• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I think the concert is to prepare and hype up ppl for what will be shown just a few days after at E3. Doesn't really matter if it doesn't show anything for Remake, in fact, at the very least i would maybe expect remake tracks and adaptations by Nobuo himself on the soundtrack. Just music, then on E3 everything else you want to see about the game. Either way they are way too close to each other so it's just impossible that the remake won't be shown at this E3, it's 100% gonna happen, and Nomura and Kitase already said by the end of last year that "7", the "long awaited" would be 2019's highlight and there would be multiple presentations for it. The marketing snowball will finally begin start in less than 2 months .

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hi everyone, we came across this incredibly gorgeous drawing of female Erdrick (Roto / Loto) in the Erdrick support thread and I thought you may like it.

Really hoping they do the right thing if the rumors are true and Erdrick is included, and they add the female version alongside the male version.
Nice to share some nice art, but I mentioned can you please always use safebooru instead of that site? It has way too much nsfw stuff. Thankfully not that artist, but anyway.

here's the artist there: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=taniya_raku

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Nice to share some nice art, but I mentioned can you please always use safebooru instead of that site? It has way too much nsfw stuff. Thankfully not that artist, but anyway.

here's the artist there: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=taniya_raku
Okay, I'll edit my post, my apologies.

Also, THE PLOT THICKENS

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
My bad, I forgot to link the follow up tweet:

Interesting. And it's already been well proven that it couldn't be Arsène due to his code name and it wasn't for Mona's tail of something like that because that's not how the physics work.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Interesting. And it's already been well proven that it couldn't be Arsène due to his code name and it wasn't for Mona's tail of something like that because that's not how the physics work.
I guess that answers your question about the other models. Looks like they're branched in the same folder as the stage.

I do wonder where they put models for taunts, I dont see anything in there besides the morgana car on mementos. But i dont think it's important.
Looking to see if there's any other dataminers that will comment on some things they find.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Dante is the only character here that would really make me excited.
I can respect the others though, but I would still be kind of bummed only having one character that I really know and like as a character and not for their playstyle.
If you hadn't said not for their playstyle i wouldve said go play joker :p

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
What're peoples feeling about the supposed Mii Costume Theory?

For you that don't know what I'm talking about. As we all know, the third party costumes (which were from Namco, Sega, Square, and Capcom)
Now, with Joker getting in, the Tales and Knuckles Mii Costume was bundled in with Joker and his stage, which makes sense considering Sega owns Atlus. This makes people wondering costumes from Namco, Capcom, and Square will return the same way.

So if this theory is correct then my guess is
Square - Sora, Sephiroth or Erdrick. Before anyone points out Erdrick. Yes, I think the former two would be a smarter move because.. well you know my stance on how he will be received in the west considering how he is a nobody unlike the other two and I stand by that. But that does not mean that I can agree that how big DQ is in Japan is a factor that gives him a shot.

Capcom - Honestly, if Capcom gets a new rep... I would be on Pheonix Wright or Leon. The former because that would be such a Sakurai choice (if Wright was on the list that is) and Leon are basically Capcoms answer to Cloud.

Namco... My bet is on a Tekken character. Who I don't know. Unless the Square character would be Slime or Geno, I doubt we get a Tales rep.

For the 5 and final spot, I see two scenarios.
A) Is the more hopeful scenario and that is another third party (leaning towards Banjo & Kazooie)
B) A certain first party rep from a franchise that people don't want more of (Three Houses or Pokemon Sword/Shield)

Also, a heads up for DQ fans in the thread. If Erdrick gets in, then expect much more of this if someone like Kotaku or Polygon gets the info on who the composer is. :glare::urg: Video is from Yong Yea about a certain article that Kotaku UK recently published trying to smear Nintendo and Atlus about a song that they thought included an offensive slur.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1O55UNLsxk

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
What're peoples feeling about the supposed Mii Costume Theory?

For you that don't know what I'm talking about. As we all know, the third party costumes (which were from Namco, Sega, Square, and Capcom)
Now, with Joker getting in, the Tales and Knuckles Mii Costume was bundled in with Joker and his stage, which makes sense considering Sega owns Atlus. This makes people wondering costumes from Namco, Capcom, and Square will return the same way.

So if this theory is correct then my guess is
Square - Sora, Sephiroth or Erdrick. Before anyone points out Erdrick. Yes, I think the former two would be a smarter move because.. well you know my stance on how he will be received in the west considering how he is a nobody unlike the other two. here and I stand by that. But that does not mean that I can agree that how big DQ is in Japan is a factor that gives him a shot.

Capcom - Honestly, if Capcom gets a new rep... I would be on Pheonix Wright or Leon. The former because that would be such a Sakurai choice (if Wright was on the list that is) and Leon are basically Capcoms answer to Cloud.

Namco... My bet is on a Tekken character. Who I don't know. Unless the Square character would be Slime or Geno, I doubt we get a Tales rep.

For the 5 and final spot, I see two scenarios.
A) Is the more hopeful scenario and that is another third party (leaning towards Banjo & Kazooie)
B) A certain first party rep from a franchise that people don't want more of (Three Houses or Pokemon Sword/Shield)

Also, a heads up for DQ fans in the thread. If Erdrick gets in, then expect much more of this if someone like Kotaku or Polygon gets the info on who the composer is. :glare::urg: Video is from Yong Yea about a certain article that Kotaku UK recently published trying to smear Nintendo and Atlus about a song that they thought included an offensive slur.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1O55UNLsxk
This theory is one of the better ones I've seen this Smash cycle, that's for sure. Do I think it's accurate? Ehhh... I'm on that hard 50/50, it makes sense in a way since releasing all the things one of these companies own all at once is easier, and public knowledge will be high since in actual character is coming along with it, but on the other hand it just sounds really stupid since Capcom had like, 10 Mii costumes last game and that just feels like overkill to release in one go.

Untouch

Smash Master
Mii Costume theory falls apart the instant you realize that Namco got costumes in Smash 4 but no character DLC.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So… This apparently kills Crono 100%, some people say. I personally don't see why, but … -shrugs-
I think it's people assuming Sakurai is surprised about the love the series got love by that stage, therefore he isn't the one he chose, lol.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So… This apparently kills Crono 100%, some people say. I personally don't see why, but … -shrugs-
I think it's people assuming Sakurai is surprised about the love the series got love by that stage, therefore he isn't the one he chose, lol.
Saying that deconfirms Crono sounds like a bit of a stretch. It does make him seem less likely in my eyes, though, which is a shame. Crono is sick.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think they might see it like that because he's talking about a specific game it could mean that it's not in (since he wouldnt talk about the ones he's working on)
Sakurai can do what he wants tho :p

Here's what twitter gave as the translation:
"Although the topic of "Chrono Trigger" has increased somehow to TL, this stage which was in "everyone's post" of "SSB SP" was interesting. Dragon Tank!! "

D

Deleted member

The theory implies that Namco is getting a rep because there are costumes to sell, but Namco's costumes weren't released with a Namco rep last time.
The theory is kinda faulty considering the fact that we also didn't had the Virtua fighter costumes.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I think they might see it like that because he's talking about a specific game it could mean that it's not in (since he wouldnt talk about the ones he's working on)
Sakurai can do what he wants tho :p

Here's what twitter gave as the translation:
"Although the topic of "Chrono Trigger" has increased somehow to TL, this stage which was in "everyone's post" of "SSB SP" was interesting. Dragon Tank!! "
Yeah I can't see this as a deconfirm in any way, lol

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah I can't see this as a deconfirm in any way, lol
If anything, in the past some threads would've jumped on it the other way, and say it confirms that crono is in because sakurai is giving a hint. ;p

I'm glad it's not quite like that now after isaac and others not being in, but it's funny to swing all the way the other way :p

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The theory implies that Namco is getting a rep because there are costumes to sell, but Namco's costumes weren't released with a Namco rep last time.
The theory is about what will happen this time. It doesn't have to be the same way as last time.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I found some cool gifs. Here's for ff9 fans :)

source (there's the individual ones at the bottom of that page)

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Here’s my wishful list. I actually think both Jin and Ryu Hayabusa have a good shot at making it in. As Jin is the new face of Tekken (story wise after Tekken 7) and Ryu Hayabusa is the poster boy of Koei Tecmo, and their relationship with Nintendo right now is really high. As for Sora the people who know me on this forum already know why I think Square will choose Sora. Regardless it’s just fun speculating and I’m hoping at least one of these characters makes the DLC roster.

0B82E188-BEE6-4467-BDD3-EE7C23FE9BEB.jpeg

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Here’s my wishful list. I actually think both Jin and Ryu Hayabusa have a good shot at making it in. As Jin is the new face of Tekken (story wise after Tekken 7) and Ryu Hayabusa is the poster boy of Koei Tecmo, and their relationship with Nintendo right now is really high. As for Sora the people who know me on this forum already know why I think Square will choose Sora. Regardless it’s just fun speculating and I’m hoping at least one of these characters makes the DLC roster.

View attachment 211450
Would buy, even if I feel that Jin over Heihachi is blasphemy.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Would buy, even if I feel that Jin over Heihachi is blasphemy.

My personal favorite Tekken character is Lee Chaolan, but I just think if there’s going to be a Namco rep it’s going to be Jin. In Tekken 8 Jin is going to be the new face of Tekken after the events of Tekken 7. So it’s makes sense that Namco would push for him over Heihachi like they did in Tekken 3. Either way I’m fine with Jin, Kazuya or Heihachi.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
If anything, in the past some threads would've jumped on it the other way, and say it confirms that crono is in because sakurai is giving a hint. ;p

I'm glad it's not quite like that now after isaac and others not being in, but it's funny to swing all the way the other way :p
Well to be fair this is a direct reference while the Rathalos tweet was more subtle in nature

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well to be fair this is a direct reference while the Rathalos tweet was more subtle in nature
Besides that, we can't for sure know if it was an actual GS reference. It's possible, though. Though considering the huge amount of content we got, despite not having Isaac playable, it could've been a hint solely at that alone.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Besides that, we can't for sure know if it was an actual GS reference. It's possible, though. Though considering the huge amount of content we got, despite not having Isaac playable, it could've been a hint solely at that alone.
Considering Sakurai doesn't have the same viewpoint on Assist Thropies like the fans. Even if fans call it, the true and most dredded "deconfirmation", Sakurai seems to watch as a "sorry, but I'm not able to make you playable because reason(s) but you will not be forgoten. type of scenario. Concidering Isaacs Assist Thropie was in Smash 4, it could be that he hinted for Isaac

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
I don't care if I never won a smash game again, I'd make Sora, Doomguy or whoever my new main

Also just to stir the pot a little, I think the DragonBorn would be a good Bethesda rep. And easy moveset at least

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Considering Sakurai doesn't have the same viewpoint on Assist Thropies like the fans. Even if fans call it, the true and most dredded "deconfirmation", Sakurai seems to watch as a "sorry, but I'm not able to make you playable because reason(s) but you will not be forgoten. type of scenario. Concidering Isaacs Assist Thropie was in Smash 4, it could be that he hinted for Isaac
Exactly. It could've been a hint(but not for playable) or nothing at all.

...Though I'll give it this; definitely held more water than the chair theory, which was just silly. Same with the music theory. It easily can be interpreted as an intentional GS reference. The fact other games use a similar angle just means it's not a blatant reference, but just possible one. Though I wish people would look at these kinds of references more as "ooh, we might get this series' content" instead of playable options only.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
...Though I'll give it this; definitely held more water than the chair theory, which was just silly. Same with the music theory. It easily can be interpreted as an intentional GS reference. The fact other games use a similar angle just means it's not a blatant reference, but just possible one. Though I wish people would look at these kinds of references more as "ooh, we might get this series' content" instead of playable options only.
While I agree that the chair theory was silly, there is a good reason why it blowed up. The reveal of King K and the jungle background Sakurai had during the E3 direct for unknown reasons. Could be that he wanted to throw people off the guard with the King K Rool reveal (I mean, the dude put a character that the voices for a prank moment that for a second got people wondering if King K was actually going to be shown and it was a trailer for Dixie or Funky) or it could be that it was unintentional, although I don't see why Nintendo would just choose a random spot to film something like a presentation on,

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
While I agree that the chair theory was silly, there is a good reason why it blowed up. The reveal of King K and the jungle background Sakurai had during the E3 direct for unknown reasons. Could be that he wanted to throw people off the guard with the King K Rool reveal (I mean, the dude put a character that the voices for a prank moment that for a second got people wondering if King K was actually going to be shown and it was a trailer for Dixie or Funky) or it could be that it was unintentional, although I don't see why Nintendo would just choose a random spot to film something like a presentation on,
Oh, I didn't say it had a poor reasoning why it got attention. That makes sense. It fits. I'm just saying it didn't hold any water.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Whether the Rathalos tweet was meant to reference something or not, some of the connections Golden Sun fans made weren't wrong thus I don't think any Golden Sun fans were foolish to speculate over it at the very least or to think it may have potentially meant.

The only problem was if fans acted like it was a 100% confirmation, which some probably did, but you'll see overzealous fans like that in any group so *shrug*

Top Bottom