• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Why haven't you guys pressed the ignore button on this guy? It would help a lot with your problems.
It seems to me like people haven't learned the FIRST THING about trolls here…
DON'T
FEED
THEM.
Everyone here is feeding him by giving him attention. You guys aren't doing any good yourselves. That's why he keeps coming. It honestly doesn' bother me because I learned long ago how to ignore and mute people, but you guys (not you who I'm quoting to say this, btw) apparently haven't learned to do such a simple 1 click action. Also if it bothers anyone to see the "show ignored blahblahblah" at the bottom of the page, let me tell you something… if everyone collaborates in ignoring someone who keeps doing the same negative thing over and over again, that person will eventually stop coming, meaning you will even stop seeing the "show ignored " thingy at the bottom of the page. You gotta think of the benefit of actually ignoring trolls in the long run. It's because people don't do this that threads actually become more toxic thant hey should be, not because of one troll only, but because people don't do the right thing about it either.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I didn't know Undertale outsold Dragon Quest in Japan (at least on PS4).

I bet the January Direct will announce Slime/Erdrick/Geno in Smash alongside Sans & Papyrus.

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I doubt another dlc will be officially revealed until the release of joker or near his release. It will probably be a one at a time kind of thing.

So is Erdrick official? Or is all this still speculation?
I just find him hard to believe if they plan on promoting DQ in the west. This character isnt relevant in the series to this day is he? Its just gonna be hard to associate that character with that series if Erdrick isnt appearing on any promotional material.

I think Geno still has a chance if Erdrick is in. Just surprised this would be Nintendo's first choice and in the event they settled on Erdrick maybe a deal was reached. Echo or a Unique character with no stage. Scrapping his costume all together makes no sense.
Personally I would rather see Sora, and as long as the cost to obtain him isnt too high he would have been a safe choice. Some of you may hate on Disney, but if Nintendo got them to back the game as well the series would have a bigger audience. Overall Disney has much more to offer to Nintendo than another game publishing company like Square or Sega.

D

Deleted member

I didn't know Undertale outsold Dragon Quest in Japan (at least on PS4).

I bet the January Direct will announce Slime/Erdrick/Geno in Smash alongside Sans & Papyrus.
Source? Google says that Undertale only sold around 100k on PS4 in Japan.
I doubt another dlc will be officially revealed until the release of joker or near his release. It will probably be a one at a time kind of thing.

I just find him hard to believe if they plan on promoting DQ in the west. This character isnt relevant in the series to this day is he? Its just gonna be hard to associate that character with that series if Erdrick isnt appearing on any promotional material.

I think Geno still has a chance if Erdrick is in. Just surprised this would be Nintendo's first choice and in the event they settled on Erdrick maybe a deal was reached. Echo or a Unique character with no stage. Scrapping his costume all together makes no sense.
Personally I would rather see Sora, and as long as the cost to obtain him isnt too high he would have been a safe choice. Some of you may hate on Disney, but if Nintendo got them to back the game as well the series would have a bigger audience. Overall Disney has much more to offer to Nintendo than another game publishing company like Square or Sega.
Erdrick is a character who has been at least mentioned in nearly every DQ game, and is mainly relevant in 1, 2, 3, and 11 (the most recent one).

Last edited by a moderator:

ZelDan

Smash Master
who gives a flying **** what the "mUh aNiMe SwOrdMan!1!!" crowd says. nintendo shouldn't be giving any attention to a dumb vocal minority who still think every sword fighter is a marth clone.
As someone who thinks the swordsman complaint is one of the stupidest complaints to ever exist in the Smash base, I certainly don't care if they get heard.

Like, these people realize that there are probably over 60 characters that DON'T use swords, right?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Reading it again, seems to have only been digitally in 2017, I guess people mostly buy physical releases over there.

https://www.dualshockers.com/undertale-dragon-quest-xi-ps4-japan/

I just saw someone mention Undertale having outsold Dragon Quest in the Sans thread, so I decided to search it.
I think that's just the best sellers at the time, like how the best seller list on the Switch eshop is always changing.
Overall DQXI has still sold 1m+ copies on PS4

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Source? Google says that Undertale only sold around 100k on PS4 in Japan.

Erdrick is a character who has been at least mentioned in nearly every DQ game, and is mainly relevant in 1, 2, 3, and 11 (the most recent one).
Is he ever seen or just mentioned? Cuz I thought he was only playable in 3.
Never really been a huge dq fan, but 7 or 8 was alright(orange bandana wearing guy).
Also they mentioned big news coming on the 1st for Dq so who knows.

I can see why people are against more sword characters. They typically have very similar attacks. Only so much you can do with a sword I guess. I wouldnt mind 2 more though, as long as they dont come from fire emblem.

D

Deleted member

Is he ever seen or just mentioned? Cuz I thought he was only playable in 3.
Never really been a huge dq fan, but 7 or 8 was alright(orange bandana wearing guy).
Also they mentioned big news coming on the 1st for Dq so who knows.

I can see why people are against more sword characters. They typically have very similar attacks. Only so much you can do with a sword I guess. I wouldnt mind 2 more though, as long as they dont come from fire emblem.
He's not even alive in the times of DQ1, 2, and 11, but he still remains an important figure within the series lore. So even though you never see him outside of his own game, he's still frequently mentioned as someone important.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I just wanna say guy's..... you kind of misconstrue 'doesn't share my opinion' with trolling. I'm trying to be a lot more civil as of late, letting things slide, keeping most of my DQ related frustrations out of this thread. I've perhaps gone a bit over the top, I tend to get more irrationally passionate about things due to some personal things I mentioned off hand earlier. I want my opinions to come across genuine and the last thing I'm intending on doing is being a troll. Troll's do not care about **** so passionately; but I certainly do even if it comes off irrational to you all. I was debating even responding, since I feel it could just stir up more unwanted trouble, but I didn't want to just be idly dog-piled and not get my word in.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I just wanna say guy's..... you kind of misconstrue 'doesn't share my opinion' with trolling. I'm trying to be a lot more civil as of late, letting things slide, keeping most of my DQ related frustrations out of this thread. I've perhaps gone a bit over the top, I tend to get more irrationally passionate about things due to some personal things I mentioned off hand earlier. I want my opinions to come across genuine and the last thing I'm intending on doing is being a troll. Troll's do not care about **** so passionately; but I certainly do even if it comes off irrational to you all. I was debating even responding, since I feel it could just stir up more unwanted trouble, but I didn't want to just be idly dog-piled and not get my word in.
The thing about that is that the impact you've already left on this thread has already imparted a rather sour note. Improvement is something that is appreciated, really, and I personally don't think you're trolling. However, your behavior really hasn't been great, even with attempts at trying to better yourself. Things like what you said about a DQ rep not being announced at Jump Festa just comes across as disingenuous because of your track record, even if it wasn't your intent. It's understandable why people reacted the way they did.

I say... take a large step back from this thread. Your posts haven't been contributing in any positive manner as of late here, and you need to realize that this is doing more harm than good. Distancing yourself and taking a good, hard look at yourself would be for the better. You would benefit from it, the thread would benefit from it, and everyone would benefit from it. It's win-win.

You've also proven yourself as coming across very stubborn. Keeping an open mind is important. Listen to what other people have to say. Taking things with a grain of salt may be important, yes, but being willing to admit fault is another. Above all, you aren't perfect, and in all of this drama, you've been the common denominator. That should be evidence enough that you really need to step back.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
The thing about that is that the impact you've already left on this thread has already imparted a rather sour note. Improvement is something that is appreciated, really, and I personally don't think you're trolling. However, your behavior really hasn't been great, even with attempts at trying to better yourself. Things like what you said about a DQ rep not being announced at Jump Festa just comes across as disingenuous because of your track record, even if it wasn't your intent. It's understandable why people reacted the way they did.

