• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Manfia: (Game Over! Roles Posted)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hey, I'm still here-- just lagging behind from irl johns, like Circus guessed. Holiday weekend and all.

I'll read up on this tonight, and talk.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey Lovers

SharpEvil (1): Nothing Rhymes With Circus

Xsyven (1): KevinM

Ignatius (1): Marshy

Handorin (1): Macman

KevinM (2): Kirby King, Nicholas1024

Macman (1): Handorin

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Alright, so all I have to say for now is that there's something about Macman that's bugging me. It mostly spawned from the random name-drop. Your name is a very valuable tool in this game, and it's not something you just go around dropping when things get boring.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Except in this game where every character is in the same category. It doesn't seem like there is anything to differentiate who mafia is and who town is based on their name.

Is that all you have to offer? Will you be willing to vote for someone when we get to the early deadline[which I believe is tomorrow].

Handorin

Smash Hero
Then prove it.
What a childish trend.

Nic, it's not like an attack on your character or anything it's even expected of a new player to be somewhat "sheepish". I was just bothering me. I don't really think we should be talking about this at all, since it's not really contributing to anything.
This. It's my opinion on what I think of you. Even if I quote something, it's likely you will "prove me wrong" somehow.

I think it's interesting that Handorin decided to vote for Macman. It seems to be more of a prod for an answer than anything else, but I don't think Mac's claim is something worthy of suspicion (in fact, it makes him appear very townie to me), so a vote on him this late in the Day seems like a waste of time. Sure, maybe it was the push Macman needed to give an answer for his name claim, but at this point, I don't see why something like that couldn't have waited. We have an actual lynch to decide on, so prodding a player for something that is not really that scummy seems like it could just be a distraction with such a small amount of time remaining in the Day.
Right. It's more than likely not going to be my final vote. It was just me putting out there "Hey, I really want to know. Here's a vote until I get a decent explanation."

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Turns out I'm incredibly, incredibly busy on friday.

Because I wont' be here to update within a reasonable time, and because of the double-replacing, among other things:

The deadline is extended to 11:59:59 PM CST, same date

Handorin

Smash Hero
Oh, speaking of that.

I told EE, but I can't remember if I posted about it here.

I'll be going to genesis, so I'll be leaving Thursday afternoon. Expect my final post around then. If day starts while before Tuesday, I'll try to post. I'll have my laptop with me.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Well, at any rate, hooray for replacements. :)

@Ignatius

What are your thoughts on Rockin daykilling Wario-man out of the blue?
Do you feel inclined to vote him? (as this situation is somewhat similar to the hypothetical situation that Kirby King put forward to you some time earlier.)
It really hasn't been that similar. In Kiki's scenario where your fake daykill was real; you made a kill without discussing it with the town, on the person that you thought was just barely the second most suspicious.

Rockin on the otherhand, ended up with a posting restirction for today, without the option to see what the town thought he should do with his daykill. Additionally, he did at least attempt to justify why he believed his kill was the scummiest person in the game at the time. He has also promised to expand upon his reasoning tomorrow(which is something I would have preferred he do in his one post) and that is something we should be expecting of him tomorrow as well.

So no, I would not respond with the same reasons I would have with your situation, as they're fairly different.

kevin i've been thinking is the most suspicious of the "active bunch" (everyone who isn't iggy, sharp, smashman, and xsyven) and kiki's latest posts make me a little more confident in it. i plan on looking further into their back and forth soon
Just out of curiosity, is the one where I "coasted to endgame" TMNT where I was away for a week on Spring Break?

That aside, we should set some sort of a deadline for the early lynch so that we do actually get a lynch today.

*Redcell makes a post attempting to back up KevinM even though redcell wasn't even clear of KevinM's intentions.

*KevinM calls out Marshy for coasting but doesnt say anything about Redcell.
This has been something that is bothering me a bit now too now that its been brought up.

And there has been another thing in particular that has really been bothering me about Kevin's defense, is how highly he talks of Eor. In every game I've been in with Eor, he's fizzled out pretty early into the day and has been replaced, or just ended up inactive.

Is Kevins assessment that Eor is an active player accurate in the realm of DG? As from my experiences in BRoom mafia, it is not the case.

I'll be going to genesis, so I'll be leaving Thursday afternoon. Expect my final post around then. If day starts while before Tuesday, I'll try to post. I'll have my laptop with me.
Have a good time at Genesis.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I've already said 24-48 hours before the real deadline, so yes. Although given how uncertain the lynch seems at this point I think it should be 48 hours so we have more time to figure it out once everyone's votes are in.

And I'm going to reiterate this question that I'm asking of everyone and I'd really like everyone to answer: what do you think about a no lynch D2--is that acceptable? Under what circumstances?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Unvote

Sharp, it is in your best interest to post something before the Day ends. This has gone far past ridiculous to me. If you don't want to play the game, ask for a replacement please. It's nearing the end of Day 2 and you've offered next to nothing since the game started. I won't forget you on D3 unless some seriously solid scum leads form based on the night actions.

My soft vote's going on Handorin right now. I don't like that his focus seems to be completely away from the current discussion (that is, not focused on who he actually wants to lynch and has made no comments on Kevin and the accusations made against him). He's focusing on smaller posts that don't seem to have much of anything to do with the immediate problem—who seems scummy enough to lynch? I get that he wanted to know why Macman claimed (though I think we could have all inferred what his answer would be by the time he actually gave it), but his issue with Nic's playstyle is not a pressing matter right now. Yet that's what his last few posts have focused on. It seems like he's deliberately trying to tip-toe around everything that's happening around Kevin and doesn't seem to be in a hurry to help form a group decision on the lynch, despite the fact that he himself has even less time to express his thoughts than most of the rest of us do. His lack of concern concerns me.

Let it be known that I am more than willing to switch to a player like Kevin if the lynch really starts to point that way later. I'm not convinced he's scum, but I'm determined to lynch someone toDay and I have trust in the players currently finding him suspicious. I do not pretend to have infallible scum-dar (far from it). I do not find a D2 no lynch acceptable. We can't keep being passive and hoping we have 2 or 3 more town bombs just waiting to be attacked by the mafia.

I'm clearly biased here, but does this combination of observations strike anyone else? I'd like to think it would stick out to me even if you replaced "Kiki" with someone else's name but I thought I'd ask.
I don't know that it strikes me the way you mean it ("as scummy") but it's not a line of thought that I adhere to, if that helps.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
@Kiki

I've been tossing a no lynch around in my head and trying to find the possible scenarios it leads too.

It basically leads to instead of losing in the day we would lose in the night phase so it doesn't set us back to far.

But what do I know, I'm under the main suspicion.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Because with an SK out of the way and if the town Vig doesn't shoot except on a guarantee mafia you only lose one more person then you would if we lynched one and lost one. Keep in mind this is based off all wrong guesses

If we lynch and its missed
D3 down to 8
D4 down to 6

So on and so forth until we get to the mafia threshold.

If we use our No Lynch now and there are say two mafia, it gets won at night. Because D6 brings us to 3 people. the two remaining mafia and our last townie.

Its all theory craft and it could be wrong depending on the number of scum left.

It gets won at night if their are 2 mafia.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Hmm, I just thought it odd for you to make such a calculation when you supposedly don't know how many mafia are left and how many kills there will be per night. Also, we do not know what roles are in the game other than our own, and what effects it will have, so chances are, your calculation will not be accurate at all.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Unvote

Sharp, it is in your best interest to post something before the Day ends. This has gone far past ridiculous to me. If you don't want to play the game, ask for a replacement please. It's nearing the end of Day 2 and you've offered next to nothing since the game started. I won't forget you on D3 unless some seriously solid scum leads form based on the night actions.

My soft vote's going on Handorin right now. I don't like that his focus seems to be completely away from the current discussion (that is, not focused on who he actually wants to lynch and has made no comments on Kevin and the accusations made against him). He's focusing on smaller posts that don't seem to have much of anything to do with the immediate problem—who seems scummy enough to lynch? I get that he wanted to know why Macman claimed (though I think we could have all inferred what his answer would be by the time he actually gave it), but his issue with Nic's playstyle is not a pressing matter right now. Yet that's what his last few posts have focused on. It seems like he's deliberately trying to tip-toe around everything that's happening around Kevin and doesn't seem to be in a hurry to help form a group decision on the lynch, despite the fact that he himself has even less time to express his thoughts than most of the rest of us do. His lack of concern concerns me.
I didn't bring it up. Macman did first. For some reason or another, Nic decided to go after me (again) and told me to "prove it", so naturally I had to respond. If you noticed, I told him it was pointless and dropped the issue. I made a grand total of 2 posts on the topic. Good job.

