• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Remember the Bayonetta and Kamiya deal back then? yeah… point made.
Not saying it is 100% a no, but comparing Kamiya with Shinji is a stretch. You gotta check their history.
Shinji doesn't usually go for this kind of stance.

I really hope that’s true that the DLC at E3 for KH3 is amazing. Personally KH3 to me was a letdown. The pacing towards the end was really fast and made it super confusing. Also they made the gameplay too different, too simple from where KH2 was. So hopefully the DLC content brings a lot to the table and hopefully brings back FF characters.

And yup time to join the dreadful limbo haha.
My dude, calling KH3 a letdown is a HUGE understatement of how I felt. :/

Yeah, honestly, Sephiroth is a freaking BEAST that shouldn't be underestimated in terms of his chances. MajoraMan28 MajoraMan28 's dream could still happen yet. We'll see what happens!
I'm very happy to see people remembering me here for this. :3
I won't lie, I have never been this confident. His chances now look a lot better for me than it ever did.
I still think Erdrick has the best chance, but I really think Seph is not too far behind. There is a number of things pointing to his inclusion too.

Here’s an idea, what if Sephiroth brings music from Final Fantasy Crisis Core instead of Final Fantasy 7? That way Square has more music to choose from if Sephiroth is the one they went with..
God, I hope not. Hahahahahaha
FFVII's OST is already filled with musics that can be remixed and added as originals too. The orchestral arrangement of OWA would be a given.
But Fortune Street is a very reoccurring spinoff. So, no doubt about it. More will come. Would be entertaining to have DQ x FF x Mario x Zelda Fortune Street. I’d buy that.
DUDE
MY HEART
Imagine putting and focusing on 4 of my favorite franchises in a single game. :o

When it comes to DQ reps, honestly, am I the only one who thinks everyone is REALLY sleeping on Luminary? I think his chances are incredibly high.
100% agreed
But I see him as a lock for an alt for Erdrick. I can't see these two as separate slots.
Question to all you DQ fans. Teeb147 Teeb147 NomadLuminary NomadLuminary Calane Calane shinhed-echi shinhed-echi If Erdrick/Luminary/Slime is announced and Square continues to only give 2-3 music pieces. What three music tracks will they use for Dragon Quest and why?
I know you didn't ask me, but I'll post the pieces in the next post to not make this one bigger than it already is.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not saying it is 100% a no, but comparing Kamiya with Shinji is a stretch. You gotta check their history.
Shinji doesn't usually go for this kind of stance.

My dude, calling KH3 a letdown is a HUGE understatement of how I felt. :/

I'm very happy to see people remembering me here for this. :3
I won't lie, I have never been this confident. His chances now look a lot better for me than it ever did.
I still think Erdrick has the best chance, but I really think Seph is not too far behind. There is a number of things pointing to his inclusion too.

God, I hope not. Hahahahahaha
FFVII's OST is already filled with musics that can be remixed and added as originals too. The orchestral arrangement of OWA would be a given.

DUDE
MY HEART
Imagine putting and focusing on 4 of my favorite franchises in a single game. :o

100% agreed
But I see him as a lock for an alt for Erdrick. I can't see these two as separate slots.

I know you didn't ask me, but I'll post the pieces in the next post to not make this one bigger than it already is.
I guess i'm curious about which dq music you like. so i'll post so you dont have to double-post ;p

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I guess i'm curious about which dq music you like. so i'll post so you dont have to double-post ;p
Thanks dear :3
Which ones I like aren't necessarily the ones I think would come with Erdrick/Luminary.
I love tons of DQ music. But I think they would go more with III's tracks, and wouldn't go for emotional tracks
The tracks are all the symphonic versions, my absolute favorites, but obviously they wouldn't be included in Smash because Sakurai would have to deal with the NHK himself, and the money to have to pay for these would be a nightmare.
Here is my take:

Definitely an adaption of this classic medley

A battle theme is very hard to pinpoint on, but this would be my bet

And of course, the absolute lock, the one track that even shows up in DQXI (masterfully), and that is the single song that represents DQ:

(favorite part at 0:45) :3

I could list on another post some that I absolutely love. Dragon Quest is a masterclass achievement in music.
And I have tons that I adore a lot.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Which ones I like aren't necessarily the ones I think would come with Erdrick/Luminary.
I love tons of DQ music. But I think they would go more with III's tracks, and wouldn't go for emotional tracks
The tracks are all the symphonic versions, my absolute favorites, but obviously they wouldn't be included in Smash because Sakurai would have to deal with the NHK himself, and the money to have to pay for these would be a nightmare.
Here is my take:

And of course, the absolute lock, the one track that even shows up in DQXI (masterfully), and that is the single song that represents DQ:

I could list on another post some that I absolutely love. Dragon Quest is a masterclass achievement in music.
Those are definitely good versions (symphonic suite). One tune for smash could be more of a banger, but i still like those quite a bit. :)
And yeah, sure, if you have some faves.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Here is my take:

That first one made me so emotionnal and nostalgic, wow.
Took me by surprise honestly.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Those are definitely good versions (symphonic suite). One could be more of a banger, but i still like those quite a bit. :)
And yeah, sure, if you have some faves.
I see the remix of the first one as the banger. That medley can be remade in a very fast beat style.
The other two are more epic but slightly slower.

I'll post in Spoiler a bunch, so brace yourselves (nice to hear them while you work or do something else, who knows? :4pacman:)

Some of my other faves are:
High contender for my top spot

A more emotional song

Love this one. Very classical (man, this game in particular was truly flawless)

My favorite from IV

This would be amazing in Smash

Top tier medley from the other game that gets close to III in basically everything (XI and VIII maybe are on that level too for me)

This game is amazing. This theme is a contender for favorite too

My favorite atmospheric track in the series. Really hoping this version makes it to the film

DQVI now

An inspiring track. Love the atmosphere and classic sounding vibes going on here.

Epic VII music (no, not THAT VII :4pacman:)

The Bernard Herrmann reference was top tier

As I said, VIII is a Top 4 DQ game. A top class soundtrack too.

One of the series' best battle themes (contender for my fav). Would put it in Smash easily.

Last one from VIII, I promise. :3

Love the melody here

Best version of the timeless Overture

XI's soundtrack is a masterpiece. This overworld theme is epic

Everyone loves this guy

Did I already mention I love XI's soundtrack? :3
Strong contender for my favorite battle theme

Finally, what better way to end this journey with the masterful ending of the final DQ game (up until now)
Truly majestic and one of the best medleys in the series.

Can't wait to hear what NomadLuminary NomadLuminary will have to say about this selection :4pacman:

On an end note, completely unrelated, to anyone reading this, if you are watching the E3 Direct, a Smash trailer starts....................................
and you see a black feather show up:
Ohoo.gif

I may be off for a while trying to recover. XD

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
On an end note, completely unrelated, to anyone reading this, if you are watching the E3 Direct, a Smash trailer starts....................................
View attachment 224861
Doooooooooon't do this to me lmao

Seriously the timming would be so great.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
View attachment 224861
Well, of course Classic Dark Pit will have that effect. I would lose it too!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I see the remix of the first one as the banger. That medley can be remade in a very fast beat style.

I'll post in Spoiler a bunch, so brace yourselves (nice to hear them while you work or do something else, who knows? :4pacman:)

A more emotional song

My favorite from IV

Top tier medley from the other game that gets close to III in basically everything (XI and VIII maybe are on that level too for me)

My favorite atmospheric track in the series. Really hoping this version makes it to the film

DQVI now

An inspiring track. Love the atmosphere and classic sounding vibes going on here.

One of the series' best battle themes (contender for my fav). Would put it in Smash easily.

Love the melody here

Everyone loves this guy

Finally, what better way to end this journey with the masterful ending of the final DQ game (up until now)

Can't wait to hear what NomadLuminary NomadLuminary will have to say about this selection :4pacman:

View attachment 224861
That's a lot of faves XD
I'll check more which ones they are later on, but it's cool that you like DQ music. ;)

And all I know is that SE and Nintendo at e3 should be pretty hype.

Calane

Smash Ace

A more emotional song

My favorite from IV

DQVI now

Love the melody here

Everyone loves this guy

It's always great to see someone else with an appreciation for DQ music! Thanks for sharing all of these!

One of my personal favorites is "Days of Sadness". No matter which version, it's always amazing.

I can just...feel the emotion in this song. I love it.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

A more emotional song

My favorite from IV

DQVI now

Love the melody here

Everyone loves this guy

View attachment 224861
Your selection is unbelievable my guy. I personally find the soundtrack of DQ to be underrated and that's mostly because the midi versions of the tunes are ****ing terrible. That being said, if these come to smash one day, i'll definitely rub it in to the jerks who constantly ***** about the franchise. That being said I'm pretty happy DQ is getting more seen in the west and hope that it becomes more prevalent over time. Perhaps with a smash reveal, Idk.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Even as a DQ superfan, I have to say that the music doesn't hold a candle to Final Fantasy's or Chrono Trigger's or, hell, even Super Mario RPG's.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Even as a DQ superfan, I have to say that the music doesn't hold a candle to Final Fantasy's or Chrono Trigger's or, hell, even Super Mario RPG's.
Chrono Trigger you can make a case, although it`s very debatable.
Super Mario RPG though I really don`t see it being the case. It`s a matter of taste, but DQ`s music is technically deep and extremely well structured.
The classical aspects, closely associated with FF and CT, are present in DQ extensively. SMRPG is much more simplistic. It`s a good soundtrack, don`t get me wrong, but I really think DQ is in a whole other league.

Speaking as a Super Mario superfan btw

It's always great to see someone else with an appreciation for DQ music! Thanks for sharing all of these!

One of my personal favorites is "Days of Sadness". No matter which version, it's always amazing.

I can just...feel the emotion in this song. I love it.
That is a wonderful tune too!

Last edited:

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Summoning jutsu.... GoeGoe GoeGoe appears :O.

Haha I haven’t forgotten our bet my friend. And noooo the horror ha.
However if I win, he’s coming to get you(insert evil laugh). :p

View attachment 223914

And hopefully we find out soon, who wins my friend :). Hope you’re doing well buddy!
@A.G.L

Hehe..

41NmnDKVEFL.png

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
@A.G.L

Hehe..

View attachment 224962
Lol I know, wont lie that hurts his chances. However you never know, its not over until E3 confirms it :p. Until then I still believe ha!

1c2051ad5020f0b192e849b2b9f5a994.gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Question to all you DQ fans. Teeb147 Teeb147 NomadLuminary NomadLuminary Calane Calane shinhed-echi shinhed-echi If Erdrick/Luminary/Slime is announced and Square continues to only give 2-3 music pieces. What three music tracks will they use for Dragon Quest and why?
If Cloud was anything to go by, it depends on the game. It'll probably be fighting music like the standard battle theme and the boss theme.

Now I would be okay with this as long as, for the love of God, they use the orchestral arrangements.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Lol I know, wont lie that hurts his chances. However you never know, its not over until E3 confirms it :p. Until then I still believe ha!
Till E3 buddy, till E3 (or until all chars are confirmed if you prefer). I mean Pokemon Sleep, what could go wrong :p

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Till E3 buddy, till E3 (or until all chars are confirmed if you prefer). I mean Pokemon Sleep, what could go wrong :p
That was probably the hardest I'd laughed at a Nintendo-related conference in a long time. I don't think I'll ever get over Pokemon Sleep's existence.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
That was probably the hardest I'd laughed at a Nintendo-related conference in a long time. I don't think I'll ever get over Pokemon Sleep's existence.
I still can't believe Pokemon Sleep and Pokemon Shirt is a thing lol! I honestly thought they were joking the entire time, until I realized they were definitely serious.

D7wFzgTUEAEYmIG.jpg

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I still can't believe Pokemon Sleep and Pokemon Shirt is a thing lol! I honestly thought they were joking the entire time, until I realized they were definitely serious.

View attachment 225032
I was waiting for them to actually explain what it is. Because it seems pretty uninteresting up to now. We already have games that do things during away time. What can it possibly do more? Does it check vibrations on the bed for stuff? Does it have an alarm clock i can set? Can I get it to sing me to sleep with jiggly puff?

All these unanswered questions :O

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I was waiting for them to actually explain what it is. Because it seems pretty uninteresting up to now. We already have games that do things during away time. What can it possibly do more? Does it check vibrations on the bed for stuff? Does it have an alarm clock i can set? Can I get it to sing me to sleep with jiggly puff?

All these unanswered questions :O
The real question is, if you fall asleep will Jigglypuff draw on you? :4jigglypuff:

tenor.gif

ZelDan

Smash Master
So...does anyone have something I can look at that describes what Pokemon sleep and shirt are? Only thing I've found is a gameXplain video on these things, but I don't feel like going through a 30 minute discussion for it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Saw this video posted on the Sora support thread. Thought it was pretty interesting and wanted to see what everyone on this thread thinks about it.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Saw this video posted on the Sora support thread. Thought it was pretty interesting and wanted to see what everyone on this thread thinks about it.

Same point we've already talked about on this thread. Overlooking that companies would usually answer more vaguely when it comes to this stuff, But it's still not impossible for them to lie to cover, it's just sora fans dont want to accept that it could mean deconfirmation.

I dont care too much but hearing a youtube video taking that stance does annoy me a little since i believe any people with influence should spread more balance. Anyway. No doubt some fans are gonna be talking about that stuff.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Same point we've already talked about on this thread. Overlooking that companies would usually answer more vaguely when it comes to this stuff, But it's still not impossible for them to lie to cover, it's just sora fans dont want to accept that it could mean deconfirmation.

I dont care too much but hearing a youtube video taking that stance does annoy me a little since i believe any people with influence should spread more balance. Anyway. No doubt some fans are gonna be talking about that stuff.
And of course its HMK Haha.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
And of course its HMK Haha.
Doesn't change the fact that what he says there is 100% true.

He is 100% right. But sadly, most people will be stubborn and deny the facts still, mostly because of bias against him.

More like Sora fans are tired of people thinking it's 100% deconfirmation rather, because THAT is the issue going on since that hashimoto picture tweet appeared, that many people started saying "hurr durr it's 100% deconfirmed". We all know it's a 50/50 chance, but many idiots refuse to understand how NDA works or that it's even a thing that exists. Can't blame the character's fans for getting annoyed at such stupidity, and this applies to every time a character's developers say "no", idiots just sprout all over the place saying "it's 100% deconfirmed, pack it up". It's not just with Sora, people just get a boner when it's about Sora because there is a lot of bias against him so it's more noticeable, lol. And I will defend this whenever it happens to any other character as well, not just Sora but with ANYONE, because the attitude of people going on saying a character is deconfirmed just because they can't accept NDA is a thing and how it works, is just idiotic (and many of those are willing to remain full of ignorance just for the sake of being haters, and that needs to be stopped already, altho I know sadly idiots can't be changed, lol.)

Also hmk IS spreading balance there, he is saying that regardless of Sora being in or not, this is not solid deconfirmation, because NDA IS a thing. He can be in, and he can not be in. People can still speculate about him if they so want to. That's pretty balanced imo. He is not going "he is not deconfirmed, so he is totally getting in" or viceversa, he is being neutral about it and just stating the facts as they truly are to shut down the wrongly spread belief that's going around. Nothing wrong about that all, in fact it's needed and appreciated, for not just Sora but any character when a developer says "no" when being asked such things.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Also hmk IS spreading balance there, he is saying that regardless of Sora being in or not, this is not solid deconfirmation, because NDA IS a thing. He can be in, and he can not be in. People can still speculate about him if they so want to. That's pretty balanced imo. He is not going "he is not deconfirmed, so he is totally getting in" or viceversa, he is being neutral about it and just stating the facts as they truly are to shut down the wrongly spread belief that's going around. Nothing wrong about that all, in fact it's needed and appreciated, for not just Sora but any character when a developer says "no" when being asked such things.
There are always people that take stuff for face value. "He has said no, so it has to be no" is not always the cause. Something you would know by now if you followed the entertainment industry and/or being under an NDA yourself (like I have). I have done a white lie far more than what I can count.

Like I said earlier. There is a reason why a video called The business of lies from Jim Sterling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKrlvXZ44Vo&t=1s&ab_channel=JimSterling

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
How it'll work? Probably nostrils JOY plugs.
Sadly, we're laughing now, but history says, like Apple products, if it was Pokemon Toilet it'll still sell.

If someone is under NDA, the answer is supposed to be "no comment" or "I can't comment on that", something like that. How I know.. I tried.
Similarly to Yes, No, is also considered an answer.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Doesn't change the fact that what he says there is 100% true.

He is 100% right. But sadly, most people will be stubborn and deny the facts still, mostly because of bias against him.

More like Sora fans are tired of people thinking it's 100% deconfirmation rather, because THAT is the issue going on since that hashimoto picture tweet appeared, that many people started saying "hurr durr it's 100% deconfirmed". We all know it's a 50/50 chance, but many idiots refuse to understand how NDA works or that it's even a thing that exists. Can't blame the character's fans for getting annoyed at such stupidity, and this applies to every time a character's developers say "no", idiots just sprout all over the place saying "it's 100% deconfirmed, pack it up". It's not just with Sora, people just get a boner when it's about Sora because there is a lot of bias against him so it's more noticeable, lol. And I will defend this whenever it happens to any other character as well, not just Sora but with ANYONE, because the attitude of people going on saying a character is deconfirmed just because they can't accept NDA is a thing and how it works, is just idiotic (and many of those are willing to remain full of ignorance just for the sake of being haters, and that needs to be stopped already, altho I know sadly idiots can't be changed, lol.)

It doesnt exactly make you look good to defend it that way when it's not true that lying is the standard for these particular cases for ndas. Doesn't mean it isn't the case, but i would give it more a 70/30 chance. 70 for deconfirmation, and 30 for covering up.

I do blame the fans for swinging all the way to the other side in reaction, even if I understand it, I dont condone it. I get that you dont like the attitude of saying it's 100% deconfirmed, I would say that I dont like it either. I'm just ****ing tired of people fighting fire with fire. It's not neutral. Not that I would expect someone to be neutral, just to not do a disservice.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The reason why I lean to Hashimoto's no being a true NO, is because I'm not seeing any hint of KH software coming to Switch.

Not going to say he's super likely, but I'll compare it to Doomguy.

Doom has had all of its main games on a Nintendo platform (barring Doom 3). (Heck, they had an exclusive Nintendo Doom game too) And Doom Eternal was IMMEDIATELY announced for the Switch once it was revealed.
So if Bethesda was asked, and they answered "NO" to the question of Doomguy was in smash. I would be shifty-eyed suspicious about it.

But given KH track record of not having its mainline games on Nintendo, and that continuing to being the case for the Nintendo Switch, as nothing has been announced. Turning that Hashimoto "NO" into a hopeful "yes... will probably be unveiled with X KH software" is just running on blind faith.
Not that it couldn't happen. Does this mean Sora is 100% deconfirmed? No, but to me this isn't either a 50/50 or a 100%.
To me, this ranges from 75-90% probability that Sora is deconfirmed.

(Heck, even Dante has a foot lead to being in Smash).

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
There are always people that take stuff for face value. "He has said no, so it has to be no" is not always the cause. Something you would know by now if you followed the entertainment industry and/or being under an NDA yourself (like I have). I have done a white lie far more than what I can count.

Like I said earlier. There is a reason why a video called The business of lies from Jim Sterling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKrlvXZ44Vo&t=1s&ab_channel=JimSterling
Yes, I know there are people like that, and when it comes to speculation forums and such wrong beliefs tend to try to shut down a specific character's discussion, SOMETHING has to be done about it, like with this here for example, we gotta shut down the misinformation being spread around, otherwise who will? otherwise speculation dies for -insert whatever here- due to wrong reasons that shouldn't be, and I'm sure nobody likes that, it's not fair and not logical.

The reason why I lean to Hashimoto's no being a true NO, is because I'm not seeing any hint of KH software coming to Switch.

Doom has had all of its main games on a Nintendo platform (barring Doom 3). (Heck, they had an exclusive Nintendo Doom game too) And Doom Eternal was IMMEDIATELY announced for the Switch once it was revealed.
So if Bethesda was asked, and they answered "NO" to the question of Doomguy was in smash. I would be shifty-eyed suspicious about it.

But given KH track record of not having its mainline games on Nintendo, and that continuing to being the case for the Nintendo Switch, as nothing has been announced. Turning that Hashimoto "NO" into a hopeful "yes... will probably be unveiled with X KH software" is just running on blind faith.
Not that it couldn't happen. Does this mean Sora is 100% deconfirmed? No, but to me this isn't either a 50/50 or a 100%.

Not sure why it's a 75-90% probability at all, but let's agree to disagree. When something could be one way or another, it's a 50/50 for me, specially when it comes to Smash as we have seen many times :p

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I wouldn't see doomguy as more likely (especially after cloud and all). And I would say doomguy is not a good fit for smash but plenty of people are willing to argue against that, so i'll just say that personally I dont think he is, or at least wouldn't want him in. I'm sure some people would enjoy him tho.

Anyway, even if i think there might not be a microsoft rep, I do have to admit that it would look interesting to have a more western character and a more eastern one. I dont know if i'll watch the microsoft presentation or not, but i'm definitely curious about it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom