• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SPMII (Game over, mafia win in a bloody finale!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Holy carp. Agntli just read my mind.

If this were an official debate, the winner would be obvious.

Unvote: Blazer (I was just joking about this)
Vote: Ligolski
FoS: Spam Master

G

GotMink

i don't think liggelstein is a mafia member, i think he's genuinely convinced that eorlingas is mafia, and if he's in that kind of mind set he's not going to just forget his accusations when eor gives a valid reason for his actions. i also don't think eorlingas is mafia i think he just gets a little angry. It's not mafiaish behavior. SOOoooooo

Non-FOS: jiggly and Eor

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
i don't think liggelstein is a mafia member, i think he's genuinely convinced that eorlingas is mafia
Ditto. I don't find anything truly suspicious in his post.

Spam_master, however, still is. Especially with his last vote he didn't take off, even though it was obviously a joke.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
i have to think this over more...and please stop making up random offshoots of my name, its really annoying...ligo, ligolski, liggy are fine

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Sorry for not taking off my earlier vote, I was just in my first DnD game ever and it ran long. I thought it was funny but apparnetly most did not.

Unvote: eor

The only reason I'm not voting for someoneis because I'm equally suspicious of three diffrent people. Although the fact that they both defended eor in the exact same way, make me actually mildly suspicious of eor instead of just disliking him on a personal level.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Actually, I did think it was funny. It was only later that I became suspicious. Normally for joke votes, they're taken off directly after being applied, and rarely on someone who is actually being accused.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seriously all this talk has nothing to do with the lynching of gotmink.

no, I agree with whoever said that they don't think ligolski is mafia. I think he believes to have found a chink in the foolproof armor that eor has.
I don't neccisarily believe eor is mafia either...although he's suspicious, but who isn't in this game?
this leads me back to my master plan:
Lynch Gotmink.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Yeah, sorry bout that, I really had very little time to read thru and I really just read Lig's first long post. So yeah, sorry.
Unvote: Eor
Nothing wrong with what Lig did, he was suspiscious of someone for rather valid reasons, so he voted for them.

What now?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Gotmink won't sole the Smashman problem. There is still a chance that Gotmink will start to post constructively. Didn't he do so in earlier mafia games?

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I have a plan that I think would be perfect for solving this "smashman problem". I call it "The Final Solution", all I need is a gas chamber and a furnace.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Lynching Mink does sound bad for the moment. He is at least trying to post more. But, if he doesn't pick it up and fast, then let's go for it.

G

GotMink

eck.... why am i being considered for lynching again? because you guys think I'm mafia or because you guys think i don't contribute enough? If you think I'm mafia then list your reasons and if it's because i don't contribute enough then I'll try and contribute more... sound good?

I'm curious as to why pythag singled me out though, there are other people that contribute much less than i do

hmmm let's see how about Kujirudo?

G

GotMink

Seriously all this talk has nothing to do with the lynching of gotmink.
Why are we lynching me?

no, I agree with whoever said that they don't think ligolski is mafia.
That would be me....
I don't neccisarily believe eor is mafia either...although he's suspicious, but who isn't in this game?
That would be what i said in my post before yours as well....
this leads me back to my master plan:
Lynch Gotmink.
How can what you posted above lead you to want to lynch me? You just restated what i said in my post (Post 962) as your own views... meaning you agree with me......

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You know, I completely forgot that Kujirido was in this game.

Anyone think Pythag might have a role where he has to kill/outlast Gotmink?

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Mink we're all tired of this day, I think your mafia because so far in every argument or accusation that has occurred you have sided with the people who I believe to be mafia, that combined with your inactivness makes you a prime candidate in my book for death.

We have very little info to go on and anything substantial that we did have has made the group become so polarizedone way or the other on the issue that a vote has become impossible, just admit your mafia and lets get things moving again.

G

GotMink

Oh sorry didn't realize kuji was on vacation, i just looked down the list and saw him and didn't really remember him posting much.

Blazer

Smash Ace
So then who's for lists of suspicions? We need SOMETHING to go on and getting everyone's takkes on things has to help somewhat. Just a suggestion though.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
I proposed we lynch smashman for info earlier as well... so I can't really see Eorlingas as mafia when he said the same thing. I think Mink needs to post more substance (XD this coming from me) though...

When's Kuji coming back? (And anyone wanna check up on Spam's posts?)

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gotmink my suspicion of you has nothing to do with you not posting (now at least)
You're lack of posting made me suspicious, and I didn't single you out. I did this for agentli earlier, and we got a response. I try the same thing with you yet when I vote for you, you post this angry message criticizing the entire town for being illogical morons. (especially me) So while you have only defending yourself by calling me a moron, or dodging the issue by making it sound like I'm persecuting you because your not posting enough,or trying to pass the buck and make me look like mafiascum, I'm just gonna be here until I'm satisfied.
sound good?
heh, I think this reads a lot angrier than I meant it to.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
So far today there have been several people accused of being mafia, I will list them below in approximate order of accusation:

Agentli
Smashman
Spam_master
Blazer
Eorlingas
Gotmink

I would like to propose a plan and if anyone has any objections I would be happy to hear them, I mearly think were are in a deadlock and are going nowhere.

I propose that we narrow this list down to the three most suspicious by means of a non-killing vote, each player has two votes and cannot vote for the same person twice. The three people with the most votes will then each in turn be questioned about their suspicious activities and be given a chance to argue on their own behalf (I would discourage out side help in answering suspicions though as it could be used by mafia to aid each other when their partner in crime is in a pinch). After everyone is satisifed that their questions have been answered we'll remove the least suspicious person from the running by means of a one vote per person vote. Each player excluding the two in question will the vote for who they believe to be mafia and the person with the higher number of votes, even if that number is not 7, will be lynched by the entire town.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Just because people aren't accused doesn't mean people don't think they're suspicious... I mean, I bet I look suspicious to some people for my phailed attempt to get Eorlingas. XP

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
but haven't we essentially done that already?
Smashman hasn't left the chopping block.
Eor seems to be the only other person considered to be lynched (aside from my gotmink attacks)
Unless you wann go back to the agentli stuff as well.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I think that the sustem I presented is a fair and orderly way to decide who is going to be lynched, but more then that it presents a definte tiumeline instead of the current whining and moaning. It also assures that the mafia can't influence the vote to greatly without making it obvious that they are mafia. Right now if none of the mafia are on vacation we realisticly wouldn't be able to get the neccesary amount of votes to lynch unless the person on the chopping block was town, because mafia would side with the accuse dmafia and withhold their votes making the required 7 very difficult. Using my system mafia can only help mafia by not voting for them but since the majority of people are town it will have less of an effect on the outcome, and when the person with more votes announced if they don't vote for him they automatically out themselves.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
What the heck was that?

I'm keeping my vote on ligolski. Maybe it's because I expected too much from him to be super 1337 haxed, but that last accusation didn't cut it for me at all, and just made it seem like he was just making stuff up to get someone lynched.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, I know snapekillsdumbledore. I'm gonna ask him what the heck he thinks he's doing.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Can we all just agree that Snape kills Dumbledore?

Yes we can agree on this now go away.

I don't particularly like Spam_master's plan. It's too complicated for my wishes and won't really solve that much. We can just talk all of this out and work through it. We don't need a sustem to do it. The mafia could easily manipulate a system if they wanted to and could prevent the lynch of people we want dead. I'm more for a normal way of doing things. That's probably just me though so whatever.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
the problem I see with talking things out is that if we simply use the established system our chances of killing a mafia are almost zero.

Here's the way I see it there are at least 4 or 5 mafia, and we only have 12 people that are here. If any mafia member fell under suspicion none pf the mafia would vote for him or even if they did it would only be until the got 3 or 4 votes on them, and the smarter mafia would also likely defend that person.

This presents the problem, the town is still the majority but without four or five votes if even one or two people are fooled by the arguments of the mafia players buddies then a lynch is impossible. But, if the person under attack is pro-town then they are lynched with comparable ease as more than 4 times as many people can choose not to vote on him and he will still be lynched.

My system uses the fact that the town have a numerical advantage. While the mafia may be able to push one or two people into the three suspects they cannot control all three spots due to their numerical inferiority. Then in the debate stage the mafia cannot aid a comrade who has been elected to be one of the three, this seperates the single mafia and will force him into a situation where he is lmore likely to make mistakes in his story, and even if he gets help through aim or something he still ahst reword to sound like himself or it will be onbvious that they are not his words. The elimination of one of the three is desinged to elimante the player that was targeted by the mafia, and once again th mafia cannot effectively sway this vote fue to their numerical inferiority.

I believe this system to be significantly more attuned to the towns current advantages and eliminate the mafia advantage as them playing as a team. Plus, even if we still lynch a town the mandatory vote of every current player and the systematic nature allows us to potentially objectively determine someones alliance.... this wouls certainly provide the "hard evidence" that many have been looking for.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Let me break my plan down into steps to make it easier to understand.

1.) Each of the 12 currently active players submits the names of the two people they find most suspicious.

2.) The three people with the most votes are then questioned in order from least votes too most votes, with the questioning and answering period lasts one whole day, forum time, starting at midnight. There will be no questioning of anyone whos day it not is, and the other two suspects may question the suspect being interrogated for that day.

3.) After all three people have been questioned all active membersof the town including the three suspects votes for whom the believe to be the least suspicious, and that person is then removed from the running. A suspect may not vote for him or herself in this round.

4.)After one of the three is elimated from the running everyone in the town except for the two remaining suspects will vote for who they think should be lynched. In the event of a tie the person with the least posts preceding this post will be lynched.

5.) The person with the most votes will then recieve a killing vote from all members of the town. If a town member chooses not to place a killing vote based on morale grounds then that is acceptable and will be duely noted for future refernce but by accepting this sytem it is agreed by everyone that participates that at least 7 votes will be cast.

It is obvious that any mafia aligned player will not endorse this plan, so I think that it is fair that if 7 people (the amount required to lynch anyway) the plan will have been approved and I would appreciate the cooperation and participation of others.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'm going to obstain on voting for or against this plan of yours. If the town wants it, I'll cooperate, but it does seem to me like a waste of time.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It is obvious that any mafia aligned player will not endorse this plan
Total bull****. That's a terrible plan. It puts the decision of lynching into a few players hands, giving the mafia an advantage. At the moment, we need 7 votes. It’s likely we have around 3-5 mafia. Even at the highest amount, they can’t get someone lynched by themselves. In your system, however, a player could need as little as four votes to die. If the mafia vote as a block, then they can decide who gets lynched. And even then, because everyone is suppose to vote for one of three players, we will all be voting in blocks, so it won’t even be noticeable.

This "plan" is a long, drawn out attempt to complicate the current system. Instead of having a long votes, we're having a bunch of small votes, that can be manipulated by mafia players. So not only are you asserting yourself into a position of power, you're then claiming everyone who disagrees is mafia, to scare people from posting against it. I doubted even making this post because of the current suspicion on me, and thought that I might get lynched because of it.

Unvote: Smashman90
Vote: Spam_Master

I've been suspicious of you for a long time. And this last attempt, trying to implement an easily manipulated system for lynching someone, forces the vote.

But you know what? Just incase it turns out I'm the only one who thinks this way, I'll go along. I think it's bull****, and I'm voting for you, but I'll post my two.

I say Spam_Master and Agentli are the most suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom