• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hmmmm...Though now, IF that was just from a great Atlus Source....Why no mention of 'Jane'?

Instead we got presented with Erdrick alts and pretty specific ones to.

I am interested as well, but not going to worry about it too much. (Devil May Cry 5 SOOOOOON!!!)
That's an interesting point about joker alts.
We still dont really know what jane refers to, but that's definitely something im really curious about :O
I do wish it's a female mc. I havent seen any leaks about it. I wonder if there are any. (that were there before we knew of jane)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Goes to know how much I know about that lol. Didn't even realize there was a 3DS version. I guess that makes sense.

However, if they had said "Each Party member gets a new scenario", would that have been something to be skeptical about?

Again, I am just curious. I just want the Square Rep to be leaked properly, so this thread can get some rest.
I see. Yeah, totally agree.
I guess unless we get either a Ken picture-like leak, or they find a decisive clue in the Datamine (such as “stage: alefgard” for example) it’ll remain a guessing game.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Definitely gives that leaker some more credibility, I'll say that. Remember that the TGAs were leaked, however, and they got the Smash info (or lack thereof) wrong while most everything else was on the money. There have been leaks with a lot of things correct with one or two things totally wrong. It's a wait and see game.

That said, still very certain it's Erdrick.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly... the biggest reason I doubt it's a female alt is that the rest of the Phantom Thieves PERFECTLY fill out the colors for the rest of his alts. It would be bizarre if there was just one thief left out because they had to fit in the female character.

(Then again, Little Mac serves as an exception to the 8 colors only rule.)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Honestly... the biggest reason I doubt it's a female alt is that the rest of the Phantom Thieves PERFECTLY fill out the colors for the rest of his alts. It would be bizarre if there was just one thief left out because they had to fit in the female character.

Hmm, on my end I doubt they'd use only colors from other characters.

Attach files
(edit: somehow I managed to get the attach files 'in' the post. what happens if someone uses it? lol)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

It's also possible we could just have 4 of each.

Also, Little Mac had 16 alts in 4, so... he only got changed up due to hard-coding the 8 thing in Ultimate, last I checked. Wario previously had 16 alts in Brawl as well. But then 8 in 4.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hmm, on my end I doubt they'd use only colors from other characters.

Attach files
(edit: somehow I managed to get the attach files 'in' the post. what happens if someone uses it? lol)
They did that with Shulk and in a way, Lucina, so I see them doing it for Joker, especially with everyone standardizing to 8 colors.

It's also possible we could just have 4 of each.

Also, Little Mac had 16 alts in 4, so... he only got changed up due to hard-coding the 8 thing in Ultimate, last I checked. Wario previously had 16 alts in Brawl as well. But then 8 in 4.
They could, but unless they skimp out on a "default" female option like female Robin, female Corrin, and male Wii Fit, that would still take up one color, leaving one of the party members to dry.

Unless they do something more radical and not even use the other phantom thieves which I doubt.
(It'd be cool though)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They could, but unless they skimp out on a "default" female option like female Robin, female Corrin, and male Wii Fit, that would still take up one color, leaving one of the party members to dry.

Unless they do something more radical and not even use the other phantom thieves which I doubt.
(It'd be cool though)
Well, this could also be the 16 alt character as well. Then again, the alts are really strange this time around. Mario lost his Fire alt, but got two separate alts that require their own "alt slot" each, so in this case, Mario has 3 different programmed alt slot types. Plus, we have 30 alt slot types available as is. And it looks like PP only took two at this point(potted plant and whatever the other design was. I can't think of it at the moment. More or less the same difference as the male/female alts).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They did that with Shulk and in a way, Lucina, so I see them doing it for Joker, especially with everyone standardizing to 8 colors.

