• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Mizumi has tweeted again https://twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1084911176054657024 basically restating that height doesn't matter without the Model which is good news for Sora and Erdrick
Hmm, also good news for Sephorith and Phoenix Wright. That's keen.
it's kinda frustrating for me that everytime I get hope for Geno it crumbles but whatever Erdrick has his fans and I'm happy for them.
I do feel for you man. Having a dream choice that's well within reach, but just not there yet.

That said, I say, don't give up the light of hope in Geno just yet. He can still get in.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can't wait to see her final smash
It'll have cameos from Tom Hanks, that old lady from the Party For One video, the gay neighbor from Call Me Maybe's video, and actual store will fall on her opponents. Cause she's just going to the store, store, store.

Which makes sense why they won't see her anymore. They'll be crushed to death.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Carly Rae Jepsen is the Style Savvy rep I've been clamoring for.

Carly Rae Jepsen gets a sword, which pleases the people who want a classic hero archetype.

Carly Rae Jepsen is popular in the LGBT community, which is a sticking point for some fans regarding DQ rep.

Carly Rae Jepsen is sure to come with tons of great music.

Carly Rae Jepsen is the rep we need. Everyone wins.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Carly Rae Jepsen is the Style Savvy rep I've been clamoring for.

Carly Rae Jepsen gets a sword, which pleases the people who want a classic hero archetype.

Carly Rae Jepsen is popular in the LGBT community, which is a sticking point for some fans regarding DQ rep.

Carly Rae Jepsen is sure to come with tons of great music.

Carly Rae Jepsen is the rep we need. Everyone wins.
To quote Monique Heart:

''Facts are facts, America."

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Wow, uh... hm.

S- So, to add to the Erdrick and Geno debate... The big question is...

Y'all think these two would get along great over some books and a cup of tea? I. I think they would. They absolutely would.

Square reps' favorite tea flavors, go.

Geno is a total green tea fan and you know it. It's the cool and in thing nowadays.
Sephiroth likes his tea like he likes his blades. Silver pine needle tea, baby.
Crono would go for something very earthy, probably. Hojicha, maybe? Perhaps a Pu'erh?
Slime will take any tea. He's chill about it.
Luminary would drink crappy Lipton tea because he's a ****ing loser. (sorry luminary fans i love you)
Erdrick likes bold flavors. Give him/her some strong, spicy chai.
Sora likes tea that is bright and vibrant. Herbals are his go-to.

Let's have a Square Enix tea party.
Hey, I’d dig it, I’m a big of fan of tea. I’m actually drinking some right now as a matter of fact!

Last edited:
Seems like the past hours were a bit rough in here...

...might be a good idea to cleanse the thread with some blessed Chrono Trigger music:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
So, I will be honest, if I had the ability to pick the 5 DLC characters, none of them would be from Square. I am not really a fan of, anything they produce. Final Fantasy, despite being a popular franchise in one of my favorite gaming genres, has never interested me and most of the time the stories leave me...lets go with unmotivated. Kingdom Hearts just seems like something that would annoy me, given how every time I ask someone to sum up the story I am given with a "It would take to long and the spin off make it even more complicated", the design of that keyblade I see on the official artworks screams blunt object more than sword to me and Disney has corrupted a lot of things I enjoyed so I would prefer they stay away from Smash Bros. I have never played any Dragon Quest, though, if one comes to the Switch I might give it a go.

That being said, a lot of the speculation around character DLC seems to revolve around one of these franchises. I have no idea who any of these characters are, why they are popular and would like to know more, understand the appeal, and perhaps join in the anticipation if they seem interesting, regardless of if I think their franchise is not.

The character I wanted already got in. Please tell me about yours.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Slime would be more around Kirby's size if not smaller.
I know this is old but I've seen this sentiment slot an I've gotta say something about it.

About 40% of Slime's height is his nipple, if he was Kirby size his blob part would be smaller than a Pikmin. It'd be somewhere around Young Link size before the blob part would be around Kirby size. I would think Link < Slime < Luigi would be wrong too (if that was what the height meant, but ya know, it isn't), but you placement of Slime as number 1 would be laughably small

