• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Manfia: (Game Over! Roles Posted)

Handorin

Smash Hero
And the clock struck 10:56, and Handorin pulled out his screwdriver.

It was the will of the town to Vote: Xsy

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I just feel confused about it. A part of me wants to lynch him due to the fact that I couldn't find any characters connected to Beriberi and I think that he was just trying to say that he has claim restrictions so that he didn't have to reveal himself. But then there's a part of me that wants to believe the information.
Believe what? That he's got medical bills? Sure, whatever, you can believe what you found. But all that stuff and Xsyven being mafia are not, as far as I can tell, mutually exclusive. It doesn't clear him at all, even if it does somehow mean he's a villain, and that's the most you've even suggested you think it means. (And more recently you've admitted it may not even mean that much.)

What do we have to do to convince you that lynching Xsyven is superior to a third no lynch in a row?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Final Tally of No Good Spidey Lovers

Xsyven (6): Nicholas1024, Macman, Nothing Rhymes With Circus, Chaco, Kirby King, Handorin, smashman90 (late vote)

Ignatius (1): Marshy

The game is now in twilight.

Suddenly, everyone realizes that all this infighting without results has made them hungry. Maybe they'll order some dinner to chow down on and re-energize before banishing a comrade.

The first person to order the pizza gets to pick the toppings. And then a head will roll.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Angry and hungier than ever, everyone began to crowd around one particular person.

"It's him. It must be him. Look at his face."

The enormous hands come up in protest. "Relax. Ain't no butt buddy with the webslinger."

"I don't believe you."

One man grabs at the man in the thick gray hide, but is quickly thrown across the room, slapping hard against the wall.

Another follows him. Then another. And another... until the behemoth is finally overwhelmed. Dragged over to the door, he thrashes and waves before being cast through it into the street.

"I'll wager a bet the insect doesn't know who his informants are," muses one as he shut the door. "Enjoy your fate, Rhino."

The Rhino roars, pounding on the impenetrable vault doors, and doesn't see the swinging red and blue lightning bolt that thumps into his chest and sends him skidding across the concrete.

He picks himself up off the ground, dusting himself off, and responds by casting a car toward Spider-Man.

As Spider-Man limbos quick to dodge the soaring vehicle, The Rhino leaps high and smashes into the side of the Sinister Seventeen's headquarters, keeping a tight grip. He waits for the next attack... which never comes.

Spider-Man swings through the air toward him and then, unexpectedly, he aims both wrists forward and covers the charcoal monster in webbing, fastening him tight to the wall.

The wall crawler finishes his arc and swings off, disappearing into the Manhattan skyline.

But before the SS can react, the webbing starts to tear away from the bricks to which The Rhino is fastened. With a final snap and a grunt, The Rhino finds himself landing in a crater of his own visage, before dusting himself off once again and leaping through the nearby window.

The doors to the conference room burst open, and The Rhino stands there, pointing an accusatory finger at his betrayers.

"You shouldn't've done that! Why'd you have to go after me like that?"

He pauses.

"Well, I'm bushed. Let's continue arguin' and bickerin' tomorrow."

Night Three falls.

Deadline for night actions is Tuesday, July 28th, at 11:59:59pm CDT

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
And once again, the Sinister Seventeen reconvened. Things were looking glum indeed.

"Another dead guy over here..."

The rest followed the sound of their comrade's voice, where they found an unfortunate sight.

Green Goblin (Macman; SS-alligned town roleblocker) is found in his room. His helmet has been knocked loose, and his glider is still zipping around the room, bouncing uselessly across the ceiling. The room is partially scorched from his pumpkin bombs, and his armor seems to have been pierced many times by machine gun fire. As in Shadrac's case, his face is injured, although not quite to that extent.

"Damn, why'd it have to be Osbourne! He helped START this organization! Someone has to pay for th--"

"Wait hold up! Another dead body!"

A collective "gughghghhghghg" settles over the SS as they move to the hallway to see the new corpse.

Dr. Octopus (Marshy; SS-alligned doctor) lies slumped in the hallway. His neck is broken, and his body has been moved.

"It's time to get serious," asserts one. "We can't accept losses and misfires like we've been exercising at every turn. It's time for action. We can pull through this."

Day 4 Begins!

A deadline has been set for Saturday, August 8th, at 11:59:59 PM CDT.

With eight alive, it takes five to lynch!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So yeah, I'm the Rhino. The restriction was lifted after the lynch didn't work, I guess. I promise to remember to check the DG forum more often. I always forget about this game. Also, no grenades last night.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Right. Well, ****. How does everyone feel about a roleclaim?

Also, hey Xsyven, wanna tell us why the lynch didn't work since you don't seem too surprised by it?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I'm in favor of a roleclaim. I don't think a nameclaim is going to do us any good, because I don't think a nameclaim is going to reveal who's mafia. We could still do it, I guess (especially if we do it with a roleclaim), but doing a nameclaim on its own is probably going to be a waste of time.

I also think we need to do this in an organized fashion, i.e. everyone votes for three people they want to claim, and we claim in order starting with most votes.

@Xsyven: were you restricted from telling us that? You just clammed up instead of saying anything, including defending yourself against a lynch. I mean, great that you survived and all, but it's still put us in a bit of a bind.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Very well. How about we do it in Roleclaim: Person X fashion?

Roleclaim: Chaco
Roleclaim: Ignatius
Roleclaim: Handorin

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I'm going to wait until everyone else posts what they think about a claim.

I also think we need to discuss the logistics a bit more. For instance, when/if we vote for people to claim, I think we should rank our choices at least so we have a way to break ties. We could also create a system where, say, 1st choice = 3 votes, 2nd choice = 2 votes, 3rd choice = 1 vote?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I'm also in favor or a roleclaim and nameclaim, doing both at once can't really hurt. And I'm also partial to the everyone listing 3 people method as well.

I think I'd prefer a one to one vote for simplicities sake, since I'd like to get through the claim fairly fast so we have plenty of time to discuss it toDay.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I would not be opposed for that and/or a nameclaim.

Also, was it not obvious why it didn't work? xD
Yeah, but I figured I'd ask Xsyven to see what he'd say. He seemed to be hinting before that he was immune to night kills, so I wanted to know if he actually knew he was going to survive the lynch (and since you did, Xsy, WHY THE HELL DID YOU LET US INDIRECTLY NO LYNCH AGAIN? :mad:)

I agree with Iggy that we should get the roleclaim out of the way fast, which is why I support Kiki's ranking system. I don't want us to have to deal with breaking ties after the fact if we don't have to.

Handorin: 3 votes (I'm sure you saw this coming. At this point, I'm just hella curious)
Kirby King: 2 votes
Ignatius: 1 vote

Chaco

Never Logs In
So we're going with the ranking system? Well, mine would be.

Hando: 3
Iggy: 2
Circus: 1

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I'll toss mine in as well:

Handorin: 3
Chaco: 2
Kirby King: 1

Also Nic, are you content with your old order, as a 3-2-1 or would you want to reorder them at all?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I'm also going to be out and about tonight from about 6:30 till early AM, so if the claim gets underway fast tonight and it's held up at me, that's why.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Kirby King
Handorin
Ignatius

As for 'indirectly causing a no-lynch', its all a big part of my plan. Being lynched actually enabled yet another night ability of mine, that I'd like to keep a secret for now. I know that it'll help the town a lot, so don't worry about it, and enjoy the show. :)

smashman90

Smash Lord
Actually guys, I don't think a claim might be needed considering who I checked last night. I searched Kiki's room last night and with all of the stuff that was found in his room last night, it turns out that he is...DISLOYAL! *cue dramatic music*

smashman90

Smash Lord
Actually guys, I don't think a claim might be needed considering who I checked last night. I searched Kiki's room last night and with all of the stuff that was found in his room last night, it turns out that he is...DISLOYAL! *cue dramatic music*
Lemme rephrase part of my post, I don't think a claim might be needed today since I found a disloyal member (kiki).

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Though I find a disloyal Kiki to be entirely plausible, I can't imagine what you could have possibly found that would prove Kiki to be disloyal. A "Sinister Seventeen Sucks" T-shirt?

Based on what I feel like I know about your ability, Smashman, I'm not really willing to just accept that Kirby King is disloyal on your word. I want you to elaborate on what you found (and if you come back here with polymers again, I'm gonna give you such a pinch). But before you do that, I definitely want Kiki to name and roleclaim. Not everyone else; just Kiki.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Kirby King
Handorin
Ignatius
Is that a ranked order?

Whoa, ease up there, fella.

First off: I'd love to know what you found in my room. If it's twice as useful as what you found in Xsyven's room it'll be meaningless. I still have to plead ignorance when it comes to Spiderman, but did anyone manage to find anything about Rhino and Beriberi? Try searching. The first result didn't instill much confidence in me, to be honest.

Second, I had figured I'd wait a bit before picking up my questioning from yesterday, but, well, I'm not exactly a huge believer in your ability right now. (Admittedly, your claiming a guilty on me doesn't help--at minimum I know you're wrong about this, but I'm willing to believe there's more to it.)

I give you credit, because it sounds pretty convincing. You came in against Macman, who implied to the world as loudly as he could that he had dirt on Xsyven from night actions, and assert authoritatively that you found information that made Xsyven seem town! How lucky, and how exactly-something-mafia-would-know. But then, after Xsyven doesn't nameclaim, you reveal that, well, actually, you didn't find anything conclusive about Xsyven's role or alignment. Even though you said you thought he was town, you only really thought he was a villain (because of medical bills?). Even though a villain has already flipped mafia. Even though nothing you found actually suggested he was with the SS. Even though you wanted Xsyven to claim so you could verify his allegiance! In fact, let me remind you exactly how you put that (emphasis added):
So if we do a nameclaim or if we get him to nameclaim, then I'll be able to figure out if Xsy is telling the truth or not. That is why I suggested that Xsy go first if we do a nameclaim. I wanted to be 100% certain that he is indeed a SS member and not with Spidey's group.
Given the information you revealed, there was nothing you found that could have confirmed or denied whether Xsyven was in the SS or whether he was a mole. Even if he said who he was, that would at best have confirmed his identity, which still doesn't tell you his alignment.

While I'm at it, your voting yesterday bothered me a ton. In the waning moments of the Day, you first insist that you're confused--and then you cast a vote right after Handorin hammered. That's right out of Iggy's playbook: make it look like you supported the lynch instead of a no lynch, but it wasn't "your vote" that sealed the deal. And even then, you can claim you acted under duress, because you made everyone argue with you to make sure we lynched someone.

Lest this all look like OMGUS: it's not. I'd like to think I've said more than "oh my god, you suck". Obviously I'm more suspicious of smashman for saying I'm guilty when I know I'm not. But a number of these things bothered me yesterday too, and I brought them up then. I was willing to see how the roleclaim panned out before pouncing, because if there are 3 mafia left, a mislynch today will end the game. That's another reason that smashman's claim is so alarming, notwithstanding the fact that it's against me.

Now, onto my list of people I'd like to claim, if we do indeed claim:
Ignatius: 3
Handorin: 2
Chaco: 1

Why not smashman? Well, it's pretty obvious he's going to claim to be some kind of flavor cop. Even though I'm not convinced he's being truthful, I don't really need to hear him say it again.

