• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

CStick

Smash Lord
I get off work at 3pm. If there is enough time after I eat then I'll try and show up. i can't make promises though.

Seriously...c;mon guys: go smash. ****.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah, we had like 4 people wanting to go and now prolly nobody is coming.
shae, poehl, and illboy were supposed to come, you too cstick.

Edit: I saw a thread about keeping the community alive, but I can't find it.
shae, I'm pretty sure that you coming and doing something that you like won't be hindered by depression. poehl is depending on you for a ride too. illboy, i don't even know whats happening with you. cstick, I've really never played a good ganon... ;-;
I've waited four years to play smash with real people.

CStick

Smash Lord
I'm gonna duck out. I'm sick and I just got off work. I'm also in a bad mood. john john john johannesburg johnzzz

I'll catch ya guys soon - hopefullt at Ether's. I'm off on a Sunday soon and may host that day if people are down for it.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
i heard yun and yang were gonna be in it the day they were announced and they werent allowed to take videos or anything so they had to report via text what was going on

but thats the first video ive seen of them. looks cool, but im pretty sure itll only be in the arcade translation, which makes me not wanna play sf4 ever now....

at least that makes me not have to decide between that and other games :)

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
wretched was spiderman

a hero among men - among trolls, spammers, and even squanderers

yes, though the rest might fall, wretched was there to fight for truth and justice

but alas

the squanderers were too strong

and the spiderman became emo

so emo in fact

that he spawned a new evil

a new wretched evil

an evil comparable to venom

Why, you ask? BECAUSE PEOPLE KEEP BAILING ON HIM TO PLAY SMASH WTF!?!?

Everytime i see this guy post he's either asking to play smash or getting told that everyone has cancelled.

Every. Time.

wtf sova?

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Yeah.
Very.

Edit: When youre new you get Ignored, Pushed to the side, and your post don't mean as much as others.
Thats just how it is.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm late as hell but mugen is ****ing legit.
M
Only when kuromaru and slime are playing ._.
OMFG NOOOOOO! Don't even look into this!

Also I think if I didn't have to work today me and Shae could have headed down there... >_>

I ****ing hate my job... I'm putting in my 2 weeks today..

What's good with next Sunday? I'll rain check on seeing my girl... Though I haven't seen her for two weeks...

I wanna play.... But only if it's worth miss seeing her for another week...

Ether

Smash Ace
all talk but no show :0
Wait, what do you mean? I have to work. I said I'm probably hosting Thursday or Friday, though.

Edit - I like your spirit, Wretched, and I can't wait to play you.

Confirmed smash at my place Friday. You guys down? $2 pizza buy in, lol. I'll drive around and pick people up. I may need a few dollars for gas money, not much. Caboose, yours is free. Let me know who needs a ride.

CStick

Smash Lord
Wait, what do you mean? I have to work. I said I'm probably hosting Thursday or Friday, though.

Confirmed smash at my place Friday. You guys down? $2 pizza buy in, lol. I'll drive around and pick people up. I may need a few dollars for gas money, not much. Caboose, yours is free. Let me know who needs a ride.
as long as you have people over late so I can come by after work, I'm down.

rhan

Smash Hero
turhan

DO NOT DO THAT
Don't do which that?

He was talking about our community (I believe).

We're all able to deliver. But we don't show up.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Dear Ether,

If you host the weekend I'm in DC, I'm going to eat your family.

Kthxbai,
Caboose
lolllllllllllllllllllllllllll

btw: he'll do it, too. this man ate an entire LARGE Stromboli from Andrea's Pizza singlehandedly. My fatness is no match ;__;
so long as it doesn't ruin your spirit for the game...because that's just ****ing dumb :) Who gives a **** about the tierlist, honestly. They need to stop calling it that and just say it's a reflection of the 2010 community

ALSO...BIG NEWS......that I kindly request stay OFF of facebook for now.

So when is SOVA going to host a big tourney and get Richmond and Nova to come eh???
Considering I'm moving back to Virginia in a week......we'll see.
Fixed.

^_^

rhan

Smash Hero
SoVa just got a little more alive...

And my hate for the MBR is still at max. But my love for the community has not depleted any.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
@ Wretched: look man, just keep up the spirit. It's like the friction of pushing a huge box on carpet...real difficult to get it moving at first, despite your efforts...but as soon as you get it to budge, it's smooth sailin :)

okay that was a lame ****ing analogy

the point is: until you either show up to a SoVa fest and meet everyone else [and introduce yourself..don't be the quiet new guy unless you want to be forgotten/ignored], or until more people finally end up making their way to your place and reporting back with having had a good time [sounds whack but positive responses are necessary for rep], then the trend will continue

hopefully people will show up sooner than later :)

just don't give up XD

Ether

Smash Ace
Yeah, I would have come out if not for my job. And is Zeus still around?

Toasty... I'm looking forward to another of your sick huge tournies. I wonder if Doll will still team with me.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Gimme 4 GOOD reasons not to.
1 - cash money

2 - cash money fo bichez cuz bichez alwayz handlin fo a *****z wallet

3 - work experience/resume building: future potential jobs want to see that u were able to hold a job rather than quitting out after the first 2 months or so - "why should i hire this guy, if he's prolly gonna bail on us soon"

4 - No job is gonna be great - if its not ur dream career, its prolly gonna suck - no lie - i didnt want to keep working at my job after the first month but i stuck with it cuz 1) i knew it couldnt get much better and 2) it just made more sense to maximize my time working for future needs rather than doing what i would be doing otherwise: playing games, eating, and being lazy nonstop

dont get me wrong; im not going back to that job again, or even thinking about being a waiter again, but if I had to, i could, and i think id be pretty good at it considering my experience, and now that I actually have the beginnings of a resume, other jobs that require work experience are more likely to hire me. It also doesnt hurt to have a former boss as a reference say "Hey, you should hire this kid." No matter how much u brag about urself to an employer, nothing comes close to someone else bragging about you.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart

$2 pizza buy in, lol.
Oh, you were saying that they were active, I was saying they're all talk ^^
I'm actually pretty bad at smash now. I am aware of pretty much everything that makes a player good, but my lack of playing for around 3-4 years has made it so i can't really apply anything. I figured this out when malco 4 stocked me our first match.
I hope to regain my general goodness at smash though. I'm going to try to play as much as I can until pound. Plus I heard you're the best in virginia, so **** >.>
Oh, and I'm in for the pizza.

@ Wretched: look man, just keep up the spirit. It's like the friction of pushing a huge box on carpet...real difficult to get it moving at first, despite your efforts...but as soon as you get it to budge, it's smooth sailin :)

okay that was a lame ****ing analogy

the point is: until you either show up to a SoVa fest and meet everyone else [and introduce yourself..don't be the quiet new guy unless you want to be forgotten/ignored], or until more people finally end up making their way to your place and reporting back with having had a good time [sounds whack but positive responses are necessary for rep], then the trend will continue

hopefully people will show up sooner than later :)

just don't give up XD
pep talk from toasty
YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAA- I mean I understand. The smash community had a lot of momentum when I was younger and here. I think it can get going again.

Let's try to run an actual tourney if we have time to this Friday.
Don't take my moneys.

hey guys
I live in a large house and I have no unfree time, so if anybody needs a place to smash, I'll always be here from 3:00-8:30 on weekdays, and all day on weekends. I have 4 setups available as well. Maybe that will make you guys more enthusiastic.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
o.o

why has no one played this man

Wretched, could you post your address please? i seriously doubt id be able to get over there (would need to use bus rather than car) but if your place is within reasonable walking distance from the nearest bus stop ill try to get out there on a monday or friday

Top Bottom