• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPMII (Game over, mafia win in a bloody finale!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
uh gotmink, the reason no one's jumping on agentli is because of his common yoshi perdicament.
common says he roleblocked agentli, if so then he says the mafia should not have been able to kill someone that night.
So if common is being truthful, then agentli can't be mafia.
I kinda wish I had a better read on sinz though. kuj didn't post much, seems like sinz is in keeping with that tradition (no offense man)

ligolski

Smash Rookie
I don't see reasoning in lynching Agentli. Maybe because he doesn't post a whole lot but then, that's not really mafia-like. Mafia try to post a lot more to keep from seeming like they're trying to avoid detection.
WRONG absolutely wrong...some mafia members like to lurk and not help and stay under the radar

Blazer

Smash Ace
WRONG absolutely wrong...some mafia members like to lurk and not help and stay under the radar
But a smarter mafia wouldn't do that. It's logic. Our perception is that they lurk and stay under the radar but if they post a lot then we don't call them on lurking. That's how I stayed alive for three days in KH mafia. I read a little and realized that's what was expected was hiding and then I figured if I talked a lot we'd lynch the innactives instead of me. Our mafia members have probably figured this out unless they're all new people.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
So if common is being truthful, then agentli can't be mafia.
I kinda wish I had a better read on sinz though. kuj didn't post much, seems like sinz is in keeping with that tradition (no offense man)
Ah yes, but do please take other special abilities into account as well. Maybe if he's the Godfather it doesn't work, maybe there was a second role blocker. Dont automatically trust him just because of this. If he happens to do anything scummy in the future then lynch him.

I'm supporting him because I've never had any reason to suspect him, not that he posts much, and partly because of my ability.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Pythag, the reason I haven't been posting much is because I have been busy working for gideon. Plus, this is a really confusing game.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
I don't feel like going back and quoting stuff so i'm gonna do it off the top of myhead.

Eorlingas has had a hand in every townie lynch so far. Of course, there are always others who vote too but sometimes he was the main reason people got lynched. The main reason I suspect him is the way he acts. The responses he makes to claims against him and the way he votes. He has gotten people to vote a certain way, then taken his opinion back so that when the town goes through with it, his *** is covered.

I know you said not to mention the Shelly thing, but come the **** on. Shelley Marsh? Who cares if "she's helpful at the end of episodes sometimes!!one." She's mean as hell in every episode she's in, she is NOT a nice character. Put yourself in the GMs shoes, if you were thinking of the character shelley marsh, what side would you put her on? Definitely not town. Like I said before, vigilante at best. There is no way this character would be a townie.

Eorlingas has a lot better chance than most of being mafia. Like I said before, almost everyone is either suspicious of him now, or has been at one point. But now that i'm still against him when everyone else let up is the reason that most arent voting. I seem too persistent and nobody else wants in. When he said Shelly Marsh, as soon as I realized it wasn't the mom and it was that mean *** babysitter I knew I was right.

I'm keeping my vote.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Bah, you got me all wrong on that one, I didn't mean "she teamed up with Cartman so she's bad." I was actually saying that was one of the episodes where she was being nice. As for the whole you clamming up thing, I was mostly just ****ing with you.

Thank you. I want to apologize for being kindof harsh to you in that last post, but the "clamming up" comment just annoyed me.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Eorlingas has had a hand in every townie lynch so far. Of course, there are always others who vote too but sometimes he was the main reason people got lynched. The main reason I suspect him is the way he acts. The responses he makes to claims against him and the way he votes. He has gotten people to vote a certain way, then taken his opinion back so that when the town goes through with it, his *** is covered..
Taken my opinion back? Name one time when I have done that in the context you have stated. The first person we lynch role-claimed mafia, and the second one lied constantly about everything. There was a good reason to be suspicious of them.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
woops sorry, I a was writing but I realized I was in the wrong thread.

However! I will not pursue such an undignified way becoming a spamzor.

Ontopic: My main bet is against Ligolski, I will pull up the specific posts later. However, because of Lance's Aggro post style, I am also a bit suspicious of him.

G

GotMink

The reason i think he's mafia is because spam master said that he investigated him with a power that didn't tell whether or not he was mafia but said that from it he got that he was mafia, when in fact he was actually the cop, meaning his power did tell him that he was mafia, also spam master really thought agentli was mafia and we know that spam master was town aligned and that his opinion can't be that of a mafia member trying to deceive.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The reason i think he's mafia is because spam master said that he investigated him with a power that didn't tell whether or not he was mafia but said that from it he got that he was mafia, when in fact he was actually the cop, meaning his power did tell him that he was mafia, also spam master really thought agentli was mafia and we know that spam master was town aligned and that his opinion can't be that of a mafia member trying to deceive.
No, he tried investigating him, but wasn't able to because I stoped him with my ability. His cop power didn't have anything to do with his suspicions.

I dont care if Spam_Master thought he was mafia. People are wrong.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Just because someone that was town is suspicious of someone when they die does not make that person mafia.

G

GotMink

i know but it's more weighty a suspicion once you know that the one with the suspicion was town... also if spams power got blocked that doesn't clear agentli at all like pythag suggested.

G

GotMink

oh that's right common claims to be able to stop the mafia from killing anyone as well... well isn't that convenient... he blocked the cop from investigating li and he also proves that agentli can't be mafia, doesn't any one else find that a little fishy?

Blazer

Smash Ace
No, it's not. They can be wrong and then we end up lynching two towns. Just because they died doesn't make them anymore correct town or not. By your logic if a mafia accuses someone before they die then that person is town and that's not how it works because the mafia can be covering that person up from people with your logic. Which is why that doesn't work.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
So what exactly is your arguement against him? That Spam_Master thought he was mafia so he must be?

I remember Spam_Master's original arguements against him. They weren't all that good, no offense to him.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
oh that's right common claims to be able to stop the mafia from killing anyone as well... well isn't that convenient... he blocked the cop from investigating li and he also proves that agentli can't be mafia, doesn't any one else find that a little fishy?
Ah, I knew it would come to this eventually.

I blocked Spam_Master because I thought he was a good a candidate as any. I didn't throw suspicion on him out the window when Frozenflame was killed on Night 1 because a vigilante or serial killer could have done it. I thought his agressive posting style was weird, and he was a new player to this game, at least on Smashboards, which made me weary of him. He blamed OCD for some of his actions which didn't cut it for me. The fact that he even blamed his OCD should prove he himself knew he was doing something scummy. It's not my fault he ended up being cop.

What's wrong with me proving Agentli cant be mafia? Isn't that, you know... GOOD?

If you have any reason as to why we should lynch Agentli then by all means say it. Just dont make it "Spam_Master suspected him. So I do to."

Blazer

Smash Ace
You can't just say Agentli is mafia. Your logic is pretty much "I'm able to read minds over the internet so I'm right." We're too close to the game's end. lynching the wrong person could be disaster.

G

GotMink

No, it's not. They can be wrong and then we end up lynching two towns. Just because they died doesn't make them anymore correct town or not. By your logic if a mafia accuses someone before they die then that person is town and that's not how it works because the mafia can be covering that person up from people with your logic. Which is why that doesn't work.

that's not my logic at all, i'm saying if a town thinks someone is mafia their opinion is more weighty because we know they genuinely think that, i said nothing about mafia.

Blazer

Smash Ace
But mafia members can accuse people and their opinion suddenly make that person more likely to be town by that logic so it fails because mafia can accuse each other to lead you in that logic which is why we don't use it.

G

GotMink

I'm not saying it works both ways..... >_< i'm saying it works only when the person is town

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You know what would be messed up if a mafia member got another mafia lynched!

