• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Cow

Smash Apprentice
There's pretty much nothing going on in newport news because nobody here has a good venue. especially now that ascendency is kaput. Its possible some kind of underground thing could be organized at cnu, but if they found out about it we'd get the boot. hahah.

adwillia

Smash Apprentice
yo if this thing is still going on i plan on being there.....dave u trying to hook me up with a ride?

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Omfg Double Post!
my bad son =/

but **** yes its still on!

as a matter of fact. the side tourney madness has just been upped with the addition of MOAR GAMES!!!!!! HOW MANY CAN ONE FIT INTO A WEEKEND!?!?
i aim to find OUT!

Power stone 2 2v2 tourney, Garou; mark of the wolves, Guilty gear #slash (fack AC), and Rival schools; Project justice!!!!

the main event is obviously still SSBM, but im also going to run as MANY tourneys as this weekend can hold.

we are at like 8-10 games here!!! so epic XP

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
how so? i fail to understand the logic.
Hah, it ain't serious business or anything, but I was telling the story of how you wanted to show me the ultimate "gays" of Smash, and someone [forgot who, but enough reliable people in the room agreed with him] pointed out that running around and just evading for an extended period of time until the clock runs out [like you did] results in a forfeit of the match [much like Jiggly/Peach stalls?]?
Someone correct me if this is wrong? Chances are Otis, you actually did attack me at SOME point, but I think I blocked out those moments out of bitterness [not really, I just don't recall you attacking much if at all after you got your early lead]

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
lasers = attack XP
and peach/ jiggly stalls are off stage stalls. i was simply taking a tactical approach to our match, deal damage via turtling and for the enemy to you for fear of time loss.
true i did run the timer out in the meantime, but had you continued to attack you would have lost the match due to reckless jump-ins and my tactic would have won the match naturally.

but it is mad funny to me that you cant catch a fox with some players.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
YES GAROU! If we have 3S, we MUST play it's SNK counterpart. Got that PS2 JPN version? Or we doing it MAME STYLE?!

About Whodat, seriously doubt he'll be attending. Alot of stuff is going on without me having the ability or right to explain why....but meh, whatever.

We'll be getting there late already...Dragonz has to work till 4 that day, so we'll proabably won't make it till like 5:30-6:00. Sucks on how much epicness we'll be missing.

toasty

Smash Hero
Sucks on how much epicness we'll be missing.
Same here :( :( :(
BUT! Everyone going should stop by [because it is on the way to O-NO's for anyone coming from 264 =D] and visit me at work til 6 ^_^
it's the Lukoil on S Independence [first light after S Indp. splits into Holland and S Indp. on the right side...sign hidden by lots of trees until nearby =/]

it's unfortunate because that will now be my shift (10-6)...for life [********* family business >_<].

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
it's unfortunate because that will now be my shift (10-6)...for life [********* family business >_<].
i know that feeling about missing out on epic madness.
(having bad memories of mc hell) **** mc donalds.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
YES GAROU! If we have 3S, we MUST play it's SNK counterpart. Got that PS2 JPN version? Or we doing it MAME STYLE?!

We'll be getting there late already...Dragonz has to work till 4 that day, so we'll proabably won't make it till like 5:30-6:00. Sucks on how much epicness we'll be missing.
You guys will more than likely miss Teams, im gonna do teams around 3-4pm depending on how many people are here already.

as far as garou goes, DC baby all the way! original print too!

(SIDE TOURNEY INFO UPDATE!)
Side tourneys are going to be run bi-hourly (hour of free play, hour for tourney) for the most part since there so many. there will be NO ORDER to the side tourneys, but i will aim the have the most popular games played when the most people are present. side tourneys will also run side by side with the ssbm team tourney. you can enter more than one tourney at a time, The staff (me and lee, LOL) will work you into any and all tourneys you wish to play.

(SLEEPING INFO!!!)

once again, you are ALL welcome to stay at my place saturday night but, keep in mind that my place is no where near as big as toastys and sleeping space IS LIMITED!!! Players from out of town (such as Richmond, Newport, Hampton ) will get first dibbs at sleeping areas
This may be the biggest turn out yet for a tourney at my place so PLEASE, Have a great time, but try not to get TOO loud. i dont want police showing up at my place.

FOR ANYONE THAT DOSENT KNOW, MY ADDRESS IN STILL ON THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD, MAPQUEST SAVES LIVES (tho is has failed me before).

attendance count looks to be 25-30 overall but may be snuffed down to 20 like last time.
we shall see. still far better than any game off tourney right?

toasty

Smash Hero
For the love of GOD, use Google Maps... please... mapquest is a dead technology.
for real though, if one more person comes into our gas station asking where 410 [Holland Road, but Mapquest NEVER f*cking calls it that] is, I'm going to b*mb the Mapquest mainframe...or just hack it so it links you to googlemaps anyway.
(lol, I gotta be careful with my words >_>)

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
It's cool about Teams. If's there one thing we can afford to miss in this fest of great gaming, it can be SSBM Doubles. I mean, it didn't even HAPPEN at Toasty's.....only three teams? :laugh:

Forgot about Garou on DC....*smacks self*. Hope you got some spare arcade sticks, although I'm garbage with it I'd rather use it then the DC pad.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
The Smash Affiliates & Killer Fleet Presents: Zenith - SEPTEMBER 28th-29th!

Feel free to put it in your sigs!

Venue info

The famous web2zone

54 Cooper Square
between 4th & 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10003
212 614 7300
www.web2zone.com

By Train you can take the 6 Train to Astor place OR the NRW line to 8th street. Walk to the Chase Bank and make a right and it is only 2 STORES Down.

* 4 Stock
* 8 Minute time limit
* Items off

Events:

Friday 6pm-11pm: $20 - low tier doubles

Saturday: 9am-all day
$20 - singles
$20 - doubles
$15 - ssb64 1v1
$20 - ssb64 doubles

Rules
Team attack ON
Life stealing is allowed

In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins, otherwise the player with the lowest percentage wins. If both Players have the same percentage, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. this determines winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Finals are best of five matches

Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

In case more than 64 people come, Singles seedlings will be determined by pools – each player will be assigned to a pool, and each pool will play 2 Three (3) stock matches in a round robin. If a player wins a match, he must inform an official of how much stock he had remaining. Players will continue to play with each other until each player has played all of the other players in the pool twice. The lowest ranking players will be cut off from each pool, so much so until it meets the conditions of a 64-man bracket. All stages for pools are picked randomly, and all character selections will be double blind pick – both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards.

Random Stages for Singles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi’s Story

Random Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium
Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Terminal Bay and Yoshi’s Island 64

Dave’s Stupid Rule Modified – The same stage cannot be played twice in a row during a set

Stage Strike Rule – Each player/team can choose 1 stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters. Players may change their stage strike for each succeeding game PRIOR to a stage being chosen. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)

For the First round in a set, character selection for the round will be double blind pick (unless the players don't care). The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection.

For the next round, players first may choose to change their stage strike, and then the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match. All succeeding matches are played in the same manner.

Low Tier 2v2

Allowed Characters :

* Luigi
* Link
* Roy
* DK
* Pikachu
* Zelda
* Ness
* Young Link
* Yoshi
* Kirby
* Mr. Game & Watch
* Bowser
* Mewtwo
* Pichu
* One Ice Climber (must kill ice climber before battle begins)

4 Stock
8 Minutes

Same rules as Doubles

Smash 64

Tournament Rules

* Double Elimination
* All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
* 5 stock, 10 min Time limit
* Team Attack On
* No excessively STALLING a match! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
* Ties broken by lives/percentage
* Items OFF

Stages/Characters:

Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
If a player plays Ness, he may demand a repick if Saffron City is selected as a random stage, however if the opponent is the loser he has the right it counter-pick Saffron City.
All other stages banned
First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage
Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
Double Blind may be called in the first match

You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
You can buy a brand new first party controller here (http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs...encyPreference) or you can try and find a new or used controller at your local game stores or Ebay.

Let the Hype Begin

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Looks like Richmond will be bringing 4 or 5.

We'll be coming down Saturday morning, and leaving Sunday evening if that's okay.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Richmond will be bringing 4 or 5.

We'll be coming down Saturday morning, and leaving Sunday evening if that's okay.
thats fine ^.^, and did you ban that guy for posting the crap here? i dont know the forum rules for that stuff.

Sen, i have NO sticks for DC, only pad. thats why ALL tourneys are BYOS!

also remember to bring SYSTEMS! ive got one cube, and i can GET one wii, i have 3 good tv's but i have space for 5 set ups!!!

its going to be crowed as HELL XD

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Alright guys, food dealio has gotten amazing. My boss said they will, indeed, deliver since it is such a big order. I will pay up to 50 bucks out of pocket. I'll probably just put in a catering order, and we'll get a **** load of lasagna.

You still down for this, O-NO?

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
how much is it gonna cost? it depends on the turn out. all the money ill have for it will come from venue. im down but i wont know what to do if we fall short in the cash dept. if we get 30 people (and i think that may be reaching a bit) ill have 60$ for it.
if this dosent work out imma go with my original plan of massive amounts of cheap pizza and breadsticks.

i still gotta get plates napkins and drinks ect. thats all out of my pocket.

if anyone wants to help by bringing extra drinks snacks plates cups or whatever, that will be appreciated also.

toasty

Smash Hero
if we get 30 people (and i think that may be reaching a bit) ill have 60$ for it.
Well, I did the same thing, and if you're willing to use the venue fee exclusively for this Gusto's order, then you're looking at $150...not 60. (unless your venue fee is $2 now instead of $5??? In which case: change it back to 5!!!)...lol maybe HR could pitch in a bit more and make it an HR sponsored event?...lol, jk @ sponsoring, but maybe HR could each bring something, drinks, or snacks or whatever...utensils/napkins/plates should be supplied by Gusto's as they were when I had my big *** order from there for my fest. Speak with Wiggles about some of the details [like how much pizza you might want Vs. (**** good) lasagna...the lasagna specials also come with 2 liter drinks and salad]...as far as the "catering" goes I think the only thing you'll have to cover yourself will be plastic cups.

FYI: my order was for 20+ people. We got two 18 inch pizzas [I'll say this right now, they didn't last long, I don't think it's the right choice for this kind of gathering unless you have people "sign up" for pizza and basically if you didn't "sign up" for it, you don't get any...sounds "top tier", right? haha...do we even say "top tier" instead of "gay" anymore?] and 3 of those Lasagna specials. Each tray of lasagna was pretty well sized and really filling. The salad ended up being massive, albeit: somewhat ignored. And that came with three 2 liter pepsis.

Now here's the great part...here's where Wiggles comes in. How much was all of that?!?!??!
$60 [not including $10 tip Chris gave the Gusto's guy when we picked it up...and I imagine we'll do something similar/perhaps more significant considering the fact that they will deliver]

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Well, I did the same thing, and if you're willing to use the venue fee exclusively for this Gusto's order, then you're looking at $150...not 60. (unless your venue fee is $2 now instead of $5??? In which case: change it back to 5!!!)...lol maybe HR could pitch in a bit more and make it an HR sponsored event?...lol, jk @ sponsoring, but maybe HR could each bring something, drinks, or snacks or whatever...utensils/napkins/plates should be supplied by Gusto's as they were when I had my big *** order from there for my fest. Speak with Wiggles about some of the details [like how much pizza you might want Vs. (**** good) lasagna...the lasagna specials also come with 2 liter drinks and salad]...as far as the "catering" goes I think the only thing you'll have to cover yourself will be plastic cups.

FYI: my order was for 20+ people. We got two 18 inch pizzas [I'll say this right now, they didn't last long, I don't think it's the right choice for this kind of gathering unless you have people "sign up" for pizza and basically if you didn't "sign up" for it, you don't get any...sounds "top tier", right? haha...do we even say "top tier" instead of "gay" anymore?] and 3 of those Lasagna specials. Each tray of lasagna was pretty well sized and really filling. The salad ended up being massive, albeit: somewhat ignored. And that came with three 2 liter pepsis.

Now here's the great part...here's where Wiggles comes in. How much was all of that?!?!??!
$60 [not including $10 tip Chris gave the Gusto's guy when we picked it up...and I imagine we'll do something similar/perhaps more significant considering the fact that they will deliver]

Actually, the 60 was with tip.

So yeah, if it's any more than about 60 bucks, I'll pay the rest out of pocket. No worries, guys. It'll be good ****. I'll put in the order tomorrow if we have confirmation from O-No.

Just say the word, big boy, and a **** load of food will be delivered to your door Saturday night.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Sen, i have NO sticks for DC, only pad. thats why ALL tourneys are BYOS!

also remember to bring SYSTEMS! ive got one cube, and i can GET one wii, i have 3 good tv's but i have space for 5 set ups!!!
*has no DC stick* Oh well, guess I'll just have to manage then. I'll bring my cube with me then with Smash, and might as well tag my PS2 along with my Game Bible and assortment of burned games (KOFXI, NGBC, SS6, MB:AC). Just might be able to snag a T.V. as well.

I got sigged?! Holy ****......just saying what's the truth. MAKOTO IS WAY TOO POWERFUL TO BE WEARING THAT RIBBON. Unless that's what enables her to steal life back from Red Ken...

Top Bottom