And I didn't realize I always had to be in the topic of main discussion. Perhaps I don't find it as important as some people think. Otherwise, how does discussion start if things aren't brought up in the main or if side discussions aren't happening.

Except in this game where every character is in the same category. It doesn't seem like there is anything to differentiate who mafia is and who town is based on their name.
I don't like this post either. I am betting that there are easily discernible names. Spiderman is likely one of them just from going off the theme and D1 flavor. He said earlier "I don't know why I nameclaimed, I tend to act on impulse and noone was saying very much of anything at the time." That's a horrible idea no matter how you look at it. A slightly better question to generate discussion would have been "What would think about a name claim?"

Hmm, I just thought it odd for you to make such a calculation when you supposedly don't know how many mafia are left and how many kills there will be per night. Also, we do not know what roles are in the game other than our own, and what effects it will have, so chances are, your calculation will not be accurate at all.
How is it odd at all? There should be some back speculation about it, otherwise we will never step back and say "Hey, we could lose right now if we don't lynch right." N1 flavor gave us some good hints as to what might happen tonight.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Spiderman is the only name I can see being discernible. Do you or anyone else thing I had a motive behind my nameclaim that could lead me to being mafia?

KevinM assumed that there wouldn't be two kills tonight, even though there were 3 yesterday, he also assumed that there was going to be 2 mafia left. I don't know for anyone else but when I hear someone talk as though they know exactly what is going to happen during the night it rings bells in my ears.

Another thought: Let's assume that last night the 3rd kill was by a vig, do people think that there would be 2 vigs in this game? This is relevant because Rockin has claimed town vig. I don't think this is a topic we should dwell on today though, just some food for thought.

I do not agree with a no lynch.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm on to you, Smashman. But until someone counterclaims, which I'm sure they will, I'm going to keep my vote off of you.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Assuming you are referring to me, why would you even think that someone would counterclaim.

If I were mafia there is almost no way I would claim a role that wasn't mine, unless I knew that that character had a really good role in game and I would risk my life trying to fish him out.

If I were town, I doubt mafia would counterclaim my role since it would just bring unnecessary attention to them and cause a situation where it's either me or the person who counterclaimed that is going to get lynched, which is not a god situation at all for mafia, and I doubt they would ever do that.

The only possibility that makes sense, was if I was a lyncher[or another independent role who has to kill a certain character in the game. like KevinM in HPMafia].

Hold on, let me just get this straight; you would be down for lynching me if someone were to counterclaim me?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Smashman? Don't you mean "Macman"? Macman was the one who claimed Green Goblin, I haven't nameclaimed yet...
Yeah, sorry, my bad. Wrong man.

MacMan said:
Hold on, let me just get this straight; you would be down for lynching me if someone were to counterclaim me?
One of the two Green Gobilins! Wouldn't you?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
So i'll take that as a yes.

Why would you automatically choose me over the other green goblin claim?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I believe he meant he would lynch one of the two green goblins.

I don't see exactly where you find my speculation odd, when most Vigs will be discouraged and won't shoot twice

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I made a grand total of 2 posts on the topic. Good job.
Which is exactly 2 more posts than you've made about Kevin and Kiki. The fact that you've given no thoughts on it whatsoever but have commented on things as superficial as Nic acting like a follower makes me think that you're avoiding the topic rather than just ignoring it. You really have nothing to say about Kiki's accusations nor Kevin's rebuttal? Not even an "I agree with this, I disagree with that?"

And I didn't realize I always had to be in the topic of main discussion. Perhaps I don't find it as important as some people think.
But you find Nic agreeing with people and Macman's unscummy nameclaim to be more worthy of your time? I get that you felt the need to respond to Nic since he asked you to "prove it," (which you didn't anyway) but you could've taken the time to say something about the boulder-sized posts that are decorating the recent pages while you were at it.

Also, might I point out the irony in you calling out Nic for being like a "sheep" when you yourself just admitted that you didn't start doing it until Macman did?

I don't like this post either. I am betting that there are easily discernible names. Spiderman is likely one of them just from going off the theme and D1 flavor.
We don't even know if Spider-man's actually a character in play. Plus, N1 revealed Bullseye as mole-aligned; did you see that coming? I didn't.