(It'd be cool though)
I guess it would make sense to you. I still dont see it myself. Not sure what you mean with shulk, Shulk doesn't only have team member colors. And yeah, I can see stuff like more homages to other persona main characters, than just phantom thieves. And if there's a female mc, that could use anywhere form 4 to 1 slot.
Will be fun to see what actually turns up :)

Stayed up way late. gnights.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Shulk doesn't only have team member colors
Yeah, he has one shirtless costume to fill out the rest of his party members making Shulk + 7 + 1 swimsuit filler=8, but unlike Shulk, Joker has 7 main party members making a clean Joker + 7 =8.

Unless they make him an exception and give him >8 alts or give him non-party member alts, I don't see feMC fitting in any slots.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
According to PushDustin, that was Jack Frost appears in the moveset.
Wait what?

Did we get a separate leak, because I distinctly remember the "mementos" leak having Jack Frost being a part of the stage where he appears and "does a skill."

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Wait what?

Did we get a separate leak, because I distinctly remember the "mementos" leak having Jack Frost being a part of the stage where he appears and "does a skill."
It's the same leak. Machine translation gives a weird translation of it. Pushdustin posts a lot of **** on twitter, but I'll try and find it.

EDIT: Thank god my Googlefu isn't rusty. Here it is.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's the same leak. Machine translation gives a weird translation of it. Pushdustin posts a lot of **** on twitter, but I'll try and find it.

Huh... that's interesting.

They attack "for" those characters, not like they're used as part a move. So a minion type character like Nappa's Saibamen or something more similar to Zelda's Phantom I wonder.

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Huh... that's interesting.

They attack "for" those characters, not like they're used as part a move. So a minion type character like Nappa's Saibamen or something more similar to Zelda's Phantom I wonder.
It doesn't say they "attack". Could be just like as Toad.
The correct translation of those parts is "Slime/Jack Frost appear as part of Erdrick/Joker's move(s)".

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
It doesn't say they "attack". Could be just like as Toad.
The correct translation of those parts is "Slime/Jack Frost appear as part of Erdrick/Joker's move(s)".
To be fair, having Slime as part of Erdricks moveset isn't really that out of the ordinary. DQ introduced monster taming before games like Pokemon existed so it would be a decent side-B if it happens.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
he needs to see the colonel
Nice, I think it would've been better the other way around tho, so he could call himself McCloud, and the other KFSephiroth.

Yeah, he has one shirtless costume to fill out the rest of his party members making Shulk + 7 + 1 swimsuit filler=8, but unlike Shulk, Joker has 7 main party members making a clean Joker + 7 =8.

Unless they make him an exception and give him >8 alts or give him non-party member alts, I don't see feMC fitting in any slots.
It makes no sense to me, you're talking about a case where they would prioritize colors over a female alt, especially if it's like promoting p5r coming in the future I'm not sure how you can justify that. Not to mention any special skin they might want to add.
It feels like some weird ocd perspective, like oh no they cant miss one or two members or that ruins everything. I just dont get it. They're colors.

So now this is 2chan? Not 5ch?
Is there anything new in there or is that the same posts as before?

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
So, I was gonna get a McDonalds today, when......

Cashier Lady:
* Oh my freaking god, how am I going to tell him that we don't accept payment in Gil without him stabbing me from the other side of the bench... *

Did this actually happened at your local McDonalds or did you just found this image on the web?
This image popped up on my discord. It didn't happen to me, but I guarantee you, it would have been hilarious to see it live

he needs to see the colonel
Ah yes, the ending that would redeem Advent Children as a whole!

This was posted in the Erdrick thread but I want to hear thoughts from the SE thread.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This was brought up on Polar's twitter account. Apparently, on her end, Persona 5U was delayed for a Granblue fighting game. This was a part of the first 5chan leak with just Joker and Erdrick.

• Joker
  • The stage is Mementos
  • Jack Frost appears on screen with a skill
  • Marketing of P5R (complete version) and P5U (fighting game)
  • P5R is 2019
  • P5U is delayed because Arc is busy with the development of a Granblue fighting game <-- Right here!

