• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Manfia: (Game Over! Roles Posted)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also, another thing to throw that theory, wouldn't he have been shown up as Hawkeye if he was dressed like him?

And then, Xsy's last post was two days ago, and I now he's been active since then. He's got quite a bit to answer too. Fro now..

Vote: Xsy

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey Lovers

Xsyven (4): Nicholas1024, Macman, Nothing Rhymes With Circus, Chaco

Ignatius (1): Marshy

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
@Xsyven: If you're not going to claim, then can you at least respond to our other questions? Thoughts on Iggy? Opinion on a lynch? What smashman should do with the information he claims to have on you? Don't feel limited to those three either. I'd love to read any thoughts you have on anything.
To be honest, Iggy looks clear as day to me. I mean, sure he's not clear clear, but I don't see any red flags around him. I don't really think his slince was him laying low or anything. And his most recent post seemed pretty helpful, despite the fact that he didn't have very nice things to say about me. :mad:

Also, Macman, stop bombing me. :mad:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Also, Macman, stop bombing me. :mad:
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

=D

You have no opinions on a good lynch candidate? Deadlines almost here, we have to lynch someone, and frankly you are the closest at this point. Doesn't that bother you? You'd rather get lynched than claim?[Unless of course what kiki said is true and you are not allowed to claim]. You want a no-lynch? Should smashman reveal his info? You thunk it's me whose bombing you? If so shouldn't you think I'm mafia since earlier you said that it seemed like the bomber was trying to kill you? You only answered the first of circus's 3 questions. We need input!!

Honestly, what you gave now seems like mafia trying to mindgame town for the next day, before they get lynched.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
can you still reveal? I don't see why Xsy doesn't want to answer whether he wants you to reveal it or not.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i guess you should? he has 4 out of 6 votes with deadline tomorrow, town should be tired of no-lynches, and he isn't helping himself too much what with slacking on the questions. maybe you can steer us away from a mislynch if you reveal it

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
and it really is your call. i'll emphasize that town's been hurting itself bad over stupid decisions like gung ho vigs and pm quoting so keep that in mind

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I think Xsyven should claim, and then smashman should reveal what he found. If Xsyven won't claim... Well, he's the primary lynch candidate...

Chaco

Never Logs In
But like KiKi suggested, what if he can't claim? I think Smashman should just go ahead and reveal.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
But like KiKi suggested, what if he can't claim? I think Smashman should just go ahead and reveal.
Perhaps, but I'm guessing that Xsyven is mafia, and doesn't know what Smashman found, and so doesn't want to claim until Smashman reveals and he finds a safe claim.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
If Xsyven wants to claim after smashman reveals what he found, we should lynch Xsyven. (I'm discounting the possibility that smashman's information flat out clears Xsyven, because I imagine smashman would have shared it already if that was the case.) Xsyven has at least hinted at being unable to claim and has otherwise refused to answer questions that it doesn't seem he should have any trouble answering. It's already been explained why he shouldn't claim after smashman reveals his information and Xsyven has flatly said he can't claim anyway. If he changes that stance now, he's contradicting himself and should be lynched.

I think smashman should reveal what he knows about Xsyven if he thinks we might not want to lynch him if we know it--he implied earlier that the information made Xsyven look town. That said, Xsyven hasn't been very helpful at all in the past few days, despite repeated attempts to get him to answer specific questions. I don't buy that he's restricted from answering any question we ask him--maybe he can't claim, but that's probably the extent of it. And if he would post at all it would at least suggest he wasn't just blowing us off and choosing to ignore our questions. So the threshold for "we might not want to lynch him if we know it" seems pretty high, but again, I don't know what smashman knows.

FWIW, if nothing else changes I fully intend on voting for Xsyven before the deadline. I adamantly oppose a no lynch today, but I'm not going to put him at L-1 just yet.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Well, I will go ahead and reveal what I found. I found information about a medical disease known as Beriberi, several doctor bills, research on polymers and that's about it. The medical bills and Beriberi stuff makes me think that he is a villain as the medical bills can be a good reason for a person to become a villain. They would steal money and stuff to pay for the bills. But I have begun to wonder if it's there to make me think he is a villain because I have looked over lists of spidey villains and I have found none so far that are connected to the Beriberi disease. The polymer research, I can't really make heads or tails on it. I wish I could have been more useful. Sorry guys. :(

Chaco

Never Logs In
I typed in beriberi disease and spider man in on wikipedia. And it seems spider bites can cause this disease.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wait! I totally read that wrong, they were just grouped. My bad.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, I will go ahead and reveal what I found. I found information about a medical disease known as Beriberi, several doctor bills, research on polymers and that's about it. The medical bills and Beriberi stuff makes me think that he is a villain as the medical bills can be a good reason for a person to become a villain. They would steal money and stuff to pay for the bills. But I have begun to wonder if it's there to make me think he is a villain because I have looked over lists of spidey villains and I have found none so far that are connected to the Beriberi disease. The polymer research, I can't really make heads or tails on it. I wish I could have been more useful. Sorry guys. :(
But even if these things did prove that he is a villain, that would not prove that he is a loyal member of the Sinister Seventeen. We're all villains. If you had looked into Bullseye and found things on him that "proved" he was a villain, it wouldn't have meant anything. He was still mole-aligned. In other words, none of that is making me second guess my vote on Xsyven and it wouldn't have even if it managed to confirm his identity for me. His lack of activity isn't helping him either.

However, it is rather amazing that the Beriberi thing isn't yielding us any clear results. I did some relatively exhaustive research trying to find a lesser known Spidey villain who would fit the bill and while some characters did land on my radar as possibles (none of which would clear him as town at all), no one seemed to jump out as an obvious match. Which is incredibly strange since the Beriberi thing is so specific. Unless he's another primary Daredevil villain (which I have not dedicated as much research to but did unsuccessfully try for a quick google match), I really don't know who he is.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Perhaps the disease just means that they are loyal to spider man? The bite is the signature way to differentiate them from normal people. (Kinda like the Death Eaters have the Dark Mark.)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Hmm, that is a pretty interesting possibility hando. Maybe smashman is some kind of flavor cop? Unless of course the results he has gotten so far don't fall in to 2 specific categories. Like beriberi or not beriberi. And I'm not sure that is the case because I'm sure smashman would have noticed that by now.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well deadline is creeping upon us. So it's pretty much settled right?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
As long as Xsyven doesn't post to defend himself.

@smashman: before the Day ends, can you clarify what you meant by this:
I know some stuff about Xsy that you don't and some of this stuff that I found makes me think that he is Town.
Did you just think it meant he was a villain, as opposed to meaning he was actually town? Were you unaware we've already had one villain flip mafia?

Handorin

Smash Hero
As long as Xsyven doesn't post to defend himself.

@smashman: before the Day ends, can you clarify what you meant by this:

Did you just think it meant he was a villain, as opposed to meaning he was actually town? Were you unaware we've already had one villain flip mafia?
Here you go.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Since theyre are 8 of us. I am assuming there are 2 mafia left. If we misylynch today and only 1 person is killed tonight, tomorrow will be Mylo. Just felt like pointing that out lol.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
What? There are 10 people alive. Mylo with 2 mafia left happens with 6 players left, and lylo happens at 5. But I wouldn't rule out 4 mafia in a 17 man game, which means 3 mafia left, so mylo would be at 8 and lylo would be at 7. (Assuming we mislynch.)

I still want to hear from smashman before the Day ends. I don't understand his original statement that the information he found made Xsyven seem town to him, and if he really just meant he thought it made Xsyven a villain then I want to know (a) why he thought villain = town, seeing how Bullseye has already flipped mafia, and (b) what was he looking for in having Xsyven nameclaim before he spilled what he found?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Vote: Xsyven

I'd appreciate if people could wait to hammer so that smashman might actually respond, but he might simply not post again before deadline, in which case someone should be sure to hammer before deadline.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Smashman has viewed the thread already, a while ago actually. I wonder why he chose not to respond.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey Lovers

Xsyven (5): Nicholas1024, Macman, Nothing Rhymes With Circus, Chaco, Kirby King

Ignatius (1): Marshy

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

smashman90

Smash Lord
I still want to hear from smashman before the Day ends. I don't understand his original statement that the information he found made Xsyven seem town to him, and if he really just meant he thought it made Xsyven a villain then I want to know (a) why he thought villain = town, seeing how Bullseye has already flipped mafia, and (b) what was he looking for in having Xsyven nameclaim before he spilled what he found?
a.) At first when I saw what I found, I had assumed that he was loyal to Sinister Seventeen and therefore a townie because I didn't see any reason at the time for why a mafia character would have stuff like this. I had also assumed that he was probably a lesser known villain considering Shadrac/Rockin was a character in this game. But after I got back from vacation and noticing that Xsy didn't claim yet, I had begun to wonder which character he was, so I began to look for which villain he was and I found nothing. That made me wonder if the info I found was there just to throw me off or not. As for Bullseye, I had just assumed that the mafia is most likely based on a group like Thunderbolts, Dark Avengers or some other group that Bullseye was in.

b.) I was hoping that he could reveal his character first so that I could check with the info I found so that way I could find out if he was telling the truth or not.

Chaco

Never Logs In
So, yeah someone needs to hammer him. If we end this day with a NL that's gonna be balls.

smashman90

Smash Lord
So you DON'T want to lynch Xsy?
I just feel confused about it. A part of me wants to lynch him due to the fact that I couldn't find any characters connected to Beriberi and I think that he was just trying to say that he has claim restrictions so that he didn't have to reveal himself. But then there's a part of me that wants to believe the information.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
We have yet to lynch one person this whole game. It's a miracle that we aren't screwed thanks to Tom.

We haven't had as much discussion as necessary because people are too afraid to actually lynch someone. Gah just do it.

>=[

Top Bottom