• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Famous

Smash Champion
Ether, you have an extra day to register for it...Just use a Visa Gift Card to register(Green DoT) They sell them at 7-Eleven and are reloadable...You can put how much you want on them and pre-reg online with it.

It's like 60$ for everything tourney related...It'll depend on hotel costs/food...Your splitting hotel costs if you came so It wont be expensive...

As for food...I'm stuffing my face from the hotels free food, stacking up on cereal and yogurt...

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
no see he's already registered, that's not the problem

he's not allowing himself to enjoy the trip without guilt unless he can sort his situation out which, to him, doesn't look terribly likely in such a short amount of time

What do I say?

"You need to introduce a little 'f*ck it' into your life."

ENJOY this ****! What are you gonna do...promise to go to Pound 5 and have something else happen? I or another individual may not be able to help you then...but I'm able to help you now...so TAKE IT.

We're family, d00d...this is what we do.

<3

The Fear

Smash Cadet
no see he's already registered, that's not the problem

he's not allowing himself to enjoy the trip without guilt unless he can sort his situation out which, to him, doesn't look terribly likely in such a short amount of time

What do I say?

"You need to introduce a little 'f*ck it' into your life."

ENJOY this ****! What are you gonna do...promise to go to Pound 5 and have something else happen? I or another individual may not be able to help you then...but I'm able to help you now...so TAKE IT.

We're family, d00d...this is what we do.

<3
Beautiful... like poetry XD I have the f*ck it attitude all the time... and it never steers me wrong... but you really should come though ether its been some time since I've been able to play my ex sova brethren...

CStick

Smash Lord
SOVA PEOPLE STAYING WITH ME AT THE HOTEL:
O-NO
CStick

that's all I got as far as I know.

I need to know what NIGHTS you are staying so I can give everyone prices and all for splitting :)
can I split via credit card? I'm broke cash-wise and pay credit for eveything...including thunderbird and bubble gum.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Toasty, im gonna call you later today to see what the hell is going on. C-stick an I are still down to go so long as

1, I have enough people riding with me to split gas and make it cheap enough for my broke ***.
2, The room has enough people to make it cheap enough for my broke ***
3, you still got my broke *** for venue.

if you take note of 1 through 3, im broke as ****. However, im still trying to go and im doing this for ONE reason. To see you and say happy birthday and take a shot with you.

Ether, you need to go to this ****. For serious. You got so good at melee but you are not using that talent for what its meant for. to go **** the world! All the times you keep telling yourself your not that good. If you think so, then you should be at APEX finding out how good you are, and using what you learn to get BETTER, then do it all again at another amazing tourney.

BTW, They should have a MVC2 and Super SFIV side tourney. that would be grand.

NOTICE!!!!
IF YOU WANT A RIDE, LET ME KNOW! I WILL FIT AS MANY HEADS IN MY CAR AS I CAN AND SINCE I HATE TRAFFIC, IM PLANING THE DRIVE OVER NIGHT THURSDAY NIGHT!

SO FAR, ALL I HAVE FOR SURE IS ME AND C-STICK. THAT LEAVES 2-3 SEATS DEPENDING ON HOW COMFY YOU WANNA BE AND HOW MUCH GAS MONEY EVERYONE HAS.

Ether

Smash Ace
Well. Let me think. I may have just found the solution to all my troubles.

So maybe I can go. But I don't have ANY money for gas, food, or housing. And as much as I'd love to team with Doll, I'm not going to keep bouncing back and forth on him and Fear/Savedge/whoever. (but if that were somehow possible, I mean, let me know ;_; )

So there are all of my expenses. And I'm partnerless. But all this financial stress is taking its toll on me. So maybe I should just stay home.

It's interesting. For the past few nights, I've kept having dreams about meeting up with Tope and Team Richmond in some back alley with a tv playing smash. Weird as ****. Maybe Tope's training me in my sleep. I dunno.

I still have off work from Thursday through Monday. I'm due back Tuesday.

CStick

Smash Lord
M2k might have a good reach advantage, but if you just lunge forward and hit him good in the gut he'll go down pretty easil- oh wait...you mean smash.

Yea, I don't think you can ONLY because you don't ever get to Marth ditto anyone, and that is probably M2k's bread-and-butter match.

But you have a ridiculous Shiek so you can always go that way and give him some trouble. IMO, try Shiek against him. You're good against spacies with Shiek, probably good against other Shiek's, and I'm pretty sure you know how to fight Marth pretty well in that matchup - at least better than you think.

but honestly, Marth v. Marth = M2k wins. I mean, he got to where he is by destroying other Marth players...(and spacies...don't play spacies against him)

Also, I guess you only plan to stay at the hotel for two night, Otis? If we leave late on Thursday in the sense that I define "late", then I guess you plan to get there some time in the morning.

Famous

Smash Champion
Otis, let me know about the ride situation...I'm rooming with Kadaj so I guess we can split up/re-join at the venue...

Ether

Smash Ace
CStick, you're exactly right. I HAVE to go Sheik there. And I honestly will lose to Mango, too, probably. To be honest, the two people I'm dreading of facing are Doll and Hax. Doll has the biggest win record on me out of anyone, and Hax looks scary as heck. He's so patient.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Famous, as long as you have gas money, your in. HOWEVER, That puts us at me you and C-Stick. We are gonna need at least one other person to ride with us and beyond that, with only me toasty and C-sick in a room, im quite sure i wouldent be able to afford the room (unless we get some epic motel 6 or some ****).

I need another SOLID person, thats gonna ride with us AND stay in the hotel.

Toasty, can i get an potential hotel cost? 2 nights X hotel fee devided by x smashers = $?$?

Famous

Smash Champion
I got the gas money Otis

Toasty said that the room was filling up so I'm assuming more people other than you, C-Stick and Ether(possibly) are going to be in the room

If it's not full then I could always stay in the same room and share the hotel expenses...

Oh yea, bring the power stone nigg xD

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lol you silly people

if it was later in the month and i wasnt still up in nova i could probably go but no dice this time

have fun dudes (and that includes YOU ether!)

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
I got the gas money Otis

Toasty said that the room was filling up so I'm assuming more people other than you, C-Stick and Ether(possibly) are going to be in the room

If it's not full then I could always stay in the same room and share the hotel expenses...

Oh yea, bring the power stone nigg xD

Imma call Toasty Tonight and see whats what. Imma bring dat stone *****, you just best be ready!

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Word? :) Im in for some PS2! Yo Otis there are guys at the venue who are going to be playing SSF4 Might as well MM them because I already said you'd scrape em :D
Who are they? I'm down to put in some work. I'll be training hard all this week in Super also, i have an important match on Thursday. I hope i win, Its gonna be a realyl tough battle :x

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I don't have time to read this because I'm bout to go play midnight badminton...

but O-NO/CStick/Ether(???)

Don't "worry" about housing...we'll talk about that.

Just know that you will be able to afford it so long as you don't discuss it with the other people staying with us =D

if Ether joins, there will be 9 people in the room.

if Ether johns, there will be 8 people in the room.

CStick

Smash Lord
So i Have C-stick Famous coming with me.

Im gonna need confirmation from at least one more person. someone step the **** up!
Otis: if you really are depending on that one last confirmation for gas monies...I'll just let you know now: I pretty much committed to this tourney, so one way or the other we'll get there. I can pay extra gas monies if need be; I have enough money/space on my credit card to make it work out that way if it comes down to it. I mean, I'm not paying for all the gas, but if an extra 10-20 bucks is all you need I can help out.

But yea, someone else please step up.

Top Bottom