• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RandomAce

Smash Champion
https://twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1080971781790416896?s=19

apparently they even have the walking speed stats
Well crap... sorry to those behind the scenes, but with this info in the wild, there is no going back.

With how much stuff is already in the data, it means that Joker and Erdrick are a lot more completed than we thought. I actually think a Joker gameplay reveal may be coming a lot sooner, and Erdrick is just as done as them.

The other three fighters are probably not as done as the three already in the files, but they may already we’ll be at least halfway done.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
The code has the name "yuusha" which translates to either brave or hero. Most likely it is hero as in Dragon Quest Hero. :p

Or Bravely Default
Okay, I first saw it through Twitter with the whole speed thing from someone and it had the speed stats for Joker and the character labeled "Brave" so that's where I first saw it from. Also, this is coming from Twitter, so yeah. Unless, this REALLY is Bravely Default, I wouldn't be mad at all. I love the Bravely games.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I'm sure Gentlepanda Gentlepanda would love that.
Someone in replies pointed this out too but
https://mobile.twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1080975236437295109
Brave doesn’t have a rapid jab. Erdrick would likely be a swordsman who tend to have rapid jabs, so a bit strange. Maybe it’s another DQ hero, or he uses other weapons like he can in game.
Hmm. On that matter, I wonder, Gentlepanda Gentlepanda , what kind of weaponry does Edea Lee use?

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Not to be the "stop having fun guys" man, but if you'r gonna discuss this ****, at least don't share those accursed twitter links.

D

Deleted member

What do you mean by rapid jab? I don't think Ike does or Robin.
Oh yeah forgot about Ike. Robin has one, but it’s with magic instead of his sword. A rapid job is a jab that’s quickly hits multiple times, like Meta Knights. Ike is a heavy sword man though so it makes sense. Correct me if I’m mistaken, but a DQ character would likely be a rather light swordsman. Could mean they use other weapons instead.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Hmm. On that matter, I wonder, Gentlepanda Gentlepanda , what kind of weaponry does Edea Lee use?
A sword, although following the idea that it's a rep of the party as a whole (different skins/characters, etc.) since they all do the same stuff with changing jobs, I'm not even sure what 'they'd' use for a standard attack if everything else draws from another job.

D

Deleted member

Square wanted Noctis in Smash before everyone involved settled on Cloud, right?

I wouldn't be surprised if Square pushed for, let's say, Luminary as the DQ rep before everyone settled on Erdrick.
SE didn't actually made any suggestions or pushed for anyone. Interviews only state that they thought Sakurai would have chosen either Noctis or a newer rep so they were surprised about him chosing Cloud, they also didnt seem to push anyone instead but were relatively straightforward.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well blow me down.
A party mechanic for DQ Hero was one of the least discussed concepts over at all 3 DQ Hero threads. Probably mentioned once, and called it way too convulted to work.

It sounds incredibly Unique (and I love multiple-character characters).
Will they go for other classes? Like...
Warrior, priest, thief, sage, martial artist... Buffoon! And if they went all out, we could swap between Male and female party members!

Something tells me that if this is true... We're in for a treat! Seems like as far as characters go, they have been pretty reasonable.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Well, uh, oof.

To reiterate one thing since the secret is out, I guess...

It's also worth noting that the earliest DQ character rumors consisted of a character simply named "Hero" and that "one of the DLC characters would be more work than any other Smash character before" which a lot of people theorized as leaning a multi-skin character like the Koopalings. Plus Hero Party also lines up with the idea of Luminary and Anlucia skins.

I'm hoping this is true and we get Eight.

There's also the earlier 5ch leak with the rumors being Joker, "Brave Party" (Hero Party), Tracer, Leon S. Kennedy, and Sol Badguy. That would definitely fit being a strange but exciting lineup for me for sure. And if the other 5ch leak is right, that's Joker, Hero, Doomguy, Ryu Hayabusa, and Steve.

Really cool stuff. We could even get neither lineup. It's a wild west out there.

