• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It doesnt exactly make you look good to defend it that way when it's not true that lying is the standard for these particular cases for ndas. Doesn't mean it isn't the case, but i would give it more a 70/30 chance. 70 for deconfirmation, and 30 for covering up.

I do blame the fans for swinging all the way to the other side in reaction, even if I understand it, I dont condone it. I get that you dont like the attitude of saying it's 100% deconfirmed, I would say that I dont like it either. I'm just ****ing tired of people fighting fire with fire. It's not neutral. Not that I would expect someone to be neutral, just to not do a disservice.
It makes us look worse when we let such attitude of ignorance slide. Not sure how else you fight stubborn idiots who want to accept anything as deconfirmation just as a means to shut down a character's speculation that they don't like because of anti bias. Either you prove them wrong or you let it slide, if it's choice of words then that's just personal preference of how you like debunking misinformation to be handled, lol. That's water against fire, water being the truth on how things work and fire being the lies being spread around. Trust me, I'm also tired, many of us are tired of all this, If you have a better way to get rid of fake news that are going HARD on how they get to people in order to make them be misinformed, by all means tell us how. If we are not loud against something louder, we are not heard, it's that simple when it comes to the huge thing we know as Internet, sadly. I wish there was other ways and more effective, but people buy into bull**** way too easily these days, more and more lately, so unless you're loud and clear (specially clear), you're not gonna be heard and the misinformation will keep being spread and taken as value.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It makes us look worse when we let such attitude of ignorance slide. Not sure how else you fight stubborn idiots who want to accept anything as deconfirmation just as a means to shut down a character's speculation that they don't like because of anti bias. Either you prove them wrong or you let it slide, if it's choice of words then that's just personal preference of how you like debunking misinformation to be handled, lol. That's water against fire, water being the truth on how things work and fire being the lies being spread around. Trust me, I'm also tired, many of us are tired of all this, If you have a better way to get rid of fake news that are going HARD on how they get to people in order to make them be misinformed, by all means tell us how. If we are not loud against something louder, we are not heard, it's that simple when it comes to the huge thing we know as Internet, sadly. I wish there was other ways and more effective, but people buy into bull**** way too easily these days, more and more lately, so unless you're loud and clear (specially clear), you're not gonna be heard and the misinformation will keep being spread and taken as value.
You just dont use bad info to fight bad info, that's all. It makes you look like the stubborn ones and then some of them feel the need to fight back and say how dumb it is for you to think those things (that are exaggerated). Anyway, at the same time i think it's good if you can vent about it, just not go overboard.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Doesn't change the fact that what he says there is 100% true.

He is 100% right. But sadly, most people will be stubborn and deny the facts still, mostly because of bias against him.

More like Sora fans are tired of people thinking it's 100% deconfirmation rather, because THAT is the issue going on since that hashimoto picture tweet appeared, that many people started saying "hurr durr it's 100% deconfirmed". We all know it's a 50/50 chance, but many idiots refuse to understand how NDA works or that it's even a thing that exists. Can't blame the character's fans for getting annoyed at such stupidity, and this applies to every time a character's developers say "no", idiots just sprout all over the place saying "it's 100% deconfirmed, pack it up". It's not just with Sora, people just get a boner when it's about Sora because there is a lot of bias against him so it's more noticeable, lol. And I will defend this whenever it happens to any other character as well, not just Sora but with ANYONE, because the attitude of people going on saying a character is deconfirmed just because they can't accept NDA is a thing and how it works, is just idiotic (and many of those are willing to remain full of ignorance just for the sake of being haters, and that needs to be stopped already, altho I know sadly idiots can't be changed, lol.)

Also hmk IS spreading balance there, he is saying that regardless of Sora being in or not, this is not solid deconfirmation, because NDA IS a thing. He can be in, and he can not be in. People can still speculate about him if they so want to. That's pretty balanced imo. He is not going "he is not deconfirmed, so he is totally getting in" or viceversa, he is being neutral about it and just stating the facts as they truly are to shut down the wrongly spread belief that's going around. Nothing wrong about that all, in fact it's needed and appreciated, for not just Sora but any character when a developer says "no" when being asked such things.
Let me just make this clear to really get my point. I'm not saying the vid is wrong, I'm simply stating my dislike of HMK in general.

That being said I can get where you're coming from since Erdrick fans have faced the same things before from Sora fans. Hate boners are a problem and it's quite frankly annoying for many of us. So it just comes down to people being hella stupid haha.

But at the same time because of all this bad crap I'm kind of sick of explaining myself since the cycle never really ends so I'm just going to be patient when E3 comes around.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Let me just make this clear to really get my point. I'm not saying the vid is wrong, I'm simply stating my dislike of HMK in general.

That being said I can get where you're coming from since Erdrick fans have faced the same things before from Sora fans. Hate boners are a problem and it's quite frankly annoying for many of us. So it just comes down to people being hella stupid haha.

But at the same time because of all this bad crap I'm kind of sick of explaining myself since the cycle never really ends so I'm just going to be patient when E3 comes around.
haha yeah, it goes with many characters lately. God knows it happens with my actual most desired character too, Banjo as you might know already haha. The Smash fandom's toxic side is just stressful as hell… I wish it just didn't exist lol, it ruins the fun of the hype train so much, that's why i'm so hard on defending the truth, because I don't want the hype train to be ruined by some fools or people in denial or whatever :p

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
haha yeah, it goes with many characters lately. God knows it happens with my actual most desired character too, Banjo as you might know already haha. The Smash fandom's toxic side is just stressful as hell… I wish it just didn't exist lol, it ruins the fun of the hype train so much, that's why i'm so hard on defending the truth, because I don't want the hype train to be ruined by some fools or people in denial or whatever :p
Its especially frustrating in our respective server on discord as you have people who constantly undermine your character out of disinterest at times. That or how a character isnt happening over some kind of belief system. Its disheartening to say the least.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Its especially frustrating in our respective server on discord as you have people who constantly undermine your character out of disinterest at times. That or how a character isnt happening over some kind of belief system. Its disheartening to say the least.
Yeah it doesn't help that most of those people are kids who are growing up in an era of trolls and memes… damn I sound old when I say this but when I was in my teens, it definitely wasn't like this lol. Just praying E3 gives us actually a dual reveal and it's Banjo and whoever the **** from Square Enix so we can move on to speculate totally unknown territory for the remaining 2, which personally I think one of them is most likely a Namco one, but that's off topic here haha.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Yeah it doesn't help that most of those people are kids who are growing up in an era of trolls and memes… damn I sound old when I say this but when I was in my teens, it definitely wasn't like this lol. Just praying E3 gives us actually a dual reveal and it's Banjo and whoever the **** from Square Enix so we can move on to speculate totally unknown territory for the remaining 2, which personally I think one of them is most likely a Namco one, but that's off topic here haha.
I'll just my two cents on a couple of characters that's been talked about lately.

Erdrick/Luminary: As you know and many people in the square server know I'm a huge fan of a DQ rep even before I played the franchise. I felt that the growing legacy of the series deserved a chance to get in. Erdrick is a safe choice since hes the most popular hero, however Luminary is the most recent and my favourite as seen in my name. I also felt like the characters moveset potential has consistently been slept on since the Erdrick board as well as myself have developed several potential movesets for him.

Sora: my younger self wouldve loved Sora, and while I dont really need to have him anymore, I still think he would be a cool choice. Especially if weapon switching or drive forms were part of his moveset and not just spells. I like the concept of air combat as well since I like the glide. I'd love to have Sora in but I want him to get in after our DQ rep gets in.

Sephiroth: I really like Sephiroth as a character, however I dont think he is as likely as some people make it out to be. While it is true that FF7R is happening and would be good for promotion, we already had Cloud who was just that in the previous game. Plus I have yet to see a 3rd party character that came from the same franchise. Its also a bit disheartening sometimes since people forget that there is another franchise getting promoted at E3 as well (Dragon Quest). Still moveset potential would be dope and I'd still be happy for him.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
i just recently beat kick Zoma's hind and im currently looking around for some fanmade Erdrick movesets and i can put together in a idea space.
i saw a fanmade Neku moveset picture and i feel pretty inspired to just do something similar for Erdrick

although, i feel i won't be as creative like that image since Neku is pretty much a moveset monster right here. unless i was Sakurai's creative mind, it'd be no fear for me

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'll just my two cents on a couple of characters that's been talked about lately.

Erdrick/Luminary: As you know and many people in the square server know I'm a huge fan of a DQ rep even before I played the franchise. I felt that the growing legacy of the series deserved a chance to get in. Erdrick is a safe choice since hes the most popular hero, however Luminary is the most recent and my favourite as seen in my name. I also felt like the characters moveset potential has consistently been slept on since the Erdrick board as well as myself have developed several potential movesets for him.

Sora: my younger self wouldve loved Sora, and while I dont really need to have him anymore, I still think he would be a cool choice. Especially if weapon switching or drive forms were part of his moveset and not just spells. I like the concept of air combat as well since I like the glide. I'd love to have Sora in but I want him to get in after our DQ rep gets in.

Sephiroth: I really like Sephiroth as a character, however I dont think he is as likely as some people make it out to be. While it is true that FF7R is happening and would be good for promotion, we already had Cloud who was just that in the previous game. Plus I have yet to see a 3rd party character that came from the same franchise. Its also a bit disheartening sometimes since people forget that there is another franchise getting promoted at E3 as well (Dragon Quest). Still moveset potential would be dope and I'd still be happy for him.
I've always been a fan of aerial combat (when done right), so i do think it'd be cool to see a chracter make more use of it, and not just combos like bayonetta. :)

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I've always been a fan of aerial combat (when done right), so i do think it'd be cool to see a chracter make more use of it, and not just combos like bayonetta. :)
Sorry if this is off topic, but I'm curious: who is your profile picture of? It looks like a Senran Kagura art style but it doesn't look familiar

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sorry if this is off topic, but I'm curious: who is your profile picture of? It looks like a Senran Kagura art style but it doesn't look familiar
Haha you're spot on. I actually wasn't sure if it was, but yeah, and someone tried to make the character look like girl erdrick (with custom stuff, i guess). I just like that it's a 3d model :)

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Haha you're spot on. I actually wasn't sure if it was, but yeah, and someone tried to make the character look like girl erdrick (with custom stuff, i guess). I just like that it's a 3d model :)
Oh that's pretty cool! So someone made female Erdrick in the style of Senran Kagura?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh that's pretty cool! So someone made female Erdrick in the style of Senran Kagura?
I'm not sure because it was all in japanese, but they could've maybe just used custom stuff and accessories from the game to do it. The clothes dont really look like a hero's, but maybe it was the closest color. It was still neat to see.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm not sure because it was all in japanese, but they could've maybe just used custom stuff and accessories from the game to do it. The clothes dont really look like a hero's, but maybe it was the closest color. It was still neat to see.
That's really cool. As you can see, I love Senran Kagura and female Erdrick is my most-wanted DLC character so I really like that they did that for you

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's really cool. As you can see, I love Senran Kagura and female Erdrick is my most-wanted DLC character so I really like that they did that for you
Heh. I just came across it when I was searching for any girl erdrick art I could find. Most of it is on japanese sites or twitter. but I did find a lot of it the other day :). It's not often that people try to make 3d models tho. There wwere a few others too:

20170807-dqmatsuri-16.jpg
09f7ed06.jpg

Not sure in which games they were made tho, maybe just DQ10.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
You know I think a port of Kingdom Hearts whether its the Kingdom Hearts collection or just KH 1 & 2 is only a matter of time, with so many ports coming to Switch lately. It feels like it will happen soon, I cant see Disney or Square passing up the opportunity on that. Its actually surprising that it hasn't happened yet, given on the easy money it would be for all three companies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know I think a port of Kingdom Hearts whether its the Kingdom Hearts collection or just KH 1 & 2 is only a matter of time, with so many ports coming to Switch lately. It feels like it will happen soon, I cant see Disney or Square passing up the opportunity on that. Its actually surprising that it hasn't happened yet, given on the easy money it would be for all three companies.
At the very least, I get the feeling that there will be new Kingdom Hearts games for the Switch, as there has been many KH games that came out on Nintendo handhelds first. Doubt that habbit will change.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
At the very least, I get the feeling that there will be new Kingdom Hearts games for the Switch, as there has been many KH games that came out on Nintendo handhelds first. Doubt that habbit will change.
I agree my friend, perhaps now that Square will be taking Sony's place at E3. And they are rumored to be talking about KH3 DLC at E3, they'll take this time to announce Kingdom Hearts collection coming to Switch or something like that. Until then we got Disney Tsum Tsum ha!

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I agree my friend, perhaps now that Square will be taking Sony's place at E3. And they are rumored to be talking about KH3 DLC at E3, they'll take this time to announce Kingdom Hearts collection coming to Switch or something like that. Until then we got Disney Tsum Tsum ha!
cool well looks like most of us might enjoy seeing collections announced for the switch, whether KH, DQ, or even more FF? :)

I'd mention chrono trigger too if it mattered, but all i want for it is a new game ;p

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
cool well looks like most of us might enjoy seeing collections announced for the switch, whether KH, DQ, or even more FF? :)

I'd mention chrono trigger too if it mattered, but all i want for it is a new game ;p
Id be down for all of those, im actually pretty interested in the DGXI port and am planning on buying it. All of you Erdrick fans got me convinced that Im missing out on something :). Also for the sake of my amazing friends EarlTamm EarlTamm Ovaltine Ovaltine AugustusB AugustusB Luigi The President Luigi The President hopefully a remake of Super Mario RPG is secretly being worked on and will be released in the next year or so. Also a new mystical ninja for my buddy GoeGoe GoeGoe .

I mean none of this is too far fecthed, lots of ports and remakes are happening so its definitely all possible.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Id be down for all of those, im actually pretty interested in the DGXI port and am planning on buying it. All of you Erdrick fans got me convinced that Im missing out on something :). Also for the sake of my amazing friends EarlTamm EarlTamm Ovaltine Ovaltine AugustusB AugustusB Luigi The President Luigi The President hopefully a remake of Super Mario RPG is secretly being worked on and will be released in the next year or so. Also a new mystical ninja for my buddy GoeGoe GoeGoe .

I mean none of this is too far fecthed, lots of ports and remakes are happening so its definitely all possible.
Yeah for sure. Maybe not all of it, but any of that could happen. and I'm pretty hype for the surprise factor :)
I havent played DQ11 yet myself so that's something i'd wait for the switch version too. Definitely looks like a good rpg.

2 weeks feels pretty close now.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Yeah for sure. Maybe not all of it, but any of that could happen. and I'm pretty hype for the surprise factor :)
I havent played DQ11 yet myself so that's something i'd wait for the switch version too. Definitely looks like a good rpg.

2 weeks feels pretty close now.
You son of a *****. Play it rofl jk.

We should definitely have a super Mario rpg port, maybe even a remake. I wish Square Enix did a crossover with all these characters as like this giant JRPG but they've always made stupid decisions :p

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Actually while were waiting for E3, I thought this might be a good time for some Square E3 predictions. What are 5 predictions you have for the Square E3 announcements? Three are realistic and two can be out there.

For me its the following

Realistic:
1)
Square will show gameplay of Avengers game and reveal more footage of FF7 remake
2) More discussion of DQXI port coming to Switch and Dragon Quest Builders
3) Kingdom Hearts DLC talks and reveals

Out there:
1) They will announce that FF16 is coming
2) Chrono Trigger is being remastered and Kingdom Hearts collection is coming to Switch

Way Out There:
1) It will be revealed that the next Kingdom Hearts game will travel Square worlds instead of Disney ones

I just added that last one for fun :p.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Actually while were waiting for E3, I thought this might be a good time for some Square E3 predictions. What are 5 predictions you have for the Square E3 announcements? Three are realistic and two can be out there.

For me its the following

Realistic:
1)
Square will show gameplay of Avengers game and reveal more footage of FF7 remake

Out there:
2) Chrono Trigger is being remastered and Kingdom Hearts collection is coming to Switch

Way Out There:
1) It will be revealed that the next Kingdom Hearts game will travel Square worlds instead of Disney ones

I just added that last one for fun :p.
Add a DQ12 or a DQ3 remake as part of the out there pile.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yes, DQ3 remake, please! I've never played DQ3
Even just the collection with it would be great. and supposedly one's coming, so maybe you'll get to play it :)
I mean, anyone could play it now, but making it more accessible would work really good.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hey, I noticed a bit of negativity (not necessarily in this thread) going around, so I just wanted to give a little uplifting positivity to everyone and their most wanted SE reps (at least of the Square Seven, or else I'd be here forever).

