• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Ether

Smash Ace
Ether, maybe it's cause im really high or maybe cause you are amazing, but the team name Cyther never occurred to me. That's ****ing aamzing. the only thing is whether or not the people would announce it properly.
lol, are you serious? Alright, let's register under Cyther. :laugh:

Sorry for lack of Confirmation on the ride later.

Yeah, I'm still gonna pick you up, though I may be a few minutes late.

But you must buy me a taco, or something.
Actually, I'd prefer it if you WERE late, say 2:15 or so. And sure, we can stop at some food place and I'll buy you something.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Great S**t from every1 who came out. Even with all the squanders about teams. I'll post the results up 2 morrow. Too Tired to do it now :urg:

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone for coming out... despite the lack of participation in doubles, or general paid-participation in anything else. Good stuff to Hampton for playing in everything and bringing a consistent challenge.

CStick

Smash Lord
Ether - **** as usual

O-NO - its always a destiny battle every time

Mashi - **** you! :( good matches

Schoolie - the real puffstuff

hampton - SS v. H-boys will happen eventually :)

those who were too cheap to enter stuff - read the front page for the newly-added 'bytch rule'

Wiggles- seriosuly. Just camp. It works all the time (at least against Ganon)

Kitsune - squander

Russ -d-smash platform temporarily broke my spirit. Good **** for that set

also, Otis I left my jacket over there. I'll be by around 3ish after work to pick it up

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Riku- I beat you once, and my Marth really is getting better.

Ether-Thanks for helping me out, I'm probably going to spend all day getting the timing right on the d-tilt to grab. I never even thought of that. Thanks for all the help you gave me.

C-Stick-Thanks for the Ganon matches. PM me with the description on why I shouldn't sheild grab Ganon again. I forgot from last night. :[ Sorry.

Mashi-I hate you. Haha, the only guy there that consistantly 4 stocked me. Amazing.

FamousMario-Your Mario is pretty amazing. Stick with him, it will make you famous.

Fox/Marth player from Hampton-Great matches last night. You won almost all of them, but only by a stock. Your Fox has amazing technical skill, but you should work on the follow through. If you start getting good combo's with him, you'll be amazing.

Kadaj-I saw your Falcon combo vid and didn't know you were from Hampton. Good ****, the few matches we played were amazing.

Otis-Thanks for hosting, it was fun. And you lost money in your own house.

Beast-Leeroy, nooooooooooo! Even though he doesn't read this ****.

Schoolie-Once again, I failed to play you. Eventually.

Everyone else-Good matches, they were all fun, and I learned alot.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
wiggles come play me ..oh wait you're in noVA??
it says NORva nub norva = norfolk, virginia

but i guess i sorta missed out...

more cheap squanders. jesus SoVa =( but yeah.. eyes still need rest so no smash for about a week. =/ good sht to who ever won singles.. that is if you had it... or had a tournament at all.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
O-No: it boggles my mind that i have never played you, yet u introduced me to this thread last May...

Anywayz, do u have a 3s and xbox live? if u do then whats ur gamertag? im trynna improve my yun, and i feel pumped after owning a bunch of pplz on live, meh...

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Tourney Results

Teams

1st - Ether/Schoolie Dee
2nd - O-No/Russ
3rd - Mashi/Envy
4th - Ghost/Kadaj
5th - C-Stick/Riku
5th - Nino/Jeff

Singles
1st - Ether
2nd - O-No
3rd - Schoolie
4th - Mashi
5th - C-Stick
5th - Riku
7th - Ghost
7th - Wiggles
9th - Kadaj
9th - Russ

I'll do my shouties later. Time 4 a nap.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts 4 yesterday's Squirtle Squad vs Squirtle Squad Tourney.

O-NO - Thanx 4 hosting another good tourney. Good s**t against Ether even though it was unfair.

Schoolie - Great set we had. I totally 4got about the Bowser.

Ether - U knew u would win hands down.

Kadaj - Your Falcon got alot better since the last time i saw u. Nice vid btw.

Ghost - Good matches from friendlies and tourney.

Wiggles - My N***a. U finally beat a character I don't play :laugh:. Your Marth is getting better. Jus work on all that stuff we told u. About u beating my Sheik, I don't plan on losing.

Unknown - And then u were Unkown. Where'd u go :confused:?

To everyone else - Good s**t all around.

To those who jus showed up 4 friendlies - U FAIL.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lol. tourney funny. everyone is getting better. i still suck. haha. k bye.

by the way who did i make rich for that one bookie match? hahaha. too good. sova funny as ****.

Ether

Smash Ace
Darn it, Mashi! I was about to bet on you, but then I thought that THIS would be the time that CStick did not squander. v_v guess the crowd made it harder, though.

Shoutouts when I come back from Wendy's.

Ether

Smash Ace
O-NO - I hate green greens. Nice luigi.

Schoolie - Our teamwork gets better and better. You know Japes too well. "5 seconds before the croc comes back" wtf. Too bad CStick didn't let me watch your matches with O-NO.

Mashi - I thought you were a favorite to win. It's too bad I lost money by not betting on you. :laugh:

C-Stick - Pull out Ganon in tournaments, cuz it's ****** me.

Riku - You get better every time I see you. If your opponent has a chance to move, then you're not playing gay enough.

Ghost - It's hard to remember if we did any 1 v 1s, but you had some great teamwork with Kadaj.

Wiggles - I hope the training helps you out in the $mm. Strive to beat Chu, Azen, etc. and beating your brother will be no big task. ;)

Kadaj - You were another favorite to win, I thought. You def brought the Isai to Otis' that night. Thanks for the advice about Fox's dtilt...I still can't get it to work effectively, but I'll keep trying.

Russ - We wish you could have stayed for Crews, but SS still won, yay. We still have to $mm on Rainbow Cruise.

Everyone who said "Smash that bytch" sounds amazing - Thanks!;)

The DJ guy - That setup looks sooo nice. Bring your power cord next time.

Pizza - was so good. That was little caesars? Good **** little caesars.

I still haven't registered for Pound 3. Why am I so lazy?

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
I dont play on live, i play Arcade.

good **** for coming out, i enjoyed playing you.

NEW O-NO HOUSE RULE...

If im hosting a tourney and you plan to be here you MUST play at least 2 events. thats singles, doubles, crews, low tier, low tier teams... whatever.

reason? many players that come to play come from city's away. id like for them to at least get a chance to win gas money WHILE having a great time. people always ask me about hosting and throwing tourneys but halve the time no one wants to enter for fear of losing 5 or 10 bucks. im gonna have to say thats nonsense. if im hosting for practice thats different. but im gonna stop "Hosting" all together and just play with SS whenever i want to play if people stop entering. it makes NO sense for me to host a tourney if everyone in sova comes and only SS enters and, it makes no sense for people to come from other city's to play in tourney and no one enters because they dont want to loose.

Dont be cheap, have some pride and , have fun while your at it.

CStick

Smash Lord
I'm dubbing this as the '***** rule' of SoVA. Seriously, its like Tope all over again.

"Man, I dont wanna give my money to team Richmond." "Man, I dont wanna give my money to CStick/ONO/Kits/Ether/Mashi" "Man, I dont wanna lose my five bucks because it means I'll be late on my rent again because I'm so broke that five bucks means alot to me"

if all you do is show up and eat our pizza and steal our playing time by coming over just to play your next-door neighbor like you do any other time and not even play us...gtfo, srsly. Hit us up later if you wanna play friendlies all day instead of a tourney.

sheesh, I've probably handed over 50 bucks to TR and such in the past year, and only got ten of it back from 4th-place refunds, but you dont see me complaining. Have some competitive spirit, dammit.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for that update, sooooo many people just sat around. People, did it look like I would have a chance at placing? Bowser, Jigs, Jungle Japes, and the fact that everyone countered themselves with Yoshi Story helped me get 3rd and a complete refund! Speaking of which:

Ether- Stop cheating and tell cyrain that you're teaming with me for pound3, or if you don't want to, I'd be glad to do it for you >.> If you want any stage tips before pound3 just ask, I'll gladly explain everything I know about the barrel, klaptraps and those broken floors :)

Otis- You had the audacity to ban Japes and then remind me that I forgot to ban Corneria? :laugh: Good **** for hosting, too bad everyone kinda viewed it as a Sova Pizza Party... rather than a tournament...

Kadaj- You should have placed so much higher, your bracket was just dumb. Those friendly doubles were pretty sweet though, I even landed my falcon punch combos!

Mashi- Badass hair man, but you lost me a dollar... so the hair lost coolness :p Great set man, I finally got some revenge for that comic shop tourney THAT I HAD IN THE BAG, and then you showed up and stomped jigs into oblivion, so this time bowser was ready. Great stuff man.

Riku- One of our few legitimate sets, and a good one too. Next time, take me to battlefield or fountain of dreams, whichever I don't ban, and you'll have an advantage like you wouldn't believe :)

Anyone trying to play? This is my last week back from cnu with a car, I'd like to play one more time before leaving.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
MAN THE **** UP SOVA

yeah, i squandered... sorta? but believe me, if i would've been able to attend, i would've entered. unless you live in an absolute sht hole, you can pay up like.. 10 bucks.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Delay...........Again!

Word on da streets is Brawl got pushed back again. The date now in March 9th. It also says it on Smashbros.com.

Ether

Smash Ace
Wait, how do we have someone from Kansas trying to mm?

Kitsune, I'm glad your eyes are good. It's too bad you couldn't come out so everyone could see how amazing you are. And I'm all for making it $10 a person for singles, $20 a team, and $40 crews.

And I'm glad Brawl is delayed. More Melee for me. (I don't have a Wii)

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
lol ty Ether, my eye's are being ******* atm... cant look at a monitor or tv for extended hours.. :/ but they'll man up, unlike some people in this region.

so today, someone brought smash to my school. some familiar faces.. linkomac is one of my classes? wtf?! but i did play some. even people who knew me underestimated me, and paid dearly. but i doubt i'll be smash at school much since i dont want a repeat of ODU.

next time sova, next time. i'll be there fo sho.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Sheik in Brawl.

Fun.

Sorry I've been squandering, KP, been sick and ****. I promise I'll eventually make it.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
shrugs, it's ok..i've gotten bored with actually improving my game and went back to just practicing infinites

Ether

Smash Ace
I JUST REGISTERED FOR POUND 3.

I have requested the 2nd and 3rd off from work. However, it has occurred to me that I should also take off the 1st. I will get to my boss about that.

SoVa, let's go. And remember, I call back left seat in O-NO's car.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
I JUST REGISTERED FOR POUND 3.

I have requested the 2nd and 3rd off from work. However, it has occurred to me that I should also take off the 1st. I will get to my boss about that.

SoVa, let's go. And remember, I call back left seat in O-NO's car.
I'm registering tomorrow. And i call back right seat in O-NO's car.

CStick

Smash Lord
depending on how much moneyz I have after I get my next check decides whether or not I register tomorrow. If not, then I'll have to miss out :(

Top Bottom