• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Just in case, here are all the gifts that i got today plus the two from December 24th.

30E6D78A-65C6-4BE9-AEB7-EC0478BAD529.jpeg

831A637B-C3AF-4B5E-9BF7-E77926817B16.jpeg

3489FDE9-DE94-4EA2-8929-8C3E047C8CD9.jpeg

67A538C4-8974-4F50-BF6A-9C03A895F8C3.jpeg

Not sure why the last one is upside down.

D

Deleted member

There's literally no way Jack isn't Joker considering he was in the data since Day 1 and the speed data(alongside having a walljumping and rapid jab) fits Joker way too much. This also pretty much confirms Joker at the VGA wasn't a last minute thing as he was in the data as early as the game shipped while Brave(Erdrick) has only been in after the game's release.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I think it's more when he drops if it turns out he's Brave internally everything would be thrown out the window. Just a funny hypothetical.
Yes, I get that. But how. Would. We. Know? It's not like Nintendo themselves would clarify datamined code names for us.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yes, I get that. But how. Would. We. Know? It's not like Nintendo themselves would clarify datamined code names for us.
Uhhh. Because internally the params pointing at Brave would then point to the character internally referred to as Brave.

Like...to use a Melee example, Roy was called "Emblem" internally so things like his All Star intro, victory pose and fanfare, etc were all referred to as [prefix]_EMBLEM_[suffix].

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So, we'd find about by visually measuring him and his movements and compare it with the datamined stats?
No...?

In the game, the character the parameters for "Brave" refer to would have other assets not currently in the game that would also be named "Brave". So once a victory fanfare is in the game it'd be called FANFARE_BRAVE or whatever. So if Joker drops and other elements of his character are internally referred to as "Brave" we would know he was "Brave". Or like, if he drops and he's "Jack" we would know the hypothesis that he is "Jack" is true.

D

Deleted member

I feel that the codenames used are basically affectionate nicknames for the characters, and could be very well lame internal jokes or references. We are not getting standardized names after all (i.e. dlc_char_01).

Oh, and in the topic of Joker being Brave, Joker might be an Atlanta Braves fan.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I made a second Joker acceptance letter because I like him that much.
Dea r Jokar,

I nee d friend s to beAt God. U r cewl and I wan t to be friends

-Kirby

I think Kirby has executive privilege at this point.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Dea r Jokar,

-Kirby

truly a letter crafted by the gods them selfs

D

Deleted member

Dea r Jokar,

-Kirby

Now I’m wondering why Kirby invited Erdrick. Maybe slime reminds him of Gooey

D

Deleted member

Now I’m wondering why Kirby invited Erdrick. Maybe slime reminds him of Gooey
Kirby's sole goal is to find a fighter who can give him at least a hint of a challenge. The fighters are nothing but mere tools for his own amusement.
Except DDD, Kirby invited him because Meta Knight was being a meanie back in Brawl.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The term brave really isn't exclusive to Dragon Quest, as there are several other JRPG series using that term. It's entirely possible the data may in fact be a reference to the Tales series, as Brave Vesperia exists. It may very well be Lloyd (a character I know fans want as opposed to Erdrick who had no noteworthy demand pre and post Smash ballot even in Japan) given that the recent event centered around Tales of Symphonia and Lloyd's VA being noticably quiet on Smash Ultimate.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The term brave really isn't exclusive to Dragon Quest, as there are several other JRPG series using that term. It's entirely possible the data may in fact be a reference to the Tales series, as Brave Vesperia exists. It may very well be Lloyd (a character I know fans want as opposed to Erdrick who had no noteworthy demand pre and post Smash ballot even in Japan) given that the recent event centered around Tales of Symphonia and Lloyd's VA being noticably quiet on Smash Ultimate.
I've been thinking it could actually be Lloyd as well. I think many people are misguided in assuming the square rep is next.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Brave would reference Yuri if anything.

D

Deleted member

If we get anyone from Tales of, I want Yuri to be it. Design is A+ and a martial artist combined with a swordfighter sounds cool as hell.
But Brave is 100% Erdrick and I'll eat a shoe if it isn't.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If we get anyone from Tales of, I want Yuri to be it. Design is A+ and a martial artist combined with a swordfighter sounds cool as hell.
But Brave is 100% Erdrick and I'll eat a shoe if it isn't.
Call me skeptical on that, but Square Enix has deliberately given out false information before regarding their titles as they are paranoid about leaks. That, and PolarPanda's NOA source made it very clear that no one really knew any of the DLC characters. They're putting all their eggs into one basket, and it's not wise when you remember that 3 DQ names were thrown around along with Sephiroth, Crono, Sora, and Geno.

D

Deleted member

SE giving legit or false info aside...

Out of curiosity, from the tales series, which characters could be potentially used as Yuri alts? I am not completely familiar with Tales aside a few games but most protagonists use different styles and weapons. Only one I could think of is Luke, and I would think that a Tales rep would need to have a lot of alts considering the amount of games and lack of continuity besides a few of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Offtopic but Bravely Default account teased us a new Bravely Defaut game coming in 2019! It is unkown what platform it will be in though.
Translation:
“I am at work!

Good luck––

This year there is another slightly different challenge, but I think I will make a good game.

I hope many people will enjoy it.”

Doing this because of the "Brave" speculation and the heavily rumored SQ rep.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Offtopic but Bravely Default account teased us a new Bravely Defaut game coming in 2019! It is unkown what platform it will be in though.
Translation:
“I am at work!

Good luck––

This year there is another slightly different challenge, but I think I will make a good game.

I hope many people will enjoy it.”

Doing this because of the "Brave" speculation and the heavily rumored SQ rep.
I would love for the SE character to be from bravely default. help show SE that their RPG collaborations with nintendo are a good avenue.

D

Deleted member

Call me skeptical on that, but Square Enix has deliberately given out false information before regarding their titles as they are paranoid about leaks. That, and PolarPanda's NOA source made it very clear that no one really knew any of the DLC characters. They're putting all their eggs into one basket, and it's not wise when you remember that 3 DQ names were thrown around along with Sephiroth, Crono, Sora, and Geno.
It could be a source from Bamco

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I couldn't even be mad if it turned out to be a Bravely Default character after all of this, easily my third choice for a new Square series. I'd just be incredibly speechless that this damn list was ultimately useless.

View attachment 186001
How can you have a username like that and not expect that silver platter to be delivered?

Just to be aware, Brave is also the name of a combat style from a Monster Hunter game
https://gematsu.com/2016/11/monster...nsive-continuous-attack-focused-hunting-style
Oh **** no.

Last edited:

Minik

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom