• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Manfia: (Game Over! Roles Posted)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Heh. Roleclaiming isn't really an option for me right now. I know I'm in danger, but to be honest I'd feel more at danger after claiming.

I've got nothin' on Iggy.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well, four days before deadline. I think that Iggy should post either today or tomorrow, assuming he has been silenced. As for the claim, I think Iggy should name-claim at least, and maybe role-claim, to give us a little more info. He is somewhat suspicious, but I'm not going to lynch him when he can't defend himself.

Since the deadline is coming up, who would you guys support for a lynch? I would be willing to lynch Xsyven, and perhaps Handorin for reasons previously stated.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Wow the deadline crept up on me. Thanks for reminding me Nick. I guess this calls for a reread, I'll see if I can figure out somethings. Ugh I hate silencing roles =[. Let's step it up please.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Whoever it is though needs to realize it won't work on me. I still don't think it's a roleblocker.
I don't think it's flavor... I have a few pieces of information that I'm pretty sure keep me pretty safe. :p
So the implication I'm getting from this is that you feel pretty **** safe at Night. If that's the case...

Heh. Roleclaiming isn't really an option for me right now. I know I'm in danger, but to be honest I'd feel more at danger after claiming.
...then what's the danger here? Do you just think that we're going to want to lynch you immediately after finding out your identity? Because gosh, that just makes me more curious (though, for the record, I don't want you claiming anything until Smashman comes back).

You can't have "nothin' on Iggy." Form a decision, foo'.

I don't really want Iggy to claim anything toDay. I think he should make a point of posting soon (like, by tomorrow), but I don't want him to claim anything because I don't think it will prove anything. And if it does somehow prove that he's town, then the mafia's just going to nuke him for it toNight anyway. I hope his one post ends up being insightful though.

Right now, I think I'd be most in support of a Hando lynch, just as I was yesterDay. Mostly for lack of other suspects (that I'm actually willing to lynch), if I'm being honest. I hope we have more to go off of when Iggy posts and when Smash comes back. And when MARSHY speaks again.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey Lovers

Xsyven (1): Nicholas1024

Ignatius (2): Marshy, Macman

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
eor/xsyven
macman
circus has obviously been after hando for a long time so no link
chaco
iggy
nick
kiki- this might be somewhat of a stretch but he said hando looked like he was anti-town and seemed to consider him. he later said he thought hando was probably indy as well. *shrug*

and earlier medi said he thought hando was town and i've seen him do similar things as mafia. smashman hasn't said he's suspicious of hando and has hinted at a presumably townie role and i have no idea why

as for iggy being silenced i don't think it makes him likelier or less likely to be mafia. nameclaiming/roleclaiming is his call

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Ok, Xsy are you going to claim or not?

unvote vote:xsy

because at this point, we are very very close to the deadline, barely anything has happened. And I would like smashman to reveal what he found so that we have something to discuss. Also, I find you the most suspicious, so you would be my choice for a lynch today. But smashman says he can prove[or atleast show evidence] that you are town depending on what you claim. I would think that you would hop at the opportunity to prove that you are town. But for some reason you are afraid. It makes literally no sense to me. The only role that anyone should be afraid of claiming is spiderman.

And if you are like niiro was in HPMafia and someone was after your role. Than you hesitance to claim would already reveal that you are who they were looking for and you would be dead anyways.

So unless you claim or you give me a very verrryyyy legit reason as to why you don't want to claim I'm going to leave my vote on you. And I suggest everyone else do so as well.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, I think we should be a little more cautious with Xsy and definitely wait for Smashman.

I honestly feel more comfortable with a Hando lynch, just because I'm so uncertain about Xsyven.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Marshy: that's interesting, but I can't say it's really convincing me. Just looking at the posts in isolation doesn't really convince me that all the suspicions were posted in earnest. For instance, Macman has since changed his mind about Handorin and now doesn't find him suspicious--what do you make of that? You also quoted Iggy placing his soft vote on Handorin, but I don't know whether that really put Handorin in any extra danger--there were already three votes on Kevin at the time. I'm not saying either Macman or Iggy are scummy for this, but the way I understand your point we have to accept that anyone who ever voices suspicion of someone else can't be suspecting mafia if they're mafia too. I just don't buy that.

Iggy: now would be a good time to post. Just make sure to address everything that's been directed at you, plus whatever thoughts you have to share. There doesn't seem to be consensus that you should claim, so I'm going to change my position on that and leave it up to you.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Just to open this off, as many of you have guessed; I was the target of a night action last night. I was poisoned, more specifically I feel dizzy after having been shot with something. The similar description that I recieved was close to Rockins, so I believe that we were the target of the same ability; however I was not clawed or bitten.

Thoughts on name/role claim?
Because you claimed GG, and I think we all know what one of GG's favorite weapons is (and I'm not talking about the Glider). It would make sense seeing as the pumpkin bombs are grenade-like and the Goblins are well known for using them.

Because it could help us in determining who is town and who is mafia, but then again the fact that Bullseye was mafia could make it difficult for us to determine who is mafia and who isn't.

This was brought up fairly early toDay; and I'm not sure that it is to our advantage to claim at this point in time. The fact that Bullseye was a mafia member is something that I'm a bit wary of, if any of you haven't done research on him; he's a villain in the Daredevil world. Not exactly something Id expect to be against the SS. Additionally it is possible that some characters are placed where they don't fit at all as a way to prevent such a claim from breaking the game. I know in Tom's SLJ mafia in the BRoom, Mace Windu was a mafioso; giving him safety from a name claim.

What I believe would be more helpful is role claiming when the time comes, and looking at the balance of the roles with what roles we have already seen in mind. However this also has the drawback of revealing all of our roles to the mafia; hence why it's not something that I'd be looking forward to doing toDay.

Anyone else finding grenades exploding around them, or is that just me?

I've gotten PM's two nights in a row with grenades exploding around me.
Just wanted to chime in that I have not experienced any grenades around me either.

@Ignatius: you put your soft vote on Handorin. Why didn't you put your real vote on Handorin? He was a viable lynch candidate. If you had cast a vote for him sufficiently early we probably could have swung the Xsyven votes over to Handorin and gotten a lynch. The last three people to post D2 were Macman, me, and Marshy--all of us had votes on Xsyven, and (maybe I'm wrong, but push come to shove) I think we all would have moved our votes rather than no lynch. So even if I can't blame any single person, well, you sure deserve your share for not speaking up.
After Kevinm was modkilled(who was previously the leader in the soft vote), I did not find it likely that we would be able to muster enough people in such a short time to lynch him. Additionally, he was away at Genesis and would not be able to muster a claim of any sort. So while it may have been possible to swing the votes over to him, and I have been suspicious of him; I'd also like to give him a chance to claim before he gets lynched. As the only thing worse than losing Kevinm from a modkill, would also be lynching a PR that can't defend himself in the same day.

I'd like to read some thoughts from Iggy. Specifically opinions on Xsyven, Handorin and Smashman if I could.
I'll be covering this a bit more towards the bottom of this post.

as for roleclaim? not toDay but i'd be lying if i said i don't want more clarity from smashman. i'm wondering what he's doing by hinting at an investigative role for finding a townie and not expanding on it especially when that townie already said something that'd hint at their townieness
This is something that has bothered me a bit as well; especially since it seemed at the time that Smashman really wanted to push for a nameclaim earlier. But so far having just stated his investigative role without actually saying what he's found seems to have been a bit of a blunder; and that he shouldn't have wanted to bring it up until after he got Xsyven to claim.

@everyone
I don't think we can really afford another no-lynch. How about we start voting more freely, pushing people up to L-2 if that's what it takes to get them to defend themselves. A lot of people have just been coasting, so by being a little more free with our votes, I think it might force them to be somewhat more active.
While I understand your annoyance at the lack of toDay's activity, putting someone at L-2 is still a bit too much of a risk that town should not be willing to take.

If your assumptions pan out I think I'd agree with you, but I don't know if they're safe assumptions to make. I think there's a good chance that mafia silenced Rockin, since (like he said) he might have been targeted for his inactivity D1. But I still don't know whether Handorin is faking silenced (gagged) or not--he's been adamant that he was really gagged and that he's not faking it. It's also possible that, if he's not faking it, the "gagger" is town-aligned and he could still be mafia, since I still think Handorin would be a peculiar choice for mafia to gag. If Handorin says he was faking it I'll certainly want to know why he did that and why he persisted in his claim (although I agree that there'd be a pretty good chance he'd be independent, since I don't think it's productive town behavior to fake something like that).

@Everyone: everyone but Iggy has posted (more than once, I'm pretty sure), so it looks like he is (or is at least pretending to be) silenced. Does this make Iggy less suspicious? more suspicious? neither? Do you think the silencer is mafia-aligned?
Being silenced should have no impact on whether or not anyone believes me to be townie or a mafioso. The alignment of whoever has been doing this is still unknown; and has Circus and others have alluded to; it would still be possible that if it's thought to be a mafia ability that mafia use it on their own to try to make them appear towny.

That said, as for why I was targeted specifically, I can only guess that it has to do with my activity level. I have been one of the lesser active players in the game, and I even managed to get pressure voted while silenced.

I think Rockin was right about why he was silenced D2, since he was inactive for much of D1 until his end-of-Day flurry of activity. In any event, assuming that was mafia's plan with Rockin, suffice it to say it failed, especially given that Rockin was killed N2 (which might as well be them admitting defeat). So with that in mind I probably wouldn't expect them to go for the same play D3, noting only that if they were to do so (and assuming wrongly, for the moment, everyone to be town) I think Iggy would actually be a fair candidate for silencing. Sharp and smashman were both inactive like Iggy, but Iggy had garnered greater suspicion; Xsyven and Handorin had perhaps been more widely suspected, but all the better for mafia if they can get someone else lynched first, and then two of the more suspicious people are left for later. (Again, this assumes that Xsyven/Handorin are town--if one/both are mafia, this could take the heat off them.)

That said, I agree with you in that I think there's a better chance that he's faking it than there is that he was legitimately targeted. But my thinking (which was different than how I read yours initially, hence my asking in the first place) is that mafia probably wouldn't be likely to reattempt a failed strategy, since I think they tried it with Rockin first. I'm just still somewhat wary that we might be playing into their hand here, and especially on D3 I'd rather look for a surer thing than take a chance on that--if that proves hopelessly idealistic (and it may), so be it, but I'd like to at least try.
Upon reading this I do think that it is possible that this is the scenario that occurred, as well as the best explanation of the events that also describes why the silencer is likely to be a mafia role. I did have a bit of suspicion on me; although I did not garner much in the terms of soft votes on day 2.

However, I may have to disagree with you that their silence on Rockin was a failure from a mafia's perspective. They did manage to target a oneshot Vig with it; which may have made him nervous enough to use his oneshot daykill during his only post of that day. It also denied us as a town a chance to discuss the best possible use for that daykill, such as using it as a second lynch rather than just the daykill(which hit a town PR). What was a failiure was that they killed essentially a vanilla townie.

As such, I'm not overly surprised that I was the target when I have been a bit inactive thusfar myself this game.

Im a little surprised you have nothing that you could contribute.

I'll also be offering my thoughts on players so far

@Chaco: I know you're a recent replacement, but do you have anything else to say? Last you said there was "more to come" and that you would be more of a presence than Sharp was. Right now you're the biggest enigma in this game so it would be really nice to hear more from you. Did you have any other thoughts from your reading that you thought were worth sharing, especially in light of recent events? Your outsider's perspective could actually be rather insightful, especially since I'd imagine you've recently read over things that most of us haven't.
Chaco- I would also like to reiterate this; Chaco/Sharp has been a player that hasn't really offered anything of any worth the duration of the game. I'm also a bit confused as to how there hasn't been more pressure put on him thusfar. While he is a replacement, you still do need to hold replacements accountable for their previous owner's playstyle; lest swapping out be a sort of slate eraser.

Xsyven- Eor received a lot of flak from Tom early in this game; and you'Ve also already claimed to have a night action toDay. I'm also, as previously stated, a bit confused as to how you didn't have anything to say about me when I've been close to being the focal point of discussion so far today(counting the legitimacy of the silencing). This seems a bit awkward to me, as it almost looks like you're trying to avoid too much attention by not offering an opinion; but you also started the Day saying that you've been grenaded/bombed. I would be in support of his nameclaim though, as we've also had smashman obtain some sort of info about him.

Macman - You're an un-CC'd GG claim; although it has still bothered me that you felt the need to name claim without any pressure of any sort. GG is a pretty well known villain in the Spidey universe though, and unless there's name shenanigans akin to SLJ mafia, I'd have to believe you are town.

smashman90 - Also claimed a PR toDay, and I believe I've already stated that I felt he went about pushing his information the wrong way; and should have gotten Xsy to claim first. Seems somewhat townie to me, unless he and Xsy are both mafioso.

Nothing Rhymes With Circus- It had bothered me initially that towards the end of the day yesterday you said I was playing my general mafia strat of trying to make a few large posts and coast bye, then suddenly I come into Day 3 finding myself being poisoned. That feeling only grew worse when you seemed to be pushing for me as being a mafia member simply for having been silenced, and that it's the strategy you think I'd likely pull off. However my suspicion of you did damper a bit; as you have come from expecting this to be my strat, to seeing that it is possible that you are also wrong in your thinking. The certainty in your thought process, of an incident that I don't think it should be possible to be certain of, was what was bothering me.

Marshy - Was pushing for my lynch in the earlier days due mostly to my inactivity(I believe). His posts don't contain much in the way of fluff though, and are often goal oriented which is a great style for a town player.

Handorin - I've had my doubts of him; had my vote rest on him Day 1, as well as cast my soft vote on him Day 2. His being "muffled" should not be influencing anyone's opinions on whether or not he is town; just as me being silenced should not. I still do not believe his being muffled was legitimate, and would still be content with a lynch on him.

Nicholas1024 - Has complained a bit about inactivity, and for a new player still seems to be trying to get the town to generate as much discussion as possible.

Kirby King- To me at least, he seems to be towny; and he is leading a large amount of the discussion. However this does not mean that town should not challenge him on his thought process, in fact I'd encouraged it. If something he says or does stands out to you, point out what it was and why it did. Since he is generating a decent bit of discussion, and asking people questions it's in the best interest of the town that he is not a mafia member; and challenging him is the best way to do this, investigation aside.

Those are my thoughts on the current players, and I am a bit wary of casting a vote that I can't take back at this time; after a name/role claim. At the time of this post, I would be voting for Xsyven, as his inconsistency in what he offers during the day has stood out a bit to me. It may be possible he doesn't want to offer an opinion of me to draw less attention to himself closer to the lynch.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Thank you, Iggy. That post actually made me feel easier about you.

Let's get this show rolling.

Vote: Xsyven

You have posts to respond to. Of the remaining players, you are one of the least townie-seeming individuals left. Iggy brings up a good point about you being indecisive, like you want to stay out of the public eye. I want to know what you think. Now that Iggy has posted, do you have an opinion of him? Who do you want to lynch toDay? Would you rather not lynch anyone?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey Lovers

Xsyven (3): Nicholas1024, Macman, Nothing Rhymes With Circus

Ignatius (1): Marshy

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Chaco

Never Logs In
I agree Iggy that I have to be held responsible for all of Sharp's previous actions, it can't be a clean slate. That'd be pretty ******** for D3, so with that being said, I'll welcome any questions that you might've had for Sharp.

Also, I still am not to sure about Xsy, Id really love a response from him. We have a little over 2 days until the deadline, we need to get things going and start finalizing our lynch candidate.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Since we have a D3 replacement and a crucial discussion guy was absent for a crucial part of this Day, I'll consider an extension if enough people ask for it.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
For an extension.

Also want to hear from Xsyven. I'll soft vote him because I don't really want him at L-2 right now, but it definitely seems that he's the most supported lynch right now. So unless there's some worse fate than lynching that will befall you if you reveal yourself, Xsyven, I really think you should (name) claim so we can hear what smashman has to say about you.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Thirding the request for an extension

Xsyven, I know you've been online. It looks like you're stalling, which is not going to work (especially if we get the extension, which I'm sure we will). Time to share.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I don't really know how to explain myself, but trust me, I can't afford to claim. I don't want to restrict myself from saving my own hide, but I don't have any more options.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Are you not permitted to name claim?

Do you fear we'll lynch you if we find out who you are?

Do you fear you'll be a target at night if you reveal yourself?

Will the consequences of you claiming actually be worse than whatever would happen if we were to lynch you today?

Do you think smashman should just reveal what he knows about you?

Handorin

Smash Hero
I don't really know how to explain myself, but trust me, I can't afford to claim. I don't want to restrict myself from saving my own hide, but I don't have any more options.
I suppose I'll bold what he already italicized.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
That sounds more like he has a restriction that prevents him from claiming.

Xsyven, is that true? If you don't answer I'll take it as a yes.

Not that it explains why you haven't answered whether you think smashman should reveal what he knows about you.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Also Xsy, who do you think we should lynch if anyone. And do you have any ideas on what we should do?

smashman90

Smash Lord
An idea just popped in my head, I think I may know why Bullseye was mafia. He was a member of the Dark Avengers. The DA were all villains who dressed up as heroes. Bullseye dressed up as Hawkeye and pretended to be the hero. And Norman Osborn, aka the Green Goblin, the Iron Patriot, and I think something else was the leader of the Dark Avengers.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
It sounded almost legit until I got halfway through that theory.

Can you spill what you have on Xsy?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah it sounded pretty interesting until halfway, like Mac said. But you might be onto something. I'll dig into it, and see if I can find any coorelation.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Because the Dark Avengers rivaled the Thunerbults, and matching that up with the people killed already it makes no sense.

However, I do not believe it is the Green Goblin throwing the grenades around Xsy:

Wikipedia said:
A Pumpkin Bomb is a grenade used by the Green Goblin. A Pumpkin Bomb looks like a miniature Jack-o'-lantern and when thrown, ignites almost soundlessly and produce enough heat to melt through a 3-inch (76 mm) thick sheet of steel.
If he's hearing explosions, I don't think it's the Green Goblin.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
An idea just popped in my head, I think I may know why Bullseye was mafia. He was a member of the Dark Avengers. The DA were all villains who dressed up as heroes. Bullseye dressed up as Hawkeye and pretended to be the hero. And Norman Osborn, aka the Green Goblin, the Iron Patriot, and I think something else was the leader of the Dark Avengers.
Although that's an interesting theory, I wouldn't put much stake in it. Bullseye was "mole-aligned" when he flipped, not a "Dark Avenger." Alignments aren't going to adhere to Marvel mythos that neatly (being the Sinister Seventeen, we're already contradicting the line-up of the Sinister Six).

Smash, I think you're just convinced that Macman's mafia because of the bombs Xsyven's apparently been subject to, which can only be based on assumptions at this point (that the bomber must be mafia-aligned, that the bombs belong to the Goblin, that Xsyven is town), and are looking for avenues that lead to Bullseye and the Green Goblin being on the same side.

If we're actually going to look for sensible reasons for Bullseye to be mafia instead of just accepting that the mafia could be made up of whichever three or four villains EE wanted to use, then I would take more of my information from the fact that Bullseye is really just a mentally disturbed hitman rather than a "true" villain. He is therefor more likely to be persuaded to revolt against the Sinister Seventeen than other villains who are evil for evil's sake would be. Since Bullseye is only really driven by his hatred of Dare Devil (which seems irrelevant here) and his insane thirst for blood, I see this as a pretty logical reason. But it doesn't really give us any other headway on other possible moles.

I think brainstorming and research relating to alignment of characters could be better spent by analyzing players, especially in a game like this. We can't just rely on a nameclaim to break the game.

@Xsyven: If you're not going to claim, then can you at least respond to our other questions? Thoughts on Iggy? Opinion on a lynch? What smashman should do with the information he claims to have on you? Don't feel limited to those three either. I'd love to read any thoughts you have on anything.

Top Bottom