I say... take a large step back from this thread. Your posts haven't been contributing in any positive manner as of late here, and you need to realize that this is doing more harm than good. Distancing yourself and taking a good, hard look at yourself would be for the better. You would benefit from it, the thread would benefit from it, and everyone would benefit from it. It's win-win.

You've also proven yourself as coming across very stubborn. Keeping an open mind is important. Listen to what other people have to say. Taking things with a grain of salt may be important, yes, but being willing to admit fault is another. Above all, you aren't perfect, and in all of this drama, you've been the common denominator. That should be evidence enough that you really need to step back.
Honestly; if there was another place to stay up to date on the Square Bull****; I would have left a while ago. But we decided to separate this thread from the Geno thread, and now it's the only place I can get information. Besides; I feel like if I wasn't here, this place would become a bit on an echo chamber.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DLC is meant to appeal to a wide audience. Dragon Quest appeals to Japanese audience and only a slight sum of the Western audience. This makes it a shaky choice to choose. You risk it just sort of achieving nothing for yourself in one side of the world. That could all change based on moveset potential, etc, etc.

Which brings me to moveset potential. Erdrick might bring the most unique **** we've ever seen. People are still gonna see a sword anime man. I have my doubts we're getting ANY swords animemen and women as DLC specifically because of the backlash from last time.

Dragon Quest has never appeared in a place where Square didn't have full control over it. That ain't gonna start with Smash. I feel like from their track record they'd be even more stingy with it than they would with Cloud.

I don't think the story behind how Dragon Quest was picked or has been crafted at that moment is accurate to how business would work. If Sakurai approached about Dragon Quest specifically than sure, but no, that most common story is that he approached about a Square rep. Which just.....seems time consuming. You'd be better approaching about a specific character because you had some sort of plan already in your head about said character.

I'm no longer convinced that a Square rep is even going to happen. I'm about 50/50 on it now despite it being something we've known for a while.

Just a few thoughts.
At this point in time the anime swordman is one of the most silly arguments considering a few things:
1. Anime is Japanese, Smash is Japanese. It shouldn't be surprising to see anime represented in a Japanese game
2. Swords are the most common weapon in RPGs, and most protagonists have one. Just from the list on the poll, 5 characters use one or a similar thing
3. Swordsmen dont make even a quarter of the roster even including non-anime swordmen like Meta Knight
4. The main issue with swordsmen should be that we have 3 derived Marth characters and 2 derived from Link
5. There are different types of swords and styles that would be great to see on the game
6. People overestimate some of the loud minority that complains about every thing in the game.
7. A lot of people like myself, like anime swordman since we like those characters
I feel that sometimes people asking for other weapons like spears or axes are doing so just to cross checklists rather than outright liking the characters.
Well, there are supposedly DLC Mii costumes, we could potentially see some of the old 3rd party costumes there.

D

Deleted member

At this point in time the anime swordman is one of the most silly arguments considering a few things:
1. Anime is Japanese, Smash is Japanese. It shouldn't be surprising to see anime represented in a Japanese game
2. Swords are the most common weapon in RPGs, and most protagonists have one. Just from the list on the poll, 5 characters use one or a similar thing
3. Swordsmen dont make even a quarter of the roster even including non-anime swordmen like Meta Knight
4. The main issue with swordsmen should be that we have 3 derived Marth characters and 2 derived from Link
5. There are different types of swords and styles that would be great to see on the game
6. People overestimate some of the loud minority that complains about every thing in the game.
7. A lot of people like myself, like anime swordman since we like those characters
I feel that sometimes people asking for other weapons like spears or axes are doing so just to cross checklists rather than outright liking the characters.