Erdrick/DQ fans, you do not deserve to be trashed just because your loved series is the talk of the town and isn't huge in the 'Smash bubble'. Dragon Quest is a huge deal with a great legacy. Never be ashamed of loving what you've got here, because this is something very special.

Sephiroth/FF7 fans, I hope the remake turns out well and FF7 gets as much love as it deserves for eons to come. Sephiroth, if Cloud returns as DLC in future Smash games, may come to Smash yet anyhow. Keep your chins up!

Crono fans, y'all probably have it even harder than Geno's fans sometimes. CT feels like a shoe-in for a Switch port of some kind, though, at least. Your legendary game will never be forgotten and is so beloved. That's something to be proud of.

Sora fans, I really hope E3 is bright for you and for KH3. I know things seem bleak, but hopefully, whatever else SE has cooking up for you will make up for it.

Geno fans, he's adorable and don't you ever forget it. :drflip:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey, I noticed a bit of negativity (not necessarily in this thread) going around, so I just wanted to give a little uplifting positivity to everyone and their most wanted SE reps (at least of the Square Seven, or else I'd be here forever).

Erdrick/DQ fans, you do not deserve to be trashed just because your loved series is the talk of the town and isn't huge in the 'Smash bubble'. Dragon Quest is a huge deal with a great legacy. Never be ashamed of loving what you've got here, because this is something very special.

Sephiroth/FF7 fans, I hope the remake turns out well and FF7 gets as much love as it deserves for eons to come. Sephiroth, if Cloud returns as DLC in future Smash games, may come to Smash yet anyhow. Keep your chins up!

Crono fans, y'all probably have it even harder than Geno's fans sometimes. CT feels like a shoe-in for a Switch port of some kind, though, at least. Your legendary game will never be forgotten and is so beloved. That's something to be proud of.

Sora fans, I really hope E3 is bright for you and for KH3. I know things seem bleak, but hopefully, whatever else SE has cooking up for you will make up for it.

That's pretty sweet of you, I appreciate seeing it ;)

D

Deleted member

Leave it to SE to be incompetent as all hell when it comes to modern ports, I'd love to be playing CT on a modern console.
That aside though, the positivity is always welcome. I don't see why people are so hostile over this in the first place

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

Wish we had more people like you in the world.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I was talking DLC but now that I think about it hm....
I was guessing that you were talking about DLC, but even then, I would argue that those two are an argument for Sephiroth (or more importantly, a 3rd party character from a franchise that is already represented in general) rather than against.

For me its the following

Realistic:
1)

Out there:

Way Out There:
I¨m with you on your real ones.
Let me add Kingdom Hearts port as a maybe considering the rumor a while back and every freaking port that is coming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhgm5abcW74&ab_channel=GameXplain

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I was guessing that you were talking about DLC, but even then, I would argue that those two are an argument for Sephiroth (or more importantly, a 3rd party character from a franchise that is already represented in general) rather than against.

I¨m with you on your real ones.
Let me add Kingdom Hearts port as a maybe considering the rumor a while back and every freaking port that is coming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhgm5abcW74&ab_channel=GameXplain
That is true, everyone of the square seven is essentially 3rd party after all.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
That is true, everyone of the square seven is essentially 3rd party after all.
I was more talking in general. Thanks to Richter and Ken, I don¨t think characters like Raiden. Chun Li, Tails or Sephiroth is out of the picture.

Btw, side question to everyone. What is the odds for two square characters? I mean... considering that Square wants to push DQ, and they have the FF7 remake on the horizon that they could use Sephiroth for.

I mean, if Stealth is to be believed, he said month back that Cloud was the hardest one to get for the base game (which I can believe considering Ultimate is the only game that has Square content in the base game).... I know it might be a long shot, but for the sake of the discussion why not bring it up

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I literally could not read anything that went down last page because something kept ****ing up my phone. But thanks Ovaltine Ovaltine for the kind words.

Calane

Smash Ace
A user in a Resetera thread posted this DQ trailer I've never seen. It's where those cool GIFs came from. Thought I'd post it here.

D

Deleted member

A user in a Resetera thread posted this DQ trailer I've never seen. It's where those cool GIFs came from. Thought I'd post it here.

I LOVE this animation style. I hope a future game in the series can adopt something similar to it.
Also, in case anyone is wondering, the game is Monster Battle Road Victory.

Top Bottom