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
At this point, I would love it to not be any Square character. I mean jeez this board got close to (if not entered) GameFAQs territory.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I hope you don't really leave. Many of us really appreciate your posts. I always look forward to seeing your thoughts.
What's to appreciate? It's just mindless theorycraft, like the scribblings of a homeless man high on coke on a coffee stained McDonald's napkin. Just the ramblings of a dumbass with too much time on his hands. Literally who cares? Does it add anything? No. It just pisses people off because apparently I'm deliberately being contrarian or a Devil's advocate. Nevermind the implications of being delusional simply for bringing up arguments against the status quo. Why be everyone's idiot? It's not worth it. Like, I'm burnt out but I don't have anything better to do, especially at a job where I'm busy maybe half my shift on a good day. It's just genuinely whatever at this point. Can we just get this ****ing character confirmed already? Please and thanks.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That's true. Just like what happened when Duck Hunt Dog was leaked. I tried for 12 years to get more supporters but nothing worked. Then the leak happened, suddenly hundreds of people claimed they always wanted Duck Hunt Dog in Smash all along.
Kinda late on responding, but I agree. It generally feels like artificial demand than genuine demand. Sure, there are people who might realize and genuinely like the idea and legitimately support it, but then there are the people who I feel clearly went on the bandwagon just to be there and feel gratified and get a prediction right that at that current situation wouldn't feel like an earned prediction. It is one part of the Smash fanbase that I dislike personally.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's true. Just like what happened when Duck Hunt Dog was leaked. I tried for 12 years to get more supporters but nothing worked. Then the leak happened, suddenly hundreds of people claimed they always wanted Duck Hunt Dog in Smash all along.
And I still appreciate the hell out of you for your dedication over the years. You'll always be the Patron Saint of Duck Hunt to me. Hope things are well with you and your boyfriend (husband?).

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
If they're unique enough, I think they should get in. Nothing wrong with Fire Emblem, just having 4 move sets based around Marth has and always will be the problem there.
I could cry tears of joy seeing someone else actually defend Fire Emblem. Sometimes it almost feels like a crime to be a Fire Emblem fan but there is so much more to the series than anime sword lords and waifus.
I know this is old but I've seen this sentiment slot an I've gotta say something about it.

About 40% of Slime's height is his nipple, if he was Kirby size his blob part would be smaller than a Pikmin. It'd be somewhere around Young Link size before the blob part would be around Kirby size. I would think Link < Slime < Luigi would be wrong too (if that was what the height meant, but ya know, it isn't), but you placement of Slime as number 1 would be laughably small
Yeah I think the size really does point to Slime after @ryumo tutored me in how the sizing works with scaling and whatnot. I know its just one possibility but it feels like it really was the missing piece to the Slime puzzle.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I could cry tears of joy seeing someone else actually defend Fire Emblem. Sometimes it almost feels like a crime to be a Fire Emblem fan but there is so much more to the series than anime sword lords and waifus.

Yeah I think the size really does point to Slime after @ryumo tutored me in how the sizing works with scaling and whatnot. I know its just one possibility but it feels like it really was the missing piece to the Slime puzzle.
I still think it's Erdrick, but I would prefer to have your optimism.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, I've fallen in love with Slimes. Call me a bandwagoner all you want. I just think everyone on that list is worthy to be in Smash but Slime's little face makes me smile the most.

Sephiroth, Sora, or Crono would be my big wants, Slime or Erdrick would be equally fun and exciting for me especially now that I'm more familiar with DQ, and I love SMRPG and have always respected the Geno hustle since I've seen it since Smash 64's days.

Of course, my personal picks I'd meltdown for would be 2B or Neku, but I know those are remote.

Based on how model-scaling seems to work Slime's point could make it likely. I do wonder why a Slime wouldn't be able to cling to a wall though. But at this point it feels like we are stuck in a loop, haha. Same topics constantly at all times. But that's the Smash life!

Side side note, on a personal level I'd die if Squall got in somehow. FF8 is my favorite and no one loves it.

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
guys what if "Brave" is Bub?

-short
-w i d e
-obviously wields projectiles
-slide on the soap
-adorable
-brave boy, would completely wipe the floor with sephiroth if he tried his best
Bambubwin.png

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And I still appreciate the hell out of you for your dedication over the years. You'll always be the Patron Saint of Duck Hunt to me. Hope things are well with you and your boyfriend (husband?).
Thank you. Things are good with us. We might be finally moving in together this year.

Kinda late on responding, but I agree. It generally feels like artificial demand than genuine demand. Sure, there are people who might realize and genuinely like the idea and legitimately support it, but then there are the people who I feel clearly went on the bandwagon just to be there and feel gratified and get a prediction right that at that current situation wouldn't feel like an earned prediction. It is one part of the Smash fanbase that I dislike personally.
Yes, exactly. At least I got to know how it feels like when many people were hyped for Duck Hunt Dog along with me. I probably won't experience that again with Toad/Captain Toad (with Toadette Echo Fighter) and especially Meowth or Team Rocket (Meowth teamed with Ekans/Arbok and Koffing/Weezing) unless they were leaked like Duck Hunt Dog was.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hey, I’d dig it, I’m a big of fan of tea. I’m actually drinking some right now as a matter of fact!
Tea is amazing, and I'm a total tea junkie. A basic chai is usually my go-to, but I also love an English breakfast and a hojicha. What say you?

Also, you know Bub and Bob would have matching teas. What are their favorites, you ask?

Bubble teas. :dr^_^:

Minik

Smash Journeyman
This place is gonna blow up the moment they start talking about a dragon quest game in a direct, which is inevitable since of 11 coming to switch as well as builders 2.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This place is going to blow up if Brave turns out to not even be a Square character.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Question, if Slime got in and it turned out Erdrick was "leaked" because he is in his final smash and victory pose like Chrom and Robin would the Erdrick fans be upset or are most Erdrick fans mostly Dragon Quest fans and you'd be happy just to get a Dragon Quest fighter?

D

Deleted member

Question, if Slime got in and it turned out Erdrick was "leaked" because he is in his final smash and victory pose like Chrom and Robin would the Erdrick fans be upset or are most Erdrick fans mostly Dragon Quest fans and you'd be happy just to get a Dragon Quest fighter?
Honestly, I would rather have Slime over Erdrick lol. But, any DQ character would be great and both of them in particular are great choices anyways.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Part of me just wants Slime to break the unoffical "all characters must have limbs to use items" rule that smash has followed. Probably not intentionally but I could see Sakurai saying it would be an issue.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Part of me just wants Slime to break the unoffical "all characters must have limbs to use items" rule that smash has followed. Probably not intentionally but I could see Sakurai saying it would be an issue.
Technically a slime can use an item well he can at least hold said item on his head how he uses it well only God knows

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I mean Mario Sports Mix already semi-addressed the issue by...not addressing it at all and those things kinda just existing next to Slime lol

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I mean Mario Sports Mix already semi-addressed the issue by...not addressing it at all and those things kinda just existing next to Slime lol
Yeah I know a lot of animations could do that but its the items like Super scope that always use 2 limbs, ivysaur uses vines.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
The cold hard fact is that DQ is getting in ONLY because Geno isn't in. There would be no scenario when we would get both; so by wanting Erdrick, you acknowledge he'd have to get in at Geno's expense. That's just how it is.
You must hate any DLC character, let alone any SE one that isn't Geno with that mentality. Sigh.
Who said it would be Nintendo?
Nintendo: Hey can we have Geno this time? We've been really cooperative!
Square: Dragon Quest isn't selling too good in the west... time for a THIRD ad campaign!
Nitendo: But People really want Geno...
Square: Oh I'm sorry; do we have to pull Cloud out, Mr Sakurai?
Well, we already know that is a load of crock. Why? Because Nintendo have already stated that they were never told "no" when going after any of their DLC picks.

Unless you're claiming that they lied to us. In which case, I have to question why you'd go into such conspiracy level thinking over a character in a videogame.

I think it's safe to say this thread is going to blow its lid no matter what happens, so it's best to start bracing yourself.
Oh, I intend to enjoy the ride. Only way I wouldn't is if it's a character that somehow runs my enjoyment. Not going to give examples, so I can avoid jinxing myself.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Yeah I know a lot of animations could do that but its the items like Super scope that always use 2 limbs, ivysaur uses vines.
lol but I mean that's what I'm saying, it just sits on his head and we all ignore that Slime has no hands.

Or he grows little limbs, or other little Slimes come out and shoot it, or that knight puppet people have mentioned before holds it. The possibilities are endless lol.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I hate to sound potentially dumb here, but what exactly are the height stats actually for?
The amount of height the character would look standing up completely? How far they can stretch?

D

Deleted member

honestly While Erdrick is by and far the most likely character to be "Brave" we shouldn't become an echo chamber of Erdrick while shunning and throwing other ideas out the window, We made Fatman who seems like a genuinely nice guy leave just cause he was skeptical of Erdrick being "Brave". Come on guys we're better than this. I'm not pointng fingers either We just might not want to become an Echo chamber just in case Erdrick isn't the character and we all get BTFO'd plus it entices more Interesting Conversations instead of regurgitating the same points over and over again.

Top Bottom