That would be messed up.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So gotmink, if I died tonight, and I was suspicious of you that means by your standards your most likely mafia?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
whoa too much going on.
Lance, Yes eor has had a hand in the town lynch's, but he alone can not be held responsible. Because he did something(wether it be tricking somone, or merely bringing to light a new aspect to the initial supicion, it was all of us acting on his suggestions.

whoever was suspecting lig of being mafia, please inform me as to what he's done that has been suspicious. The only fishy thing I can find is his posts against eor, which was cleared up. I find him quite pro-town.

common you bring up an excellent point about agentli, should I choose to believe you (and I think I will) then I may Unvote Gotmink and start seriously thinking about voting agentli.
He's shown to me that he's only capable of being a grumpy lier.
Where is he by the by?

G

GotMink

So gotmink, if I died tonight, and I was suspicious of you that means by your standards your most likely mafia?
no i'm not saying most likely i'm saying your opinion would be worth more because we know you're town (if infact you are town), as compared to someone who is still alive and we are unsure whether it is a mafia scheme or not. What changes after someone dies and turns out to be town is the weight of their suspicions. your opinion would be considered more so after you die and are proven town than if you were alive.

Take for example when someone is proven town by a cop, usually the get nightkilled after that because the mafia know that their opinion would carry more weight because they are proven town. Same thing when someone dies and is proven town that way, their opinions should be considered more weighty and more influential.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
sinz you are very mean...i am about to go on vacation and you decided that you are going to possibly try and get me lynched...its also suspicious in a way b/c i can't defend myself...but maybe you missed my post on that

ok...FOS: common and blazer for gang banging gotmink when his logic imo does make sense...you guys are twisting his words and taking the idea out of context...

now to compound a little more on agentli...i found this post

At this point, there's really nowhere left to go unless we get some sort of new information. We won't get new information unless we lynch someone, and at this point, spam_master is pretty close to it. It's not that I particularly find him to be mafia-ish, but at this point, there is no one truly more suspicious than anyone else. It's a stab in the dark of course, but then again, which vote wouldn't be?

Vote: Spam_master

On necessity. It's not a point of finding mafia anymore, at this point in the day, they won't risk themselves to come out anyway and make a stupid move. Spam could be as mafia-ish as the next person could be. It's either this, or go after one of the inactives.
i can't believe i let this slide myself...he is putting the killing vote on spam just b/c he wants to end the day...that greatly helps the mafia no matter what way you put it...his reasoning is flawed period

hmmm...you know whats really funny is how agentli is lurking...he logged on today and said nothing...

Shouldn't we look at who spam master was suspicious of? We know he was town, and the cop, and he said he used his power(the one he made up) on agentli, and then tried to make it seem like when he went to agentli's house it seemed like he was mafia, because he didn't want to reveal he was the cop. It is quite possible he investigated agentli and got a guilty, and tried to tell us that without revealing that he was a cop.

He was also suspicious of smashman90 and myself for defending someone he "knew" was mafia. We know that smashman is not mafia and i know that i am not mafia, however he really had no evidence against agentli that the town could see and i was defending li because of that. But if spam had investigated agentli and found him to be mafia then it would make sense he would attack agentli like that. Therefore

Vote: Agentli
this was a post by gotmink which is what he just restated...you know whats really funny...agentli addresses this once (and it sucked imo) and a couple of us kept the pressure up...then agentli disappears...and now lurks...thats suspicious imo...

common i have a question for you...
-you said that your character gets confused sometimes...how do you know that, that didn't effect your ability? this is a HUGE gapping hole in your argument there is a possibility that your ability failed or did something totally different...and i am asking this seriously now, did i miss somewhere where spam may have said or hinted to that his power was blocked or no? and common if the answer to that question is yes then is that the basis behind your argument?

if the answer to that last question is yes, then i am sorry, i missed it and my last point is moot BUT if it is no THEN my point has all the validity in the world

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
and i am asking this seriously now, did i miss somewhere where spam may have said or hinted to that his power was blocked or no?
He did mention that when "he went to Agent's house, and no one was home". It didn't "tell" him that Agent was mafia, but he took it to mean as such

However, since his role was bogus, we have to take it with a grain of salt.

