of frogs that change gender, or at least that's what I remember from Jurassic Park.
Uh, well, mallow is someting a little different. Don't want to spoil it if you haven't played smrpg, but maybe gender could be pretty much up in the air, if you know what i mean. . :)

Altho the pants makes me think it's a he.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Uh, well, mallow is someting a little different. Don't want to spoil it if you haven't played smrpg, but maybe gender could be pretty much up in the air, if you know what i mean. . :)
I was just messing around regarding that spoiler, kinda remembered that part about the JP movie mentioning that and just thought to do a lame joke about it. I finished SMRPG a long time ago so I know about Mallow's backstory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
With all the stuff going on at the Geno thread it’s only natural Mallow would get a shocking gender reveal.
Not as shocking as pichu.
Oh sorry was that a lame joke?

also, unrelated, but i never finished ff9. i liked what i played of it, wouldn't mind going back to it at some point.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not as shocking as pichu.
Oh sorry was that a lame joke?

also, unrelated, but i never finished ff9. i liked what i played of it, wouldn't mind going back to it at some point.
It took me a really really long time to get it. At first I was wondering if we knew Pichu’s gender and I’d forgotten.

And oh boy, the ending of FFIX... *kisses fingers like French chef* mastahpeece!

Top Bottom