• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPMII (Game over, mafia win in a bloody finale!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm actually supporting Common on this

We do not know who has what role. What Blazer said is true, and there are a ****load of characters. The thing is, no one knows who has what. If everyone roleclaims a major character, then someone does a one-time character, then it's pretty obvious that that person is lying.

If I'm cartman, and I try to claim I'm manbearpig, but someone really is manbearpig (which could easily happen), then obviously I'll be called on it. However, if instead I claim to be Mingy, then it's pretty obvious I'm making it up, since it's a one-time crappy character.

At the moment, I'm supporting it.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Hey guys, let's all name claim.
And dont give me that rubbish about how it'll reveal the power characters. They're dead!

I dont see how it woud be practical with all these characters possible to pick from, but you never know what could happen...
I usually hate the idea of name claims in this kind of mafia game, but the fact that we have no doc and no cop make me change my mind. Common's right, we have very little to lose, and this could make a mafia member slip up and claim a name another person already has. Im for it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Should we just start now, or should we wait for more people, so two or so people don't do it then have everyone else just say "Nah"?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Prolly it'd be more worth it to have everyone commit to it, since this way if you or I are mafia, fake claim, get called on it, and therefore get lynched, the remaining mafia will fight hard against it. But if you wanna start Eor, Ill start too.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I just saw another major problem in this and I really hope you all have an answer to it before we start this up. If there are 5 mafia right now is when this is an actual problem I suppose, but if there are 5 mafia and someone name claims and then the mafia person were to say that was their role and then to supply false night actions and the like then we lynch the wrong person we're done for.

I don't like the idea at all. I'll go along with it but, I fear that it may end up with us losing out in the end.

Ronike

Smash Ace
See, but the town wins that way too. If a mafia fake claims the same as a townie and we lynch the townie, then we know to kill the mafia member the next day. We would have to suspend voting until finishing the role claim to ensure that this works.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
That's a great point. I didn't think of that at all.

Well, ****. That kills that

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
See, but the town wins that way too. If a mafia fake claims the same as a townie and we lynch the townie, then we know to kill the mafia member the next day. We would have to suspend voting until finishing the role claim to ensure that this works.
If we have 5 mafia, then a misslynch here means we loose.

I'm having second thoughts on this. My last post was too sensational.

I guess it depends on if we think there are 3 or 5 mafia.

And that would depend on if Common is telling the truth. If common is right, then there can only be around 3, 4 at the most. If there are 5, then common is lying, and we loose (reasons on common's role and the number were posted on further back).

In all honesty, I believe Common. I've never been suspicious of him, and I think he's telling the truth.

But if we have 5 mafia, then we might loose tonight.

But, in all honesty, we always have a possibility of loosing tonight. If there are 5 mafia, we're ****ed either way.

I think we should go for it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
My first post was being written when Ronike was posting

Ronike

Smash Ace
I honestly dont think there are 5... for a fifteen person game, thats just too many IMO... I think 4 if considerably more likely, with 3 being just as likely as four. Though I had forgotten the mafia winning condition for a moment...

ligolski

Smash Rookie
there is no way that the mafia would make up 1/3 of the game...thats just unfair imo...there are probably 3 or 4...not including independant...

at this moment i also support a name claim is suppose...we lost the major power roles as said...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Wait a sec, i just thought twice.

My role is the same as the previous south park game, so I would have to assume that alot more than just mine are...

if that's the case a name claim would be handing certain roles over to the mafia?
I really dont think thedocsalive would rehash the same roles and characters. If this did happen with you, I'm pretty sure it's an isolated incident.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
I really dont think thedocsalive would rehash the same roles and characters. If this did happen with you, I'm pretty sure it's an isolated incident.
How could you be pretty sure? You can't. You just want your idea to pass, which is understandable...but there's no way to tell. At least consider the possibility before saying that you pretty much know it's an isolated event.

My role isn't exactly the same, there's just a small adjustment btw.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
couldn't he possibly be the ignorant cop that finds everyone innocent?
Or that could've been spam?
I'm confused. And I don't know south park.
Frustration!

Blazer

Smash Ace
couldn't he possibly be the ignorant cop that finds everyone innocent?
Or that could've been spam?
I'm confused. And I don't know south park.
Frustration!
That's sounds a bit like Barbrady but I doubt that Docsalive would give someone a role that dumb. I'd exect village idiot from Barbrady too. This is just dumb. How can he possibly be Barbrady?

G

GotMink

SO are the rest of us claiming as well? or no.... btw i STILL think agentli is mafia. Agentli = mafia.... ... Anyway should the rest of us nameclaim now as well.. or did sinz just randomly shout out his..

agentli

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I have not been on, I've been helping out in the community and I haven't showered for two days. Anyway, I'd like to say that name claim is probably false, because no one will willingly go out and state a power role like that if they were town. It would be kind of stupid actually.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Agentli, you've restated what we've already talked about

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You know, Lance might have something. Power roles are out, but there are backup roles. We don't know what thedocsalive put in here. Mainly, I'm thinking about Brian Botano, my role from the first game. I was a cop or doc, but I still had an ability to discover information. If someone else here is Brian Botano, then they might get killed because of it.

But, then again, there is no guarantee that a Brian Botano would have the same role, and even then, both Common and Camo have come out with their role, meaning it's likely that one of them will probably get night killed.

I think it has the possibility of doing more good then harm.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
But, then again, there is no guarantee that a Brian Botano would have the same role, and even then, both Common and Camo have come out with their role, meaning it's likely that one of them will probably get night killed.
There's no guarantee that he doesnt have the same role. I know that you know this, i'm just saying.

If I didn't have almost exactly the same role from the previous south park mafia I might be for this idea.

Do you guys think that i'm the only one that this happened to? I highly doubt it.

Also, just because those dudes have come out with there role, doesnt mean that we should give the mafia backup plans on kills.

This is not good at all.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think a name claim would be that great of an idea. Yes we have lost the cop and doc, but something about this plan to me seems like we're handing over the town to the mafia on a silver platter. I'm quite iffy about this plan

G

GotMink

Cop and Doc however are one of the few roles that you can tell right away what they are based on the character name. I think it would help in this situation. should we discuss more or maybe vote for name-claim/no name-claim.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I'm still against a name claim. I don't want to just hand the town over to the mafia and let them choose the most threatening player to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom