• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

What loss of income??
I mean wouldn't Square get less Money from Base game than from DLC? I should've phrased it better; By loss of income I meant not maximizing profits Smash could make them as Base Game usually makes less money than DLC and as we've seen with Square they like making their Characters DLC.

Misc DLC, like in Smash 4? I will reiterate my previous comment. I don't think that they will make misc DLC at least for the moment, considering people would just get angry if its a cool character and is not in the pass. Possibly after the fighter pass is done, they can release some fighters as misc DLC or do another season.
Yeah I meant after the Fighters Pass is done they Srart making Misc DLC like they did in Smash 4. Not during as that would obviously make some upset but wait a little bit after and continue to do Misc DLC as they've done like Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

Huh? I thought they were just memes derived from Mexican Dragon Ball memes like Gohan Blanco.
They are. I’m just saying they remind me a lot of those old Chuck Norris memes. Man, I haven’t heard anything about Chuck in years now.

D

Deleted member

They are. I’m just saying they remind me a lot of those old Chuck Norris memes. Man, I haven’t heard anything about Chuck in years now.
Memes are bound to be repetitive I'm afraid, from that time of the Chuck Norris Jokes there were the advice animals for example. And those were some of the most redundant stuff and they lasted long enough when they first appeared.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Well, doesn't have much to do with the topic, but Piranha Plant has its own Guidance:
Makes me hope the other 5 characters get their own too.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Huh so piranha plant appears in the artwork roster… DLC characters might also appear in the artwork as well then? That opens the question to how would you guys see each one of the SE characters from the list interact in the roster.
Hell now I woudn't be surprised if someone makes a grinch 2.0 leak with DLC characters…

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Huh so piranha plant appears in the artwork roster… DLC characters might also appear in the artwork as well then? That opens the question to how would you guys see each one of the SE characters from the list interact in the roster.
Hell now I woudn't be surprised if someone makes a grinch 2.0 leak with DLC characters…
Please no to the last part.

Edit: its watering Pikmin, how cute.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Sakurai please stop teasing us with this and PP's classic mode image being a SMRPG reference, too

I'm in pain, Sakurai, it hurts
"Well I heard Mario music, What else could it be? What else? Well of course, a ****ing piranha!"
-Someone's answer when asked why they expected Geno in Plant's trailer.

D

Deleted member

Wait. Didn't that one 4chan leak say that Piranha Plant would be available for normal purchase at a later date?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Wait. Didn't that one 4chan leak say that Piranha Plant would be available for normal purchase at a later date?
No, Sakurai himself said that. It wasn't just exclusive to that leak. Also, the leak claimed PP would be releasing way later than it actually has, so it's a proven fake now.

D

Deleted member

No, Sakurai himself said that. It wasn't just exclusive to that leak. Also, the leak claimed PP would be releasing way later than it actually has, so it's a proven fake now.
Pretty sure that was said in the direct too. It's free now for those who registered though.
Huh. That info must have eluded me. I think it also said something about a Yoshi Crafty Land stage. If we don't get that any time soon, it seems to be just outright fake.

D

Deleted member

Seems a bit strange that we got the plant with no notification of it. Wonder if maybe one of the leaks contained real info :b

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Well they definitely won't talk about PP in a Nintendo direct now, it's just in the game and that's it now. If there is anything Smash related next direct or whenever they decide to do it, it should be a new announcement.

D

Deleted member

Well they definitely won't talk about PP in a Nintendo direct now, it's just in the game and that's it now. If there is anything Smash related next direct or whenever they decide to do it, it should be a new announcement.
Yeah. We're only going up from here, which is great to know. I think the least we can expect now is Joker's release date being announced, Joker's moveset being shown off, or a new stage.

E: Or, you know, nothing new for the next month.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
They can still tell when it releases for those who didn't get a code/register the game before this next Thursday.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
LMFAO
I just got into Mizumi's Twitter and saw textures for alts for an Akira Toriyama character that wasn't finished.
Glancing at it for a microsecond gave me a mini heartattack that the S-E character was finally in the game. XD

But it was for the DBFZ patch that got out right now as well

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

LMFAO
I just got into Mizumi's Twitter and saw textures for alts for an Akira Toriyama character that wasn't finished.
Glancing at it for a microsecond gave me a mini heartattack that the S-E character was finally in the game. XD

You almost made me fly off of my seat in excitement man. More fuel to the waiting game.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
LMFAO

Funny that both came out at the same time. Videl has an alt for her pigtail design in Fighterz. How exciting! Wonder if they'll ever utilize it.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
The datamine has begun will begin soon. Now we wait.

Thankfully Piranha Plant will make the wait easier :ultpiranha:

Edit: made a correction.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
As of right now, Mizumi is streaming and only datamining DBFZ at the moment. If datamining starts soon, he probably won't be the one doing it just yet.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I don't have him yet. Have not gotten the email.
Did you check your spam or promotions folder? I found the code for Piranha Plant in my promotions back in December.

Edit: also if you have a physical copy, you have to highlight it on the Switch menu, press +, then go to My Nintendo Rewards Program. If you bought the game digitally it should be in your email.

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
LMFAO

Yeah, Mizumi was the among the people who datamined all 8 DLC characters for that game, and iirc, he was the one who leaked Cooler's announcer. Not surprised to see he's putting his hands on the game's data again, let's see if he catches the other 2 unannounced guys.

Top Bottom