• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Kirby doesn't have anything between his legs either but he is a male
I've heard plenty of people refer to kirby as a girl.
Anyway it doesn't really matter. But some things are ambiguous enough for people to think of it how they want.

D

Deleted member

I've heard plenty of people refer to kirby as a girl.
Anyway it doesn't really matter. But some things are ambiguous enough for people to think of it how they want.
Nah. Kirby a dude too.

Yeah it doesn't but I know Geno is a dude :laugh:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Nah. Kirby a dude too.

Yeah it doesn't but I know Geno is a dude :laugh:
Funny to joke around, tho I dunno how serious you are, but here you go:

"in the Japanese version he was referred as 「若者」 (wakamono), which translates to a more general "youth". Other Japanese sources (except the manga) do not confirm Kirby's gender, so he is referred to with gender neutral pronouns for a broader, more universal appeal in the Japanese market, along with most other Kirby characters "

"Masahiro Sakurai once teased a player surprised to know that Samus is a female character that Kirby (and Pikachu) might actually be female as well, but jokingly left the idea as a mystery instead of outright confirming it "

There's been some male pronouns for kirby in a few places but that's because the english language doesn't have gender neutral pronouns. And I haven't seen Geno being referred to as a guy anywhere.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Funny to joke around, tho I dunno how serious you are, but here you go:

"in the Japanese version he was referred as 「若者」 (wakamono), which translates to a more general "youth". Other Japanese sources (except the manga) do not confirm Kirby's gender, so he is referred to with gender neutral pronouns for a broader, more universal appeal in the Japanese market, along with most other Kirby characters "

"Masahiro Sakurai once teased a player surprised to know that Samus is a female character that Kirby (and Pikachu) might actually be female as well, but jokingly left the idea as a mystery instead of outright confirming it "

There's been some male pronouns for kirby in a few places but that's because the english language doesn't have gender neutral pronouns. I haven't seen Geno being referred to as a guy anywhere though.
But Geno is a dude

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I know this is all a joke but...
Yeah but that's the english translation, and also that's not ♡♪!? yet.
It can be a joke, or it can be serious, depends how people care i guess.

Thank you Dax :")

Yep.

Geno's a dude no matter how you slice it

And a male
Fair enough, to you Geno is a stoner guy. To me it's a benevolent sexless spirit inhabiting a doll.
:)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fair enough, to you Geno is a stoner guy. To me it's a benevolent sexless spirit inhabiting a doll.
Alright.

Geno is a dude though
:bobomb:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

He's not a stoner. He's a wooder. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

All this dude and stoner conversation is making me remember "Dude, where's my car?".

Only watch it when drunk or stoned, its pretty much trash otherwise.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
He will still be a dude
That'd be one hot dude if he gets the new line up ;)
Since I don't want to use too much space at least in this thread, i'll just share this pic to end my side of it here:

Geno took the doll because it looked powerful. But what if had felt like taking the peach one? :O

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That'd be one hot dude if he gets the new line up ;)
Since I don't want to use too much space at least in this thread, i'll just share this pic to end my side of it here:

Geno said he took the doll because it looked powerful. But what if had felt like taking the peach one? :O
Would still be a dude :grin:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I was lookin around for a Geno avatar and I found the best picture ever.

New avatar found.
Oh, this-
This is beautiful.
Nekoo Nekoo I found a cool Geno and Sora imag-

Oops. Read this too late :4pacman:

Oh! Hey! Thanks! I'm glad you all enjoyed my edit. Yeah, I'm the one who made that one, but I'm happy you guys like it, and feel free to use it! I have no issue!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh! Hey! Thanks! I'm glad you all enjoyed my edit. Yeah, I'm the one who made that one, but I'm happy you guys like it, and feel free to use it! I have no issue!
You happened to make it? Did Masked Marshmallow Masked Marshmallow know that? :p
It's much better than what I found, which is just two pictures put together (still good tho):

1538123497576.png

There's also this one but i'm not sure what it's from.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Aha! Thanks, I like drawing- there was one for Erdrick and Sora, when I though either of them would be the TGA reveals- there it is, even though it was a quick sketch, it's still nice to see and show.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I didn't know my post would cause a running gag. But yeah, in the English localization, Geno is male. I can't speak for the Japanese version.

I know they were just jokes, but let's all try not to assume genitals reveal gender anymore. Trans people existing means that point is moot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom