• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Let's just...Ignore this dude? He obviously won't change his Ways and when we all think he will well, He doesn't. Anyways What are your guys/gal's predictions for the Pass?

Mine is:
1) Joker, Obviously lol.
2) Erdrick or Sora (Hoping for Geno but...It's likely not gonna happen)
3)Banjo-Kazooie
4)Lloyd or Yuri/Namco Rep
5) Oddball Pick
1, Joker
2. Erdrick/Bravely Default Rep
3. KOS-MOS
4. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Banjo-Kazooie

D

Deleted member

No, Sora is Sakurai's company. Duh.
Yo people have been wanting Sora from Kingdom hearts but the real Square rep was Sora the company. Think about it, first off you could get the two names mixed up as they are the same name, Square also doubles as a Shape, the Shape of a building, Sora ltd as a company must have buildings. Sora and Square begin with the same letters, Man it's all coming together! SORA LTD FOR SMASH

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Alright let’s go

The cold hard fact is that DQ is getting in ONLY because Geno isn't in. There would be no scenario when we would get both; so by wanting Erdrick, you acknowledge he'd have to get in at Geno's expense. That's just how it is.
People are allowed to want more than one character. Might be a newsflash to you, but yeah. People, sometimes, do love two games from a single company. For me, either Geno, Sora or Crono would make me fly out of my seat. Equally. By supporting one, I’m not ceasing to support the others, let alone actively hurt them.

Because while Geno fans have been waiting over 10 years; people have just started hopping on Dragon Quests **** a few months ago. That's the goddamn problem. But just like Incineroar; people have been "wanting him all along!"
I waited 10 years. I’m alright with waiting 10 more. Dunno about you, but that’s how I roll.

Who said it would be Nintendo?
Nintendo: Hey can we have Geno this time? We've been really cooperative!
Square: Dragon Quest isn't selling too good in the west... time for a THIRD ad campaign!
Nitendo: But People really want Geno...
Square: Oh I'm sorry; do we have to pull Cloud out, Mr Sakurai?
Pffft yeah that totally happened. Nintendo gives a lot of ****s about what we want.

Wow, he hasn’t even played Super Mario RPG but wants to argue with a person who at least played the games where the character hails from.

Actually, here’s a fun question, have we all played the game if where these characters come from? My most recent game from the Square list was DQXI and my goodness that game was gorgeous on the PS4. So, I’ve played all if not most of the games on here.
Played most of them. Chrono Trigger (though not Cross), played all mainline FF titles and a few spin-offs, DQ up to 8 and will play 11 soon, all KH except Coded, and of course, SMRPG.

Would someone here with actual Dragon Quest knowledge care to explain Erdrick's playstyle in his own games?
Like, as an RPG party member, what does he do, and how does he play?

Because if you are going to make the claim that "We can't say Erdrick wouldn't match these stats" as if he doesn't have his own stats in his games that would be used as a basis.
Well, he has both offensive and defensive magic (including exclusive lightning magic), and can wield lots of weapons like scythes, whips, Spears and axes.

If a persons opinion on a character changes because of one solitary person; they didn't really support the character anyways.

I agree with you actually. But couldn't we say that the stats could also change to be even less in Erdricks favor? All I'm saying is; if the main argument is "well it COULD happen rather than "this is how it could work with the information we have so far" then I don't find it very valid. I don't want to deal in hypothetical, I want to deal with the evidence on the table.
Oh, we’re gatekeeping now. Guess God game down and appointed you as the one who decides which fans are real and which ones aren’t.

Look, OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer , I’ll say this because I think it might actually get through.

You’re a terrible Geno fan.

Geno didn’t get in. Alright. He’s the underdog. It was to be expected. But that means he’s on the offense now. The Geno fandom needs everything they got to get him in. And one of Geno’s few claims to fame is his huge fanbase.

You’re turning people against Geno. Every time you come here, people who were Geno fans feel the need to apologize, people who were on the fence define themselves as non-supporters, and people who didn’t care start to campaign against Geno.

With your belligerence and aggressiveness, you’re actively hurting Geno’s chances of getting in.

I get the feeling that you care deeply about Geno, so I hope that this reaches you and maybe you’ll mull over a few things.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Let's just...Ignore this dude? He obviously won't change his Ways and when we all think he will well, He doesn't. Anyways What are your guys/gal's predictions for the Pass?

Mine is:
1) Joker, Obviously lol.
3)Banjo-Kazooie
5) Oddball Pick
I can see many scenarios going through, but if I had to predict one, it'd be somewhat similar to the 5chan rumour:
1.-Joker
2.-Erdrick, Sora, 2B or Neku
3.- Steve
4.- Dante
5.- Yuri

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I may support erdrick, especially if we can get a female version with it. I hope the other geno supporters are ok with me supporting both.

I'll probably need to look again at what kinds of characters there could be now, I'm not sure who I'd say could get in. There's some characters that I dont I like to see supported, like banjo, but if people really do still like him and it could make them happy I understand.

D

Deleted member

Mine is:
1) Joker, Obviously lol.
3)Banjo-Kazooie
5) Oddball Pick
Predictions that most likely wont come true because they are a bit based on my wants :b. In no particular order:
-SE rep, Erdrick or Sephiroth
-Bamco rep, Dark Souls character
-Tecmo rep, Ryu Hayabusa or Ayane
-Either Nintendo rep (Arms rep, Rex since I'm not giving up on him, Linkle) or a western rep (Steve most likely even though Im not too keen on him, or Dovahkin)

I'm totally fine with whoever we get honestly, there are very few characters that I actually dislike but none are dealbreakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I may support erdrick, especially if we can get a female version with it. I hope the other geno supporters are ok with me supporting both.

I'll probably need to look again at what kinds of characters there could be now, I'm not sure who I'd say could get in. There's some characters that I dont I like to see supported, like banjo, but if people really do still like him and it could make them happy I understand.
You're allowed to support who you want and no one should judge you for it. If someone wants you to commit wholly to one or the other that's them being an asshole.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

Mine is:
1) Joker, Obviously lol.
3)Banjo-Kazooie
5) Oddball Pick
1. Joker
2. Sora
3. 2B
4. Solaire/Chosen Undead (CU with Solaire alt and other DS characters maybe?)
5. I dunno.... I'd already be omega content with the first four. Just throw in a Scorpion or Dante or something.

Gosh, Flaxr really likes sword characters, huh?

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
You're allowed to support who you want and no one should judge you for it. If someone wants you to commit wholly to one or the other that's them being an *******.
like how did we even get to this point where we have to tell people there allowed to support anything if you don't like the character I like cool just don't be a jerk about it and don't go on long obnoxious rants same goes in reverse

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Predictions?

I'm not good at them but here goes:

2) Square Enix
3) Bamco (Tales of / Klonoa)
4) Bethesda
5) Disney

-
Also, how would you guys feel if a Square Enix character had been Chocobo+Slime? (Instead of Cloud)
I'd love of their final smash was Fat Chocobo + King Slime.
Also hoping to get some cool Mii costumes.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Alright let’s go

People are allowed to want more than one character. Might be a newsflash to you, but yeah. People, sometimes, do love two games from a single company. For me, either Geno, Sora or Crono would make me fly out of my seat. Equally. By supporting one, I’m not ceasing to support the others, let alone actively hurt them.

I waited 10 years. I’m alright with waiting 10 more. Dunno about you, but that’s how I roll.

Pffft yeah that totally happened. Nintendo gives a lot of ****s about what we want.

Played most of them. Chrono Trigger (though not Cross), played all mainline FF titles and a few spin-offs, DQ up to 8 and will play 11 soon, all KH except Coded, and of course, SMRPG.

Well, he has both offensive and defensive magic (including exclusive lightning magic), and can wield lots of weapons like scythes, whips, Spears and axes.

Oh, we’re gatekeeping now. Guess God game down and appointed you as the one who decides which fans are real and which ones aren’t.

Look, OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer , I’ll say this because I think it might actually get through.

You’re a terrible Geno fan.

Geno didn’t get in. Alright. He’s the underdog. It was to be expected. But that means he’s on the offense now. The Geno fandom needs everything they got to get him in. And one of Geno’s few claims to fame is his huge fanbase.

You’re turning people against Geno. Every time you come here, people who were Geno fans feel the need to apologize, people who were on the fence define themselves as non-supporters, and people who didn’t care start to campaign against Geno.

With your belligerence and aggressiveness, you’re actively hurting Geno’s chances of getting in.

I get the feeling that you care deeply about Geno, so I hope that this reaches you and maybe you’ll mull over a few things.
I mostly agree with you; but honestly lately I've been feeling my word doesn't mean anything in Nintendo's eyes and they'll just do whatever the hell they want to do regardless of opinions. I could never change Geno's chances, for the good or the bad.

D

Deleted member

Also on behalf of the Geno fanbase, We are sorry for Optimistic Striker not all fans or even most are like him. if Eddy gets in We'll accept him with Open arms and if any other Square character gets in we'll do the same. We never meant to be a burden so we Humbly apologize and we hope you can forgive us.

D

Deleted member

Predictions?

2) Square Enix
4) Bethesda
5) Disney

-
Also, how would you guys feel if a Square Enix character had been Chocobo+Slime? (Instead of Cloud)
That... could actually be really neat way to represent both series.
Chocobo can use different job abilities like in the Chocobo's Dungeon games and Slime can morph into different forms of Slimes. I like that idea a lot.
Also on behalf of the Geno fanbase, We are sorry for Optimistic Striker not all fans or even most are like him. if Eddy gets in We'll accept him with Open arms and if any other Square character gets in we'll do the same. We never meant to be a burden so we Humbly apologize and we hope you can forgive us.
There's no need to apologize for the actions of one person. You guys are some of the nicest people I've seen around in this community.

D

Deleted member

I don't think there is a need to apologize, I think most people know optimistic tantrums don't represent the Geno fanbase as a whole. And I think most of the fans here in this thread feel the same regarding Geno or another character that gets in, we'll accept them after all I think we can agree that we're fans of SE work.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We definitely are :)
You're allowed to support who you want and no one should judge you for it. If someone wants you to commit wholly to one or the other that's them being an *******.
Thanks. It's good to know at least some are flexible enough.

I also think that people shouldn't judge a fanbase based on one or some of them that may get on their nerves.

like how did we even get to this point where we have to tell people there allowed to support anything if you don't like the character I like cool just don't be a jerk about it and don't go on long obnoxious rants some goes in reverse
When there's a few people that feel like a character is competition to theirs, it can sometimes be uncomfortable around if they start hating on the character.

I mostly agree with you; but honestly lately I've been feeling my word doesn't mean anything in Nintendo's eyes and they'll just do whatever the hell they want to do regardless of opinions. I could never change Geno's chances, for the good or the bad.
Nintendo listens only selectively, and it's hard to tell what they really look at the most. I think that the most important is to be true to ourselves and what we like, and maybe sometimes it does matter for what they do. We can't really count on it tho. Just enjoy what you can, is what I'd say :)

D

Deleted member

That... could actually be really neat way to represent both series.
Chocobo can use different job abilities like in the Chocobo's Dungeon games and Slime can morph into different forms of Slimes. I like that idea a lot.

There's no need to apologize for the actions of one person. You guys are some of the nicest people I've seen around in this community.
Thanks for saying that it really means a lot with a lot of the hate we get from Gamefaqs and the BTFO Culture.

Predictions?

2) Square Enix
4) Bethesda
5) Disney

-
Honestly a Chocobo+Slime character would've been super cool. it not only Knocks out two franchises in one so other Square franchises and characters may have a better shot it also would be super Unique as there hasn't been a Duo character (Except Pokemon Trainer who is a Trio and Duck hunt kinda) in Smash. not to mention a Duo character with one half being from one series and the other a different would be super cool. I would not be opposed to that in the slightest.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
I'd play a whole game of that, honestly. Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon is sort of a Dragon Quest spinoff, and Rocket Slime has a Cid in it, so the only step left is making it official.

I think Chrono Trigger proved that DQ and FF are two great tastes that taste great together.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Thanks. It's good to know at least some are flexible enough.

I also think that people shouldn't judge a fanbase based on one or some of them that may get on their nerves.

When there's a few people that feel like a character is competition to theirs, it can sometimes be uncomfortable around if they start hating on the character.

Nintendo listens only selectively, and it's hard to tell what they really look at the most. I think that the most important is to be true to ourselves and what we like, and maybe sometimes it does matter for what they do. We can't really count on it tho. Just enjoy what you can, is what I'd say :)
The only thing we can do is enjoy what we love heck I'm happy to meet so many DQ fans and even potential new fans too what I don't like are the heated discussions and angry rants/breakdowns there not needed all the characters on the 7 list deserve to be in but since we possibly know who said character is were at each others throats and its annoying

D

Deleted member

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. You can support whoever the heck you like!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I can at least put 3 characters for my list.
1. Joker
2. Erdrick (with female version)
3. Shantae

I dont know about the other 2 but I wouldnt mind it being back within nintendo, like a kirby character or impa, and Edelgard

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
No. NO MORE FE CHARACTERS PLEASE
If they're unique enough, I think they should get in. Nothing wrong with Fire Emblem, just having 4 move sets based around Marth has and always will be the problem there.

Predictions that most likely wont come true because they are a bit based on my wants :b. In no particular order:
-SE rep, Erdrick or Sephiroth
-Bamco rep, Dark Souls character
-Tecmo rep, Ryu Hayabusa or Ayane
-Either Nintendo rep (Arms rep, Rex since I'm not giving up on him, Linkle) or a western rep (Steve most likely even though Im not too keen on him, or Dovahkin)

I'm totally fine with whoever we get honestly, there are very few characters that I actually dislike but none are dealbreakers.
Why a Dark Souls character? I feel like Tales absolutely takes priority there as the only Dark Souls character I think that even comes close to making sense is Solaire, and even then, he doesn't feel like the best representative of Dark Souls? That said, I'd love to see that in Smash.
Also wouldn't Linkle be a Tecmo rep too haha?

Also, I would like to remind people of one thing. One Square character getting in does not mean that the others "lost." The only way that works out is if there ever was another option on display. Like it or not, a character like Geno may have never even been mentioned as an option for the game for example. If Nintendo and Sakurai went to Square for a Dragon Quest character, then I'd argue Nintendo is the only one who can be blamed for not getting a specific character.

Sometimes Square ends up way too vilified in this sense, when we've seen nothing to imply they've been non-compliant other than Spirits. Which honestly, is by FAR my least favorite complaint I get seen thrown around. I don't hate Spirits, but their absence feels like the definition of a non-issue. Character and stage (Though I know only two songs IS disappointing, but Square is kind of screwed in that area anyway) are and always will be the most important parts of any franchise added to Smash.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I've been playing some DQV thanks to the DQ fans in this thread and it really is a gorgeous game. I already feel like the story is gonna tug at my heartstrings. The mobile version has been fun to play at work.

Slime is too cute.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If they're unique enough, I think they should get in. Nothing wrong with Fire Emblem, just having 4 move sets based around Marth has and always will be the problem there.

Why a Dark Souls character? I feel like Tales absolutely takes priority there as the only Dark Souls character I think that even comes close to making sense is Solaire, and even then, he doesn't feel like the best representative of Dark Souls? That said, I'd love to see that in Smash.

Also, I would like to remind people of one thing. One Square character getting in does not mean that the others "lost." The only way that works out is if there ever was another option on display. Like it or not, a character like Geno may have never even been mentioned as an option for the game for example. If Nintendo and Sakurai went to Square for a Dragon Quest character, then I'd argue Nintendo is the only one who can be blamed for not getting a specific character.

Sometimes Square ends up way too vilified in this sense, when we've seen nothing to imply they've been non-compliant other than Spirits. Which honestly, is by FAR my least favorite complaint I get seen thrown around. I don't hate Spirits, but their absence feels like the definition of a non-issue. Character and stage (Though I know only two songs IS disappointing, but Square is kind of screwed in that area anyway) are and always will be the most important parts of any franchise added to Smash.
I mean; there's still the issue of the music lol.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Wow, uh... hm.

S- So, to add to the Erdrick and Geno debate... The big question is...

Y'all think these two would get along great over some books and a cup of tea? I. I think they would. They absolutely would.

Square reps' favorite tea flavors, go.

Geno is a total green tea fan and you know it. It's the cool and in thing nowadays.
Sephiroth likes his tea like he likes his blades. Silver pine needle tea, baby.
Crono would go for something very earthy, probably. Hojicha, maybe? Perhaps a Pu'erh?
Slime will take any tea. He's chill about it.
Luminary would drink crappy Lipton tea because he's a ****ing loser. (sorry luminary fans i love you)
Erdrick likes bold flavors. Give him/her some strong, spicy chai.
Sora likes tea that is bright and vibrant. Herbals are his go-to.

Let's have a Square Enix tea party.

D

Deleted member

I've been playing some DQV thanks to the DQ fans in this thread and it really is a gorgeous game. I already feel like the story is gonna tug at my heartstrings. The mobile version has been fun to play at work.

Slime is too cute.
It will.
How far into it are you?

D

Deleted member

True. That's why if there is another one, I want it to be Hector, since he uses an axe and people do want him, as I saw him place on a recent fan pole showing the top 50 most wanted characters for DLC

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wow, uh... hm.

Y'all think these two would get along great over some books and a cup of tea? I. I think they would. They absolutely would.

Geno is a total green tea fan and you know it. It's the cool and in thing nowadays.
Crono would go for something very earthy, probably. Hojicha, maybe? Perhaps a Pu'erh?
Luminary would drink crappy Lipton tea because he's a ****ing loser. (sorry luminary fans i love you)

hmm...

Mad Hatter Geno.jpg

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Wow, uh... hm.

Geno and Erdrick have both seen some ****.
They'd get along swimmingly.

D

Deleted member

For some reason I feel that its a type of character that could work and one I would like to see. An armored knight would be cool playable and a character like the chosen undead could have different armors and also genders to select. (That said I wouldnt mind a Tales rep and would welcome any with the exception of Shirley, she brings down Legendia by a lot)
Linkle is pretty much a Nintendo-Tecmo's daughter, haha.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Not super far. I just left the ship and went exploring in the cave for a little in the first village.
Ahhh, Dragon Quest V was my first and still my favorite.

Do yourself a favor and start pressing the B button after talking to any NPC when you have another party member. You'll get addicted real quick.

Edit: Whoops I forgot you're playing the mobile version. Basically, you can use the Talk command to have your party members remark on the current room / what an NPCs just told you. So use the Talk command a lot, however you do it on the mobile version!

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Brave is actually Canadian Pop Idol, Carly Rae Jepsen.

You heard me.

Sis is always so brave putting the weakest songs on her albums as the lead single.

So brave.

It all just works out. Sakurai heard Call Me Maybe and decided to take the plunge.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Brave is actually Canadian Pop Idol, Carly Rae Jepsen.

You heard me.

Sis, is always so brave, putting the weakest songs on her albums as the lead single.

So brave.

It all just works out. Sakurai heard Call Me Maybe and decided to take the plunge.
I can't wait to see her final smash

Top Bottom