• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I thought the crew battle was pretty fair, too, especially when people like Kitsune and Mashi had already left. I mean, it's not like Tope and Doll were on the same crew.
Random fact #46: I have never been able to tell if Tope is being serious or not.

>_>;;;

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
well bigger crew battles seem to be ALOT more fun and , when it comes to crews id like to keep the fun factor as high as i can.
i vote we do "BUY IN" draft crews.
you pay to play, and when crews start we pick the top 2 from the tourney as captins (if they wish to be, then work our way down) and they select teams.
obviously the cpt's judgment in player picks and match ups will come into play for the battles, but thats as good as it going to get having money on the line and keeping the fun ratio at max.

i also vote we do side bets for people NOT in the crew battle to keep everyone on the side lines cheering for there teams. funny things usually get said in the prosess. but i suppose that would be up to the crowd.

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
Cool. Just talked to Jamie and we'll both try heading to this for both days. The rules for crews you got posted seem to be pretty intiruging...could be just as good as it was at toasty's because it did seem pretty even then.

Really looking forward to this shizzy.....SOVA POWAAAAA!!!!!!!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
are you maintaining the O-NO tourney rule of not being able to ban neutral stages? please say we can ban them >_> I like the pay-to-play draft crews...good ****. Though as far as money goes, I think it's more interesting as far as payout goes when you have more than 2 crews and do round robin, but only because 1) you don't feel like "oh it's $__ or nothing" and 2) you have the potential to make more than you put in...just a thought...though it depends on the turnout I suppose? we'll see...

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
well see what happens, i mean first things first, i want to have a good time as well as insure everyone else has fun.
as far as the rules go, we can run whatever the players vote on. i just think its more interesting he run crews with a ton of random charecters. perhaps we can run one like that for fun?
nutral bans? is that whats going down in the big tourneys lately? i want the singles rules just to stay up to date with current big tourneys. (FC, OC, ect....)

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
BRING MONEY!!!!!
yes, as much fun as this is going to be, there will also be cash tossed around like a t1tty bar in texas.
tourneys (not all confirmed)
SSBM 20$ a player for both events (singles 10, teams 10 a person)
CVS2 5$ (this **** is going down so BRING YOUR STIKS!!! ps2 format)
SF 3rd strike 5$ (this is also FOR SURE!)
2v2 halo2 10$ a team (if anyones interested)
2v2 gears 10$ (also in anyones interested)
Tekken 5 5$ (DR if my friend comes by with his ps3)

CVS2 and 3rd strike are CONFIRMED.
everyting else is a maybe.

o yeah, random SSBM side tourneys will also be 5$.
stuff like green greez and low tier ( sova has yet to do a low tier tourney V.V)

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
*Looks at all the prices being thrown around* O_o. My wallet is going to ***** after this event.

Sign me up for 3S and Tekren too. I'll have to deal with broken-azz bitzches that kick all day or do a command throw that wins the match and also stupid stuff where if you attack and you're not safe I take off half your life bar....but it's something to do I guess.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Low-Tier King? :bowser:

BTW, I've been idle lately online, my computer is having trouble connecting to CNU's network. Luckily, there are a few scrubs keeping me busy in smash. Nothing spectacular, but not a ton of free kills for me, either.

peace, homies :)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
anyone that smashes out here will tell you this is going to be FAR more epic than that other tourney.
it's kind of unfortunate, that one seems to eat the *ss of conflict more often than not and doesn't really have much of a turnout. I mean, there's NO way it could be worse than Game On, AND it's a regular event...I think we should all roll out there some time? It would also help out the guys who are throwing it, namely TorconTheGreat. I know I haven't been there yet but I've either been working, throwing my own tournafest, or going to a massive one[NC!]. Could be fun? Why not!

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Low-Tier King? :bowser:

BTW, I've been idle lately online, my computer is having trouble connecting to CNU's network. Luckily, there are a few scrubs keeping me busy in smash. Nothing spectacular, but not a ton of free kills for me, either.

peace, homies :)
DUDE SCHOOLIE I JUST REALIZED THAT UR THE GUY WHO BEAT ME AT MCDS OMG! SUP DAWG? U GOIN TO TX?

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Put me down for the fest, O-NO. I don't know whether or not Cory is going, but I'll find a ride if he's not. I probably won't do tourney's, but I'll pay venue, and play get down on Gears, possibly Halo.

ALSO, IMPORTANT NOTICE: I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE HAND IF YOU ARE ALL GOING TO GRUB FROM GUSTO'S AGAIN. Last time, there was barely enough food to go around, so it will cost more. I am willing to pay some out of pocket after venue, and I can probably get an awesome discount again. Of course we'll do a head count when we get there, and I'm looking to spend about 100 dollars for 200 dollars worth of food. Depending on show up, we'll have to buy drinks and snacks off of venue, so I am willing to spend up to 50 dollars out of pocket to make it happen if you guys want pizza/lasagna/pasta/anything else off the menu.

O-NO, if you could try to round out a rough headcount ahead of time, probably on the board, I can give a better price estimate. Like I said, I am willing to pay some out of pocket if necessary, so get back to me if this is something you want to do. I can probably get 50% of a monster order, so let's make it huge.

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Chris Austin aka Wiggles.

Again, I'm going to be there.

Cory may be coming, but he'll confirm himself.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I'll try for both but we'll see...

SlashTalon and possibly Brown man

need setups or anything?

Oh and me and Kits work at the commissary, but i dunno if he can buy anything there...but anyway I can and if you guys want I can get a bunch o drinks for pretty cheap and Tax free babay

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
****, I just remembered, O-No, you're not close to downtown Norfolk are you?

If we want these discounts, we have to pick it up. Ugh. I'll need a driver, whom will be paid gas money.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
****, I just remembered, O-No, you're not close to downtown Norfolk are you?

If we want these discounts, we have to pick it up. Ugh. I'll need a driver, whom will be paid gas money.
if u need some help getting stuff, i can help.

Top Bottom