• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I hope Pokemon is soon, getting a bit tired of waiting for news on it.
It's only a matter of time.

Considering Pokemon is the 2019 Nintendo flagship title, and Game Freak usually does their own thing, we're probably gonna get a Gen 8 announcement within the next month or 2.

They've got to start the hype cycle soon.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
*Bursts door open*

Guys I figured out who Jane is!! Erdrick isn't our dragon quest rep!! Vergyburg is canceled!!

i'm only like half joking here
Soooo This was brought up in the Banjo Thread....What if?

I will argue, IF this code was for Ann Takamaki, supposedly for Joker's Final Smash, why ponytail and not pigtails?! There is kind of a big difference between those hair styles.

I highly doubt this, but why not think what if?
Jack = Joker No arguments here.
Brave = Erdrick (too perfect) or Banjo because first letter matches with code.
Jane could be Jade.

Again, very doubtful, but let's entertain the thought.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Soooo This was brought up in the Banjo Thread....What if?

I will argue, IF this code was for Ann Takamaki, supposedly for Joker's Final Smash, why ponytail and not pigtails?! There is kind of a big difference between those hair styles.

I highly doubt this, but why not think what if?
Jack = Joker No arguments here.
Brave = Erdrick (too perfect) or Banjo because first letter matches with code.
Jane could be Jade.

Again, very doubtful, but let's entertain the thought.
Or we could not because Jane being a codename for Jade makes absolutely no sense in any world.

and also because she's real pretty and i would've been really happy if she was the dq rep because i'm shallow so don't remind me of my heartbreak

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't see why not, in addition to DQB2 and DQXI there's a new Dragon Quest Monsters coming along (which would be hard to imagine not coming to Switch) with a few spinoffs. There's still info to be revealed about DQXI as well that could use some of this functionality.
I hope that's true, and I really like dragon quest monsters. I wasnt able to play the last one because it didn't come to the west. At least if it's on Switch I'll be able to play it regardless since games aren't region-locked for it :)

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
If anyone picked up FFIX and it was your first FF, how is your experience?
I'm going to be honest. I think a lot of the SMRPG fanbase would love that game more than any other FF, imo. At least this is my hunch from what I had experienced here.
I hope that at least it's an enjoyable game for everyone to get more interest in the series. And hype up for VII next month!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm going to be honest. I think a lot of the SMRPG fanbase would love that game more than any other FF, imo. At least this is my hunch from what I had experienced here.
I hope that at least it's an enjoyable game for everyone to get more interest in the series. And hype up for VII next month!
It'll be my first, because I plan on picking it up. A friend of mine, my very best friend, normally hates modern FF... yet he loves IX. I have to see what the hubbub is about.

Your comment on how SMRPG's fanbase might like it is particularly interesting me now. I've gotta get it when I have more cash.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
It'll be my first, because I plan on picking it up. A friend of mine, my very best friend, normally hates modern FF... yet he loves IX. I have to see what the hubbub is about.
That's not surprising, since IX is an intentional throwback. It brought back a lot of the classic Final Fantasy iconography, and it's a lot more upbeat and fun than any game since V had been. Some of the party members are a bit undercooked and the whole thing unravels a bit toward the end, but for the most part it's a solid, charming, unpretentious adventure. It's my personal favourite, though I understand why some people think it's a bit too safe.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It wasn’t my first FF, but it’s def my favorite. It so elegantly captures what makes Final Fantasy great, with a touching plot and awesome characters. Probably a great starting point (or maybe a great finishing point)

D

Deleted member

While I need to replay a few FF to give an honest opinion on how they hold up, I can only say that FFIX has the best romance story of all the FF games
Vivi and Quina

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Oh my. MajoraMan28 MajoraMan28 will not be pleased.

:p
Hahahahaha
I mean, it's his opinion. He can like or dislike whatever he feels like, but I can still question his taste. :4pacman:

Nor am I. Imo it’s the third best, after 6 and 7.
Your Top 3 is the same as mine. Not sure if you posted in order, but mine is:
VII > VI > IX
These are masterful games, with a huge heart, timeless soundtrack and epic plot.
It wasn’t my first FF, but it’s def my favorite. It so elegantly captures what makes Final Fantasy great, with a touching plot and awesome characters. Probably a great starting point (or maybe a great finishing point)
That final remark.. ;_;
But I agree. It was a fitting end to what the series stood for.

Your comment on how SMRPG's fanbase might like it is particularly interesting me now. I've gotta get it when I have more cash.
Cool!! I can't wait to hear what you think! ^^
Ohhhh.. You're friend is a cool dude!! :D

I stand by my comment. I think it is the case because of its artstyle and take on characters. Out of the 3 best FFs ever made, IX is the one with the most lighthearted character designs (at least until near the end) but with the biggest heart in terms of warmth and characters that I think the SMRPG fans love. It's classic in aesthetics and has themes that I think would ressonate better. IX is overall just more cheerful. VII and VI, while also timeless and emotional, are darker, with characters that have designs more in line with stuff like The Legend of Zelda.
But that's just my take on it. Not saying it will be your favorite, but is very likely to be the case.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
FFIX is at my personal #5 spot.
I feel like I should have liked it more, which is why I’m going to play it again.
A few years ago (beat it only days before getting FFX on PS2, but on an emulator, so my experience might not have been as pure as it will be this time, now that I own the original discs.)

Most FFs are masterpieces. I was obsessed with them a little over a decade ago. At least up to X. Once I played around with FFXII’s demo and stumbled into its battle system, it was curtains down for FF for me.

But yeah, 7, 6, 5, 4, 9 are my top 5 FFs. (And kudos for 3, gaining a major boost from dead last to #6 spot for me once I beat it).

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
III is also my number 6. Lmao. But yeah, the classic saga had a good run.
A pity to see how X onwards things changed so drastically.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It's only a matter of time.

Considering Pokemon is the 2019 Nintendo flagship title, and Game Freak usually does their own thing, we're probably gonna get a Gen 8 announcement within the next month or 2.

They've got to start the hype cycle soon.
The Pokemon Company has started to put out some weird tourist attraction commercial styled videos as in said region is a real place you can visit. They started about 4 days ago with Kanto and has now worked their way up to Shinon. I'm seriously wondering if they are indicating something because otherwise, I don't get the point in them

Final Fantasy IX topped the charts this week! :D

https://nintendoeverything.com/switch-eshop-charts-2-23-19/
As it deserves

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The Pokemon Company has started to put out some weird tourist attraction commercial styled videos as in said region is a real place you can visit. They started about 4 days ago with Kanto and has now worked their way up to Shinon. I'm seriously wondering if they are indicating something because otherwise, I don't get the point in them

As it deserves
All I think I need to say is that Alola is on the 26th.
And it lasts until the 27th.

D

Deleted member

I've read about complaints for the FF 9 Switch port. What's are they about?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
All I think I need to say is that Alola is on the 26th.
And it lasts until the 27th.
That would be a Wednesday reveal for Gen 8 if this trend is correct.
Meaning they'd probably announce the reveal on Tuesday (same day as the Alola video).
Unless they just randomly drop it... which I don't think is gonna happen.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Where do you guys think the next pokemon region goes next I'm think something regal England type region

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
A Hong Kong region could be cool. Dense but detailed.

Of course, I'd really love to see them take another swing at Orre. Never ever.

D

Deleted member

Wonder what 21st century America Pokemon would look like. Or was that Black and White? I don't remember much about Gen 5.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
FFV is my favourite!

I go

V > X-2 > VI > IX > VII > IV > I > TAY > The ones I don't like (of which I 'spose VIII would be next)

Clearly Dragon Quest is more my Jam than Final Fantasy though with only FFV featuring in that sort of tier.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I've read about complaints for the FF 9 Switch port. What's are they about?
It’s the same port as the one that mobile and PC got, with the same bugs and some odd changes. Story and gameplay are the same though, changes are stuff like the font and menu interface.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
It’s the same port as the one that mobile and PC got, with the same bugs and some odd changes. Story and gameplay are the same though, changes are stuff like the font and menu interface.
And I would argue that would be a good thing. The font isn`t something irritating, but the new models look so smooth, and many of the original glitches aren`t in the game anymore, even though others showed up (although few in number).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
And I would argue that would be a good thing. The font isn`t something irritating, but the new models look so smooth, and many of the original glitches aren`t in the game anymore, even though others showed up (although few in number).
I love the original font though. It gives the game a vibe.

Top Bottom