• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Aha! Thanks, I like drawing- there was one for Erdrick and Sora, when I though either of them would be the TGA reveals- there it is, even though it was a quick sketch, it's still nice to see and show.

eYo that's super duper good. And the right thread to put it in :D

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Oh! Hey! Thanks! I'm glad you all enjoyed my edit. Yeah, I'm the one who made that one, but I'm happy you guys like it, and feel free to use it! I have no issue!
Aha! Thanks, I like drawing- there was one for Erdrick and Sora, when I though either of them would be the TGA reveals- there it is, even though it was a quick sketch, it's still nice to see and show.

Dude! Your art is so awesome! How did you get this good? I'm a novice artist myself and I hope I can get this good one day. Also, thank you for letting me use your edit as an avatar, it looks incredible! Keep up with the great work with the art. I seriously love it. Do you have any site where you post your stuff? I'd love to see it.

Calane

Smash Ace
Okay, I just finished checking those songs out and for the most part they made me tired cause they're super soothing and calm. Which isn't a bad thing necessarily but you don't want to put in music that would make somebody fall asleep. The Music for the most part is pretty good but my favorites are Memories of a lost world, Town Square banquet and A Quiet Village. Overall not bad music, I don't think those kinds of songs fit in smash but not bad.
That list of DQ music I posted wasn't supposed to be a Smash related thing.

People were talking about music at the time, and a lot of people were acting like DQ didn't have any good tracks. Because of that, I took the time to post some DQ music that I really like. It didn't have anything to do with whether they'd fit in Smash or not. Just saying.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

And I thought I knew how to sketch. Hahahahaha
Absolutely beautiful. Very impressive!!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I wonder if Square could actually use Geno in ways that would not need the Mario world and just the character(Or at least part of the character). Like, if Sora actually did have a Geno costume like that art, would that be okay? Though, I imagine they would only do something like that as a Switch exclusive bonus or something, because that is where the audience is. Idk, it's just something I am wondering about.

D

Deleted member

Fairly representative of the art styles. Good job mate.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey guys. I’m back. What have you guys been talking abo...

*Sees the past couple of pages of Geno “discussion”*

What the **** happened here?

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
You know, I wonder if Square could actually use Geno in ways that would not need the Mario world and just the character(Or at least part of the character). Like, if Sora actually did have a Geno costume like that art, would that be okay? Though, I imagine they would only do something like that as a Switch exclusive bonus or something, because that is where the audience is. Idk, it's just something I am wondering about.
Maybe if KH3 gets ported to the Switch one day, it could be a DLC costume or something. I'd buy it instantly if it happened.

Also, I changed my signature to show my support to the Square boys, I also threw the Reapers's symbol in there because Neku is another favorite of mine. I'd honestly be very happy with any of the Square 7 getting in the game. They all have a lot of potential for fun movesets and come from really good games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys. I’m back. What have you guys been talking abo...

*Sees the past couple of pages of Geno “discussion”*

What the **** happened here?
Speculation.

That Geno speculation.

Which made me want to change my pfp to a certain someone

D

Deleted member

I think it depends on how the contract with SMRPG was made. As Geno could very well be a character that neither Nintendo nor SE can use without the other, or Geno being attached to the Mario franchise.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Maybe if KH3 gets ported to the Switch one day, it could be a DLC costume or something. I'd buy it instantly if it happened.
It was an example, but Geno inclusion in KH would be pretty sweet, even if it is unlikely. It would certainly be a nice bonus for the extra wait Switch owners are going to have to go through. What would that actually be though? Kingdom Hearts does not typically do optional costumes.

Edit: I just remembered, Aqua get some optional ascetic stuff in 0.2! So it could work out!
Great, now I want Aqua wearing Geno stuff.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
It was an example, but Geno inclusion in KH would be pretty sweet, even if it is unlikely. It would certainly be a nice bonus for the extra wait Switch owners are going to have to go through. What would that actually be though? Kingdom Hearts does not typically do optional costumes.
Maybe have an area that changes Sora appearance, like the Halloween Town and Vampire Sora. Sora would have a Geno costume and could have a Keyblade designed after either Exor or the Seven Stars. The area could be the Forest Maze or Smithy's Factory.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Maybe have an area that changes Sora appearance, like the Halloween Town and Vampire Sora. Sora would have a Geno costume and could have a Keyblade designed after either Exor or the Seven Stars. The area could be the Forest Maze or Smithy's Factory.
I actually just made an edit correcting myself on something.
Edit: I just remembered, Aqua get some optional ascetic stuff in 0.2! So it could work out!
Great, now I want Aqua wearing Geno stuff.
So some Geno clothing could still work if they have that system in the future.
Aqua in Geno clothing would actually fit very well, now that I think about it...

D

Deleted member

I actually just made an edit correcting myself on something.

So some Geno clothing could still work if they have that system in the future.
Aqua in Geno clothing would actually fit very well, now that I think about it...
I'm excited right now lol

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The idea of Geno being referenced in KH.

Even if it's unlikely

Masked Marshmallow Masked Marshmallow summarized it perfectly
It is a fun idea to think about, even if it is unlikely. Does all make good fan art material though, as proven by Nekoo Nekoo .
It has made me adopt the headcannon that the reason Geno has been gone all this time is because he has been lost in the Realm of Darkness. And yes, that was influenced by the Aqua connections I commented on.

D

Deleted member

ingnore please. something messed up when writing this post

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I did this in the general thread already, but you guys deserve this too:

THANK YOU ALL FOR 5000 LIKES!!

11AE3D04-3347-4D3F-8F22-F785C6E830DE.jpeg

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I think I'm going to buy The World Ends With You: Final Remix. Not sure if its as good as the DS version, but I feel like replaying TWEWY. I heard there's extra content though.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
That'd be one hot dude if he gets the new line up ;)
Since I don't want to use too much space at least in this thread, i'll just share this pic to end my side of it here:

Geno took the doll because it looked powerful. But what if had felt like taking the peach one? :O
i want to hug that doll ;v;
http://rosie.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1547833036/912
From here. It's a recruitment thread for battle arena.
Saying, "I'm pissed so I'll just show it. I don't care anything anymore."

912 なまえをいれてください (ブーイモ MMf3-juPH [210.138.178.19] 2019/01/22(火) 23:28:41.72 ID:cGGLbdG3M
https://i.imgur.com/eQvbYPa.jpg

ムシャクシャしたので晒すわ
もう知らん何も知らん
ah thanks
wonder what's the point of that post? a messed up art fan art piece?

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm late to this but I suppose I'll share my thoughts on the leak list of 7:

Geno: He's kind of interesting for me, since I originally actually didn't really support Geno for Smash. While I've been a fan of SMRPG since I was a child, I used to have the mindset of "hey, I like this game as much as the next guy, but this is still the only game Geno really has to his name...a game from decades ago...". It wasn't until sometime early on in Ultimate's speculation cycle when I decided to put serious thought on how Geno's inclusion could make sense or be fitting, and one thing that I realized is the fact that every Mario rep we have largely reps the platformer side; there wasn't a character that came from the RPG side of things exclusively, which i sactually kind of unfortunate considering how big and beloved that part of Mario is. At that Point geno started to grow on me as far as Smash goes. SMRPG was the first game that started it all, and as far as original characters to that game is concerned, Geno was one of the most important. this new mindset I gained + my love of SMRPG + knowing how long people have wanted the doll in Smash = Geno skyrocketing near the top of my personal wanted list.

Crono: Crono is a character I haven't really supported, partially for the same reason I initially wasn't on the hype train, but also because the dude didn't even have the demand that Geno had and thus never seemed likely to me. that said, if Crono DID make it into Smash, I'd actually be pretty excited for that, especially if we got a good amount of Chrono Trigger music and maybe even some Cross music. Cjhrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time, so seeing it get into Smash would be a hard thing not to get hyped for for me.

Sephiroth: Similar to Crono, I never really hyped him since I never really thought he had a chance, but FFVII is my favorite game in the FF franchise and I do really like Sephiroth as a villain, so I would certainly be down to see him get into Smash. It'd be a great way to get more FF music into Smash (maybe this time we'll get not just 2, but 3 new songs! Whoo boy!)

Erdrick/luminary: I haven't played the games these dudes came from, and haven\t played that much Dragon Quest in my life, so I can't say either of these 2 would do that much for me. I'm largely indifferent to them. That said, seeing Dragon Quest get into Smash would be kinda dope since its such a big and important thing for the JRPG genre. I could appreciate dragon Quest being in Smash in the same way I appreciate Pan-Man being in Smash; neither are franchises I personally don't care about that much, but still kind cool to see Smash getting franchises with so much weight and important under its belt.

Slime: While I'm open to Dragon Quest getting into Smash, I'm not sure how I feel about another mook making the roster. I know its iconic and bigger for DQ than Pirahna Plant is for Mario, but still...

Sora: I've never played a KH game and don't really have any interest to. On top of that, I honestly feel that Sora's original design is pretty Goofy (pun mostly intended). His KHIII design is better IMO, but I don't know if they'd go with that over the original since the original has atleast been on Nintendo systems before through spin-off stuff AFAIK. Overall Either Sora or Slime are the ones I have least interest in.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm going to buy The World Ends With You: Final Remix. Not sure if its as good as the DS version, but I feel like replaying TWEWY. I heard there's extra content though.
I personally enjoyed it. The controls were a little more finicky than the DS version, but the extra content was a blast and it was great fun to play through the game again.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Friendly reminder that it`s extremely rare for a game to reach a 2.0 update without a significant patch.
Maybe we`ll get PP as well as other content.
This might mean a Nintendo Direct may be closer than we thought

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Friendly reminder that it`s extremely rare for a game to reach a 2.0 update without a significant patch.
Maybe we`ll get PP as well as other content.
This might mean a Nintendo Direct may be closer than we thought
I can see a direct being held February 1st, since it's the day the Piranha Plant preorder ends. Directs tend to be near or during the weekend, and February 1st is Friday. Only time will tell, but I'm sure a Direct is coming.

Top Bottom