• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I was hoping they'd roll with it and do something wacky like replace them with files called "jack2" and "brave2" or something mindbendy like that. I was looking forward to being messed with.

That said, removing the files outright is DEFINITELY the most they've messed with us. Now with the possibility of a Nintendo Direct only somewhat guaranteed if sources are to be trusted, we're back to (S)quare one.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ah well...

The waiting game continues. Now with the stats disappearing altogether. What could it mean...

D

Deleted member

Welp, it absolutely sucks that the codenames and everything disappeared altogether which Stagnates the discussion ten-fold. I'll be using the Social thread mostly until we learn anything new. Cya around guys and goodnight.

D

Deleted member

Well then. We're now given somehow less evidence to work with now. Seems to be another info draught unless some other big data reveal happens. Probs not gonna reply as much now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
So
- PP now playable.
- All-star is Save-corrupting
- Brave has disappeared from the game.

Basically 2.0 is an even worse version of the game.
:p
Not at all,
PP Playable is pretty neat
All-Star save-corrupting is just a bug so.. Use cloud if you can or avoid using PP on it
Brave and jack were removed due to all the things we're doing here, glad Nintendo actually did something about it and said "OH SH- REMOVE THEM WHAT THE FU AHAH NONO"

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Just found the Japanese commerical I saw brought up a few pages ago. I can't believe it. Piranha Plant was SMRPG character all along.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
It's not.
I doubt that brave is Geno myself, saying this as a Geno fan (I'd say there's a less than 1% chance that he is) — but stuff like that really doesn't contribute to the conversation at all, you know? It comes across as a teeny bit callous to do so, too. Presenting an argument does wonders, man.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if in the end, The Fighter Pass doesn't have any SE character at all. :4pacman:
Remember when we used to think one was guaranteed when Verge first said there will be an SE rep?

Good times.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm still 100% sure that the one who "called it" that there would be an S-E character sr the VGA (this making it the first DLC character to be unveiled) was Leakypandy.
Anybody else just be piggybacking.

Still. The fact that a (different) DLC character was announced there is either a coincidence or LP did have at least some info right.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I'm still 100% sure that the one who "called it" that there would be an S-E character sr the VGA (this making it the first DLC character to be unveiled) was Leakypandy.
Anybody else just be piggybacking.

Still. The fact that a (different) DLC character was announced there is either a coincidence or LP did have at least some info right.
I think they made a desicion up to what they had, like, "We have a TON of information about the SE rep so, it MUST be the first DLC reveal right?" I'd have done the same.
Speculation is like a gambling game, isn't?

-Coco-

Smash Ace
I think they made a desicion up to what they had, like, "We have a TON of information about the SE rep so, it MUST be the first DLC reveal right?" I'd have done the same.
Speculation is like a gambling game, isn't?
That's literally why Verge thought the SE rep was first too.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised is that was the case, However, I'M Surprised that, he actually never said that.
If you want to see some logic in his attitude the first thing that goes into mind is "I deduced bad since I had all this information about it, It took me oof guard" or something, right? He never actually gave an explanation about it, that makes me think someone told him that the SE was the first to get announce, that someone probably got fired because of this. The date about the reveal, was a leakbait too.

For sure, this is just a presumption.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Actually it was his sources that told him that. He wasn't just speculating, hence the shock when JOker came first.
Imagine if in the end, The Fighter Pass doesn't have any SE character at all. :4pacman:
I've always stated that as a possiblity, and it looks as plausible now as it did before.

D

Deleted member

Clearly Nintendo is so enraged at our data mining that they’re cutting Joker and whoever Brave is completely. You brought this upon yourself.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
The data might be gone, but it does give us something out of this. With Piranha Plant now out, there doesn’t need to be an update about him anymore in a direct. I can see us getting a Joker gameplay reveal along with whoever the next character is. Whenever this first direct of the year ends up being at this point, is where the character will probably get revealed.

It seems like they still want us to be surprised by whoever Brave ends up being. I actually don’t think dataminers are going to be lucky anymore after this. I do think that Nintendo knows that people are out there datamining the game, and that’s why the stats are all of a sudden gone.

I really do think that we aren’t going to know who these other four characters are, till they are revealed. So, Brave stats being gone, may be a good thing!

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Actually, there IS one thing that dataminers could do to give us a very slight idea of future updates.
It might be interesting to check the stats of PP and compare them with previous iterations. See how some of the key stats changed from 1.2.1 to 2.0.0

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Actually it was his sources that told him that. He wasn't just speculating, hence the shock when JOker came first.

I've always stated that as a possiblity, and it looks as plausible now as it did before.
No Verge literally said that he assumed the SE rep was first because that's who he heard about the most.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
No Verge literally said that he assumed the SE rep was first because that's who he heard about the most.
Going off of what he said before Joker came, he certainly didn't spotlight it as an assumption. If he claimed that after Joker was revealed as first, then that's debatable.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Going off of what he said before Joker came, he certainly didn't spotlight it as an assumption. If he claimed that after Joker was revealed as first, then that's debatable.
Most of those pictures don't even talk about the Square guy being first, just the third one. Don't know why even bring them up.
Also, he has talked about that whole situation (and I'm pretty sure he admitted his mistake on that regard, but I can't find the post):
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77344587?jumpto=48#48
It was said to me the days after Joker's reveal & in past few days Sakurai's interview proved there was fact behind it. I don't know when Joker was chosen for the Fighters Pass all together but the decision to reveal him was something Nintendo decided on over the original plan for The Game Awards. Which was a Square Enix character being the first Fighters Pass character.

D

Deleted member

Actually, there IS one thing that dataminers could do to give us a very slight idea of future updates.
It might be interesting to check the stats of PP and compare them with previous iterations. See how some of the key stats changed from 1.2.1 to 2.0.0
Could be helpful, but I remember that PP was one of the characters that Noatesty (one of the guys on reddit who leaked PP) mentioned were fairly well into development. The issue is that changes the plant could just be adjustments rather than something substantial.

D

Deleted member

Also technically Noatesty was wrong. He said Pirahna Plant doesn’t use fire, but it’s in his back air.

This means Noatesty is a hack fraud who just luckily guessed his way through.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Most of those pictures don't even talk about the Square guy being first, just the third one. Don't know why even bring them up.
I'm not the one who made the photo.
Don't know why even bring them up.
Also, he has talked about that whole situation (and I'm pretty sure he admitted his mistake on that regard, but I can't find the post):
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77344587?jumpto=48#48
Aha, thank you. There you go -Coco- -Coco- , that settles it. He was given the info that an alleged SE rep would be first.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Here is Verge saying it was an assumption.
He seems to be addressing a narrative assumption, not just something he made on his own speculation. Otherwise, that would contradict his quotes regarding that he was provided info and certain about it. Not to mention Nemuresu Nemuresu providing the bit where Joker apparently got decided over the "original plan".

Top Bottom