• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
If that supposed Square rep isn't shown at E3, then I don't think we will get one at all. IT has been whispering about it since what... June/July last year? And we are entering May now. I hope I''m wrong but it feels more and more that this mythical character is just another Star Fox Grandprix aka leakbait like PP claims

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah most of Verge's stuff or any leak from THAT long ago hasn't been true or has been confirmed a hoax (like the star fox grand prix thing). I wouldn't bet on something he or any leaker said that long ago, things never leak with such a huge gap of time between being confirmed, we know most of the things that have gotten confirmed so far never took anywhere this long. Leakers just wont admit when they bite leakbait, lol. I still hope we get another SE character regardless, and it could even be the last DLC character, not based on whatever leaker said.

Edit: Apparently Vergeben just came out saying on Gamefaqs that Erdrick is definitely it. But his reason for saying so seems super void and dumb to me. "Me and tansut and other leakers heard it" ? Like seriously? Didn't HIMSELF say that this list is a leakbait situation? To me, everyone hearing a same name only means to me that they are all getting leakbaited equally. It's not denial, I have nothing against Erdrick, I just need better proof than "we all heard it" when there is a confirmed leakbait situation going on behind the scenes, confirmed by vergeben himself in the past. He is relying on piggybacking what others heard despite knowing this could all be leakbait, personally, this isn't real solid proof to me. SE is good at leakbait, so i'm not willing to bite just yet. I need better proof.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Yeah most of Verge's stuff or any leak from THAT long ago hasn't been true or has been confirmed a hoax (like the star fox grand prix thing). I wouldn't bet on something he or any leaker said that long ago, things never leak with such a huge gap of time between being confirmed, we know most of the things that have gotten confirmed so far never took anywhere this long. Leakers just wont admit when they bite leakbait, lol. I still hope we get another SE character regardless, and it could even be the last DLC character, not based on whatever leaker said.

Edit: Apparently Vergeben just came out saying on Gamefaqs that Erdrick is definitely it. But his reason for saying so seems super void and dumb to me. "Me and tansut and other leakers heard it" ? Like seriously? Didn't HIMSELF say that this list is a leakbait situation? To me, everyone hearing a same name only means to me that they are all getting leakbaited equally. It's not denial, I have nothing against Erdrick, I just need better proof than "we all heard it" when there is a confirmed leakbait situation going on behind the scenes, confirmed by vergeben himself in the past. He is relying on piggybacking what others heard despite knowing this could all be leakbait, personally, this isn't real solid proof to me. SE is good at leakbait, so i'm not willing to bite just yet. I need better proof.
He has been on damage control mode since VGA so that's not so surprising. And no offense to Tansut but he has been right ONE time, and people act like he is a god among leakers. Do I have to bring up Lolz18 that was right about one thing, then later **** the bed? While Tansu might seem more "professional" but he has no track record to speak of yet.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I feel our most trustworthy insiders at the moment are Polar and Ryce. Even GameXplain's Jon Cartwright has been very flimsy with the DLC. I think it's super up in the air. That said, Polar and Ryce think Erdrick is likely. They also think Banjo is, too, which would make up for the pain of Geno not making it again. give me banjo God please give me at least one of my most wanteds

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
He has been on damage control mode since VGA so that's not so surprising. And no offense to Tansut but he has been right ONE time, and people act like he is a god among leakers. Do I have to bring up Lolz18 that was right about one thing, then later **** the bed? While Tansu might seem more "professional" but he has no track record to speak of yet.
Yeah I'm too skeptical about any leaker at this point, they have been not solid about anything regarding this DLC cycle. And If SE is really as good as they have been with leakbait, I can't imaginei this worst kept secret being real now while none of these leakers have gained any new more solid proof ever since the first name popped out. Why is "this dude and these other dudes heard it as well" the best they got still at this point? I really got nothing against erdrick but the logic behind how this is any confirmation to me is beyond comprehension. If it's true, fine, but the logic behind this is still flawed regardless. If Erdrick is coming i hope he is not the one announced at E3, it wouldn't even be smart to announce a DQ character with FF7R taking all of SE's spotlight this year's E3 lol, it would just damage the attempt of making DQ more relevant outside japan imo when FF7R is so successful everywhere (I would rather get sephiroth if SE planned to do some smart marketing at the same event, to be honest. It would be much better to just announce a microsoft one or something else and leave Erdrick for a later reveal if he is really coming.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I feel our most trustworthy insiders at the moment are Polar and Ryce. Even GameXplain's Jon Cartwright has been very flimsy with the DLC. I think it's super up in the air. That said, Polar and Ryce think Erdrick is likely. They also think Banjo is, too, which would make up for the pain of Geno not making it again. give me banjo God please give me at least one of my most wanteds
After the MvCI fiasco I wouldn't stake a dime on Ryce's word.

Polan

Smash Lord

"all the leakers are saying the same thing so it must be fake/leakbait" is one of the dumber arguments i've seen thrown around this community. like c'mon. last time all the leakers and insiders aligned, the community ignored them and promptly got owned by the grinch leak. and since no one learns anything, it looks like we're gonna repeat this bull**** with erdrick as well. oh well, at least the reactions will be funny to watch.

D

Deleted member

Looking at his conversations shared by ZenythSmash ZenythSmash before, Verge was quite confident of Erdrick even after the whole March debacle when he got a lot of **** wrong. I imagine that regarding leakers, they have at least some reasons as to why they take Verge info into consideration. It's not something that makes Erdrick 100% in but also its premature to call it leakbait considering we don't have any proof at this point regarding Erdrick being used as such and most likely would only know after a potential SE reveal/end of DLC cycle.
Tansut has been right about 3 times actually (Cloud reveal, Cloud's release date and also calling the Grinch hoax leak fake). You can be skeptical of him, but still gotten SE stuff right before is quite impressive when no one else did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Again, going to need a source on that.

Neither of those two have been infallible though.
I'm not gonna bother looking for it, but he made posts on resetera saying that erdrick would make a lot of sense and even posting potential moveset ideas. He never claimed to have a source or make it seem like he believed a leak. He's also said things against vergeben in the past so he's kind of on both sides maybe. Anyway, if there's something new from ryce, somebody can bring it up but i havent seen anything lately from him.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Tansut has been right about 3 times actually (Cloud reveal, Cloud's release date and also calling the Grinch hoax leak).
No offense to the pro-grinch leaker, but that leak was so obviously fake that it was not even funny. 7 characters left and he waits one month to reveal them all with Sakurai stating earlier that he wanted to be more secretly then every... Give me break... I get that people wanted that to be real (I would have loved it to be true), but there was only wishful thinking there that kept it alive.

Also, he was wrong about the release date

"all the leakers are saying the same thing so it must be fake/leakbait" is one of the dumber arguments i've seen thrown around this community. like c'mon. last time all the leakers and insiders aligned, the community ignored them and promptly got owned by the grinch leak. and since no one learns anything, it looks like we're gonna repeat this bull**** with erdrick as well. oh well, at least the reactions will be funny to watch.
Then where is the supposed Square rep then? They have all said its a matter of time, but still silence... Just like how people claimed Star Fox Grandprix been for the longest time. It's not like that this supposed Square Enix rep was leaked like a month or two ago. If that were the cause, no one would be that skeptic if we are even gonna get one (myself included) We are close to a year yet we have heard NOTHING officially. And hearing from Panda that it looks like Grand Prix is a leak bait... what the fridge says that the mythical Square rep can't be either (as in there is no DLC from Square what so ever)?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm not gonna bother looking for it, but he made posts on resetera saying that erdrick would make a lot of sense and even posting potential moveset ideas. He never claimed to have a source or make it seem like he believed a leak. He's also said things against vergeben in the past so he's kind of on both sides maybe. Anyway, if there's something new from ryce, somebody can bring it up but i havent seen anything lately from him.
I remember Ryce made a post saying Erdrick and Banjo were the two characters he thought were most likely, with other characters put into their 4 and 5 but uncertain.

Gonna go dig up the post now.

D

Deleted member

No offense to the pro-grinch leaker, but that leak was so obviously fake that it was not even funny. 7 characters left and he waits one month to reveal them all with Sakurai stating earlier that he wanted to be more secretly then every... Give me break... I get that people wanted that to be real (I would have loved it to be true), but there was only wishful thinking there that kept it alive.

Also, he was wrong about the release date

Then there is the supposed Square rep then? They have all said its a matter of time, but still silence... Just like how people claimed Star Fox Grandprix been for the longest time. It's not like that this supposed Square Enix rep was leaked like a month or two ago. If that were the cause, no one would be that skeptic if we are even gonna get one (myself included) We are close to a year yet we have heard NOTHING officially. And hearing from Panda that it looks like Grand Prix is a leak bait... what the fridge says that the mythical Square rep can't be either (as in there is no DLC from Square what so ever)?
Sorry got it wrong. He called the leak fake, my bad if it wasnt understood. And if it was so obviously fake, why most of the community believed on it :b

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm mobile bound and bedridden at the moment because of health issues, so someone else is gonna have to do that, I'm afraid :(
Hope you feel better Oval

You know who jane makes me think of a little bit with her shotgun? Vincent (FF7).
I wanted to play his spin-off game at one point but i think i only got to try it one time. I like the idea of shooters mixed with rpg stuff.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sorry got it wrong. He called the leak fake, my bad if it wasnt understood. And if it was so obviously fake, why most of the community believed on it :b
Easy.. Wishful thinking over rational thinking.

I mean
Geno
Shadow
Banjo & Kazooie
Isaac

All fan favorites that people have for asked for as early as Brawl.

Like I said. They want to prevent leaks as good as possible, then they wait 1 month to reveal 7 characters? Marketing is like bread crumbs. You spread the info out, not just bomb it in one swell swoop.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Easy.. Wishful thinking over rational thinking.

I mean
Geno
Shadow
Banjo & Kazooie
Isaac

All fan favorites that people have for asked for as early as Brawl.

Like I said. They want to prevent leaks as good as possible, then they wait 1 month to reveal 7 characters? Marketing is like bread crumbs. You spread the info out, not just bomb it in one swell swoop.
Despite how vocal I am that Grinch was clearly fake and the community got way too wrapped up in the leak, in other situations where you don't have Sakurai directly stating to fans to not expect too much you COULD potentially to drop lots of information. I'm just saying the possibility can exist, and pretty much a giant information drop did happen explicitly when the game was first revealed as Ultimate. Grinch was obviously unreasonable for a multitude of reasons, but I can see dropping lots of information depending on what and how you're marketing something.

Also, the whole "matter of time" thing could easily apply to a Square character like Erdrick. We know DLC fighters were decided by November, so depending on when the deal took place to license such a character, you could realistically look at that character taking well over a year for the character to actually be publicly unveiled and included in the game. I'm not super keen to believe leakers, but I will say the sheer number of them saying Erdrick when it already makes a ton of sense to see Dragon Quest in Smash has generally made me lean more towards that actually happening.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Despite how vocal I am that Grinch was clearly fake and the community got way too wrapped up in the leak, in other situations where you don't have Sakurai directly stating to fans to not expect too much you COULD potentially to drop lots of information. I'm just saying the possibility can exist, and pretty much a giant information drop did happen explicitly when the game was first revealed as Ultimate. Grinch was obviously unreasonable for a multitude of reasons, but I can see dropping lots of information depending on what and how you're marketing something.

Also, the whole "matter of time" thing could easily apply to a Square character like Erdrick. We know DLC fighters were decided by November, so depending on when the deal took place to license such a character, you could realistically look at that character taking well over a year for the character to actually be publicly unveiled and included in the game. I'm not super keen to believe leakers, but I will say the sheer number of them saying Erdrick when it already makes a ton of sense to see Dragon Quest in Smash has generally made me lean more towards that actually happening.
Did we know that an October direct was going to happen and that leak came out like a week prior, then that would have been a different scenario. But the fact that he waited an entire month is the obvious red flag that it was not real. Especially when he openly stated that he was more secretive than ever. https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/07/18/super-smash-bros-ultimate-creator-avoided-game-leaks/

I see what you mean with the whole time aspect... but that's where Joker comes in which makes me even more skeptic about a Square rep. They never saw him coming. The leakers even went so far to admit that they had heard squat about this wildcard. Yet this supposed Square rep has been an open secret for almost a year with no sound about it from Nintendo... For each day going, I'm more in line of what Ryce stated a while back "DLC is an entirely different beast the base game" and the leakers have yet to prove the opposite

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Not to mention how embarrassing people were behaving over the leak if they were believers. Holy hell, I was so ashamed to be a Banjo and Geno fan during the leak's lifetime in particular. Shadow's fans weren't so bad, but the B-K and Geno posters, ****-posters or not, were making me want to hide in my shell. After that mess, I suppose I can't blame some people for hating the characters and, even if to a lesser extent, hating anyone who's a fan or judging them immediately for being one.

That was just one massive YIKES in the community that I think we'd all prefer to forget, whether we thought it was fake or not. (I was on team fake myself, even though I thought Ken and Shadow (RIP) were locks, and Banjo and Geno (RIP) were highly likely for DLC.)

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Did we know that an October direct was going to happen and that leak came out like a week prior, then that would have been a different scenario. But the fact that he waited an entire month is the obvious red flag that it was not real. Especially when he openly stated that he was more secretive than ever. https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/07/18/super-smash-bros-ultimate-creator-avoided-game-leaks/

I see what you mean with the whole time aspect... but that's where Joker comes in which makes me even more skeptic about a Square rep. They never saw him coming. The leakers even went so far to admit that they had heard squat about this wildcard. Yet this supposed Square rep has been an open secret for almost a year with no sound about it from Nintendo... For each day going, I'm more in line of what Ryce stated a while back "DLC is an entirely different beast the base game" and the leakers have yet to prove the opposite
Wait, what's the first part referencing? Grinch and the November 1st Direct were about a week apart.

Well, my theory on Erdrick would be that Square Enix messed up with regards to Smash DLC if he is actually in the Fighter's Pass. Each third party character brings in the opportunity for additional venues of leaking, so I've always kind of figured it possible that a specific company could end up having a leak that doesn't impact the rest of the fighters or Smash. I think that's possible for any third party company really.

And Nintendo wouldn't say anything until they were actually ready to unveil a character, and that's clearly something they're set on as we don't even know the next fighter now despite Joker's recent release.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
You CLEARLY didn't read nor know the context of the current situation. Verge already confirmed that the list was leakbait thrown around the moment the list got out. It's not something the community is making up, HE said it. It's not something we are applying to every case here, because this particular case is actually having this situation behind the scenes. HIS WORDS. If he didn't put the SE list situation in the context of being leakbait, no one would be talking about it in such way, we would just bite on whatever he says immediately without second thoughts. Blame him before the community for setting situations in such way.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Wait, what's the first part referencing? Grinch and the November 1st Direct were about a week apart.

Well, my theory on Erdrick would be that Square Enix messed up with regards to Smash DLC if he is actually in the Fighter's Pass. Each third party character brings in the opportunity for additional venues of leaking, so I've always kind of figured it possible that a specific company could end up having a leak that doesn't impact the rest of the fighters or Smash. I think that's possible for any third party company really.

And Nintendo wouldn't say anything until they were actually ready to unveil a character, and that's clearly something they're set on as we don't even know the next fighter now despite Joker's recent release.
Yes, I know that it was a week apart with the leaks. But there is a reason why I stated if there was a direct in OCTOBER and one week apart. Having so much information to reveal, and they sit on it for a month with Sakurai openly stated as the link stated... more secretly then ever in mind. You get the jazz of it.

I get what you mean with the time aspect. But with all things considered, I can't help but be skeptical that we are getting a Square rep. Sure, if Erdrick is truly a DLC character, I get why they started with Joker on VGA. But they had a direct that was literally focused on RPG which would fit pretty much every character on the list to be revealed... it's because of stuff like this that.. if there is no Square character revealed after E3 has ended, that I'm all onboard on the idea that there will be no Square character. Nintendo more than likely knows the leak and would be extremely dumb to reveal it last no matter who it is.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yes, I know that it was a week apart with the leaks. But there is a reason why I stated if there was a direct in OCTOBER and one week apart. Having so much information to reveal, and they sit on it for a month with Sakurai openly stated as the link stated... more secretly then ever in mind. You get the jazz of it.

I get what you mean with the time aspect. But with all things considered, I can't help but be skeptical that we are getting a Square rep. Sure, if Erdrick is truly a DLC character, I get why they started with Joker on VGA. But they had a direct that was literally focused on RPG which would fit pretty much every character on the list to be revealed... it's because of stuff like this that.. if there is no Square character revealed after E3 has ended, that I'm all onboard on the idea that there will be no Square character. Nintendo more than likely knows the leak and would be extremely dumb to reveal it last no matter who it is.
I'm decently on board with the whole idea that we just don't get a Square character this point (To my personal disappointment), but I don't think we should have expected him at the Direct in February either considering they didn't even bother showing Joker off properly at that point. No matter the timing of things, if the character isn't ready or planned to be releasing as the next, immediate character, I don't think will see them. So we won't really know until the final DLC is announced haha.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Sakurai even said he didn't want to announce Joker when he did, but Nintendo basically made him.

I think when we finally got the Joker gameplay trailer is when he originally intended to announce Joker. And his plan is probably to announce a character every 2 months.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
https://www.strawpoll.me/16713365/r
https://www.strawpoll.me/16745889/r

Majority of people believed the Grinch leaks, several polls were made during that saga. People talk **** now but many, many people thought it was ESRB 2.0.
I’m well aware it was, but I definitely think a great many people were blinded by the potential of such a roster in that regard as almost every facet of that leak fell apart under scrutiny. It was never even close to the ESRB though, that had gameplay and multiple screenshots. This was one OKish looking banner and some bull**** paper trail that didn’t actually link to anything (something I pointed out multiple times, but people were not keen to hear it then and there was a lot of misinformation going around regarding the companies involved).

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
You CLEARLY didn't read nor know the context of the current situation. Verge already confirmed that the list was leakbait thrown around the moment the list got out. It's not something the community is making up, HE said it. It's not something we are applying to every case here, because this particular case is actually having this situation behind the scenes. HIS WORDS. If he didn't put the SE list situation in the context of being leakbait, no one would be talking about it in such way, we would just bite on whatever he says immediately without second thoughts. Blame him before the community for setting situations in such way.
Leak bait only works when it's applied to a small group of people. Arthur Million is the prime example from Verge's own list, something everybody loves to conveniently forget. For Erdrick to be leakbait; Verge, Tansut, PolarPanda, Xenother And Hitagi had to have gotten it from the same source at SE. Verge's main Smash source who has since thrown their hat in the Erdrick ring seems to be affiliated with Nintendo, so SE leakbait absolutely should not affect his source. PolarPanda's source, I believe, is referred to as a Nintendo Ambassador. Not sure what that exactly means, but They are linked with Nintendo, not SE.

Verge's list is what he got from SE employees and, as far as I know, his main Smash source, at the time, gave him no info on it.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Leak bait only works when it's applied to a small group of people. Arthur Million is the prime example from Verge's own list, something everybody loves to conveniently forget. For Erdrick to be leakbait; Verge, Tansut, PolarPanda, Xenother And Hitagi had to have gotten it from the same source at SE. Verge's main Smash source who has since thrown their hat in the Erdrick ring seems to be affiliated with Nintendo, so SE leakbait absolutely should not affect his source. PolarPanda's source, I believe, is referred to as a Nintendo Ambassador. Not sure what that exactly means, but They are linked with Nintendo, not SE.

Verge's list is what he got from SE employees and, as far as I know, his main Smash source, at the time, gave him no info on it.
To clarify, Polar's source has not heard Erdrick. Polar is simply throwing her hat in and saying Erdrick sounds likely based on what other leakers have said.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
To clarify, Polar's source has not heard Erdrick. Polar is simply throwing her hat in and saying Erdrick sounds likely based on what other leakers have said.
Must have been something lost through the grapevine. Thanks for the clarification.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I’m well aware it was, but I definitely think a great many people were blinded by the potential of such a roster in that regard as almost every facet of that leak fell apart under scrutiny. It was never even close to the ESRB though, that had gameplay and multiple screenshots. This was one OKish looking banner and some bull**** paper trail that didn’t actually link to anything (something I pointed out multiple times, but people were not keen to hear it then and there was a lot of misinformation going around regarding the companies involved).
Nobody's arguing that the grinch leak had numerous holes, next to nothing going for it, and that many, many, people -yourself included- tried to point this out to no avail. However, you yourself even acknowledged that a lot of people did believe, regardless of its complete lack of quality especially compared to the ESRB leak.

I'm pretty sure that's all hello is trying to remind us all of, especially when no matter how Erdrick and Steve turn out, somebody is going to try to change the narrative and make it sound significantly more one side than it actually is/was. Heck, the aforementioned grinch leak goes through this all the time here and even more so on 4chan.

Untouch

Smash Master
Well with P5S just being a musou and not a Switch port, I think my theory is a bit stronger now.
I think Atlus was asked to announce SMTV, as a trade for Joker in Smash. SMTV was announced way way before it was ready.
If Erdrick is in, I think that it's the same case, DQXI:S was announced long before it was ready too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well with P5S just being a musou and not a Switch port, I think my theory is a bit stronger now.
I think Atlus was asked to announce SMTV, as a trade for Joker in Smash. SMTV was announced way way before it was ready.
If Erdrick is in, I think that it's the same case, DQXI:S was announced long before it was ready too.
Could be but I doubt it. Since a while ago, from around the DS era, SMT mainline series has been pretty much Nintendo-only and Persona minus spinoffs being PS-only. DQXI was kind of blurted by the developers alongside the 3DS and PS4 versions of it, so its a game that already released before now it kinda fuses both versions.

Untouch

Smash Master
Could be but I doubt it. Since a while ago, from around the DS era, SMT mainline series has been pretty much Nintendo-only and Persona minus spinoffs being PS-only. DQXI was kind of blurted by the developers alongside the 3DS and PS4 versions of it, so its a game that already released before now it kinda fuses both versions.
Yeah I think that both were inevitable, just that they were announced long before they were ready to be announced, and Nintendo had a hand in that. I think they wanted to show people that third parties were already on board, the WiiU was NOT instilling much confidence in the brand.

Just my theory of course, could just be a coincidence.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Seems to me you misunderstand a bit how it works when it comes to leaks. The reason they sometimes don't commit or wait to be more confidant is because they dont hear it from their main source. It's both for protection (of the sources) and to sift through information. He's come to say erdrick is in after a while and because one of verge's main sources backs erdrick. You seem to generalize it as if it's all the same, and that's not the landscape of getting good intel..

Anyway, like with any intel you can never know fully for sure, especially since we dont know how embedded his and tansut's sources are, as there's a difference between someone who 'hears' about the characters, and someone who's either part of a team working on the project or something related. You have to parse info accordingly. And ultimately dismissing everything because of getting a few things wrong from his non-main sources is like throwing out the baby with the bath water.

It feels tired now that people want to jump to either one end or another and deny everything just so they can believe their character has a chance, especially since nothing is ever definite. Just hope that things arent like the intel if that's what you want, but you dont need to sling all the way to one end just because you want to believe.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For those who forgot, someone in this thread--in which I don't remember if it was Polar or Zenyth--mentioned that Vergeben was practically going all in on Erdrick since February. They even posted a snapshot of the conversation. Most of his main Smash sources have said Erdrick. Add that and Tansut, a guy who recently came out explaining how he knew about Cloud months in advance, and it makes a convincing case on the leaker side of things. You might be right. Square Enix might be amazing at leakbait, but Smash Bros has historically proven it is not good at handling leaks. It balances out to Erdrick being a leakable character despite Enix putting out a list of seven names, especially as we get closer to a potential reveal in two months.

Since the 5chan leak with just Joker and Erdrick is now out, I can't say we really have "proof" beyond leakers and "Brave."

Top Bottom