• Erdrick
  • Stage is Alefgard
  • Erdrick (Male) and Erdrick (Female), 2 colors each of Anlucia and the Dragon Quest XI Hero [aka Luminary]
  • Slime appears on screen with a skill
  • Achieved through active collaboration on Square’s side to the benefit of overseas marketing for the DQ series

Wondering if I should take these implications seriously or not.
You know, looking at this made me realize, if this is true, the big irony is that not one, but three of the Square 7 would eventually find their way into the game in the end, directly related to being a fighter (Slime would be a part of a move, but you get the idea).

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Remember that posts shorter than 10 characters are treated as spam
I don't think it influences Erdricks changes too much. The leakers Persona connection is clearly strong, but has their DQ connection been showcased yet? For all we know that can be the weak link.
Exactly

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
C"h"rono

Nope

Cuphead only makes it weaker to me
Chrono is his originally written name, and appears in every Japanese material for the character.
And Cuphead doesn't make it weaker, come on.. There's even that rumor that many people are joining the bandwagon for, in which the Microsoft partnership is indeed bringing Cuphead for the Switch.

But I think it's fake for other reasons

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just a thought. What if each fighter pack is related to a genre. For example, Fighter Pass 1 is the "JRPG" pass
Yeeees.

That would exponentially increase the chance of the Demi-fiend making it. Still unlikely, but a guy can dream.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Chrono is his originally written name, and appears in every Japanese material for the character.
And Cuphead doesn't make it weaker, come on.. There's even that rumor that many people are joining the bandwagon for, in which the Microsoft partnership is indeed bringing Cuphead for the Switch.

But I think it's fake for other reasons
I'll take the "L" on the Chrono part as apparently he can be named that according to you and chinder.

I don't know wbaout the Cuphead rumor though. Where did this rumor come from or who is it from? Is this person/plave reputable? There's definitely something up between Nintendo and Microsoft it seems, though unless this rumor is from a very reputable source I'm not going to hold my breath on Cuphead.

D

Deleted member

The only time worth considering this leak is until after the SE character is revealed. If it's Chrono, this would be the new 5chan leak even if it's lacking in info and hard to really treat credibly.
There's also the JSON leak. Luckily for us if its anyone other than Crono, they get thrown in the trash.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
If joker took the "JRPG" theme, then, when wouldn't that mean that all of the Square 7 would be kinda deconfirmed?
No no, when I said it as the JRPG pass, I mean that every character in that pass are all JRPG characters. This is only if a season 2 ever happened. Course it's just a fun idea.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I'll take the "L" on the Chrono part as apparently he can be named that according to you and chinder.

I don't know wbaout the Cuphead rumor though. Where did this rumor come from or who is it from? Is this person/plave reputable? There's definitely something up between Nintendo and Microsoft it seems, though unless this rumor is from a very reputable source I'm not going to hold my breath on Cuphead.
JeuxVideo is a very reputable source from France, and has been on the business for many years.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
No no, when I said it as the JRPG pass, I mean that every character in that pass are all JRPG characters. This is only if a season 2 ever happened. Course it's just a fun idea.
Oh. Well if that was the case...

1, Joker
2. Erdrick
3. Isaac (a man can dream can't he?)
4. Elma
5. Geno

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It claims that cuphead is going to be the Microsoft DLC over the likes of Banjo, Steve or Master Chief which makes me call BS on this leak. No offense to Cuphead fans (I'm one myself) but that choice does not make any sense in the long run. I did analogy before and it still stands. Choosing Cuphead over Microsoft big three is like choosing Hellboy over the likes of Superman, Batman or Spiderman in a comic book crossover, or if we take anime/manga example, Natsu from Fairytail over Goku, Luffy or Naruto.

There is a reason why Sakurai went after Cloud for Final Fantasy representation over characters that have been on FF games on Nintendo consoles, or Joker when it comes to Persona protagonists. Plus that leak is extremely easy to do. Photoshop it on the computer, connect your computer with the TV and boom. there you have it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom