• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
About the design they could go with for Erdrick, since I see a lot of discussion between the Chibi NES style vs the SNES/GB style vs the Modern (Brown Hair) design, I think we should also keep in mind the possibility of a future remake design, since apparently there is already a DQ3 in Unreal Engine out in SE's vault.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
About the design they go with, I think we should also keep in mind the possibility of a future remake design, since apparently there is already a DQ3 in Unreal Engine out in SE's vault.
I heard about that, but dont really know the details. It is cool if true (dq3 remake)
Also, take a peak at which thread you're in :p

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
About the design they go with, I think we should also keep in mind the possibility of a future remake design, since apparently there is already a DQ3 in Unreal Engine out in SE's vault.
I thought they stated that a DQ12 would be made first over the DQ3 remake

Teeb147

Smash Legend
DQ3 deserves a remake. But if that takes too many resources than i'd settle for just a remaster/port at least.
I like new games, so really if they can make dq12 that's good with me.

Any new SE game would be cool (if they're good?) :)

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Someone needs to make a fake leak to spurn discussion or something tbh ngl
You wanted a fake leak? Okay. Here you go.

Some random internet person looking for karma by making a fake leak said:
I was fortunate to get in touch with a few acquaintances in Japan and North America who are knowledgeable on the development of Smash Bros.' post-launch content. It's so wild that you probably won't believe me and you'll probably write this off as fake. Here are the remaining characters (in no particular order):

Erdrick (Dragon Quest III)
2B (Nier: Automata)
Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie)
Dante (Devil May Cry)

Personal Thoughts:
- Erdrick is pretty much the worst kept secret right now.
- 2B shocked me, when did Nier or Drakengard ever get on Nintendo consoles? Her inclusion is so weird. This makes Cloud and Joker's inclusion look like obvious picks lol. Though one of my acquaintances said that Sakurai is friends with Yoko Taro like he is with Kojima. That's probably why she got in. She'll probably will create the biggest "WTF" reaction when the character reveal occurs. Heard she is broken like Smash4 Bayo (at least before balancing).
- Banjo-Kazooie is the XBOX rep. The discussion between Nintendo and Microsoft also included a XBOX character to be added. B-K was selected due to Rare's initial background with Nintendo and for being a long-time requested character by fans in Smash.
- Kamiya, Itsuno, and several Capcom higher-ups strongly pushed Nintendo and Sakurai for Dante to join the game. He is the DMC4 variant. Not to mention the series is back after a long time. Heard something about a game or two coming to Switch but not 100% sure. Like 2B, he is also broken pre-balancing. Man, what's with action game characters who join Smash that ends up resulting in them breaking the game?

You've been told the roster before hand....you've been warned.
Whatdya think? I give myself a 5/10. Maybe I should omit the personal thoughts and shorten some stuff to make it look like the usual 4Chan leak.

ZelDan

Smash Master
A friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend works at NIntendo and confirmed that the last 4 DLC newcomers are Dark Link, Byleth, L-block, and Sakurai himself.

you'll know I'm telling the truth when they're all announced this Friday. If they don't get announced, then trust me anyways because maybe Nintendo changed plans or something, I dunno.

D

Deleted member

my dad's mom's son's cousin twice removed's newborn child's mother's mother-in-law's grandpa who works at switch sent this to me I think it's real

real.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

This was posted in the Erdrick thread but I want to hear thoughts from the SE thread.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This was brought up on Polar's twitter account. Apparently, on her end, Persona 5U was delayed for a Granblue fighting game. This was a part of the first 5chan leak with just Joker and Erdrick.

• Joker
  • The stage is Mementos
  • Jack Frost appears on screen with a skill
  • Marketing of P5R (complete version) and P5U (fighting game)
  • P5R is 2019
  • P5U is delayed because Arc is busy with the development of a Granblue fighting game <-- Right here!

• Erdrick
  • Stage is Alefgard
  • Erdrick (Male) and Erdrick (Female), 2 colors each of Anlucia and the Dragon Quest XI Hero [aka Luminary]
  • Slime appears on screen with a skill
  • Achieved through active collaboration on Square’s side to the benefit of overseas marketing for the DQ series

Wondering if I should take these implications seriously or not.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This was posted in the Erdrick thread but I want to hear thoughts from the SE thread.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This was brought up on Polar's twitter account. Apparently, on her end, Persona 5U was delayed for a Granblue fighting game. This was a part of the first 5chan leak with just Joker and Erdrick.

• Joker
  • The stage is Mementos
  • Jack Frost appears on screen with a skill
  • Marketing of P5R (complete version) and P5U (fighting game)
  • P5R is 2019
  • P5U is delayed because Arc is busy with the development of a Granblue fighting game <-- Right here!

• Erdrick
  • Stage is Alefgard
  • Erdrick (Male) and Erdrick (Female), 2 colors each of Anlucia and the Dragon Quest XI Hero [aka Luminary]
  • Slime appears on screen with a skill
  • Achieved through active collaboration on Square’s side to the benefit of overseas marketing for the DQ series

Wondering if I should take these implications seriously or not.
I don't think it influences Erdricks changes too much. The leakers Persona connection is clearly strong, but has their DQ connection been showcased yet? For all we know that can be the weak link.

D

Deleted member

I don't think it influences Erdricks changes too much. The leakers Persona connection is clearly strong, but has their DQ connection been showcased yet? For all we know that can be the weak link.
There's not much to be said about the Dragon Quest connections beyond the obvious push for overseas DQ marketing. We know Nintendo will show off more for the series later, as stated in the February direct. (Curious as to what we'll get there but I digress.)

It would be funny if the leaker got all of this Joker info right just to lie about DQ being in Smash Bros.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well I'm glad you're discerning enough to not lump in claims together (which has been surprisingly rare), though at the very least i think it brings quite a bit more credibility to the leaker. As in at least someone can't say they entirely made up their info. (like entirely baseless fake leakers)

I'm actually kind of curious about the granblue fighting game too :O

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
There's not much to be said about the Dragon Quest connections beyond the obvious push for overseas DQ marketing. We know Nintendo will show off more for the series later, as stated in the February direct. (Curious as to what we'll get there but I digress.)

It would be funny if the leaker got all of this Joker info right just to lie about DQ being in Smash Bros.
It's less a case of lying and more the case of their DQ connections possibly not being as strong as their Persona connections.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's less a case of lying and more the case of their DQ connections possibly not being as strong as their Persona connections.
What if their SE connections are stronger :p and they just happen to know about persona because SE is one of the publishers?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eh.... I'm iffy on that. It's possible that he might be wrong when we look at it individually, but that's where I tie this to the big picture and note how Vergeben and Tansut would have to be wrong too. It's technically not impossible but it's another gold coin for the pile for now. Nothing's "confirmed" yet.

What I really want to know is how close is Polar to discovering the Smash newcomer. Has Polar actually ever revealed newcomers before?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What if their SE connections are stronger :p and they just happen to know about persona because SE is one of the publishers?
I don't think Square would know about what Sega(Or more specifically Atlus) is bringing for Smash, especially in such detail.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't think Square would know about what Sega(Or more specifically Atlus) is bringing for Smash, especially in such detail.
Probably. There's still a certain degree of extra connections there, especially depending on where they're working. But anyway, we still dont know which is their stronger connection. ;p Either way is possible.

Eh.... I'm iffy on that. It's possible that he might be wrong when we look at it individually, but that's where I tie this to the big picture and note how Vergeben and Tansut would have to be wrong too. It's technically not impossible but it's another gold coin for the pile for now. Nothing's "confirmed" yet.

What I really want to know is how close is Polar to discovering the Smash newcomer. Has Polar actually ever revealed newcomers before?
I wouldn't expec the intel to go quite that far. but who knows.. I dont look on twitter a lot, so if someone sees something interesting it'll probably be someone like you or whoever checks.

Last edited:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
User was warned for this post
Isn't there a single soul here who also wants to see Lara Croft in Ultimate (Don't give a crap is she's not in Vergeben's list)!

And once again! Why the hell do so many people want stupid rumpus Fredrick in the game (All there going to do is just make him A Robin/Marth rip off and then call it a day)???

Fredrick is a beyond uninteresting/boring/lame as hell choice and there's nothing about that scream's the most anticipated DLC CHARACTER THAT YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE RIGHT THE HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

And I don't give a rat's ass if he's huge in Japan! The ****/piss I took last night could be huge in Japan as well and a small portion of you would be wanting that sewer waste in Ultimate (And it just gives a clear sign that says that Nintendo excs. who decide the "DLC" and Sakurai are asshole liberal communist who hate America and would willing wag the middle fingers at us Americans at every opportunity)

We need a "DLC" fighter like a Lara or Geno who doesn't use a Sword (Us getting more Sword fighter "DLC" like The Joker would be dull/boring as ****)!

Is there anyone here who agree's with me on this (I don't care if I get a ton hatred from you all about this, but Fedrick would be the dumbest/pointless addition in the history of Smash)!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Isn't there a single soul here who also wants to see Lara Croft in Ultimate (Don't give a crap is she's not in Vergeben's list)!

And once again! Why the hell do so many people want stupid rumpus Fredrick in the game (All there going to do is just make him A Robin/Marth rip off and then call it a day)???

Fredrick is a beyond uninteresting/boring/lame as hell choice and there's nothing about that scream's the most anticipated DLC CHARACTER THAT YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE RIGHT THE HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

And I don't give a rat's *** if he's huge in Japan! The ****/piss I took last night could be huge in Japan as well and a small portion of you would be wanting that sewer waste in Ultimate (And it just gives a clear sign that says that Nintendo excs. who decide the "DLC" and Sakurai are ******* liberal communist who hate America and would willing wag the middle fingers at us Americans at every opportunity)

We need a "DLC" fighter like a Lara or Geno who doesn't use a Sword (Us getting more Sword fighter "DLC" like The Joker would be dull/boring as ****)!

Is there anyone here who agree's with me on this (I don't care if I get a ton hatred from you all about this, but Fedrick would be the dumbest/pointless addition in the history of Smash)!
This ain't it, chief.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Just report and move on people. Let's not derail the thread.
Hrrrrngh, derailed? I thought we were at a complete stop?! :4pacman:

In all seriousness, one part of that 'leak' always bugged me.

'Jack Frost appears on screen with a skill' <---- This is one of the safest things to put on here.

Is Jack Frost a part of Joker's moveset? Or are they a stage hazard on Mementos?

If either one becomes true, then this 5chan leak gets a point for putting a vague hint.

"See it was right!" "But what did you mean!?" "YES!!!"

I am willing to bet they have a great Atlus source. Dragon Quest info could be right...but what about an interesting tidbit like with Persona 5?

"P5U delayed because of Granblue" is pretty spot on, wont lie, But why did we not get something along the lines of...

"Dragon Quest XI S will have a swap option from 3D to 2D" This would give this a bit more credibility to the Dragon Quest part of the leak.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I don't like Fredrik being badmouthed. He could be a fun K. Rool Echo Fighter tbh

I'd be down to get his battle theme in Ultimate

or the other boss themes from DKCTF in Ultimate

or more Tropical freeze music in general in Ultimate

Dammit why isn't there more DKC tropical Freeze music in Smash? :glare:

D

Deleted member

Hrrrrngh, derailed? I thought we were at a complete stop?! :4pacman:

In all seriousness, one part of that 'leak' always bugged me.

'Jack Frost appears on screen with a skill' <---- This is one of the safest things to put on here.

Is Jack Frost a part of Joker's moveset? Or are they a stage hazard on Mementos?

If either one becomes true, then this 5chan leak gets a point for putting a vague hint.

"See it was right!" "But what did you mean!?" "YES!!!"

I am willing to bet they have a great Atlus source. Dragon Quest info could be right...but what about an interesting tidbit like with Persona 5?

P5U delayed because of Granblue is pretty spot on, wont lie, But why did we not get something along the lines of...

"Dragon Quest XI S will have a swap option from 3D to 2D" This would give this a bit more credibility to the Dragon Quest part of the leak.
That's some good speculation, yeah. The Granblue guess was the only real precise info that was confirmed. I want to say the post was made with the intent to just give us info instead of trying to prove itself, which explains why this person didn't go all out with the information for anything outside of Smash. An anonymous poster has little motivation to try and prove their credibility because the real goal is to just get info out.

But yeah, there are more unanswered questions than answered. I just want to hear more from Polar's side since she's the one who confirmed the P5U delay.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
That's some good speculation, yeah. The Granblue guess was the only real precise info that was confirmed. I want to say the post was made with the intent to just give us info instead of trying to prove itself, which explains why this person didn't go all out with the information for anything outside of Smash. An anonymous poster has little motivation to try and prove their credibility because the real goal is to just get info out.

But yeah, there are more unanswered questions than answered. I just want to hear more from Polar's side since she's the one who confirmed the P5U delay.
Hmmmm...Though now, IF that was just from a great Atlus Source....Why no mention of 'Jane'?

Instead we got presented with Erdrick alts and pretty specific ones to.

I am interested as well, but not going to worry about it too much. (Devil May Cry 5 SOOOOOON!!!)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think that would have been a safe bet as welll, because the DQ community was looking forward to the switch version having features from the 3DS. Especially 2D mode.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I think that would have been a safe bet as welll, because the DQ community was looking forward to the switch version having features from the 3DS. Especially 2D mode.
Goes to know how much I know about that lol. Didn't even realize there was a 3DS version. I guess that makes sense.

However, if they had said "Each Party member gets a new scenario", would that have been something to be skeptical about?

Again, I am just curious. I just want the Square Rep to be leaked properly, so this thread can get some rest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom