• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
BIG SHOUT OUT TO MALCO FOR COMING OUT! You're awesome! This is pretty much how STARS gets down. **** usually is never planned. xD You're awesome for tagging along through it all. Your Falco is raaaaape! And I wanna play you some more.

Also shoutout to the rest of STARS for showing love. :)

Shoutout to JWolf for not picking up his phone!

And I'll be able to possibly host some more in Hampton. My grandma said that she liked everyone who was over and that she doesn't mind it. But next time It'll probably most likely be a weekend so we won't have leave so early. 10 just didn't cut the epicness.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Wanna do some B/B-/B+/BB anything on 24th/25th. Hit me up AIM (Genosync) or cell (757-535-1692) if up for it.

Can probably have a bunch of people over at the house. Melee potentially allowed but I ain't playin it. =(

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I had fun, there should be more. As far as time goes, it was kinda early but then again half of us who where there needed to be back b4 hand.

rhan

Smash Hero
You said you'd call off a house phone. No johns. Anyway you missed out.

Shaden's putting together a montage of the day (Because he does that anyway lmao) Expect matches and that video up sometime during the week.

Ether

Smash Ace
When are you uploading those matches, Ether?
I have our first set uploaded. I'll get to all the others soon. Maybe tonight, even.

edit - sorry, I don't have our set uploaded. I thought I did. I'll tell you what, let me go on an uploading spree right now and get them all up.

Also, I figured out how to get the audio recorded as well.

double edit - gah, I don't know what music to use. Will to upload fading...
PCat, our first set will be up in minutes. Just search Ether vs. Poehlcat.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
yeah i'm not going to lie toasty..i watched that match first from the entire list of that tourney cause it reminded me of you.

however, while it is an amazing match and demonstrates how if you are really good, you can utilize your char amazingly and thus actually compete with the top tiers..

it isn't the same as saying you are likely to win if you are both playing equally well. Those combos that destroyed ness aren't hard to pull off..and worst of all, falcon is punished much less for equally stupid decisions than the ness player will be. falcon only has to be reasonably careful to avoid gimps while ness if he slips up and does something at the wrong spacing he isn't going to eat some sparkly fair but instead eat a 50% combo

however, ness definitely would have won the second match if he hadn't attempted to dair falcon when falcon was at the ledge and gotten gimped.

the chaingrab combos were ridiculous though...but those grabs really have to be worked for..while ness just screwing up his spacing a little may accidentally let him eat an inside upair or nair and get juggled

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
*stuff written under the assumption that low tier players care about anything other than being amazing, regardless of the outcome*
Word.

[while you had good points, they were all basically the definition of "what makes a character be on a higher tier than another," barring some exceptions]

Alternatively, the only low tier players who DO care about winning are former low-tiers XD

[Unless you're unique like Taj, Axe, Iori, Azen, or Chu. All records point to one common thread among them, though: they just happen to be ****ing amazing players on a different level than most. No matter whom they may play as.]
Despite all that, there was deadline. And Thunder Jacket. And Thunder Barrier. =O
XD!!!

The only hope Hax had when he KNEW there was a thunderjacket was to get close to him and shield or lightshield haha [of course that'd be **** if he powershielded and SH-knee-OOS]

But if your shield makes contact with the jacket hitbox [or even the YYG hitbox if there's no jacket] it's as if the attack was performed already and you shielded it, so you can no longer be affected by it, though other players on the screen can be.

Oh right...the whole point of my original post:
MoFo makes me want to use Ness again because I still don't think I've reached my potential with him >_<

But nahhh...I'll stick to being a Marth main.

OH btw, ETHER:
As of a few days ago, I FINALLY feel like I actually know what the hell I'm doing with Marth. I obviously need a tremendous amount of experience against good players so I can learn matchups, but it's no longer "oh hey look at how crazy my dash dancing, pivoting, wavelanding, moonwalking and edgecanceling are! I have decent spacing, btw"

>_>

EDIT: oh and this revelation was largely due to two things:

1) when watching and playing against my GA-sensei Fullmetal , I realized: I can't do what he does.

2) I also realized: I have no idea what I'm doing.

[in fairness, I did give you, Ether, credit as the OG-toasty-sensei XD]

Ether

Smash Ace
Lol. Fullmetal's a great guy. Imagine if he and I teamed!

Edit - If Fullmetal played Ness and did a Yo yo glitch, would it be called a fullmetal jacket? =O

rhan

Smash Hero
So the weekend of Aug 20-22 I'll have this house to myself. And I want to see if I can gather enough intrest for a tourney. :)

Also I want to go to Richmond..

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just start heading towards richmond and hit me up when you get close (804) 307-7029 .... anytime after like 3 is fine.

Top Bottom