Now, Circus wants me to claim, and for my own sake I think that's a good idea. I'm Mysterio, Sinister Seventeen Governor. During twilight I can decide to force a no lynch instead of whoever the town voted to lynch. If I decide to veto the lynch, I create an illusion that replaces the lynched person with a hologram, the lynch fails, and the person disappears until the next morning (presumably he's immune to night actions). I can veto one lynch during the game, and I cannot veto my own lynch.

The best hard evidence I can give for my claim (short of quoting my role PM) is that Evil Eye specifically announced that the game was in twilight D3. That was when I had to send in my decision to him, and since I was online and wanted Xsyven lynched, he "commenced lynch flavor" a few minutes later. (Obviously we no lynched D1 and D2, so that never happened then.)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Kiki, assuming no one counters Mysterio, I buy the claim. I'm not sure I buy that it's a town role (leaning that way, but healthily skeptical). The ability to turn the lynch into a No Lynch is something that the mafia could also utilize well (perhaps too well).

As far as the validity of Smash's role, I'm waffling on it a little bit. I haven't found Beri Beri to be connected to any Spidey villain, let alone Rhino, but the stuff about Polymers do check out due to Rhino's suit. If Smashman is mafia faking a role, then I imagine he wouldn't have brought up Beri Beri because that's an awfully random thing to include in fake information if the town can't even easily verify it. Plus, he would have no reason to defend Xsyven the way he did unless Xsyven is also mafia, which I am strongly doubting right now.

Smashman, time to elaborate.

And oh, hey look, no one was silenced toDay.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
@Circus: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Governor
FWIW I've never seen a mafia governor myself (but if you can have a mafia tracker, I guess you can have a mafia governor, and MS links to a game that did have a mafia governor). There was a town governor in BSGMafia, and up until a few weeks ago, the MafiaScum wiki said governors were town.

I hadn't caught the polymers thing. It's still possible it's a lucky guess (are there other villains who use polymers?), or perhaps mafia has a stalker. Or it's possible it was intentionally made up, lest it be connected to a specific character and be contradicted after Xsyven flipped. (No one seemed to figure out Xsyven was the Rhino after smashman posted his info.) In any event, defending Xsyven could make him look very good if he's mafia and knew Xsyven would flip town.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I'd also really like to see smashman come forward with what he's found now. I didn't find much success with yesterdays beriberi and a polymer when I went to look it up; so I'm interested to see what has him so convinced that Kiki is disloyal.

As for the Governor, I've never actually played with one in a game myself before. It seems to be an ability that both mafia or town could put to use somewhat well.

I'm leaving for the night soon, so may not be able to post after this for awhile. Make sure to get your claim lists in order as well if you haven't.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Smashman doesn't give me scum vibes at all. He was very willing to clear me, which wasn't the popular opinion at the time. At the same time, I don't think Kirby King is scum anymore... I don't know why smashman would.

Governor is a pretty common role. Does anyone else have a twilight only role? If not, the fact that we have twilight at all should clear Kirby King enough.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I'm not sure that I see the utility in not posting at all until smashman posts his findings. For whatever reason he simply hasn't yet and I don't think everything should be stalled while everyone waits on him. We can multitask I hope?

After tabulating votes from Nick, Circus, Chaco, Iggy, Xsyven (I'm assuming his list was a 3-2-1), and me, I calculated these totals:

Handorin: 14
Iggy: 9
Chaco: 6
Kirby King: 6
Circus: 1
Xsyven: 0
smashman: 0
Nick: 0

Although I don't think it's wrong, feel free to check my math. Handorin and smashman haven't expressed preferences yet and I don't know whether people are planning on revoting since I've now claimed.

Here's a topic people haven't broached yet: Marshy was killed last Night, and he had his neck broken and body moved, just like junglefever from N1 (curiously, no chest piercings this time). Any thoughts on this? Is there a second SK out there? Do you think he'll kill again tonight?

smashman90

Smash Lord
Oddly enough, when I searched Kiki's room there was nothing mentioned in particular (like the Beriberi papers, medical bills, etc.). All it said was that I searched his cell very thoroughly, checking every single inch in his cell room and all of his belongings (again, it didn't mention anything in particular unlike last time) and the conclusion was shown that he was disloyal.

