• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I only see Crono happening if music rights become an issue for Erdrick. Both franchises are owned by the exact same people outside of music. If given the choice, Japanese people absolutely would prioritize Erdrick over Crono.
I honestly would dieeeeee for
Corridors of Time
being in the DLC pack

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I never was expecting a Smash reveal.

I came for an extremely different reason.
Well... they said this was the lineup:

• Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy! (PS4, Switch) – Stage, Trailer
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4, Switch) – Playable, Stage, Trailer, Present
  • Dragon Quest Rivals (iOS, Android, PC) – Stage, Trailer, Present
  • Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age S (Switch) – Stage
  • Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition (PS4, Switch) – Trailer
  • Hoshi no Dragon Quest
  • Kingdom Hearts III (PS4, Xbox One) – Photo Spot, Trailer
  • Romancing Saga Re:Universe (iOS, Android) – Trailer
  • Tatakae! Dragon Quest Scan Battlers (Arcade) – Playable, Stage, Trailer, Present
So, just expect these things. the DQ11 S stage is in 1 hour exactly from now. So far it's mostly been KH3 and DQ Builders 2, with a little bit of Chocobo's mystery dungeon. Also, we saw FF Crystal Chronicles has... ONLINE MULTIPLAYER! Woo, haha.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Well... they said this was the lineup:

• Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy! (PS4, Switch) – Stage, Trailer
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4, Switch) – Playable, Stage, Trailer, Present
  • Dragon Quest Rivals (iOS, Android, PC) – Stage, Trailer, Present
  • Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age S (Switch) – Stage
  • Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition (PS4, Switch) – Trailer
  • Hoshi no Dragon Quest
  • Kingdom Hearts III (PS4, Xbox One) – Photo Spot, Trailer
  • Romancing Saga Re:Universe (iOS, Android) – Trailer
  • Tatakae! Dragon Quest Scan Battlers (Arcade) – Playable, Stage, Trailer, Present
So, just expect these things. the DQ11 S stage is in 1 hour exactly from now. So far it's mostly been KH3 and DQ Builders 2, with a little bit of Chocobo's mystery dungeon. Also, we saw FF Crystal Chronicles has... ONLINE MULTIPLAYER! Woo, haha.
so what your saying is i should go to sleep and check back tomorrow

D

Deleted member

Something I've wanted to bring up in here for a while now... I think it's kinda saddening that only one of the characters of the 7 has a shot, MAYBE two if we were to be really generous. I really think that Sora, Geno, and a DQ rep all deserve to be part of the game, but I think we all know SE by now (Sephiroth I'm kinda iffy on to be honest but he would be alright).

Regardless of who does get in though I know it'll be a great outcome. Basically what I'm saying is that they would all be in in an ideal work but this isn't an ideal world.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Hey, been watching different forums for a while and decided to post some information.
Erdrick is in.
Luminary, Sephiroth, Crono, Sora, Geno, and Slime are his alt. costumes like Bowser Jr.
I know nothing of stages, music or movesets.
Future reveals will validate this post.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Hey, been watching different forums for a while and decided to post some information.
Erdrick is in.
Luminary, Sephiroth, Crono, Sora, Geno, and Slime are his alt. costumes like Bowser Jr.
That explains everything!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Erdrick is in.
I dunno, something tells me this is fake, but Nintendo seems to be screaming at me about how it's real and they're mad.

Untouch

Smash Master
Looks like the "special" "guests" for the DQXI thing was the VAs for some of the characters with some vtuber thing.
Still no release date either.

See you guys when the Square Enix rep is actually announced.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Looks like the "special" "guests" for the DQXI thing was the VAs for some of the characters.

It's the characters themselves. Lulz.

They got a lot of work to do to catch up to Kizuna AI technology.

D

Deleted member

Looks like the "special" "guests" for the DQXI thing was the VAs for some of the characters with some vtuber thing.

Yup. No major announcements for now aside from a trailer with Japanese voice acting.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
So I'm trying to process more and more why Erdrick would be in the game and it officially makes less sense to me than it did beforehand.

Partially because Joker, but also because Luminary makes things really weird.

Now think of it like this: Who was the face of Persona for the longest time? Yu Narukami. Joker is far more recent, and his game is apparently coming to the Switch and he got in instead of Yu or even Jack Frost. This is basically the exact same situation as Luminary and Erdrick. If Joker is the precedent set, then it makes far more sense to me to have Luminary in the game. Of course he could still have an Erdrick skin, which doesn't change much if that's the case, but Luminary is seeming to click more with me.

D

Deleted member

So I'm trying to process more and more why Erdrick would be in the game and it officially makes less sense to me than it did beforehand.

Now think of it like this: Who was the face of Persona for the longest time? Yu Narukami. Joker is far more recent, and his game is apparently coming to the Switch and he got in instead of Yu or even Jack Frost. This is basically the exact same situation as Luminary and Erdrick. If Joker is the precedent set, then it makes far more sense to me to have Luminary in the game. Of course he could still have an Erdrick skin, which doesn't change much if that's the case, but Luminary is seeming to click more with me.
It makes sense either way honestly
DQIII was explosively successful in Japan, and to this day remains the most popular game in the franchise (in Japan at least)
DQXI was the most recent in the series, which was recieved extremely well by fans and critics in both sides of the world.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

The "face' of the Persona franchise changes each game. Yu was only the face of the franchise because Persona 4 was the game they were building off of. Now that Persona 5 is out Atlus is now building off of P5 and Joker. Erdrick is and always has been the face of the Franchise since his debut in DQ3. Regardless, regardless of the 5ch rumor being true, I've always suspected that Luminary will be an Alt, so Luminary would still be in the game.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
The "face' of the Persona franchise changes each game. Yu was only the face of the franchise because Persona 4 was the game they were building off of. Now that Persona 5 is out Atlus is now building off of P5 and Joker. Erdrick is and always has been the face of the Franchise since his debut in DQ3. Regardless, regardless of the 5ch rumor being true, I've always suspected that Luminary will be an Alt, so Luminary would still be in the game.
Maybe you've got a decent point there.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Joker is the face of the franchise now, and probably will share that role with future protags as they come and go. He's basically Atlus's Cloud.

D

Deleted member

Wish they had shown more about the game but there is a January stream incoming, I guess we will know more about 11S then. Game looks good, VA sounds good, figures look nice, and apparently there are more marriage options.
View attachment 183909
Luminary, Slime and Erdrick's Shield.
lol
It seems that even if no Smash, Erdrick is getting a lot of love.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Man; I thought that guy with the envelope was going to pull out a Smash invitation.

Sorry you didn't get in guy's! It's a cutthroat race, smash speculation.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
"I want DQ to get btfo so bad"

I'm sure dude. lmao
Hey man; Just trying to be civil. *shrug*
Even if the sincerity isn't 100%, I can still feel remorse for the people who didn't get him. I just have no personal loss/ a possible personal gain.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Man; I thought that guy with the envelope was going to pull out a Smash invitation.

With all due respect, don't celebrate so quickly. After all, even those who looked up to this event knew there was a chance any Smash announcement wouldn't happen.

D

Deleted member

Oh don't worry mate, they announced a January stream at an unspecified date. If there is a Nintendo direct in January there is a high chance of him getting announced there alongside with the specific date for the DQXI stream. But seriously, you have some issues if you have a character you dislike you so much that you have to act paranoid.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Just a trailer for DQXIS with Japanese voice acting. Nothing much else, at least that I could understand lol
I've been waiting years to try it out and even ignored the ps4 version so I'm glad it's on the way it shouldn't take long to get the game out to the west either the English text is already available to us

-Coco-

Smash Ace
I've been waiting years to try it out and even ignored the ps4 version so I'm glad it's on the way it shouldn't take long to get the game out to the west either the English text is already available to us
Yeah, sadly Switch version isn't confirmed coming here yet but I wouldn't doubt it happening.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
This Optimistic guy is acting like such a fan of Dragon Quest even though he doesn’t want them in.

Who rants this much about a franchise they don’t want in Smash, like he may as well be a fan anyway with how much he brings up Dragon Quest (even out of pure dislike), it’s getting worrisome!

-Coco-

Smash Ace
This Optimistic guy is acting like such a fan of Dragon Quest even though he doesn’t want them in.

Who rants this much about a franchise they don’t want in Smash, like he may as well be a fan anyway with how much he brings up Dragon Quest (even out of pure dislike), it’s getting worrisome!
I don't mind him bagging on Dragon Quest. It's when he acts like he's morally superior to those who want the character in like so.

I just wish people realized it's a bit more important than getting their character into a fighting game.
This is where I legitimately get mad.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

Also he's probably trolling honestly lol

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
That still doesn't make it an excuse to bash an entire series as much as he really rants about it and as a fan of the series, it just been irking me.
Never said it did but he's had so many incidents in this thread its ridiculous I say ignore him because it's just become a nuisance at this point he knows what he's saying and if he cared he would have stopped long ago nothing is gonna change him nor can you debate with him

Last edited:
Top Bottom