• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoVa PRESENTS!: BRAWL SINGLES AND DOUBLES! October 18th

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Hope everyone likes the new venue...but anyway, here are the basic results [sorry to those in pools as we don't have rankings within the pools...if somone has an idea of what they were for their specific pool, let me know and I'll add in rankings]

Basically, there were 23 entrants, 3 pools of 6 people, and one pool of 5 people. Top 3 advance to a 12 man bracket.

1: Candy [Snake/Wolf] ($138.00)
2: Kornnnnn~ [Metaknight/DDD] ($69.00)
3: CK [Marth] ($23.00)
4: Boss [Mario/Luigi]
5: toasty [R.O.B.]
5: Kadaj [Marth]
7: DragonCharlz [R.O.B./Snake(?)]
7: Gonzo [Kirby]
9: Whodat [Olimar/???]
9: SSR [Peach]
9: D0N [DK]
9: Pyronic Star [Olimar]

There were 13 teams so we only did a Double Elim. Bracket

1: Mario beats his Snake (Boss & Candy) ($156.00)
2: Mashi & Jwolf (Mashi & Jwolf) ($78.00)
3: Rice way better than taco (Kornnnnn~ & CK) ($26.00)
4: Kit Cloud Kickers (toasty & Black G)
5: PSSR (Pyronic Star & SSR)
5: El Chocolate Diablo (Kadaj & Famous)
7: PK Triforce (D0N & PK-FU)
7: Strawberry Doom (Whodat & DragonCharlz)
9: Jumbalaya (Riku & Dobee)
9: Muppet Show (Gonzo & ESOJ)
9: Pretty Pony (Soul51 & Earthpower)
9: Starbound (Uki & Rhan)
13: Team Donkey Punch (Arab & Toine)

Looks like I'll actually have time to post some vids so just subscribe here and they'll be uploaded starting tonight and throughout the week when I get a chance:

www.youtube.com/curiousenver

Before anyone asks:
I've already uploaded Winners/Losers/Grand Finals [in that order] for Singles...

Everything I upload after that for Singles Bracket will go in REVERSE order of when they occurred on that TV that was recording. So right now I'm only doing Singles Bracket [meaning I'm not uploading pools yet].

After Singles Bracket, I'll upload Winners/Losers/Grand Finals for teams.
And then reverse order for teams bracket on that TV.

And THEN Singles Pools recorded on that TV.
...and finally...more vids from the last M.A. tourney that NoVa came to >_>

HUGE THANKS goes to Caboose who got the venue for us and helped so much with everything. I love you buddy =D

And massive thanks goes to everyone who brought setups and helped things run as smoothly as they did.

Also: good **** delivery guys.

Thanks for the pizza DragonCharlz :)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Random character guesses, correct me if I'm wrong.

1: Candy (Snake/Wolf)
2: Kornnnnnn (Meta Knight/King Dedede)
3: CK (Marth)
4: Boss (Mario)
5: toasty (ROB)
5: Kadaj (Snake/Marth)
7: DragonCharlz (???)
7: Gonzo (Kirby)

toasty

Smash Hero
Boss = Mario/Luigi
Kadaj = Marth
DragonCharlz = ROB/Snake
Whodat = Olimar
SSR = Peach
D0N = DK
Pyronic Star = Olimar

sorry I forgot to include that part...but yeah that sounds about right...I'll let you know if it's any different from what I'm posting...

EDIT:

Before anyone asks:
I've already uploaded Winners/Losers/Grand Finals [in that order] for Singles...

Everything I upload after that for Singles Bracket will go in REVERSE order of when they occurred on that TV that was recording. So right now I'm only doing Singles Bracket [meaning I'm not uploading pools yet].

After Singles Bracket, I'll upload Winners/Losers/Grand Finals for teams.
And then reverse order for teams bracket on that TV.

And THEN Singles Pools recorded on that TV.
...and finally...vids from the last M.A. tourney that NoVa came to >_>

toasty

Smash Hero
One more thing:
Gonzo...clearly, there needs to be a crew battle with:

toasty
Gonzo
Chillin
I'veJihadIt

Crew Name: ....wait I had a really cheesy one but then better ones keep flowing into my braiiin...so I'll post up when I settle on one haha, but I think you know where I'm going with this...is there a 5th that fits the bill that you know of that's good?

Ukiyasan

Smash Apprentice
Good **** to everyone.... and I really don't feel like making a shout to 10-20 different people, so I'll just leave it at that for my shouts.

And Toasty, is the SoVa ***** rule kicking in as of now? Because people were showing up for this in force (come on, there were like 40-45 people at the venue) yet most of them didn't even play.... it was so unfair to us....

toasty

Smash Hero
Well...I thought about it and since it's such an awesome venue and a lot of those extra people were there to play games that weren't Brawl [and those who were entered in teams and not singles], I figured everyone had a really good time with those other games going on, people could go around and do whatever...soooo...next time M.A. holds an event there, here's my decision:

if you wanna come chill and play other games or just not enter in the tournament:
1) bring your own set up for other games [mostly applies to Otis since he's the main one who does this, and he already brings his setups :)]
2) pay $2 at the door so we can add it to the winnings [will find some way of doing this correctly though it may not be 100% balanced between teams and singles]

either that, or we'll use that money to help those who traveled from far away, like Ether suggested.

if you aren't playing any games at all, like those girls who come with their boyfriends, you don't have to pay.

toasty

Smash Hero
good ****, though MaSHi...for real. It's a shame you couldn't make it out of pools...I kinda lost my head when I was making them with CK and Korn. It's my first time making pools [Grim made the pools for the Gusto's Tourney] and...****'s hard man :( You're too good at that kinda thing and I'm just dumb, so if you wouldn't mind, you should be my official pool/bracket maker/helper =D

JWolf

Smash Cadet
2nd place again...=/
I think we did good! Haha the same **** happened again.

I need to play more. This was the first time i played since that tourny.

Team Next tourny? We need that first place maayneeeee

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Jwolf I hope you practice some more so that you'll enter singles next time [of course, that's your call :) I understand your reasoning for not entering]

can't wait for the Melee fest next week haha...
Hmmm for some reason Teams is always more appealing to me. but i think ill enter singles next tourny. only if i play between now and then. haha

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
ck and korn weren't in mashi's bracket, boss and candy were... and all he had to do was beat me i think, and he woulda made it out... he wasn't fully pool screwed

good **** to everyone, i'm lazy so ths won't be long.....

candy, u blow my life....... wtf, the mine blew up 20 minutes ago i swear, and on rainbow... i had a chance:(
then u snatched it away :/

boss, ur gay this is all, and play me with mario... until i find a luigie counter

kadaj, u and ck make marth look so ****ing good, and you sandbag in friendlies, u can't convince me otherwise haha, good **** though

toasty, i cam all the way from point A.... to go to point b, with a $12 tool, and u couldn't let me win, this is really affecting our friendship haha.... good stuff, u made me sad.. i feel so dumb for not banning rainbow, i forgot rob is amazing on that stage, thuus my g&w was gonna be ***** so bad
o yea, u also sand bag in friendlies, i'm just gonna say its a sova thing haha

gonzo, i was destined to win the money match... the crocidile that killed u a million times said so lmfao good game, and thanks for the money :)

toasty

Smash Hero
naw when I said "I made them with CK and Korn" I mean they helped me make the pools :)

but yo GGs...it's not really a SoVa thing to sandbag (intentionally, anyway), but I know that we try especially hard in tourney because...it's just different since there's something like that at stake. I wish I could always play like I do in most of my tourney matches...and I wish I didn't freak out and squander in some of my tourney matches unlike the way I play in some of my friendlies...but that's just the way it is >_>

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i love how 4 mediocre nova players come down and take top 4 in sova, LMAO

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
If anyone found a white Ipod at the venue I lost mine and would like it back. :[

Edit: I just found out someone was calling out for an Ipod he/she found from nova. If it is white it might be mine. I wasnt there to claim it.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
i love how 4 mediocre nova players come down and take top 4 in sova, LMAO
dude.. I don't need gay player like you made some gay compliment
we all know you're too good in smash. lol

------------------------
Toasty put the bracket to first page if you want to cuz i save it D:
..but I don't have the doubles bracket though..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/cafe_cpk/sova-1-1.jpg

fun tourney!! I love this venue a lot lol :D thank you toasty
I had so much fun.. but we could've go to that mexican place >_< lol

and Toasty.. will you hold singles vids til next time I see you ? :(
I'll bring bunch of USBs to get all those matches...

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Good **** everyone, especially to O-NO for housing us. Dude, seriously this weekend was some good **** thnx to U.

Toasty u by far had the sexiest tech of the day lol Who the F techs brick??? lol j/k good **** in singles. Oh and the crew battle, the fifth Boss. Representation from all the history of Nintendo in that crew.

P~S lol That crocodile needs to be banned from that stage. Good **** though, u banned my fav stage :(

oh Malco the ipod we found is black not white, sorry, at least i remember it being black

Top Bottom