Last edited:

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Oh yeah forgot about Ike. Robin has one, but it’s with magic instead of his sword. A rapid job is a jab that’s quickly hits multiple times, like Meta Knights. Ike is a heavy sword man though so it makes sense. Correct me if I’m mistaken, but a DQ character would likely be a rather light swordsman. Could mean they use other weapons instead.
Marth doesn't have a rapid jab either I believe.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
What kind of sword? If it's not the traditional jab-capable kind, or if jabbing doesn't match her playstyle, then she may have a chance.
A katana - so not sure how it'd be changed up.

Come to think of it, do swordies like Marth/Ike/Link actually have rapid jabs?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Well blow me down.
A party mechanic for DQ Hero was one of the least discussed concepts over at all 3 DQ Hero threads. Probably mentioned once, and called it way too convulted to work.

It sounds incredibly Unique (and I love multiple-character characters).
Will they go for other classes? Like...
Warrior, priest, thief, sage, martial artist... Buffoon! And if they went all out, we could swap between Male and female party members!

Something tells me that if this is true... We're in for a treat! Seems like as far as characters go, they have been pretty reasonable.
If this is also true, it would blow the whole "Erdrick wouldn't be unique, he'd be another swordsman" out of the discussion, that is he really is coming with someone else. I'm honestly very excited now. Whatever this party mechanic is, it's really making me excited!

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Jack is probably Joker, like Jack Frost. I would be surprised if he wasn't part of Joker's moveset, lol.
Brave is... someone from Bravely Default? That's all I can really think of... Actually, wasn't there some mention of a "Brave Party" character from somewhere at some point? Or am I thinking of something else?
oh man, did that actually got out? (the tweet about Codename Jack and Brave)
that's a big oopsie

Last edited:

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
Pepole are saying Erdrick will be his Chibi Version as his numbers are very similar to Young Link:

"Run Speed = 1.74
That means "Brave" is between Young Link (1.749) and Kirby (1.727)

Weight = 101
That means that "Brave" is between Megaman (102) and Mii Sword Fighter (100)

"Brave" cannot wall jump, which may imply a non-acrobatic body shape

"Brave" does not have a jab combo

"Brave" is classified as a medium sized character (i.e. Kirby, Young Link, Megaman, ect)

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Pepole are saying Erdrick will be his Chibi Version as his numbers are very similar to Young Link:

"Run Speed = 1.74

Weight = 101

"Brave" is classified as a medium sized character (i.e. Kirby, Young Link, Megaman, ect)
lemme fetch those chibis for you fam

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Two certain bits of that lineup annexing better choices gives me a heart attack. I'm glad it's fake.
Leon S. Kennedy isn't a downgrade from our boy. Unfortunate, but Resident Evil is a huge deal and Leon is just as important to Nintendo especially during that era as Phoenix. Like, no, I don't believe it, but it's a very interesting lineup.

D

Deleted member

"Run Speed = 1.74

Weight = 101

YESSS I like that design a lot more. Knowing Sakurai that sounds like what he would go with too.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Leon S. Kennedy isn't a downgrade from our boy. Unfortunate, but Resident Evil is a huge deal and Leon is just as important to Nintendo especially during that era as Phoenix. Like, no, I don't believe it, but it's a very interesting lineup.
What makes you think Leon was one of the ones I was talking about Watson? :O Or that Phoenix was one of the ones who's absence I'd be lamenting?

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

"Run Speed = 1.74

Weight = 101

Please no.
Joker is also M sized character
Same for others characters, like Cloud and the FE character.

DONT jinx it.

I want my snazzy Snes design with an Eight Alt

Untouch

Smash Master
If the character is "brave" instead of just "erdrick" it seems to me like he'll take moves, spells and weapons from more than just Erdrick.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

"Run Speed = 1.74

Weight = 101

I doubt it. Joker is also listed Medium, and has a smaller weight value. Not to mention that there are plethora of characters that are tall, light, and don’t have rapid jabs.

Stats only tell us how they would play, and also how far they are in development in this scenario.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I wouldn't mind his chibi version, but I am hoping not as his non-chibi version is quite badass, same for the female.

Top Bottom