• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
Okay so I want to reserve the hotel room(s) for Pound sometime between this week and next week. So far it's only me, Shae and Wretched. Is there anyone else that wants to join?

Also to answer for Ether. It is.

/stalkerstatus.

Ether

Smash Ace
Fest is now starting at 5pm. Gives me a chance to run around and pay some bills, yayuhz.

Still the same place as before, passcode is 426. I'll just go ahead and post my cell: 757-639-0253. I prefer texts. Still $2 buy in for pizza.

So Boose, are you the only one that needs a ride? I'll be grabbing you around 4:30.

CStick, that story about being DQ'd was hella funny. Too bad, though..

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Aw I'm glad I'm part of your reason somehow haha. Ah yea... I remember that tourny too. <3 Melee and <3 Toasty.
d'awww <3 that was when I got my awesome ROB sticker ^_^ (and when I met you, actually =D)
toasty no joke has hosted some of the best tournies ive been to

in fact i think ive been spoiled by their quality
double d'awww <3
Toasty runs the fastest tourneys ever. Even with 50+ people it's done in about 4 hours. He gets **** done!

<3

Haven't been to a hometown tourney in a while. I can hype it and make sigs again.
haha I've also been the culprit behind a 7 team tourney that took many hours because it was my first time running Brawl and Melee and MaSHi was stuck in both games and we decided to hold up MELEE for some ******** reason.......w/e I crumbled under the stress that comes with hosting Hi-Score Gaming tourneys XD sorriez @ Kitsune/Cdot even though they both retired ;__;

this one time, I was helping Toasty run a tourney. I asked him to hold my pool matches for ten minutes so I could go get breakfast. 15 minutes later, Lozr and Tope were playing off in winners grand finals and I had been apparently DQ'd for not showing up for my pool.
whoa whoa whoa wait are you serious?!?!?! when the hell did this happen?!

I have absolutely no recollection of this...in fact I don't remember EVER DQ'ing ANYONE from my tourneys (though if I did it was probably Linkomac LOL)

Please enlighten me because I feel like a total *** :(

It'll honestly be a while before I host again. Personal life is all kinds of chaotic right now and I can't handle the stress of putting together a good tournament [because I won't put my name on anything less]

Even if I DO start hosting again, I might do like a bi-monthly or something...you know...cuz SoVa is SOOO active in the tourney scene >_> don't even suggest weeklies/biweeklies/monthlies cuz we've tried it all and the **** just DOESN'T work and won't until we have more people who are mobile, earning some form of income, available, and not emo all the time.

CStick

Smash Lord
lol, Toasty I was making a joke on how you run tourneys so fast that fifteen minutes later the tourney was almost done. My bad, lol. The only time I got DQ'd was in that NC tourney where the douche stole my ipod, because the sheriff took forever to fill out the paperwork.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
i thought about it

the reason sova is so molasses is because there is not an active college scene anywhere.

i mean, there are so many (good) colleges in va, but ive never heard of a jmu scene or any fests going on at UR or hardly any at W&m. wash and lee? radford? lynchburg/liberty (lol)? va state?

here there are so many colleges and at least 1 if not acouple to around 5-6 people from every school who host and come out to stuff frequently. it also makes it easier to be, like, having a fest and some kids down the hall are interested and join in. voila: ur scene has expanded. where here, i dont remember the last time someone was introduced to smash by another player. most people here are from the "golden age" of sova, so their smash enthusiasm has experienced some dacay

solution? peopl in college step ya game up. play melee with ur friends. host at the venues which are readily available to u as opposed to depending on ppl who live with their parents host.

***this assumes that there are these types of ppl in sova. **** i dont even know

toasty

Smash Hero
you're dead on, dude...

that's actually the foundation for a lot of the SoVa expansion back in '06/'07 [which is what got me started]

*insert story about how the ODU Retro Room was the breeding ground for so much of SoVa smash...so many new players constantly coming through as it was the University's game room...that is until the Retro Room moved and the simple removal of Standard Definition TVs with HDTVs in their stead, coupled with a rule barring anyone from bringing their own TVs, implanted the virus that slowly killed the ODU scene*

toasty

Smash Hero
brawl has bi weeklies :)

melee has johns :(
Brawl has biweeklies?

well good ****, Brawl!!!

The thing I forgot to mention was that when I tried biweeklies/monthlies and experienced the SoVa Squander Syndrome, it was with BRAWL.

*shades*

...well...off to my final tournament in Georgia in a bit.

If there's a stream I'll post it.

It's the new Georgia SSBM House League and today's the monthly =D!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=284084

^take notes fellas

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I should hold onceamonthlies toasty
but I would need people to show.
maybe I could get the brawl people to come and you guys could play brewlee

rhan

Smash Hero
I have no idea.

I'm not able to do anything until November and the last fest I went to I got to play 1 set with Toasty and we got the boot.

BTW: Monday - Wednesday what's going on?

Famous

Smash Champion
I remember when I was good at that game..I was wrecking with Mario and Captain Falcon Q.Q

ROFL, in the first vid you here me playing Mario in the background D:

Top Bottom