• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
The only reason I didn't make the fees $10 for each tourney [and you meant $10 for EACH teammate, and $20 for each TEAM] is because there are 4 tournaments and a $10 venue fee [note: since it's not my venue, the ONLY control I have over their venue fee is choosing to do this at night or for a whole day].

After this one, I might run just straight Brawl tournaments...but I'm not sure if I will run tourneys anymore. I'm trying to travel in August and/or September. Whether it's to a tourney [Jubilee/XII.Esticle/Critical Hit 4] or just to actually freakin travel and maybe with my girlfriend, I'm tryin to go somewhere...so I need to save on the moneys haha.

Someone else should step in and try to host/etc at Hi Score or anywhere else really.
about teaming permanently: we'll see. I kind of want to make our team one that we travel with and I wanna stay loyal to my boys Slash/BlackG since they were my original teammates. This weekend is mostly to practice our team for when we do use it other times. I might sell out though, not sure, lmao....I would like to team with both of those guys again some time though :( :( :(

haha maybe I'll just change teammates with each tourney I go to? o_O
for real though, saturday's gonna be ****.

For anyone interested in the East Coast Regional Circuit, Critical Hit 3 was the first event [yessss I got 2 points!...that means an unknown, but probably small, amount of $ for me at the end of the season!!!!!!!]...I think XII.Esticle is the next event...but.....................................it's in Connecticut. and it's the same weekend as MP Jubilee in North Carolina [I'm probably going to NC to see all my buddies]...it's the weekend of August 10th

ALSO Chu's LAST LAST LAST biweekly EVER is going down the weekend of August 1st I believe. Melee/Brawl/TORPEDO BALL. I can't go, but I thought I would let everyone else know. You don't want to miss this ****.

Critical Hit 4 is, unfortunately, in September :( But I'm going to try for that anyway...

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
The only reason I didn't make the fees $10 for each tourney [and you meant $10 for EACH teammate, and $20 for each TEAM] is because there are 4 tournaments and a $10 venue fee [note: since it's not my venue, the ONLY control I have over their venue fee is choosing to do this at night or for a whole day].

After this one, I might run just straight Brawl tournaments...but I'm not sure if I will run tourneys anymore. I'm trying to travel in August and/or September. Whether it's to a tourney [Jubilee/XII.Esticle/Critical Hit 4] or just to actually freakin travel and maybe with my girlfriend, I'm tryin to go somewhere...so I need to save on the moneys haha.

Someone else should step in and try to host/etc at Hi Score or anywhere else really.
about teaming permanently: we'll see. I kind of want to make our team one that we travel with and I wanna stay loyal to my boys Slash/BlackG since they were my original teammates. This weekend is mostly to practice our team for when we do use it other times. I might sell out though, not sure, lmao....I would like to team with both of those guys again some time though :( :( :(

haha maybe I'll just change teammates with each tourney I go to? o_O
for real though, saturday's gonna be ****.

For anyone interested in the East Coast Regional Circuit, Critical Hit 3 was the first event [yessss I got 2 points!...that means an unknown, but probably small, amount of $ for me at the end of the season!!!!!!!]...I think XII.Esticle is the next event...but.....................................it's in Connecticut. and it's the same weekend as MP Jubilee in North Carolina [I'm probably going to NC to see all my buddies]...it's the weekend of August 10th

ALSO Chu's LAST LAST LAST biweekly EVER is going down the weekend of August 1st I believe. Melee/Brawl/TORPEDO BALL. I can't go, but I thought I would let everyone else know. You don't want to miss this ****.

Critical Hit 4 is, unfortunately, in September :( But I'm going to try for that anyway...
Yea saturdays is gonna be a lot of **** and I want to go with you to whatever event you choose to go to

IS ANY1 FROM SoVa GOING TO CHU'S FINAL BI-WEEKLY?

If so let me know I can help pay for gas

whodat

Smash Apprentice
If people from SoVA are trying to head to major tournaments then I'm always down. I'm good for gas and what not. Seriously we need to get better as a whole.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
yeah im down too... im just not down for drivin yo... for 2 main reasons
1. It's tiring to drive long distances and therefore i need to sleep more... i don't like to sleep when i can play brawl
2. My car gets like 4 mpg.... gas is a mofo

Now tourneys like CH4? I might STILL drive cuz its great practice, its just that ima have to charge more for gas money... i have to use $160 just on gas for ch3... not cool. So yeah if we tryin to go im down. We gotta rep SoVA son.

But i'll go to just about any major tourney.

And besides if toasty doesn't team with slash, then i do. :)

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I'm def down to head to the big tourneys.

I think the tourney winners of the next few sova tourneys should make a sova pot and we should all go to CA eventually =)

dobee

Smash Apprentice
I think we should be the magicans alliance... cuz no one takes SoVA seriously.... yet.

Oh and I like magic too.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
If people from SoVA are trying to head to major tournaments then I'm always down. I'm good for gas and what not. Seriously we need to get better as a whole.
Whodat's absolutly right

Dobee are you gonna drive to chu's bi-weekly?
If so u got gas money from me, whodat, slash, and probably famus as well.

Also peter that is one of the greatest ideas ever its just we need to find out the price for plane tickets also maybe we can talk to dook and see if we can get discounts for the tickets. We could also do like a 15 dollar venue fee but take the 5 from every entrant and start to create the pot.
By SoVa you must mean me, you (peter), tre, conor,envar,domonique,and rob right? Lol j/k but we are the ones who mostly go out to attend the big brawl tournys.

D0N

Smash Ace
I want to get better with brawl, but i never have much GOOD practice so i just dont play. the last good matches i had was when i went to play with kadaj and some of his crew. I played around in some matches over there but was serious in others and learned some stuff. But wether i play around or not, its alot better than playing people that i can 3 stock 60% of the time. Playing them makes me feel like i start picking up bad habits.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Copypasta:

Good timing, I'm going to look at CNU and ODU tomorrow, until Saturday. Not sure when I'll be available, but if anyone decent is up for melee/brawl (melee preferred) gimme a call at 703-201-4058. Thanks.

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to see if I have commitments early August for Chu's biweekly, but I'd love to go if we have enough people for 2 cars. If I drove (which I probably can't), it would be in a 4 seater with enough trunk space for probably only 2 people. So I could probably only have 2 people in my car if we were desperate. Hopefully someone else will offer, though.

toasty

Smash Hero
maybe, Redd....just maybe.

JEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1489726406044302134&hl=en

in the corner of the video screen, click the button that says "Google" to change the video size.

Google Video makes the quality relatively ****TY, but that's the best I could do for ya man...I think you can download the humongous file from the Google Video link anyway :)

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Yo toasty call me and let me know what you plan on doing as far as jubille or the 2nd ecrc tourny bcuz I really want to go :)

O yea how much longer will the combo vid take? Not trying to rush you or anything just asking

Wall-E and The Samurai FTW!!! Lol gimme some envar *pound*

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, Im runnng a tourney in about two weeks. I'll post the details later. Just a heads up. Its gonna be at the Games N' Trade on Little Creek Rd. in Norfolk. There is no entry fee.

unrealperson4564

Smash Apprentice
Virginia Beach, VA ; I think I'm becoming a Sonic
Man, being tied to my parent's budget really sucks in all of these huge tourney plans. V_V

Hopefully my mom'll take me to Otis' due to the fact I live like 5 mins away from him lol.

Edit:
HOLD UP!! GAMES N' TRADE!! That was the only place I could find Twilight Princess after NOBODY else had it in stock! A free tourney! hecks yeah just give me a date and an address. Wait... are there going to be no items stages banned etc.?

rhan

Smash Hero
A free tourney? IT'S A TRAP! D:<

Free tourney = no pay out, huh?

Well, pay or not, I'm going to try to be there.

D0N

Smash Ace
Any Newport News/Hampton people want to go to O-NOs and help out with gas? only 5$. call me at 561 7194 and let me know before 3:00 . It looks like I can still make it there today.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably stop by O-NO's later today. As for the tourney this weekend, I had some things come up so i won't be there.

And about Chu's last Bi-Weekly, I'd be willing to drive up there.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Oh well if you're going Riku can i ride with you? How much is gas money?
I was thinking about going but the driving thing wasn't working for me...

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i want a money match with everyone in brawl. as well as brawl team money matches. today at o-no's. see you there. and DON DK mirror money match. brawl and melee. or just brawl up to you. bring monies.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Ok here are the details on the tourney:

Date: July 19th (Saturday)

Time: 12 pm

Venue fee: Free

Entry fee: Free

Prize: $50 bucks in Games N' Trade store credit

Singles only, double elimination, REAL BRACKETS, tourney legal stages including counter-picks obviously. The owners gave me full jurisdiction over the rules so we can have the tourney the way we want. No items, 3 stock, 8 minute matches. Ya'll know how we normally do things, so thats how we will do it. Anything anyone wants done just let me know.

The tourney will be held at the Games N' Trade location on Little Creek Rd. in Norfolk (in the shopping center where Little Creek and Shore Drive intersect).

We are going to need setups, so whoever can bring one should try to if possible. It will be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you are going so I can get a roster down.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Pitzer seems to be mistaken. The tourney is Saturday.
Also, here's a summary of who's coming from here.
Me, Rhan, Pitzer, and IV.

Also, Pitzer and IV need to meet here to be picked up by rhan. Have your bread ready.
And Slash; i DEMAND falco dittos in brawl.

toasty

Smash Hero
PTZR if you're there on saturday, hell yes Roy ditto like we promised ^_^

and Rhan........YOU'RE A MONSTER!!!!!!!!

I had a visceral reaction when I saw that picture. Too good.

Ness Vs. Young Link is probably my favorite matchup in Melee. Hands down.

My Ness needs some considerable warmup in Melee before this shiz goes down...or I'll keep double jump canceling off the stage :(

rhan

Smash Hero
toasty said:
and Rhan........YOU'RE A MONSTER!!!!!!!!

I had a visceral reaction when I saw that picture. Too good.

Ness Vs. Young Link is probably my favorite matchup in Melee. Hands down.

My Ness needs some considerable warmup in Melee before this shiz goes down...or I'll keep double jump canceling off the stage
WARM THAT TOAST UP THEN! lol I wouldn't want to play nothing less then the best of your Ness.

@Shaeman: I called my brother up since he's already in VA beach and told him about the tournament. Him and my step brother is going to be there also. And we're taking him home on the way back...soooo....sorry if the back seat is crowded... : /

Top Bottom