I know that the mafia couldn't have done anything (brainwash, drug, etc.) to me that would make me think that Kiki is mafia because there would've been some sort of mention of it like a headache or something. Each of my searches come with a conclusion, Xsy's was loyal and Kiki's was disloyal. The only hypothesis that I can think of is that I find clues to a loyal member's character but I don't for disloyal members. I wish that Medi had investigated somebody as that would've confirmed my hypothesis but he didn't due to his inactivity.

Considering my last check with Xsy was right, I'm sticking to my guns this time and nothing is gonna change my mind about it. I shouldn't have cracked under the pressure and voted on Xsy at the last second. I'm not about to make the same mistake twice and have somebody convince me otherwise.

Also I bet I know why I found the Beriberi notes and medical bills in Xsy's room. Xsy, was there anything in your role PM about the Beriberi notes and other stuff like why you donned the Rhino suit, joined the SS, etc? All characters in this game must have reasons for joining the SS and methinks that EE may have added some extra backsground to some (not sure if all of us do or not) of the characters to change things up. It Would explain why Bullseye is anti-SS and the Rhino-Beriberi situation. I would suggest that everybody explains their reasoning for why they joined the SS and any interesting details.

Chaco

Never Logs In
So then why did you vote Xsy if you knew he was loyal? Or did you not know until the lynch failed?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm not sure that I see the utility in not posting at all until smashman posts his findings. For whatever reason he simply hasn't yet and I don't think everything should be stalled while everyone waits on him. We can multitask I hope?
The problem is, now we're waiting on the same people for new reasons. If we want an accurate idea of who the town wants to claim first, then we have to wait for Smashman and Hando to post their votes. And if we just want to go based on what we've got so far, we still need Handorin to claim before anyone else does.

Here's a topic people haven't broached yet: Marshy was killed last Night, and he had his neck broken and body moved, just like junglefever from N1 (curiously, no chest piercings this time). Any thoughts on this? Is there a second SK out there? Do you think he'll kill again tonight?
I haven't speculated on it too much because I figured it would be cleared up through the role claim (I'm assuming the mafia doesn't have anything to do with it and another SK seems incredibly unlikely to me). Right now, I'm guessing it might be a vigilante trying make up for the No Lynches we've been having? But then if that's the case, I don't know why they wouldn't have targeted Xsyven last Night. Like I said, I kind of expect the roleclaims to shed some light on this.

Oddly enough, when I searched Kiki's room there was nothing mentioned in particular (like the Beriberi papers, medical bills, etc.). All it said was that I searched his cell very thoroughly, checking every single inch in his cell room and all of his belongings (again, it didn't mention anything in particular unlike last time) and the conclusion was shown that he was disloyal.
You'll forgive me if I don't immediately believe this.

I know that the mafia couldn't have done anything (brainwash, drug, etc.) to me that would make me think that Kiki is mafia because there would've been some sort of mention of it like a headache or something. Each of my searches come with a conclusion, Xsy's was loyal and Kiki's was disloyal. The only hypothesis that I can think of is that I find clues to a loyal member's character but I don't for disloyal members. I wish that Medi had investigated somebody as that would've confirmed my hypothesis but he didn't due to his inactivity.
So you're basically claiming sometimes-flavor cop? Meaning you could hypothetically be insane?

Considering my last check with Xsy was right, I'm sticking to my guns this time and nothing is gonna change my mind about it. I shouldn't have cracked under the pressure and voted on Xsy at the last second. I'm not about to make the same mistake twice and have somebody convince me otherwise.
We do not know Xsyven is town. He never flipped. We just know he's Rhino and he survived the lynch.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Dude, there's nothing in my role PM that's even close to beriberi. Do you think you maybe got your target switched at night?

Top Bottom