Well, there are supposedly DLC Mii costumes, we could potentially see some of the old 3rd party costumes there.
Really the main issue I see people having with "anime swordsmen" is the number of characters whose moveset is a variant of Marth's.
But, people just take the whole thing and say "ALL ANIME SWORDSMEN ARE BAD" because of those few. It's all about application and execution rather than just the concept.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
The problem is you can't share your differing opinions without sounding obnoxious/spiteful. Case in point; last night. Intentional or not, you phrase things like you're trying to stir up drama, which is why so many people here think you're trolling. (like, "I want DQ to get btfo so bad" and following up with "just trying to be civil"? That is legit troll-tier ****)

And what do you mean "irrational to us?" This isn't a perspective thing; some of the stuff you've said is, objectively, pretty damn irrational (spamming SE with calls about Geno)

Having your own opinions is fine (it's good that you have your own opinions), and I appreciate that you're trying to improve, but for ****'s sake dude, take a step back and take a look at what you're doing.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
The problem is you can't share your differing opinions without sounding obnoxious/spiteful. Case in point; last night. Intentional or not, you phrase things like you're trying to stir up drama, which is why so many people here think you're trolling. (like, "I want DQ to get btfo so bad" and following up with "just trying to be civil"? That is legit troll-tier ****)

And what do you mean "irrational to us?" This isn't a perspective thing; some of the stuff you've said is, objectively, pretty damn irrational (spamming SE with calls about Geno)

Having your own opinions is fine (it's good that you have your own opinions), and I appreciate that you're trying to improve, but for ****'s sake dude, take a step back and take a look at what you're doing.
I just want to point out; the BTFO comment was on the Geno thread. I never said that here.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I just want to point out; the BTFO comment was on the Geno thread. I never said that here.
It was still a public post in a place where DQ fans still lurk. A lot of them are also supportive of Geno. It's obvious why this is still a problem. Please don't litter either thread with this kind of negativity.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
As a dual fighter like Ice Climber?
I imagine you mainly playing as Papyrus with Sans off to the side similar to Pokemon Trainer; Sans will help Papyrus with attacks, and starts letting his power show when Papyrus starts taking high-damage. Sans will also be a big help with the Final Smash, it focusing mainly on Sans if Papyrus's damage is at least 70-80%.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Erdrick is far from official; I still believe he's our Squenix pick, but only a few prominent leakers are leaning towards him, like Hitagi.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Geez, 88 pages? This thread went fast.

Honestly at this point I don't even know about the list of 7 anymore or even if Verge, Hitagi, or anyone else even knows remotely anything about DLC.

That or I'm still trying to cling onto the hope that Neku will happen

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
As for the "anime swordsman" argument, I only agree with it if the anime swordsman in question brings nothing else unique. For example, Isaac would be cool because of that hand magic and earthquakes and vines and stuff. Lloyd has TWO swords. Sora has drive forms and disney teammates and several unique spells like gravity, and he can kinda float/fly. Chrono can time travel. Another Xenoblade rep would (presumably) have something similar to Shulk which is one of the coolest gimmicks ever. While I don't want another Fire Emblem character, someone like Lyn would be pretty unique with that style of swordplay. Hell, even Sephiroth would be cool with his stupidly long anime villain sword having as much range as Corrin with all his sword attacks.

The only unique spells I've seen from Erdrick are that turning to metal thing, which wouldn't really work well as a move, and possibly taming monsters like slime? But, the taming thing comes from a different character from DQ, not Erdrick. As far as what type of swordplay he uses, it doesn't seem like he's going to be super unique in that regard either. Obviously if he gets in, he won't be a semi-clone of Robin, but he'd surely feel pretty similar to Robin, and would end up just feeling pretty boring. Contrast that with literally every other choice on this list (sans Luminary) who would have a really cool and different unique moveset unlike anything we've seen in Smash so far.

I have nothing against Dragon Quest itself, and a character like Slime or maybe one of the other protags who can use monster taming might be pretty cool. It's just that, for me to like a Smash newcomer that I have no attachment to, their moveset has to be cool enough that I want to try it out. Erdrick doesn't seem like he could be that.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Actually if they made Mythra/Pyra it might be pokemon trainer esque gameplay unless which I highly doubt, they release another XC1 character.

D

Deleted member

As for the "anime swordsman" argument, I only agree with it if the anime swordsman in question brings nothing else unique. For example, Isaac would be cool because of that hand magic and earthquakes and vines and stuff. Lloyd has TWO swords. Sora has drive forms and disney teammates and several unique spells like gravity, and he can kinda float/fly. Chrono can time travel. Another Xenoblade rep would (presumably) have something similar to Shulk which is one of the coolest gimmicks ever. While I don't want another Fire Emblem character, someone like Lyn would be pretty unique with that style of swordplay. Hell, even Sephiroth would be cool with his stupidly long anime villain sword having as much range as Corrin with all his sword attacks.

The only unique spells I've seen from Erdrick are that turning to metal thing, which wouldn't really work well as a move, and possibly taming monsters like slime? But, the taming thing comes from a different character from DQ, not Erdrick. As far as what type of swordplay he uses, it doesn't seem like he's going to be super unique in that regard either. Obviously if he gets in, he won't be a semi-clone of Robin, but he'd surely feel pretty similar to Robin, and would end up just feeling pretty boring. Contrast that with literally every other choice on this list (sans Luminary) who would have a really cool and different unique moveset unlike anything we've seen in Smash so far.

I have nothing against Dragon Quest itself, and a character like Slime or maybe one of the other protags who can use monster taming might be pretty cool. It's just that, for me to like a Smash newcomer that I have no attachment to, their moveset has to be cool enough that I want to try it out. Erdrick doesn't seem like he could be that.
I keep bringing up the fact that he can use a ton of different types of weapons, it would be really easy to make a weapons-master type moveset with them lol
I do get what you're saying but I don't think you've taken everything into consideration. Of course though this is all hypothetical, the end result could be totally different.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I keep bringing up the fact that he can use a ton of different types of weapons, it would be really easy to make a weapons-master type moveset with them lol
I do get what you're saying but I don't think you've taken everything into consideration. Of course though this is all hypothetical, the end result could be totally different.
Sure, he COULD do that, but I don't think he will. Sakurai is the kind of guy to get an idea for a moveset from concept art, and as far as I can tell, in DQ3 you can equip different weapons, but they don't really have any different animations or art anything right? (I've never played DQ so I might just be stupid.) To me, this seems like trying to use every possible thing available just to make a character unique, instead of a character being inherently unique. Like, we could make Raichu more unique from Pikachu by giving him Iron Tail and Earthquake and all the other random TM moves he can learn, but if we have to do that, he probably isn't as unique as we'd want him to be. Incineroar didn't need to use anything but fire and wrestling moves to be unique, which is inherent to his character.

D

Deleted member

Sure, he COULD do that, but I don't think he will. Sakurai is the kind of guy to get an idea for a moveset from concept art, and as far as I can tell, in DQ3 you can equip different weapons, but they don't really have any different animations or art anything right? (I've never played DQ so I might just be stupid.) To me, this seems like trying to use every possible thing available just to make a character unique, instead of a character being inherently unique. Like, we could make Raichu more unique from Pikachu by giving him Iron Tail and Earthquake and all the other random TM moves he can learn, but if we have to do that, he probably isn't as unique as we'd want him to be. Incineroar didn't need to use anything but fire and wrestling moves to be unique, which is inherent to his character.
Battles in early DQ games are from a first person perspective like Earthbound, but the striking animation for each weapon is different.
And you do have a point here, but I do also think that the line between "possible" and "inherent" uniqueness is a little blurry.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Honestly, another magic swordsman that is similar to Robin will still interest me more than Incineroar's boring ass. But I think the most boring choice of third party character ever for me would be Heihachi if he makes it in. Which is why I hope we get Lloyd/Yuri or KOS-MOS as the Tales rep if we get one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, another magic swordsman that is similar to Robin will still interest me more than Incineroar's boring ***. But I think the most boring choice of third party character ever for me would be Heihachi if he makes it in.
Honestly I think they could do enough to make his magic distinct enough from Robin.
Zap can be like a remote version of Pikachu's thunder, Sizz can be a rolling wave of fire, etc. All could be charged too (not a held charge though, more like a smash attack)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Didn't Verge say the SE character would be the first revealed?

At this point I don't trust anyone when it comes to DLC.
He also said Simon would be revealed at E3.

Having info, but getting the date wrong, doesn't mean your info is incorrect.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
He also said Simon would be revealed at E3.

Having info, but getting the date wrong, doesn't mean your info is incorrect.
He actually just said Ridley would be at E3, he just lumped Simon with his other info (but either different from or after the "Ridley at E3" part of the claim).

Last edited:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Regardless if a leaker was right or wrong in the past doesn't change how skeptical you should be when they post something. PLEASE take any leaks with a grain of salt, the only evidence that will be your saving grace is video evidence and even that can still be tampered with (in more obvious ways though).

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
He actually just said Ridley would be at E3, he just lumped Simon with his other info (but after the "Ridley at E3" part of the claim).
And he Lumped the Square-Enix rep with "Gen 7 pokémon" and Ken/Isabelle back then.

That's the point I was making. With how long he "knew" about the Square-Enix rep and other people too, I truly think it's real.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Honestly, another magic swordsman that is similar to Robin will still interest me more than Incineroar's boring ***. But I think the most boring choice of third party character ever for me would be Heihachi if he makes it in. Which is why I hope we get Lloyd/Yuri or KOS-MOS as the Tales rep if we get one.
I'm pretty sure heihachi as a pac man taunt is as much as we will get about him, sakurai already said he is hard to work with (considering tekken is a fighting game taht requires moving around in a different way, it wouldn't stay true in smash , unlike ryu, who was easier to make work on a sidescreen just like smash already plays as). Lloyd is 100% MIA, there is no trace of his mii nor he is represented in any other shape or form … I think he is super likely, i'm like 90% about him + it's freaking Namco, they gotta put another rep in smash and Tales of is like SE's FF after all, it's about time we get a Tales of rep imo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No. He said Simon existed. He never said he would be at e3. I can see where the misunderstanding comes from, but let not's cling onto incorrect information as if it discredits him. That's just being unreasonable for the sake of it.

For the SE rep and Minecraft content, he said "it would be coming", and then corrected as he got more information that SE would be the first DLC rep, and that Minecraft was getting a boss(as this is the first time he got a clear set of information on the MC content itself. Rest he was guessing at due to vague information). Those were his latest words that I know of. From all he knows, they're supposed to be DLC-related, but there's a good chance he was given bad information on that. He didn't get MC content information till fairly later on, and we already know DLC got worked on far into development, at least by September. He got his DLC information close to that time, so it's not impossible for him to get correct information to some degree about DLC. I'd still consider it unlikely, and maybe there was talks of the idea of Minecraft and other Square-Enix content, not actual plans. I mean, of course they're going to discuss ideas. Misinformation can easily happen due to the phone effect(saying things over and over again that gets slightly misunderstood, changing the entire meaning).

An example of the phone effect is later on after Source Gaming corrected Sakurai's statement on Nintendo appearances for 3rd parties to be "it'd be a courtesy". People still tried to spread it as "must have a Nintendo appearance" due to the patterns that have happened, despite the fact that it's not a requirement and that's a blatant mishandling of what Sakurai actually means. It's clear he means that it's something he acknowledges as potentially useful for getting a character in. It's common sense that if you've had a Nintendo appearance, working with the company again has a better chance than trying to do it all new at that point. Not that it necessarily means it'll work out, but it's a very reasonable theory too. If you work with a company once, trying to do so again should be easier(Square-Enix has proven this to not be the case, of course. They're stingier than ever, though we got slightly more SE content than Smash 4, but still).

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I don't trust Hitagi much with Smash either but he has gotten stuff like the Granblue fighter right which is why I included him
Just because one leaker has a source in one area doesn't mean it has a second source that works in the right area for the second part. Just look at movie scoopers.. those usually focusing on one specific area because that's where their sources shine. The reason why Vergeben was right with so many characters could easily be that he has Namco sources. Hitagi being right about a totally different game doesn't really mean anything because we don't know what other sources he/she has. If Erdick (or Steve would Square not being the next in line)does end up being in, then Hitagi is worth having in mind.

Top Bottom