In all honesty, I would probably be voting for Agent if it wasn't for Common. I trust Common, and so I believe him about his role. After voting for two people who I believed where mafia because of being suspicious, I am wary about this.

Common is probably who I trust the most here. If he turns out to be mafia, I'd be shocked.

Lance87

Smash Lord
@Eorlingas- I was referring to that time someone was just lynched (can't remember who) and you tried to unvote after knowing good and well that they were already dead saying "anyone else starting to think that this is a bad idea" or something like that, conveniently positioning yourself as the first to say something like that so you wouldn't look bad.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Vote:Camo-man

For not posting and for a while and then saying something absolutely positively unhelpful.

Unvote:Camo-man

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
and you tried to unvote after knowing good and well that they were already dead saying "anyone else starting to think that this is a bad idea"
That's total bull****

I'm going to quote my post, and the post in front of it

Twist, redeem yourself. I dont want to see you die. Do you know any other people who are Mafia/Independant?

>_> <_<
Unvote: Dr_twist

I'll wait to hear what he has to say
And if you want to harkon back to Day 1, I spent the entire time trying to manipulate Twist into telling us who was who. Twist came out and claimed he was mafia, and Common played it smart and acted like he wouldn't die if he told us who other people where. That was Common's plan, it was smart, so I jumped onboard with an unvote.

After it turns out Twist was town, I pointed out that I unvoted, bringing the votes down to 6. I thought Thedocsalive made a mistake, and since Twist was actually town, of course I would have wanted him to live, even if he was ****ing stupid and I only unvoted in order to try and manipulate him. I haven't played mafia in a long time, as I have stated before, I forgot that the second someone hit the amount to die they where dead. If you also remember, I edited early on (I believe)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
ok...FOS: common and blazer for gang banging gotmink when his logic imo does make sense...you guys are twisting his words and taking the idea out of context...
Um... no I didn't.
common i have a question for you...
-you said that your character gets confused sometimes...how do you know that, that didn't effect your ability? this is a HUGE gapping hole in your argument there is a possibility that your ability failed or did something totally different...and i am asking this seriously now, did i miss somewhere where spam may have said or hinted to that his power was blocked or no? and common if the answer to that question is yes then is that the basis behind your argument?
I never said it failed, I said I suspected it could fail since the original PM sent by Doc said I was always confused. It was part of the character's backround info, but I wondered if it was a clever way of hidding a handicap. I have no idea.

And for this all to make sense, I will have to role reveal. I am Towlie, and I give people drugs and get them high so they cant use their night abilities.

But you know why I am defending him like I am? It's because I never agreed with Spam_Master's or anyone else's reasons for his lynch. If I didn't have this role blocking ability I would still be defending him. We've already lost 4 townies straight in a row. I dont trust Agentli to a big degree, but I should at least try to stop a lynch I dont approve of.

You know what? I was in the process of defending Agentli's against ligolski's points just now, but he can go ahead and defend himself. He never posts anymore.

Lance87

Smash Lord
After it turns out Twist was town, I pointed out that I unvoted, bringing the votes down to 6. I thought Thedocsalive made a mistake, and since Twist was actually town, of course I would have wanted him to live, even if he was ****ing stupid and I only unvoted in order to try and manipulate him. I haven't played mafia in a long time, as I have stated before, I forgot that the second someone hit the amount to die they where dead. If you also remember, I edited early on (I believe)
I seriously don't think you had a lapse in memory. You forgot that as soon as someone gets the right amount of votes they're dead?

Now that's bull****.

You were just trying to make yourself look better/town-like.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
rofl

ok but even though you roleblocked spam which it seems you did and i believe you know b/c i forgot about that house thing...that doesn't mean he isn't mafia...and the other evidence i have provided surely makes him suspicious...

well, time to go on to my trip...GO TOWN!!! WOOT...AGENTLI IS MAFIA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom