• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

For everyone who points out it's a 4chan leak therefore it's false like all others, bear in mind Piranha Plant was leaked there as one of the last new characters (along Ken and Incineroar) and no one noticed until after the fact. :V

Don't instantly beleive one, but don't instantly denounce one as fake either JUST because it's from 4chan. :p

D

Deleted member

Well thanks to everyone for cheering me up.
In the end other than venting, I decided to channel my feelings in a different, perhaps more fun way.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca8...x9ja-bdafbb3d-e5c6-4028-a358-1992919885f1.png

Meet Gerdrino. .... Or Sordrira.... Or Gerardrick?
Regardless, imposible not to like him now. :p
That's hilarious! I like how the Geno costume and the Keyblade are adapted to the artstyle of Akira Toriyama. I also made another version of the Square 7 fusion I posted a few days ago. I blame the boredom for it.

https://i.imgur.com/pvhLure.png
Lmao I love both of these.

And the editing is perfect

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Yeah, I liked seeing it, but I have to say it's just well put, and doesnt get too extreme. (Actually now that I've looked at it more, the dates for things dont make too much sense, releasing them way too soon too. would be amazing, but yeah..)
Still just a 4chan post
Ninty said it caught his eye cuz of the patch:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
This leak smells fake just due to timing. Everything has been piggy backing off of the 5ch leak and he completely dropped the ball on Piranha Plants details. He won't be available to purchase until March 1st if he is free until the 31st and releasing mid February. The fact is he is going to be available for purchase in mid February right after release for anyone who missed the window.

Just suspicious of this entire post to the point where the attempt just seems comical.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For everyone who points out it's a 4chan leak therefore it's false like all others, bear in mind Piranha Plant was leaked there as one of the last new characters (along Ken and Incineroar) and no one noticed until after the fact. :V

Don't instantly beleive one, but don't instantly denounce one as fake either JUST because it's from 4chan. :p
That's true, still it feels a bit suspicious due to the dates and the formatting plus the PP leak with Incineroar and Ken was pretty much straightforward.

Funny thing would be if the 4chan post is the source of the 2.0.0 rumor.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I liked seeing it, but I have to say it's just well put, and doesnt get too extreme. (Actually now that I've looked at it more, the dates for things dont make too much sense, releasing them way too soon too. would be amazing, but yeah..)
Still just a 4chan post

So I have hesitation to denounce this immediately after seeing it was before a 2.0.0 announcement. I mean, logically, everything matches up. A DQ stage touring the entire continent of the first game is genius. Mementos and Joker's persona is what we'd expect. Yoshi Crafted World isn't impossible. In fact, didn't they represent Yoshi's Woolly World in Smash 4 before it was released?

And I can totally believe two characters being released once. I mean, look at how long Brave's stats have been in the game already. It's not like they weren't making models already. Look at how long Vergeben has been announcing that a Square Enix newcomer is in. Both Joker and the SE rep feel the most premeditated out of the DLC.

I'm not giving pretending Nintendo wouldn't make people wait longer if they didn't prioritize on the sweet deals. Usually games make you wait if you had second thoughts. I think Civ 6, for example, made people wait a while for the Aztec preorder bonus to be released to the rest of the audience.

The biggest leap in logic is Piranha Plant costing $5.99 like the other fighter passes. That logically does not hold up due to fighter passes including a stage and new music.

I'm just going to... ignore it. This leak never happened. *Walks away* No but seriously, there's just no evidence going for it and I'm not falling for another ideal Grinch situation where my wants override my expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
The Fighter Pass DLC fighters cost $5.99 each because they come with a Stage and some Music. Piranha Plant has no bonuses that come with it. Making them the same price would just be a really dumb move.

D

Deleted member

The Fighter Pass DLC fighters cost $5.99 each because they come with a Stage and some Music. Piranha Plant has no bonuses that come with it. Making them the same price would just be a really dumb move.
"Shoulda preordered the game, bro."

TriggerX

Smash Ace
I feel you, but in my case, it's because of Sora. People keep saying he's an impossible pick because of Disney and try to refute every argument I give as to why that's not stopping him. People seem to hate Sora the most out of the Square 7. But still, don't let what people think affect you. Continue to support Erdrick and the DQ boys to your heart's content. I'll be doing the same for Sora. Let's both keep showing support to our favorites and not allow anyone to change our minds.
Sora's Disney ties could make or break the character when it comes down to negotiations. However having Kingdom Hearts as a series in smash brings a lot more to the table for Nintendo than most other game companies can bring. With Disney backing smash, Nintendo would push more units guaranteed.
Sure, DQ fans would also migrate to the smash scene, but Disney has a world wide appeal that the series cant keep up with.

And to those who say he'll never get in cuz he's disney, well then you really have throw out the whole 7 character list. For all intent and purposes, according to that list, Nintendo considers Sora a Square representative. The fact that he is present on that list is proof of that.

I personally would like Sora over Erdrick though. Im not too familiar with the series,but I feel like he'd end up being another Link. Boomerang, Shield,Sword,some magic,etc..

At least with Sora you have plenty of moves and abilities to reference.

As long as we dont get another Fire Emblem character, Im cool with the choice.

D

Deleted member

At first I thought they meant that the Yoshi's stage would come with P-Plant when he becomes available to those who did not pre-order the game then I realized that wouldn't make sense for those who preordered it.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
You know, there's something quite interesting about that 4chan post, and it's how it mentions the Yoshi's Crafted World stage. We know there's 5 stages coming, but if you add those to the SSS, there's still one empty space:

Someone clearly kept an eye on details here.
Also, LOL at those Square costumes, I'd like to say that makes the post fake, but give how little SE content there is, I wouldn't be surprised if they exists so they can have more of that DLC money.
Oh, and regarding Piranha Plant's price, please remember Corrin was also made from scratch, and he costed just one buck less than the third-party trio.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

I remember Verg said he had info on that too but didn't saying anything but I mean can you blame him no one would have believed him lmao

D

Deleted member

Oh BTW The Piranha Plant Amiibo releases feb 15th so PP could technically release Feb 15th as well, like the Leak said.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Still just a 4chan post

Lol why are we giving this any credence again

D

Deleted member

So you're telling me we believe this because he mentioned a 2.0.0 patch...?
It's more like he mentioned it before 2.0.0 was even announced. Might as well discuss it too. What else is there to speculate on?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's more like he mentioned it before it was even announced. Might as well discuss it too. What else is there to speculate on?
What? Are we not allowed to entertain possibilities anymore?
I just find it absurd because, like...of COURSE there's gonna be a 2.0.0 patch, that's kinda how these games work. I don't know why we're giving it any more thought then your usual leak because it mentioned a patch which is...obviously going to happen.

D

Deleted member

I just find it absurd because, like...of COURSE there's gonna be a 2.0.0 patch, that's kinda how these games work. I don't know why we're giving it any more thought then your usual leak because it mentioned a patch which is...obviously going to happen.
While there's gonna be a 2.0.0 patch, the game might not necessarily get to the 2.0.0 patch until way later. The game seems to be jumping from current version to 2.0.0. It doesn't make the leak correct, but its better to argue about this than keep wanting to murder each other.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Luigi The President.
My girl.

No.
Smash games always worked with X.X.X
X= Main game version
2X= Major update/Balance/Character added/Bugfixes
3X= Minor bugfixes/hotfix

Smash never went in a 2.0.0 version ever. Not at all during Smash 4 lifetime and the introduction of patches, and how Ultimate worked until now. What makes it interesting is that it mentionned a version 2.0.0 when no one did and though we would get a 1.2.1 from 1.3.1.

Of course, there a big chance that it's fake, but it's being VERY lucky if it's that case

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Luigi The President.
My girl.

No.
Smash games always worked with X.X.X
X= Main game version
2X= Major update/Balance/Character added/Bugfixes
3X= Minor bugfixes/hotfix

Smash never went in a 2.0.0 version ever. Not at all during Smash 4 lifetime and the introduction of patches, and how Ultimate worked until now. What makes it interesting is that it mentionned a version 2.0.0 when no one did and though we would get a 1.2.1 from 1.3.1.

