• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Or, they could be an English person who is at least somewhat fluent in Japanese. It's really not that unlikely. There are tons of people who are bilingual, and especially with Japanese among... weeaboos, for lack of a better term. It's a lot less effort than you're saying for someone with a basic knowledge of Japanese. Even if they weren't totally fluent, if they knew enough about grammar (or a person to help them translate) it'd be pretty easy to write it.
Actually, most weeaboos never actually learn Japanese.

Source: I have a friend who's taking Japanese, and all of the weeaboos had weaned out after 101.

I guess having a basic concept could work, but I still doubt it. English people would then need to know the layout of 2chan, which can be kind of confusing to be honest.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
"There were Sephiroth and the Mii guy from Super Mario RPG as well but in the end Sephiroth gave the seat to the Dragon Quest rep and the Mii one was in very weird position so send off to maybe another day box.
I heard that he has a good amount of fans but his original game developers are confusing about the fact that most of the requests from them are only saying just to put him in smash but there are hardly no demands for other things about him like hoping for his new game or remake of his original game or collab for non-smash games. "

Sounds definitely fake. The guy just want to sounds like a guy who has infos but who's outside of the Smash community by not knowing the name of Geno.
Also, the second paragraph is just talking for the sake of talking.

That post seems fake as hell.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
"There were Sephiroth and the Mii guy from Super Mario RPG as well but in the end Sephiroth gave the seat to the Dragon Quest rep and the Mii one was in very weird position so send off to maybe another day box.
I heard that he has a good amount of fans but his original game developers are confusing about the fact that most of the requests from them are only saying just to put him in smash but there are hardly no demands for other things about him like hoping for his new game or remake of his original game or collab for non-smash games. "

Sounds definitely fake. The guy just want to sounds like a guy who has infos but who's outside of the Smash community by not knowing the name of Geno.
Also, the second paragraph is just talking for the sake of talking.

That post seems fake as hell.
Not to mention it could be someone bandwagoning. I mean the two "leaks" were days apart. lol

D

Deleted member

This was a few pages back but I really don't appreciate the accusations towards OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer that he's just salty about DQ. Honestly it was disgusting to read through so many people agreeing to a guy telling him to "cut the crap" and "you don't give a **** about moral reasons".
You guys accused he lied and hid behind something else to... hate on a character? Do you people even realize you're taking a character in a videogame so seriously you can't accept his own opinion on the subject?
Source: I have a friend who's taking Japanese, and all of the weeaboos had weaned out after 101.
God I hate being able to say this is true based on personal experience

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
This was a few pages back but I really don't appreciate the accusations towards OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer that he's just salty about DQ. Honestly it was disgusting to read through so many people agreeing to a guy telling him to "cut the crap" and "you don't give a **** about moral reasons".
You guys accused he lied and hid behind something else to... hate on a character? Do you people even realize you're taking a character in a videogame so seriously you can't accept his own opinion on the subject?
I think it's just people being fed up with how he refuse to acknowledge at the very least DQ's importance and how 3/4 time he came here it was to play Stardust's Dragon effect "Victim Sanctuary" and downplay Geno itt fanbase and say how everyone is trashing Geno when so far more than 1/2 of the thread is about DQ
More people are against is with a ratio around 4.30 compared to the people for DQ and when people talk about Geno it's mostly positive yet he come here to tell us how we trash Geno while doing a ninjustsu "Godwin law"on DQ with the composer and unable to see any good in it.

I went myself to check and count in general.
And sorry, Even myself who can remain calm is Genuinely fed up to see him around.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Geno isn't a bombshell. No one outside of the Smash bubble cares about him.
I see this argument a lot but this honestly qualifies for a lot of characters. Palutena? Little Mac? Olimar? Ike? Shulk? Pit? Dark Samus? Ness? Captain Falcon? Bayonetta? Robin? Ice Climbers, Wolf, Young Link, Doc, Pichu, Lucas, and Roy literally had no reason to return outside of the Smash fanbase liking them. Hell, most people outside the Smash community and their respective franchise fanbases don't care about Ridley or K. Rool and were specifically noted to have gotten in due to fan demand. Then you have characters that got in despite virtually no one asking for them like Game and Watch, Wii Fit, ROB, Duck Hunt, Dark Pit, and Richter. Yeah, so let's drop this "Smash bubble" nonsense because it would honestly nuke more than half the cast given your typical buyer's tastes aren't going to extend beyond Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Sonic, and Animal Crossing.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I see this argument a lot but this honestly qualifies for a lot of characters. Palutena? Little Mac? Olimar? Ike? Shulk? Pit? Dark Samus? Ness? Captain Falcon? Bayonetta? Robin? Ice Climbers, Wolf, Young Link, Doc, Pichu, Lucas, and Roy literally had no reason to return outside of the Smash fanbase liking them. Hell, most people outside the Smash community and their respective franchise fanbases don't care about Ridley or K. Rool and were specifically noted to have gotten in due to fan demand. Then you have characters that got in despite virtually no one asking for them like Game and Watch, Wii Fit, ROB, Duck Hunt, Dark Pit, and Richter. Yeah, so let's drop this "Smash bubble" nonsense because it would honestly nuke more than half the cast given your typical buyer's tastes aren't going to extend beyond Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Sonic, and Animal Crossing.
All of those characters were on the base roster. DLC is an entirely different story.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I have to disagree on the Fire Emblem characters (somewhat) Ike is arguably the most popular (it's between him and Lyn) and both Robin and Roy is part of the more popular in the Fire Emblem fanbase, also Robin got extremely well received due to he/she was someone that finally presented the series outside of "pure swordsmen".

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I just made my account to share this information.
http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/443463387

Looks like there was an another post from the 2chan leaker.

The original Japanese post is here.
http://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1545137368/28?v=pc

I want someone can read Japanese to verify the 4chan translation.
This person knows too much for it to be credible. He'd literally have to be an executive to know the things he suggests happened. He even claims to know things like thought processes and business negotiations and that's borderline impossible unless he was practically sitting in on board meetings.

All of those characters were on the base roster. DLC is an entirely different story.
Bayonetta, Lucas, and Roy were all DLC in Smash 4 and Sakurai specifically said that Square Enix even tried talking him out of Cloud for newer characters but insisted on Cloud because of Smash requests.

Icewolff92 Icewolff92 But that's the point. The general public didn't care about Robin or Ike. There's a lot of instances where there's crossovers from the Smash fanbase and the fanbases that the characters come from. For example, people are nuts if they think people outside Smash and Bayonetta were storming the gates for her to be in Smash. As I've talked about here, Bayonetta doesn't even crack SEGA's top ten best selling series.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
This person knows too much for it to be credible. He'd literally have to be an executive to know the things he suggests happened. He even claims to know things like thought processes and business negotiations and that's borderline impossible unless he was practically sitting in on board meetings.

Bayonetta, Lucas, and Roy were all DLC in Smash 4 and Sakurai specifically said that Square Enix even tried talking him out of Cloud for newer characters but insisted on Cloud because of Smash requests.

Icewolff92 Icewolff92 But that's the point. The general public didn't care about Robin or Ike. There's a lot of instances where there's crossovers from the Smash fanbase and the fanbases that the characters come from. For example, people are nuts if they think people outside Smash and Bayonetta were storming the gates for her to be in Smash. As I've talked about here, Bayonetta doesn't even crack SEGA's top ten best selling series.
I took it as the fanbase of said series doesn't even lash on to these characters which is why I reacted. My bad

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No, it's fine but the point is that Sakurai often busts into the break rooms of fanbases, makes himself a cup of coffee, and pays attention to what they have to say. The general public does not care about Richter but Castlevania fans do and that's what's important. Same could be said about Bayo, K. Rool, Shulk, and Palutena. Geno's not that different in that regard. If you say Super Mario RPG isn't important to Mario fans, you're a smelly liar, further highlighted by the fact that Nintendo wouldn't have rereleased the game 3 times in 10 years if no one cared. Super Mario RPG music tracks wouldn't regularly have hundreds of thousands of views if it was totally irrelevant to the fanbase. Rawest Forest alone has almost 5 million views. The original game sold about 2 million copies and the SNES Classic alone has gotten into the hands of at least 7 million people worldwide so it's not like it's totally unknown either. Yeah, your typical Pokemon Go player may not know who the Hell Geno is but that's not a super huge detriment when Smash fans making videos of their parents and significant others trying to guess the names of Smash characters and getting maybe 5 right at best is an ongoing meme.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To be fair, as an echo, Richter was a lot easier to get a hold of. Especially since Simon borrowed moves from him and vice versa anyway.
But it's still development time and resources to put him in. He wasn't a literal copy and paste. Money and man hours still had to be poured into him to put him in the game. That's why the echoes still count, they're just theoretically less work and less expensive to make but definitely not necessary.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
In terms of the whole thing with DQ and Geno fans being kind of going at one another...

I'm of the opinion that expressing yourself is fine, but it really has to be done with tact and respect. Personally, in my biased viewpoint, I'd be disappointed with Erdrick and wonder, "Where is Geno, though?" However, I have nothing but respect and appreciation for the fans who want Erdrick in, and if they get their boy, I think it's only fair to congratulate them on their accomplishment of getting him into Smash. Maturity is key in your viewpoints and how you respond to other people's. It'd be silly to expect people to just 'suck it up' when it comes to their favorite characters not getting in, but it's equally so to jump down people's throats if their viewpoints on your preferred character don't line up with your own.

This is a general thing, nothing meant against anyone in specific in this thread. Remember, we all are very alike in terms of fighting for what we want and what we love, even if our end games aren't the same. We're all in this together, yo.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
In terms of the whole thing with DQ and Geno fans being kind of going at one another...

I'm of the opinion that expressing yourself is fine, but it really has to be done with tact and respect. Personally, in my biased viewpoint, I'd be disappointed with Erdrick and wonder, "Where is Geno, though?" However, I have nothing but respect and appreciation for the fans who want Erdrick in, and if they get their boy, I think it's only fair to congratulate them on their accomplishment of getting him into Smash. Maturity is key in your viewpoints and how you respond to other people's. It'd be silly to expect people to just 'suck it up' when it comes to their favorite characters not getting in, but it's equally so to jump down people's throats if their viewpoints on your preferred character don't line up with your own.

This is a general thing, nothing meant against anyone in specific in this thread. Remember, we all are very alike in terms of fighting for what we want and what we love, even if our end games aren't the same. We're all in this together, yo.
Beautifully spoken. Honestly if the Erdrick leak is true, I do wish they could both make it in somehow.

D

Deleted member

Well said. I've been trying to keep it cool here but I think we could all do to take it a step back.
I don't have anything against Geno, in fact, I would be pretty happy with him. The only reason I'm not directly supporting him is because I just happen to like what he's up against more I guess, lol. In an ideal world everyone on the list would be in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

Well said.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
So I went to sleep and everyone decided to start collectively ****ting on me and calling my very motivation behind my dislike of Eldrick to question?

Very cool.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
This was a few pages back but I really don't appreciate the accusations towards OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer that he's just salty about DQ. Honestly it was disgusting to read through so many people agreeing to a guy telling him to "cut the crap" and "you don't give a **** about moral reasons".

God I hate being able to say this is true based on personal experience
I’d argue saying a character shouldn’t be in due to “moral reasoning” is the point where one is taking things “too seriously”.

Maybe I took things too far, but I’m just sick of him constantly ****ting on DQ and then playing victim when someone attacks Geno. And I’m a Geno fan. Look at my first post on this site, what thread is it in?(Actually don’t, it’s realy cringe and was written when I was younger). I totally get people have problems with him. One user even mentioned having lost family in Nagasaki. I just don’t think it’s cool to get up on a high horse and say how it’s morally wrong for a character for a series to get in, even though the series itself does not promote these views and the other people who have worked on this series do not share these views. When you’re constantly going around saying this, it just comes off as trying shame others by being “morally in the right”. And when you constantly bring it up over and over again, it seems like the concern is not genuine.

But I’m sorry, I should have been tamer when addressing the issue.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Well bringing up morals was striking pretty low. He pretty much beat around the bush and implied the people supporting Erdrick's release are making a morally wrong decision. Like ok, so just because some guy that makes music for a game made a controversial statement doesn't mean that buying the game makes you a bad person. There's all kinds of racist, homophobic, ignorant people in the world who work in video game companies it is just a matter of if they make it known or not.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
theoretically less work and less expensive to make but definitely not necessary.
Just theoretically? Dude, clone characters from the day they were born have been proven to cost less than new fighters.

Now, if it were someone like Ken maybe, but Richter's one of the more identical of the echo fighters. I mean, if they didn't really cost less, then why wouldn't new fighters be made out of them instead?
see this argument a lot but this honestly qualifies for a lot of characters.
Hmmmm, I dunno. Circumstances regarding them may differ quite a bit from Geno.

The Fire Emblem characters speak for themselves. First and foremost they promote the series that's still running. And hey, they get a lot of love even outside the Smash fanbase, Ike, Marth and Roy particularly. Chrom had quite the following to boot too hence him showing up in other material like Project x Zone 2.
Ice Climbers, Wolf, Young Link, Doc, Pichu, Lucas, and Roy literally had no reason to return outside of the Smash fanbase liking them.
Ice Climbers and Roy garnered their grits and fans by being in a Smash game though. Doctor Mario was already back thanks to Smash 4 anyway. And as for them and Pichu being back, well "Everyone Is Here". However, that point doesn't apply to Wolf who had cred well outside just Smash. See, the thing wwith a lot of those kinds of characterscompared to Geno is that they more consistent support, i.e. more than one game that they starred in that garnered more fans. Or in Ness and Lucas' cases, game series that were still in the public eye (the hunt for officially localized Mother 3 still goes on to this day).

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Olimar is like a B Lister for Nintendo franchises, and he was requested for Brawl because Pikmin is a significant IP for them. I'd count Olimar out of that list tbh

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Just theoretically? Dude, clone characters from the day they were born have been proven to cost less than new fighters.

Now, if it were someone like Ken maybe, but Richter's one of the more identical of the echo fighters. I mean, if they didn't really cost less, then why wouldn't new fighters be made out of them instead?
I think it was less an issue of cost, and more an issue of time. Richter, for instance, still has to have a model made from scratch, and that model has to fit to simon's rigging. The time saving aspect comes from not having to invent and balance his moveset.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm inclined to believe that the Smash bubble has a much more serious negative connotation for this DLC cycle than any time characters have been picked in the past. Sakurai was the one who picked characters from all sort of weird places and gave a home to otherwise irrelevant characters. But Sakurai has implied that he has only picked from the choices Nintendo gave him, and suddenly all of our conceived notions of how characters are chosen goes on its head.

We're flying in to relatively uncharted territory as far as a Smash roster is concerned, and with only Joker to show any sort of idea going forward, there's not much to work on. The more tired discussions that we previously put to bed now have to be thought of in a new light, and I think the Smash bubble has to be one of those things. In the past, none of it mattered as long as Sakurai could get the character and decided they were worthwhile. Now, Nintendo at the helm has noticeably worried people for a reason. Joker (IMO at least) was a great first choice that seemed mostly antithetical to the worst fears of Nintendo advertisement, but will the future hold that same promise? Does Nintendo give a **** in the slightest about a character that has basically the entire fandom centered around Smash and absolutely nothing else?

Again, my hope has been that Geno would either appear popular enough or Sakurai would suggest him at least enough to put him on the mythical Nintendo list... but that's all I've got for his honest chances at this point. If one of those things didn't happen, Geno has no real shot anymore. Because at the end of the day, I will strongly believe Geno's only chance lies with his popularity within the fan base, and I do wonder how far that actually reaches sometimes. He's in a weird place in that I think he's mostly been made popular by the fan base since I doubt many people have discovered Super Mario RPG as of recent, and if they have, I'm still not sure that makes them a Geno fan on principle. His popularity exists because a dedicated group of fans have continued to push for him and show other people how interesting he could be. He's the ultimate fan request moment they could go for because he has so few merits on his own and absolutely would be basically forgotten, if not for the fan base.

I see people often try to push the narrative of Super Mario RPG fan = Geno fan, however, and I do have to disagree with that. As has been mentioned before in this thread, there are lots of elements in Super Mario RPG that have carried on and are independently interesting and relevant to the Mario RPG series. You have to get to a certain point in the game to meet Geno, so anybody who didn't make it far enough never knew who he was. And if they did, they're not necessarily huge fans of him. They often can be, but I don't think he's necessarily endeared himself the same way as he has to the fan base with everyone. Especially when it comes to people trying to use the SNES Classic as a means of showing his popularity... that's a console with 20 other games and I highly suspect a number of people who bought that console never even booted up that specific game (or any of the RPGs for that matter), let alone gave it a playthrough. Geno also gets a handful of people saying he would have a bigger impact than several third parties, and I just cannot see that. No matter how requested he is, I think you're going to see the much bigger reaction with huge crossover moments always. Those are areas where I see his popularity get perhaps the most exaggerated.

But I won't deny, he's also maintained popularity despite the number of detractors and has continually shown up on polls. So he's in a very weird place going into this DLC cycle. He's such an easy win, but do the people at Nintendo of Japan even remember him? And if they do, do they care enough to make a suggestion for his inclusion in Smash when there may be other opportunities on the table?

That's sort of my take on Geno's popularity and situation going in to the DLC. I see Dragon Quest as increasingly likely, but Geno still has a bit of a shot as the dark horse in this Square race since he just will not ever go away thanks to the fans (Which is really, really cool for me at least).

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I think it was less an issue of cost, and more an issue of time. Richter, for instance, still has to have a model made from scratch, and that model has to fit to simon's rigging. The time saving aspect comes from not having to invent and balance his moveset.
Well cost or time, that proves the point that echo fighters definitely take up less assets speaking in costly terms. Compared to new fighters all on their own.

Also, making a model and fitting it to an already made rig, does indeed save money. Every asset counts.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Well bringing up morals was striking pretty low. He pretty much beat around the bush and implied the people supporting Erdrick's release are making a morally wrong decision. Like ok, so just because some guy that makes music for a game made a controversial statement doesn't mean that buying the game makes you a bad person. There's all kinds of racist, homophobic, ignorant people in the world who work in video game companies it is just a matter of if they make it known or not.
I can't know every bigoted person who is in the industry. But if I can avoid paying a well known, vocal bigot, then I will.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Echo fighters are more than likely cheaper to make but the reason they were probably created was to save time based on previous statements made by Sakurai.
-------------------------------------
References

SSBwiki
Originally, Masahiro Sakurai was going to include significantly fewer playable characters in Melee. However, with fans wanting more characters while time was constrictive, Sakurai decided to add clones later in development to pad out the roster, as these characters would take a lot less time to develop than unique characters[3]. This led to Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, Falco, Roy, and Ganondorf being added to the cast as clones. Luigi and Jigglypuff also returned, though Luigi was significantly decloned into a semi-clone, and Jigglypuff was decloned to the point of not even being a semi-clone anymore.
Sakura's Famitsu Column Vol. 461 - 464 "I answer some questions"
There are three clones on the roster. Initially they were created as alternates [3], but during development they started to develop their own individual traits related to balancing, so we ended up making them different characters in order to separate their records [4]. However, it was of the utmost importance that the workload on the project was not increased. They wouldn’t make it in if balancing had to be done from the start, so they were balanced relative to their original [5].
-------------------------------------
The same reasoning can almost be assumed for echo fighters, it is an educated guess but it is backed up by things Sakurai has said in the past.

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
So I went to sleep and everyone decided to start collectively ****ting on me and calling my very motivation behind my dislike of Eldrick to question?

Very cool.
Except you don't dislike Erdrick. Or Dragon Quest. You've supplied no actual reason why you dislike either of those.

You've vocalized your (well-placed) disdain for the composer. That is not an actual reason to hate Erdrick or Dragon Quest.

It's fine to not buy the character if he does happen to come out, but you've spent this entire time misdirecting hate that should only go towards the composer towards the character and series. Give an actual reason why you dislike the character/series and you'll be taken more seriously.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Modeling and rigging are done by different departments, so Its more work for the modeling department. Making a character based from another one is relatively easier than creating one from scratch as you have a reference already.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Except you don't dislike Erdrick. Or Dragon Quest. You've supplied no actual reason why you dislike either of those.

You've vocalized your (well-placed) disdain for the composer. That is not an actual reason to hate Erdrick or Dragon Quest.

It's fine to not buy the character if he does happen to come out, but you've spent this entire time misdirecting hate towards the composer towards the character and series. Give an actual reason why you dislike the character/series and you'll be taken more seriously.
The don't buy it option is kind of moot right now; since I bought on good faith because of the Joker.

Also I mean I find DQ pretty milktoast; but that's not the main reason why I don't want it in Smash. It's the principle of the whole thing. Being a pure marketing pick and the royalties that would need to be paid for the music.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
The don't buy it option is kind of moot right now; since I bought on good faith because of the Joker.

Also I mean I find DQ pretty milktoast; but that's not the main reason why I don't want it in Smash. It's the principle of the whole thing. Being a pure marketing pick and the royalties that would need to be paid for the music.
I'm sorry you feel coerced into having to get Erdrick (if he does happen) because of the pass, but at least with the pass you spent less money than if you had actually bought the character individually, so less goes to the guy.

I have no real interest in Dragon Quest either, but to call it 'purely a marketing pick' is still pretty unfair. Dragon Quest's legacy is HUGE, it's so big the release is practically a holiday in Japan, something on that scale has claim to legitimate gaming fame and would be pretty fair to be in Smash. (Plus, the Smash community rarely knows what would actually be a good choice. People used to say Pac-Man would make no sense until he actually happened.)

I really do feel for your hatred of the composer, it's a shame a guy like that has to be attached to a project as big as Dragon Quest. But you've escalated from 'I regret buying the bundle because now some of my money goes to the composer' to now saying 'Dragon Quest absolutely doesn't deserve to ever show up in Smash because of the composer' and that's unfair.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I just made my account to share this information.
http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/443463387

Looks like there was an another post from the 2chan leaker.

The original Japanese post is here.
http://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1545137368/28?v=pc

I want someone can read Japanese to verify the 4chan translation.
396ba4aca6b7faf93bee71059cd7e55a.jpg

This is almost certainly fake. Points for effort though.

There's also no way to tell if this is a continuation to the original 2chan leak of a piggyback of it. My guess goes to the latter.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

If you bought the Season Pass on faith, you have no one to blame but yourself and there's no use complaining about that fact on here. I'm sorry to be this blunt, but seriously, that's the risk of buying a pass or any other item where you don't know the exact contents. You should never buy anything purely on the faith. If you know you're going to enjoy all of the content released regardless of the specifics, than go ahead and buy a season pass. They outline what they will give you in the pass. That's the content you basically agree to buy when you make that purchase; 5 fighters, 5 stages, and music.

You've not been forced to buy anything, you made an active decision to buy the pass for whatever personal reasons. I won't criticize anyone for buying the pass explicitly this early, but you don't get to be disappointed with the options after the fact because you agreed to literally anything they put in front of you the minute you bought the pass. I've seen you complain a lot of this specific issue, and I'm sorry you're disappointed. But that's also just the reality of this situation.

Let it be a learning experience for the future to not buy passes unless you're more certain, or maybe take the time to consider that the pass is $25. If you really wanna look at it from a different perspective, you bought the 4 other characters for their regular $24 and a Rex Mii costume for a $1. Or in the very least, maybe you're supporting the composer slightly less than you would have by outright buying the character. That's the best advice I can give you for that part of your situation.

D

Deleted member

https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ultimate-destiny.84900/page-291#post-16151338
I agree with Ryce here.
Not saying anything about Erdrick as I do believe a DQ rep is being picked, but I don't think any character will have leaked in this much detail, unless the leaker is a higher up at Sora LTD.
This is a reasonable take. With no new info from insiders all we can do is play the waiting game.
If the 2ch leak is right about what Joker brings then I'll be sold on Erdrick.

Top Bottom