Xsyven, I really think you're barking up the wrong tree right now. I don't like the fact that Macman nameclaimed just to try and spark some conversation, but it just looks like poor town play (though less poor in a game like this), not scum play.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Ok, I think we should start putting our votes for the early deadline. I guess we'll use FOSes to tally the vote? You can use real votes if you don't think you'll be back on time to actually vote before the deadline.

FOS: KevinM
Xsy/Hando/Rockin are all on my radar as well.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
iggy i forgot. and to answer your question eor was active enough in recent games that i don't think kevin was unjustified in saying his quietness in this game was strange

unvote iggy vote kevin

for kiki's and macman's findings. specifically his inconsistency of how suspicious he thought eor was, naming me and hando for fishing for tom's "post restriction" when neither of us did that. hando had rightly said it was annoying and i simply suggested that it could be a lie and to keep that possibility in mind. faulting rockin and even voting him for not giving us a chance to discuss who he should kill was silly of course and tmw speaking up for kevin was also interesting

and i think a day 2 no lynch is unacceptable in this case. i've already posted about my suspicions and it's clear that i have a few people worrying me

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
macman to answer your earlier question i don't think there're 2 vigs. that's rare. and to answer your other question people seem to think rockin is town because indy/mafia almost never have daykills

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I don't know that it strikes me the way you mean it ("as scummy") but it's not a line of thought that I adhere to, if that helps.
I was just asking if it stuck out to people at all. If Kevin is lynched and flips scum I won't make much of it. If he turns out to be town this will bother me more, but at the moment I don't know that it's worth elaborating. I'll explain if asked but I don't think there's anything to gain doing it now vs. doing it D3, if it still applies.

In terms of Macman's nameclaim, for now I'm inclined to believe it. I can see how it might help him if he's mafia, and again I'll elaborate if someone asks me to, but at this point in the Day I think speculating about this would do more harm than good.

Its all theory craft and it could be wrong depending on the number of scum left.

It gets won at night if their are 2 mafia.
Assuming your number of kills (1 Day/1 Night), I'm pretty sure the number of scum left doesn't matter in terms of whether the game ends at Day or Night. The threshold is going to be twice the number of mafia, which will always be even. The key in figuring out when the game will end (and thus whether we should no lynch, improving the odds of a scum hit) is how many kills there are in a Day/Night phase; if we get an odd number (for whatever reason, and whoever dies) it flips things.

I'm still expecting to hear from anyone who hasn't cast their soft vote tonight. If I wake up tomorrow and your soft vote still hasn't been posted I'm going to be seriously annoyed, especially if you haven't thus far offered much (or any) guidance on who you suspect. The consensus appears to be (and I also believe that) we need to lynch D2, and if you're holding off on sharing your suspects you're making that a more difficult goal to accomplish by the deadline.

@Kevin: is it fair to say your vote on Xsyven is your soft vote? I know it's a real vote, but just to be clear.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Which is exactly 2 more posts than you've made about Kevin and Kiki. The fact that you've given no thoughts on it whatsoever but have commented on things as superficial as Nic acting like a follower makes me think that you're avoiding the topic rather than just ignoring it. You really have nothing to say about Kiki's accusations nor Kevin's rebuttal? Not even an "I agree with this, I disagree with that?"

I'm doing neither. I took note of what was said. I understand better some things a bit better now and I feel they were adequately answered.

But you find Nic agreeing with people and Macman's unscummy nameclaim to be more worthy of your time? I get that you felt the need to respond to Nic since he asked you to "prove it," (which you didn't anyway) but you could've taken the time to say something about the boulder-sized posts that are decorating the recent pages while you were at it.

Macman, yes. Nic, no. I just repointed out Nic. I wanted answers from Macman. Just because a post isn't the size of a boulder doesn't mean it won't start an avalanche, and just because a rock is the a boulder doesn't mean it will cause an avalanche.

Also, might I point out the irony in you calling out Nic for being like a "sheep" when you yourself just admitted that you didn't start doing it until Macman did?

Skim much? I pointed it out before and I said that in my post. Also, KevinM pointed it out before Macman. Did you know that too?

We don't even know if Spider-man's actually a character in play. Plus, N1 revealed Bullseye as mole-aligned; did you see that coming? I didn't.

No. I'm not entirely aware of the Spiderman universe since the only things I've seen are the movie and a few of the cartoons.
Answers/rebuttals in bold.

For Kiki's sake:
Soft Vote: Nic
Would Consider: Kevin if the lynch is moving his way. I would rather lynch someone than no one.

Sharpevil

Smash Rookie
=sigh=

Look, I'm gonna be honest. I feel like this is a bit over my head at the moment. Everyone's theories seem to be grasping at straws, but it seems fairly obvious that a no lynch is getting us nowhere.

First off: Is Eor getting a replacement? What happened to him?

I can't say I particularly suspect anyone right now. Yeah, I would lynch kevin over Circus, but I just don't find either of them to be obvious scum. The macman roleclaim is suspicious, but not worth a vote. If I'm not dead by tomorrow and I still have no idea what's going on, I'll put my slot up for replacement.

Sharpevil

Smash Rookie
Oh. I just realized that Kiki is kirby king. I could've sworn there was someone actually named kiki in the game.

Handorin

Smash Hero
=sigh=

Look, I'm gonna be honest. I feel like this is a bit over my head at the moment. Everyone's theories seem to be grasping at straws, but it seems fairly obvious that a no lynch is getting us nowhere.

First off: Is Eor getting a replacement? What happened to him?

I can't say I particularly suspect anyone right now. Yeah, I would lynch kevin over Circus, but I just don't find either of them to be obvious scum. The macman roleclaim is suspicious, but not worth a vote. If I'm not dead by tomorrow and I still have no idea what's going on, I'll put my slot up for replacement.
Eor was replaced by Xsyven.

@Macman- I guess I will get to that in the morning. I'm too tired right now after work and I don't want to stay up all night. I have things to do before I fly out.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Just because a post isn't the size of a boulder doesn't mean it won't start an avalanche, and just because a rock is the a boulder doesn't mean it will cause an avalanche.
My point wasn't that the big posts are automatically the most important and should take precedence over everything else. My point was that they are gigantic, therefor you couldn't have missed them. And if you read them, I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't have an opinion on what was going on. Kiki's accusatory post pretty much single-handedly made Kevin the primary lynch target toDay. It changed the flow of discussion completely. If anything counts as an "avalanche starter" then I think that certainly does.

Basically, it just made me think that you don't have a very vested interest in who we lynch. That you would rather point the finger at Nic over nothing or press Macman for an answer that could have easily waited until D3 to discuss. Though now that you've placed your soft vote on Nic, it looks more to me like you were just looking for any shaky reason to vote for him.

Skim much? I pointed it out before and I said that in my post. Also, KevinM pointed it out before Macman. Did you know that too?
When I first brought up that you were needlessly going after Nic, your defense was to blame Macman because "he did it first." Proof. Very first line. Don't accuse me of skimming if you can't even get the story straight yourself.

Regardless, the point was this: Agreeing with people a lot or repeating people a lot is not a scum tell. It's a method scum may use to try and feign activity, but I think it's fairly clear that Nic has just been active. I don't care if you think Nic is being a parrot; I care that you think that's scummy enough to point a finger at in the waning hours of the Day in light of sturdier information on other players. Everyone repeats what other people say for emphasis or agrees with someone out loud just to make the town aware of their thoughts. Everyone. What you have on Nic is not scummy and doesn't even justify a soft vote. We're approaching the end of the Day and you're looking for obscure targets.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oops, forgot this.

Yeah, I would lynch kevin over Circus, but I just don't find either of them to be obvious scum.
This seems like a random comparison to make. Did you mean to say my name there?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
i should point out that no one has more than 1 vote on them other than kevin who has 3 out of 7 needed. not saying that it has to be kevin (though i'd prefer that and that's why my vote's on him) but reminding everyone that they should place their votes soon because deadline is tomorrow and i think people could underestimate that

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well, just to be clear, my vote on KevinM is currently also my soft vote.

(On another note, sorry for not being so active these past couple of days, yesterday was my birthday. :) )

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
KevinM: Macman, Marshy, Nic, Kiki?
Xsy: KevinM?
Nic: Hando...
Sharp: Circus?

and Sharp is... more KevinM than Circus....

That leaves, Iggy, smashman[med], and Xsyven[eor].

Though by the looks of it, it seems as though KevinM who will be lynched. I think a name and role claim is in order?

Hope you had a good bday nick.

Top Bottom