• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
I hella don't miss doug! He wanted to bang the sh*t outta my girlfriend!
and how the hell isnt link a character in ur melee?! he's not an unlockable hoee

EDIT: ***** the sh*t outta my girlfriend.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
He only played for about a year...Placed pretty well...Toasty had to quit Brawl because of a bet he lost...
Well that's the reason I will NEVER play Brawl again...but that's not why I quit.

The bet happened at Pound 4 (January of this year if you've been living under a Smash rock)

But I quit Brawl [on a serious level] after the C3 ECRC event in November 2008.

After my first 0-2 in my Brawl career [putting me at 65th for a circuit event and inspiring honest questions like "yo toasty were you DQed or something?" XD] I'm not going to start an argument about what it takes to be good or anything about how good/bad Brawl is.

This isn't about Brawl.

It's about Melee.

After I was eliminated, I found a laggy TV in the back where Nacker, Kirbstir, and Crismas were playing Melee and I was like "oh **** I haven't played this game seriously since Brawl came out! I miss this game"

After about 10 minutes I shouted in sadness "OMFG WHY DID I EVER STOP PLAYING THIS GAME?!?!"

Since then, I started caring less and less about Brawl..I still held tourneys and went to tourneys to support the scene...then I held my first Melee Revival tournament in January 2009..I think I went to a small handful of Chudat biweeklies but all I did was bull**** my Brawl matches so I could go back where the garage setups were and play Melee for hours against Wife, Omni, Umbreon, and a few others =D

The last Brawl event I entered was actually here in Georgia over a year ago when D0N was interning in Atlanta and we both went to this Brawl/Melee tourney

But I only played teams with D0N just for the sake of teaming with my SoVa bro...in GEORGIA haha

I'll talk about the bet, later...

edit: thanks Ether <3

CStick

Smash Lord
Where the heck IS Doug?
dude, I tried to hit up his AIM, his phone...got nothing.

He literally fell off the face of the Earth, I guess. I guess his new job took him to some interesting places, perhaps. He's was making pretty big bank from just starting out on it from what he told me; like, enough to stop living with roommates and buy a decent house kind of bank...

Famous

Smash Champion
Toasty needs to host some melee tournies once your settled back down here....I want to get back into melee so bad D:...

IT'll make me become more versatile in both games

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
This isn't about Brawl.

It's about Melee.

After I was eliminated, I found a laggy TV in the back where Nacker, Kirbstir, and Crismas were playing Melee and I was like "oh **** I haven't played this game seriously since Brawl came out! I miss this game"

After about 10 minutes I shouted in sadness "OMFG WHY DID I EVER STOP PLAYING THIS GAME?!?!"
Aw I'm glad I'm part of your reason somehow haha. Ah yea... I remember that tourny too. <3 Melee and <3 Toasty.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
so basically I'll prolly be out of class by 3 at the latest, I really wanna get some smash in this week, has been stressful as ****

pm or something if you can give me a ride, I'll front you gas and meal or something. I'm near newport news

rhan

Smash Hero
Toasty runs the fastest tourneys ever. Even with 50+ people it's done in about 4 hours. He gets **** done!

<3

Haven't been to a hometown tourney in a while. I can hype it and make sigs again.

CStick

Smash Lord
this one time, I was helping Toasty run a tourney. I asked him to hold my pool matches for ten minutes so I could go get breakfast. 15 minutes later, Lozr and Tope were playing off in winners grand finals and I had been apparently DQ'd for not showing up for my pool.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Yea i'm definitely looking forward to this ability to play smash again!
Parents are becoming more lenient, i'm taking care of my easy school work, and toasty's back.
So now we have 2 people hosting! Toasty--> Tourneys ][ Ether----> FamilyFeastFests
And maybe eventually we'll have rhan hosting too. And i just helped my grandpa hook up a nice room for a few small fests at his house too! So i'll let yall know when we can play in newport news too :D

Ether

Smash Ace
Nice! Who needs a ride?

Also, please, no one post anything on my facebook. I'm trying to keep someone out of the loop of this smash fest. Thanks you guys.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
Nice! Who needs a ride?

Also, please, no one post anything on my facebook. I'm trying to keep someone out of the loop of this smash fest. Thanks you guys.
I do but I have no idea how far away I am

edit: just mapquested it, its like an hour. I wouldn't feel right with you even entertaining that lol

CStick

Smash Lord
Ether: I will show up some time before midnight. Hopefully more than just me will be there at that time. Text me if everyone leaves and you choose not to play me when I come over when I usually do, lol

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
is...is it me? D:

ill notify rahil about the fest

would you mind reposting addy + code/any other info he might need?

rhan

Smash Hero
this one time, I was helping Toasty run a tourney. I asked him to hold my pool matches for ten minutes so I could go get breakfast. 15 minutes later, Lozr and Tope were playing off in winners grand finals and I had been apparently DQ'd for not showing up for my pool.
No johns negro.

Yea i'm definitely looking forward to this ability to play smash again!
Parents are becoming more lenient, i'm taking care of my easy school work, and toasty's back.
So now we have 2 people hosting! Toasty--> Tourneys ][ Ether----> FamilyFeastFests
And maybe eventually we'll have rhan hosting too. And i just helped my grandpa hook up a nice room for a few small fests at his house too! So i'll let yall know when we can play in newport news too :D
Awesome! I'll get my weekends back on November. So I'll be able to start hosting again then.

Not me, taking a strange trip to NC.
Yeah right... lucky ***...

Top Bottom