Of course, there a big chance that it's fake, but it's being VERY lucky if it's that case
...oh **** I had a false memory of Smash 4 going to 2.0.0

Nevamind fellas carry on

D

Deleted member

Another possible scenario that could happen is that this person heard of the 2.0.0 patch correctly and then saw that other credible Leakers are talking about this Erdrick guy and decided to throw him into the leak cause why not. That would explain the Typos and Stuff.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Now I don't know why this guy is typing the leak like they're the official Nintendo descriptions of each character

But 2.0.0 makes me think now that I realize 4 didn't go to 2.0.0

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Not sure what the deal is with the numbering on the patches. I always thought it was weird how it varied between games:

Smash Wii U ended at 1.1.7. Terraria, which has had dozens of updates and hotfixes over a almost a decade and is about to get 1.3.6.

But here comes Nintendo with 2.0 for Smash already. And Kirby reached 4.0 in about a year. Like, slow down guys.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My one unlikely hope for the Patch is that it brings some Modes that aren't already in the game. Bring back Stadium, All-Star, Smash Run, Etc. Any of them would be so cool.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Another possible scenario that could happen is that this person heard of the 2.0.0 patch correctly and then saw that other credible Leakers are talking about this Erdrick guy and decided to throw him into the leak cause why not. That would explain the Typos and Stuff.
I don't know, the one accurate leak regarding the E3 presentation had a big typo, saying all stages had "Omega and Final Destination versions". Of course, that would've made everyone think it was fake, but it got all details right, from Ridley and Daisy to Bomberman being an assist.

D

Deleted member

I don't know, the one accurate leak regarding the E3 presentation had a big typo, saying all stages had "Omega and Final Destination versions". Of course, that would've made everyone think it was fake, but it got all details right, from Ridley and Daisy to Bomberman being an assist.
Maybe, though when there are Typos I think that makes Leaks which have them are more likely fake than not. The Leak could be real but it also could be fake. Nothing definitive going either way.

Edit: Spelling errors

D

Deleted member

Wait a minute, now that I'm looking at the thread and that some anon mentioned. The prices of the costumes make no sense in a bundle, the bundle is more expensive.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Wait a minute, now that I'm looking at the thread and that some anon mentioned. The prices of the costumes make no sense in a bundle, the bundle is more expensive.
Yeah, it's $6.75 for the costumes, yet if you add up the prices for the costumes separately, it's $6. A typo is one thing, but bad math that goes up to executive levels is another.

There's the obvious sign that it's a fake. That's your smoking gun.

EDIT: For those looking for the pricing on that post for proof (which this dude conveniently left out of the screenshot):

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/447473097/#447473097

Here's the thread archive. Note the .75 cents a Mii costume and the fact that there are eight, which equals $6... yet the bundle is $6.75, more expensive for no reason. Bam.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Again, Alefgard is misspelled at the end of the first post meaning this was typed instead of copied so it’s probably fake.

D

Deleted member

For pricing, could it cost more if the costume applied to all mii fighter classes?

E: Nevermind. **** that.
"All Mii Fighter costumes will cost $0.75 each, or can be purchased in a bundle for $6.75."

That makes no sense.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Here's a few things that I find suspicious in this "leak":

Piranha Plant's purchase date
According to the leak, people that have preordered Piranha Plant get it February 15, but the ones that didn't can only buy it March 1? Why take so long just to allow people to buy it? Why not allow them to buy it right away?

Piranha Plant sharing the same price with the Pass's fighters
The fighters from the Fighter Pass cost $5.99 because they come with extra content, that being a stage and a few music, and they're also 3rd Party, which means they're more expensive than 1st Party ones. Just look at Sm4sh and how the 3rd Party DLC characters are more expensive. Piranha Plant is a 1st Party character with no bonus content. Making it as expensive as the DLC 3rd Party characters would be a really dumb move, since people would be paying the same quantity for less content.

Square Enix being too generous
After the treatment Square Enix received in this game, I just can't see they allowing Nintendo to use 5 of their IPs out of nowhere. They don't allow for more content for the only IP being represented in the game that they own, and suddenly they allow Nintendo to use 5 IPs at once. I just can't see SE being this generous after the way they've been acting before.

Not to mention a few typos and inconsistencies in the leak such as "Afelgard" and buying the bundle being more expensive than buying the costumes individually.

I personally think this is fake.

Top Bottom